Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
10 crawler(s) on-line.
 167 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 matthey:  11 mins ago
 amigakit:  35 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  37 mins ago
 pixie:  58 mins ago
 BigD:  2 hrs 17 mins ago
 AndreasM:  3 hrs ago
 kolla:  3 hrs 2 mins ago
 zipper:  3 hrs 8 mins ago
 OlafS25:  3 hrs 33 mins ago
 Swisso:  3 hrs 37 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Hardware
      /  [Poll] Will we see ACK Pictures? It's Pictures Tuesday...
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 )
Poll : Will we see pictures from ACK today as promised?
yes
no
his camera broke
it's not Tuesday in Alaska
wait, THIS Tuesday?
maybe
pancakes are your friend

PosterThread
samface 
Re: [Poll] Will we see ACK Pictures? It's Pictures Tuesday...
Posted on 15-Jun-2006 14:23:00
#361 ]

@polka.

Quote:
I was looking at the whole picture. 10 announcements with 10 times failing to meet the expectations or show _anything_ can certainly not be only explained with "bad luck" or "sh*it happens". The recent case doesn't change this picture.

But noone tried to explain 10 announcements with 10 times failing to meet the expectations with "sh*t happens"! I was talking about Adam's father being hospitalized. I don't have the slightest clue about the reasons for anything of any past announcements, I'm talking about the misfortune of Adam's family here and in the ligth of this, anything related to past announcements is simply not important. Please stop mentioning them over and over again.

MINDRELEASE.net - The Non-Commercial Network of Digital Arts.

Samworks D & C - Professional Web Development (in Swedish)

Profile     Report this post  
Anonymous 
Posted on 15-Jun-2006 14:32:14
# ]

@All

I really think it's enough now. The topic has gone too far. Close and lock it and show Adam some respect....Many of you should have a great shame of yourself acting rudely like that...Shame on you!

Report this post  
polka. 
Posted on 15-Jun-2006 14:33:37
#363 ]

@samface

Quote:
I was talking about Adam's father being hospitalized.

Ok, I didn't have the impression that many would have any doubts about that or show some "disrespect" of him. This is simply not a target for discussions - and I hope you don't further try to lay words in my mouth or claim that I "disrespect Adam's private life".

Last edited by polka. on 15-Jun-2006 at 02:35 PM.
Last edited by polka. on 15-Jun-2006 at 02:34 PM.

_Steve_ 
Posted on 15-Jun-2006 14:52:39
#364 ]
Team Member

@all

I believe this thread has lasted long enough now, although I will not be locking it unless things continue on the path the last few pages have taken. I would like to ask now that people move on and stop repeating the same points over and over ad infinitum.

d0c 
Posted on 15-Jun-2006 15:54:42
#365 ]
Cult Member

Any community must learn to identify the histrionic. A histrionic promises lots of impressive stuff and thrives on the attention. The more attention he gets, the more he promises, until he is just getting really silly. When confronted by the fact that he can't *possibly* provide what he said, he will usually burst into a rage, or at least blame negativity as the reason he fell short. Or just blame others....

Last edited by d0c on 15-Jun-2006 at 03:55 PM.

zerohero 
Posted on 15-Jun-2006 16:15:54
#366 ]
Team Member

@d0c

Shouldn't you give credit to KennyR (XraalE) for quoting him?

polka. 
Posted on 15-Jun-2006 16:17:48
#367 ]

@zerohero

Quote:

LOL, exactly what I was thinking. Also note that this did not happen for the first time (but at least sometimes he was linking to the original post).

wegster 
Posted on 15-Jun-2006 16:55:53
#368 ]
Elite Member

@Colin_Camper

Quote:
However I do not agree with attempts to 'demonise' this thread. 98% of the thread before Adam announced his personal news was about the delay of the photographs and some of these were sarcastic, some bitchy, some genuine specualtion.

Quote:
Locking this thread will achieve nothing - people who feign disgust at this thread either haven't read it, have gained an opinion from a thread on another site or have their own agenda..

Heh, there's no attempt to 'demonize' it. I agree about most comments prior to his posting being valid/not terrible, but at this point, it's a question of it there's really anything more to be said on the matter. Several have asked for thread deletion...sorry, I don't believe in that short of the occasional spammer or something so obviously wrong to see posted on an Amiga site. Some comments have been edited for TOS violations, but the 'worst' I see happening is we lock it...in which case, Adam can certainly still read it if/when he chooses to, and hopefully read the valid points made...and in some cases, possibly remind people a bit that people can indeed be affected by what may be posted to a forum (the personal attacks and completely inappropriate comments).

*shrug* We'll see, but again, it looks from this side as this has run it's course.

Legion 
Posted on 15-Jun-2006 17:08:38
#369 ]
Cult Member

@zerohero

Quote:

XraalE is KennyR? I didn't know that.

I wondered what happened to that guy...

ChrisH 
Posted on 17-Jun-2006 10:09:48
#370 ]
Elite Member

@d0c who said Quote:
Any community must learn to identify the histrionic. A histrionic promises lots of impressive stuff and thrives on the attention. The more attention he gets, the more he promises, until he is just getting really silly. When confronted by the fact that he can't *possibly* provide what he said, he will usually burst into a rage, or at least blame negativity as the reason he fell short. Or just blame others....

It's unfortunate that the Amiga has had so many broken promises & out-right fabrications that it becomes reasonable to question someone's excuse for not meeting their latest big promises, even when they say their father has been hospitalised.

While in some ways I hope that his excuse is true, I am surprised that no-one has directly said that the chances of his father (or any family member) suddenly become ill in the 3 day period (between his promise & his deadline) must be EXTREMELY small. It is only because of the length of time is so small that doubts creep in. If it had been a few weeks or months, then it would be fairly believeable. But 3 days?

Sorry if this post seems in poor taste, but I don't feel that intelligent discussion should be censored.

Seer 
Posted on 17-Jun-2006 10:51:00
#371 ]
Team Member

@ChrisH

While in some ways I hope that his excuse is true, I am surprised that no-one has directly said that the chances of his father (or any family member) suddenly become ill in the 3 day period (between his promise & his deadline) must be EXTREMELY small.

Just to note, it might not be "suddenly". His father may allready been ill for quit some time as Adam only told us his father was admitted. That might mean his sickness became worse overnight and was unexpected so Adam felt "confident" he didn't have to worry about his father.

I myself had several of these things happen to me. (making the chance less small IMHO)

(My great grandfather died suddenly without any sign of sickness, in fact, he lived to be a 100 years old, did his own groceries (sp?), housecleaning, had to walk 2 stairs to do all that, and that was over just like that.. Very unexpected..

My grandfather was admitted to hospital for a few weeks. The day before he died doktors told us he was doing fine and would be "released" that week..

Similar to my other grandfather, who was admitted to hospital as well, but the day before he died nothing indicated the end was near. In fact, he was cleaning his fake teeth all by himself..

Want to hear more of those ? Got about 10 more of these stories from first hand experience....)

All I'm trying to say that Adam never said his father was suddenly ill, all he said his father was admitted to hospital. We have no idea why, maybe it was a lousy car accident, maybe his father has been ill for many months allready. Just maybe Adam made the story up (which is a rather sick thing to do IMHO, so I rather doubt that, even if it's only for my own comfort)

We'll see. Adam has logged on this week a few times AFAIK, so he probably reads some of this. If his father is indeed in hospital I fully understand he's unwilling to talk about it here and even uodate us.

Give it a few weeks. Give Adam some time, if he lied to us he will never tell us anyway. If he is telling the thruth he will never tell us if we keep doubting his honesty.

Last edited by Seer on 17-Jun-2006 at 10:51 AM.

ChrisH 
Posted on 17-Jun-2006 10:55:34
#372 ]
Elite Member

@Seer
Well, if his father had been ill for some time, then perhaps he should have factored that into his 3-day hard-deadline? Maybe it was an off-the-cuff comment, but someone in such public view really needs to learn not to do that, particularly when they have a history of failing to meet such promises.

Probabilities are very simple. Either they are high (and thus likely to happen), or low (and thus unlikely to happen). 3-days either means it was a very high probability (which he should have thus known about), or a very low probability (and therefore shouldn't have happen, hence the nagging doubt).

Last edited by ChrisH on 17-Jun-2006 at 10:59 AM.
Last edited by ChrisH on 17-Jun-2006 at 10:57 AM.

Seer 
Posted on 17-Jun-2006 12:31:56
#373 ]
Team Member

@ChrisH

Well, if his father had been ill for some time, then perhaps he should have factored that into his 3-day hard-deadline?

Depends I suppose, if the good doctors (being sarcastic here) have told them all was looking good.. (As I said, I have heard them say that so many times only to find they were wrong..Probability would suggest otherwise wouldn't it ?)

3-days either means it was a very high probability (which he should have thus known about), or a very low probability (and therefore shouldn't have happen, hence the nagging doubt).

Perhaps, yes.

It's to hard to tell without having direct contact with Adam (and with that I mean not email/PM but face to face chat).

I understand the doubt, I just know from (to much) experience how sudden things can change..

Jeffshepherd 
Posted on 17-Jun-2006 13:11:37
#374 ]

@ChrisH

Quote:
Well, if his father had been ill for some time, then perhaps he should have factored that into his 3-day hard-deadline?

How the heck can you factor illness in to something like this?? Why dont you people just get off of Adams case. Instead of having ago at him why not see if you can do something to help the Amiga community.

Skunkfish 
Posted on 17-Jun-2006 13:32:43
#375 ]

@Jeffshepherd

I'm definitely with you on that one..

It's only a couple of photos, what are we all fussing about? There are certainly more important things in life for him and us!

All this just goes to show that the community:

a) Doesn't trust that Adam is even working on the boards
b) Isn't worth developing hardware for (at least from what they have shown in this thread)

Skunkfish

Skunkfish 
Posted on 17-Jun-2006 13:35:01
#376 ]

In addition...

Blame Commodore, blame Escom, blame Gateway 2000, blame Amiga Inc, blame Eyetech, blame Hyperion if you like but I think that we are more responsible for our own downfall than anyone else.

Skunkfish

Jeffshepherd 
Posted on 17-Jun-2006 13:37:51
#377 ]

@Skunkfish

Better to just blame mistakes and problems rather than people or organizations.

L8-X 
Posted on 17-Jun-2006 15:28:57
#378 ]
Elite Member

@thread

This topic has really ran it course, although I'm not going to lock it I will remove it from the frontpage display.

ChrisH 
Posted on 18-Jun-2006 9:41:19
#379 ]
Elite Member

@Jeffshepherd
I'm NOT on Adam's case. I have no axe to grind. I will be pleasantly surprised if he produces the goods, and saddened (but not shocked) if he doesn't.

All I was really trying to do was explain WHY some people could have doubts about his explanation for his latest failed promise. There is no need to read nasty intentions into the people raising these questions (although some may have them). It is simply the sheer number of broken promises, lack of any sort of proof seen by anyone, and the latest improbable explanation. It is certainly still POSSIBLE that everything is as he says it is, but anyone who's intelligence isn't being overrode by their feelings should at least see that the chances of this being true are falling.

Frankly, I don't know what to believe. I had hoped we could intelligently discuss it. But it appears that some people feel the need to make this an emotional issue for people other than Adam.

Last edited by ChrisH on 18-Jun-2006 at 09:41 AM.

wegster 
Posted on 20-Oct-2007 1:46:05
#380 ]
Elite Member

@wegster

Amazing. We've now waited ~17 months. Anyone have a pic yet?

I guess we do need to at least hand it to ACube- they actually PRODUCED something.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle