Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
24 crawler(s) on-line.
 153 guest(s) on-line.
 2 member(s) on-line.

saimo,  Gunnar

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 saimo:  3 mins ago
 Gunnar:  3 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  15 mins ago
 amigakit:  21 mins ago
 OldFart:  22 mins ago
 _ThEcRoW:  41 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  1 hr 9 mins ago
 retrofaza:  1 hr 9 mins ago
 Rob:  1 hr 10 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 32 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Site Announcements
      /  Statement by Mikey_C.
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
Rit 
Re: Statement by Mikey_C.
Posted on 17-Oct-2006 14:04:59
#81 ]

@falemagn

Quote:

falemagn wrote:
@Rit

Quote:

I had a feeling you would post something like this on this thread. You may be fairly intelligent but you are predictable..

"Something like this" being the "Führer" reference? What was predictable about it is the reaction it generated, actually. It was a trap set there on purpose, to see whether anyone would bother replying to the real content of the message rather than focusing on the "Führer" reference.

So far, everyone, including the moderator, proved my point: it's just too easy to hit the "report" button when you feel nailed in the corner.

And then, Führer simply means leader, whilst "idiot" means "idiot", and the people I was responding to have used that word to address seehund and the ones who don't feel he's done anything wrong. Haven't seen them moderated, yet.

Food for thought people, food for thought!

Quote:

Personally i think you are a jealous guy who can't handle seeing other people get credit where you dont feel it's due.

Now now... what's that if not a personal attack? But I'll let it go, 'cause I don't feel offended by it. For the record, I'm not jealous of anyone, I have all the credit I need and deserve in real and virtual life, thanks. And, what's more, I have self-exteem.

Just read what I write, focus on the substance, don't try and interpret my motives, they are, at best, irrelevant. The message is important, the content. When will you lot learn this little truth?

Last edited by Rit on 17-Oct-2006 at 02:07 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
falemagn 
Posted on 17-Oct-2006 14:06:19
#82 ]

@Mikey_C

It feels like when I was in kindergarden, "teacher, seehund said I'm a bad guy!".

~~ Henry Ford

cgutjahr 
Posted on 17-Oct-2006 14:07:20
#83 ]
Cult Member

@falemagn

Quote:

You probably missed the fact that I'm merely stating the point that if one wants to post a dancing banana in a thread where someone says "I'm leaving", he's totally entitled to do so without having to be accused of all sort of things.

You were talking about "intelligence". I don't care if seehund is "entitled" to ridicule Mikey_C - it's not exactly polite and it was guaranteed to provoke aggressive replies - so why post it at all?

If you post something while knowing it's going to wind a few people up, you should think twice about posting it. After all, it might be good for the overall atmosphere *not* to post it, and if both the topic and your remark aren't of any real importance, why bother?

Not to mention that Seehund is actually pretty capable of definding himself, I don't think he needs your help.

Quote:

People who see "bads" right and left just deserve all the ironic statements they can get. I use to make fun of them all the time, too. And yes, it is fun to make them get red in the face! (pun inteded).

In Germany there's a saying that goes "you love to hear yourself talking". I guess that one applies to you.

If anything, saying "Heil Führer" to a German just to make arrogant remarks about his missing sense of irony afterwards, just proves that you don't have much of a clue about how many Germans (apparently including Mason) still feel about their history.

But hey, you're entitled to say it and it's guaranteed to provoke replies, which in turn allowes you to demonstrate your impressive wit with even more off-topic postings - so who am I to tell you to shut up?

Mason 
Posted on 17-Oct-2006 14:09:22
#84 ]

@falemagn

Quote:

falemagn wrote:
@Mason

Quote:

That is not funny and in no way acceptable for me!
Haven't you learned from history?

How predictable...

As said, intelligent people know how to read irony. Draw your conclusions.

Yes, intelligent people know how to read irony - but unintelligent people don't know how to use it.

Mikey_C 
Posted on 17-Oct-2006 14:14:32
#85 ]
Elite Member

@all

POPCORN!!! GET YOUR POPCORN HERE!!!

POPCORN!!!!!!!

Seehund 
Posted on 17-Oct-2006 14:18:11
#86 ]

@MikeB

Quote:

MikeB wrote:
@Seehund

Let me know when Mr Saviour is done saving AmigaOS.

I guess you somehow thought that was remotely on-topic, or something. If I didn't know any better, I guess I would've been whining about "trolls" right about now... ;)

Anyway, I think I get what you're hinting at (my sig), so which one of the 1,300 "saviours" are you talking about? Me? I'm not as narcissistic as ... ahem ... certain others, and don't use that self-important and self-glorifying vocabulary. You won't find excerpts from my personal photo album, or bragging about real or imaginary girlfriends, or anecdotes about how I can refrain from scamming old ladies when I sell furniture to them, just to show what a stand-up guy, all 'round great dude and important self-proclaimed "community representative" I am. Sorry, won't happen. You need not fear competition there. :P

Besides, I fear AmigaOS is past saving by anyone. But I'll let you know, just in case. :)

falemagn 
Posted on 17-Oct-2006 14:19:44
#87 ]

@cgutjahr

Quote:

You were talking about "intelligence". I don't care if seehund is "entitled" to ridicule Mikey_C - it's not exactly polite and it was guaranteed to provoke aggressive replies - so why post it at all?

I can turn that upside down and say that Mikey_C "I'm leaving" message was guaranteed to provoke the kind of responses it has gotten, including the seehund's one. So why post it at all?

Quote:

If you post something while knowing it's going to wind a few people up, you should think twice about posting it. After all, it might be good for the overall atmosphere *not* to post it, and if both the topic and your remark aren't of any real importance, why bother?

The topic of the thread is "Mikey_C is leaving". Seehund's reply was well on topic, I'd say! I ask again: is it only allowed to be sad for Mikey_C's departure from his moderator position? People who are happy about it are not allowed to post about their happiness? Please, give me a straight answer.

Quote:

Not to mention that Seehund is actually pretty capable of definding himself, I don't think he needs your help.

I'm not helping Seehund, I'm just stating my opinion. But, following your line of thought, Mikey_C is perfectly able to defend himself, so why are you here arguing about me and seehund? And even Mason is perfectly able to defend himself, so why are you here arguing about it? Double standards at play again?

Quote:

In Germany there's a saying that goes "you love to hear yourself talking". I guess that one applies to you.

If anything, saying "Heil Führer" to a German just to make arrogant remarks about his missing sense of irony afterwards, just proves that you don't have much of a clue about how many Germans (apparently including Mason) still feel about their history.

Feel free to believe me or not, but I didn't realize Mason was German till now. Had I known that, I would probably have not used that kind of irony. At any event, though, it's just too easy to entrench oneself behind the excuse of "history" and pretend you're offended. Maybe Mason is really offended, and I sincerely say "I'm sorry" to him - I really didn't realize you're German, Mason - however... the rest of the post is still there waiting for an answer, and no amount of claimed offence will wash it.

~~ Henry Ford

Mason 
Posted on 17-Oct-2006 14:29:30
#88 ]

@falemagn

Quote:
Feel free to believe me or not, but I didn't realize Mason was German till now. Had I known that, I would probably have not used that kind of irony. At any event, though, it's just too easy to entrench oneself behind the excuse of "history" and pretend you're offended. Maybe Mason is really offended, and I sincerely say "I'm sorry" to him - I really didn't realize you're German, Mason - however... the rest of the post is still there waiting for an answer, and no amount of claimed offence will wash it.

If this is true, and I believe it is...
Apologize accepted!

jkirk 
Posted on 17-Oct-2006 14:30:25
#89 ]
Elite Member

@falemagn

Quote:
Seehund's reply was well on topic, I'd say! I ask again: is it only allowed to be sad for Mikey_C's departure from his moderator position? People who are happy about it are not allowed to post about their happiness?

i have to agree with you 100%. as much as i hated what was said he had every right to say it.

Win•dows: n. A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen-bit patch to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a four-bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.

falemagn 
Posted on 17-Oct-2006 14:36:49
#90 ]

@Mason

Quote:

If this is true, and I believe it is...
Apologize accepted!

I would have no reasons to lie... I think everyone knows by now that I have no fear of stating what I think. So, yes, I really didn't realize that ironic remark could have a special inpact on you, as I didn't notice you're from Germany. Sorry again.

~~ Henry Ford

Mason 
Posted on 17-Oct-2006 14:52:05
#91 ]

@falemagn

No problem, I trust you - think I also have to apologize!
A more polite way to answer would have been a better choice!

Please accept my excuses too.

MikeB 
Posted on 17-Oct-2006 15:02:15
#92 ]
Elite Member

@Seehund

Just wanted to congratulate you on your efforts.

Finally got to sign your petition, saw it on all Amiga related forums and in reply to many Amiga-related articles such as on Slashdot and OSNews. You repeated it long enough to finally have me convinced! (I mistakely checked my email account for a conformation email or something. Luckily that wasn't neccesary!)

Many within the community want to see AmigaOS (and AROS / MorphOS ...) being made available on multiple different fast and cheap widely available hardware, maybe with signing your petition new AmigaOS4 hardware will get announced at AmiWest.

"Seehund: Saving AmigaOS since 2002 !!! "

Last edited by MikeB on 17-Oct-2006 at 03:03 PM.

falemagn 
Posted on 17-Oct-2006 15:05:11
#93 ]

@MikeB

Quote:

(I mistakely checked my email account for a conformation email or something. Luckily that wasn't neccesary!)

Oh gosh, there he goes, with his snide remark, suggesting that Seehund may have forged all those signatures. Priceless!

~~ Henry Ford

Seehund 
Posted on 17-Oct-2006 15:16:40
#94 ]

@cgutjahr

Quote:

cgutjahr wrote:
I don't care if seehund is "entitled" to ridicule Mikey_C - it's not exactly polite and it was guaranteed to provoke aggressive replies - so why post it at all?

For the record, I haven't ridiculed Mikey_C, not in THIS thread anyway. :)
I'd prefer to be left out of that kind of hypothetical discussions.

Seems like some people were mostly outraged over my use of the Banana (PBUH), as if the Banana (PBUH) must only be used to applaud Good News as determined by a Central Committe or an Imam. Not just ANY old good news. Insh'Banana!

Well, I suppose they'll proclaim a fatwa against me and burn some embassies over this:
Quote:
Edited: Banana overdose feel free to argue with me via PM /tomazkid

:D

Edit: Overdose? Oh well, sorry about that. Here's a instead. WARNING: massive 10kB 283x282 pixel JPEG banana overdose! /Seehund

Quote:
Edited 2: Removed link to image. There was a reason I removed it in the first place. This is an international forum, and something you see as a joke can be very offensive for a user from other place of the world.
You get a few days vacation for this, the lenght of the vacation I will discuss with my fellow staff members. /tomazkid
(addon, 7 days)

Moderation: A moderators say is final. When a moderation decision is made the moderator will document why either in private message or at the place where moderation occurred. This in most cases will be accompanied by reference to which Terms Of Service have been broken. Moderators are allowed to use their discretion in interpretation of the Terms Of Service and operate outside of the Terms Of Service where they see a need to intervene. Where you disagree, or feel unfairness is an issue, see Ajudication.

Quote:

(I see that Fabio already addressed this as I was drawing my blasphemous picture, but anyway...)

I don't think Fabio's only defending me or any other single person. It's about anyone being allowed to express their opinion, even when it deviates from the reactions that the thread starter in this case was fishing for ("oh noo, don't leave, wherever you go we'll follow, aw.net is getting worse!") . My opinion was "dancing banana" (="good news"), and I left it at that until jahc's accusations came.

Edit: Wasn't it Voltaire who said "I don't like what you're saying, but I'm prepared to debate on AW.net for your right to say it?"

Last edited by tomazkid on 17-Oct-2006 at 07:53 PM.
Last edited by tomazkid on 17-Oct-2006 at 07:46 PM.
Last edited by Seehund on 17-Oct-2006 at 06:36 PM.
Last edited by tomazkid on 17-Oct-2006 at 04:03 PM.
Last edited by tomazkid on 17-Oct-2006 at 04:02 PM.
Last edited by Seehund on 17-Oct-2006 at 03:25 PM.

MikeB 
Posted on 17-Oct-2006 15:19:06
#95 ]
Elite Member

@falemagn

I didn't state that! How dare you suggest anything like that? Surely the list is 100% genuine and nobody ever changed his or hers mind after digging deeper into the matter. Tsk Tsk

falemagn 
Posted on 17-Oct-2006 15:22:20
#96 ]

@MikeB

Mike, one usually digs first, then signs. If that's not how you use to handle issues like this, then I have a contract right here for you to sign. I assure you, it's a great deal you can't afford missing!

Thanks for confirming my first impression, though.

~~ Henry Ford

Gleng 
Posted on 17-Oct-2006 15:25:22
#97 ]

@Seehund

Hahaha, I just had to seriously bite my lip to stop myself from hooting out with laughter at work.

Last edited by Gleng on 17-Oct-2006 at 03:40 PM.

Jape 
Posted on 17-Oct-2006 15:32:44
#98 ]

@Seehund

OK, this is already gone too far, think what are you uploading?
I'm not a muslim, but that is a really severe insult for those who are!

Last edited by Jape on 17-Oct-2006 at 04:20 PM.

spudmiga 
Posted on 17-Oct-2006 15:40:03
#99 ]
Cult Member

@Jape

I agree

"Troll: Trolls show no respect for other people's opinions and deliberately crafts messages to provoke others with the intention of wasting their time and energy or just to cause anger and confrontations. There is no point in arguing with them; their minds are made up. Ignore them, and report the posts immediately to an Amigaworld Team Member."

I think at the moment Seehund fits that description.

Night Operations

A1200 020/28MHz + 64Mb / 4Gb CF / OS 3.1.4.1 / 1438S
A500+ / 2Mb
A600

hatschi 
Posted on 17-Oct-2006 15:41:23
#100 ]
Elite Member

@Jape

Quote:

Jape wrote:
@Seehund
OK, this is already gone too far, think what are you uploading?
I'm not a muslim, but that is a hell of a kind insult for those who are!

OMG. This is seriously getting too much now. Everybody just relax a bit, calm down and don't try to deliberately search for insults/offenses in anything and everything.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle