Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
19 crawler(s) on-line.
 168 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 LarsB:  8 mins ago
 AndreasM:  24 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  49 mins ago
 Hypex:  57 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 6 mins ago
 Gunnar:  1 hr 18 mins ago
 saimo:  2 hrs 7 mins ago
 amigakit:  2 hrs 26 mins ago
 OldFart:  2 hrs 26 mins ago
 _ThEcRoW:  2 hrs 46 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  ACK developer boards, we are near the one month late time period
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 Next Page )
PosterThread
jtsiren 
Re: ACK developer boards, we are near the one month late time period
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 15:23:25
#101 ]
Cult Member

@Plaz

Quote:
I'm as big a skeptic of Ack Controls as anyone here. Critisism of business, professionalism and public activity is warranted.

Agreed. The thing is, if this were an isolated incident I doubt anyone here would cross the line into non-professional behavior - they would hardly have a reason to. That doesn't excuse non-professional, or should I say non-civil behavior, but it does explain it a bit. The pattern that is there.

What I guess I'm trying to say is, when assessing the track-record of ACK we likely shouldn't focus too much on this personal matter but the track-record as a whole. Any family problems now are not an excuse for past non-performance, nor should they be treated as such.

If this time around ACK is making progess and indeed were just hampered by personal matters then so be it. I would welcome any progress from them. But I am curious about the past - why so many failed announcements, failure post even simple pictures that were promised.

What's the deal there?

Last edited by jtsiren on 17-Jun-2007 at 03:24 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
herewegoagain 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 15:27:21
#102 ]
Elite Member

@Kicko

Quote:

Kicko wrote:
@herewegoagain

Yes but still we have it on our A1 computers installed and they have been working on it, still updateing. We have both been seeing and feeling. For the ACK how many have seeing or feelin ?

Edit: Shutup kicko. Your going on my nerves ;)

It was not a serious reply... just something to make a point. But it still has the same results, even if a few hundred people bought developers boards and are running OS4, there is nothing to prove to the rest of us that OS4 was released in 2004. Especially since we've been continually fed the "when it's done" line from key OS4 developers up until December of 2006.

pixie 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 15:35:34
#103 ]
Elite Member

@herewegoagain

Adam is well within his rights to defend himself. Glittering has been given a very liberal leash to troll and attack members here at Amigaworld. He has posted personal attacks against Adam and they have not been moderated, but allowed to stay posted. And you DEFEND him??? If anything, I would say that YOU also do not know Adam and what his has gone through. It must be so nice for you condemning Adam from your Ivory tower.

I think it's actually better having glittering words on stone then erased, that way one can make a distinct picture on what kind of person we're having here, likewise the Adam reaction wasn't very insightful, and fairlanefastback had some fair points raised, which would be far more interesting to dissect instead of a straight rebuttal, because at first they might seem he isn't on Adams side of the fence...

I just would like to understand exactly on how wishing our own grief upon others (not to mention and their relatives) will increase their maturity, let alone our own.

Plaz 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 15:38:03
#104 ]

@pixie

Quote:
They will, once they die... it worked out for me

So I'm guessing your avatar is more of a grahical represntation of some where you've visited? Exactly how long was that clinical death?

Plaz

Moxee 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 15:45:21
#105 ]
Team Member

@glittering

Quote:

First of all, sorry to hear about you father. I will hold my hands up and admit my comments was over the top but i still say business and personal should remain separate,

Agreed.

Quote:

FFB has summed it up perfectly.

Quote:

But there has been a soap opera for so many years now in "Amigaland" that it seems many people have forgotten the basic tenants of the customer - company relationship. I don't know when someone at Acube is having a personal crisis, nor should I typically Just like I don't know that about anyone at any number of other businesses I would deal with in the normal course of my life on average from day to day.

FFB has a way with words. He seems to ask a lot of tough questions without causing too much alarm. Sometimes I disagree with him, sometimes his comments make me think, and sometimes I arrive at the party too late and the smoke has already cleared.

Quote:

So Ack, show up proof that items you have been announcing for years actually exist.

This is much better. Just don't be a broken record. That will get you nowhere. Remember the story of the boy who cried "Wolf" too many times.

Last edited by Moxee on 17-Jun-2007 at 03:53 PM.

I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 15:52:36
#106 ]
Team Member

@Androxyn

Quote:
So in short, the reason for this witchhunt by people like you and Fairlanefastback , is that you are afraid to be disappointed? What are you, a bunch of 3-year old girls? If ACK fails to deliever, without justyfiable cause, it will only cause damage to himself, no-one else.

No its about proactively questioning a company with a prior history that appears to be untruthful.

ACK = a company making bold promises of its own volition

If this firm can not deal with simple questions its its own issue.

Now let the company, and the man behind it, step up with answers.

As for your hurdled insult, ho-hum.

Amiga 1200

pixie 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 16:01:07
#107 ]
Elite Member

@Plaz

So I'm guessing your avatar is more of a grahical represntation of some where you've visited?

no... I don't have a graphical picture of it, just a mix of sensations...

Exactly how long was that clinical death?

To my knowledge it was some minutes, I was then in pre-coma and only after 5 days I regained consciousness.

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 16:02:20
#108 ]
Team Member

@herewegoagain

Quote:

herewegoagain wrote:
@fairlanefastback

Quote:

Why would you wish pain on someone you don't know, for all you know glittering is the black sheep of his family. You know nothing about members of his family. And people who have legitmately gone through such pain usually, in my experience anyway, learn from it that they would not even wish it on their worst enemy. People can react differently of course, and a moment of anger may be to blame here, which happens to all if us, but either way your wishing of pain and suffering on someone you don't know, for all you know a very good kind and kind person, well, its just pretty horrible. I hope you would consider at least not wishing this on someone other than glittering himself, at the least.

Adam is well within his rights to defend himself. Glittering has been given a very liberal leash to troll and attack members here at Amigaworld. He has posted personal attacks against Adam and they have not been moderated, but allowed to stay posted. And you DEFEND him??? If anything, I would say that YOU also do not know Adam and what his has gone through. It must be so nice for you condemning Adam from your Ivory tower.

(fixed broken nested quotes)

I defend his family members who have done nothing to Adam. Thats pretty clear in my post. I also say I understand Adam was angry and that can happen to anyone. But the right thing to do is for Adam to apologize that he wished ill on people who never have done anything to him in his life. Its wrong, plain and simple.

Now that dosen't mean glittering is a good guy, hence why I said at the least if Adam still feels a need to war, he should keep his anger focused on the party deserving of it, glittering personally.

If you have a problem with moderation here, take the issue up with a moderator. The moderators in my view seem pretty clear in their displeasure in what glittering has done. You think thats not enough, take it up with them, by all means, please!

Amiga 1200

jtsiren 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 16:10:03
#109 ]
Cult Member

@Moxee

Quote:
This is much better. Just don't be a broken record. That will get you nowhere. Remember the story of the boy who cried "Wolf" too many times

Does that "crying Wolf" apply to ACK's announcements as well...?

I guess it applies seeing the reactions.

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 16:10:33
#110 ]
Team Member

@Plaz

Quote:
Absolutely. And after a lengthy page of comment you still don't address my comment that accusing some one of faking a death is a step too far.

I never accused him of that. That was someone else.

Adam the man and ACK the company should not be viewed as indistingushable. The company, listing Adam as President in press releases made multiple bold announcements, from it wanting to do so, from it saying it was ready to go to market soon, etc. Now I'm very sorry that the president of this firm lost his father some time ago. But what has that to do with the rip roaring complete systems by summer and winter of this year announcements, and questions about those announcements have to do with a death sometime in the past. That death does not seem to be stopping ACK Software Controls' bold marketing intiative. Why should it nearly ciminalize questions surrounding it and prior company performance from potential customers??

Amiga 1200

Anonymous 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 16:16:57
# ]

It's all rather hard to believe, but I've given up believing anything these people say. Did Adam ever explain WHY the PowerVixxen was axed in favour of two completely different products?

We're supposed to believe that this huge amount of work was done. The thing was in, or close to, production and then he just gave up. Sorry Adam, but I don't believe your time, effort and skills are worth so little to you that you don't explain why.

Nobody was consulted. Nobody assessed demand for all these things. I don't want an uber-tower Amiga that can't even use all of its CPU cores. All this to run IBrowse and SimpleMail at Ludicrous Speed? I don't have the money or the space right now.

--

Want to see some irony? Go to the thread where people claim PowerPC is better for us than x86.

Then come back here and follow the vitriol, personal attacks and sad loss of fatih. This is where self-denial and outmoded opinions have led this community.

Chris

Last edited by clebin on 17-Jun-2007 at 04:18 PM.
Last edited by clebin on 17-Jun-2007 at 04:17 PM.

Report this post  
Canfod 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 17:02:30
#112 ]

@Tomas

Quote:

Tomas wrote:
@Canfod

So the product just go poof then, even though it had already gone into production? There was promises later to demo this said product which was cancelled for no apparent reason and then sometime later he promised to show us pictures of the board, but again absolutely nothing showed. Now we are a year or so later and he still has absolutely nothing to show and have broken yet another deadline.

Uh... is there a question in there somewhere, or are you trying to point out something that everybody here is already quite aware of? Based on what you said, I think all I need to reply, is that you should maybe read what I wrote in Post #70.

glittering 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 18:26:54
#113 ]

Quote:
This is much better. Just don't be a broken record. That will get you nowhere. Remember the story of the boy who cried "Wolf" too many times

Yes, Adam is exactly like the boy who cried wolf. Keep making announcements about products which do not exist is a perfect example of crying wolf and is certainly a open invitation to criticism. The charade has gone on long enough.

herewegoagain 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 18:31:40
#114 ]
Elite Member

@fairlanefastback

Quote:
I defend his family members who have done nothing to Adam.

Yet you neglect to say anything at all against the one who started with the insulting attack against Adam and his family member who has passed away. Instead, you prefer preach "morals" to Adam after having pretty much patted Glittering on the back in agreement with his disgusting comment.

BTW, having been part of the staff here for a number of years, I know full well the process of reporting moderation problems, and I sure as heck don't need you to tell me that.

Plaz 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 19:46:22
#115 ]

@jtsiren

Quote:
But I am curious about the past - why so many failed announcements, failure post even simple pictures that were promised.

What's the deal there?

Only one person knows for sure, and chooses to share only partial details. I'd line up to hear the gritty details with everyone else if they were available. Instead I think we just need to post an obligatory sign each time this subject comes up that says... "Nothing to see here, move along", oh and include the horse beating avatar.

Plaz

Last edited by Plaz on 17-Jun-2007 at 07:47 PM.

Plaz 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 20:18:14
#116 ]

@fairlanefastback

Quote:
I never accused him of that. That was someone else.

And I didn't accuse you of accusing him. I say that you went to enough trouble to quote and reply to my post, but bypassed my central topic.

Quote:
Adam the man and ACK the company should not be viewed as indistingushable.

There can be a fine line between personal and business issues, no doubt. Where that line may lay in any particular case can always be debatable as here. Replace Adam/Ack with Bill/Microsoft or Steve/Apple. I say it's been crossed whe a company officer has been accused of using the faked death of a loved one not involved with the company. My opinion.

No doubt Adam's response didn't score any point in the public opinion arena, but when you're already at zero and taking a beating.......

Plaz

ChrisH 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 20:26:35
#117 ]
Elite Member

@AMiGR who said Quote:
Oh, and to everyone who said stuff about his father, ffs guys, I do not think that anyone would fall to the level of LYING about such stuff, that was WAY out of line!

With due respect, what world do you live in? There are some nasty people out there in the real world, and they will say ANYTHING to get what they want (or to protect themselves), however shocking you might find it. PLEASE note I sincerely hope that ACK is not one of these people. But he has done his case ZERO benefit by the way he has acted over the past several years.

P.S. In case it is not clear, I strongly distance myself anyone who behaves like Glittering did.

@Androxyn who said Quote:
So in short, the reason for this witchhunt by people like you and Fairlanefastback , is that you are afraid to be disappointed?

It's not a witch-hunt, at least if you exclude the one or two like Glittering. ACK is quite capable of answering the valid questions posed to him, at least if he is legit. The fact that he does not speaks volumes at this point. That and the fact that he has not paid Jens Schoenfeld.

Personally speaking I was not going to raise the ACK issue again (I did that over a year ago, without any positive result). But since Fairlanefastback has done so, I felt that I must defend his (*) very valid points. Especially since ACK has made a new round of promises.

(* it seems strange say "his" about someone with a female avatar.)

Last edited by ChrisH on 17-Jun-2007 at 08:27 PM.

ChrisH 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 20:39:43
#118 ]
Elite Member

@clebin who said Quote:
It's all rather hard to believe, but I've given up believing anything these people say. Did Adam ever explain WHY the PowerVixxen was axed in favour of two completely different products?

We're supposed to believe that this huge amount of work was done. The thing was in, or close to, production and then he just gave up. Sorry Adam, but I don't believe your time, effort and skills are worth so little to you that you don't explain why.

I'm not aware of any explanation being given either. Which is certainly INCREDIBLY strange, as you say.

He seems to enjoy the attention of announcing new products, and talking about them. But when it comes to delivering on those promises, or when anyone questions him about past failures, all we get is silence. Perhaps he is in this only for the attention? I really hope not, but the more he stays silent, the worse he looks.

Zardoz 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 21:01:32
#119 ]
Team Member

@ChrisH

Quote:
With due respect, what world do you live in? There are some nasty people out there in the real world, and they will say ANYTHING to get what they want (or to protect themselves), however shocking you might find it. PLEASE note I sincerely hope that ACK is not one of these people. But he has done his case ZERO benefit by the way he has acted over the past several years.

The thing is, in real life, people lie about such things for economical, political or whatever gain. They do not usually lie to deceive a community of computer nerds no-one really cares about. Had he taken money out of a thousand people and then used that as an excuse it would be another thing. While I do not consider the family illness to be a valid excuse for quite a few things he's said (like, ones that happened long before and long after that came into the picture), I do not think that he'd use "oh, my father died", as a white lie to excuse himself from a bunch of nerds.

Yes, I believe he lies, in fact with all the stuff he's said I'd call him a compulsive liar but this does not mean that I think he lied about that.

Last edited by AMiGR on 17-Jun-2007 at 09:28 PM.

Plaz 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 21:06:45
#120 ]

@pixie

Then a belated .... Welcome Back!

Plaz

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle