Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
17 crawler(s) on-line.
 124 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 BigD:  24 mins ago
 OlafS25:  26 mins ago
 kolla:  45 mins ago
 amigakit:  54 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  57 mins ago
 Gunnar:  1 hr 35 mins ago
 Frank:  1 hr 42 mins ago
 MickJT:  2 hrs 21 mins ago
 A1200:  2 hrs 44 mins ago
 outlawal2:  3 hrs 19 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  ACK developer boards, we are near the one month late time period
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 Next Page )
PosterThread
ne_one 
Re: ACK developer boards, we are near the one month late time period
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 21:28:05
#121 ]
Cult Member

@clebin

Quote:
Want to see some irony? Go to the thread where people claim PowerPC is better for us than x86.

I was tempted to mention this but thanks for stepping into the line of fire first.

A big part of that discussion isn't pro-x86 or anti-PPC and it never has been. It's the fact that the operating system and the community has to rid itself of any dependencies on proprietary hardware -- and the companies associated with it.

The fact that there is even any debate about this situation tells us that it's time to ditch the hardware for good. It's a farce. Too many charlatans, too many headaches and all for what? To be different?

Profile     Report this post  
TiredofLife 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 22:01:07
#122 ]

FFB and ChrisH seem to be getting a lot of unwarranted flack.
Reading through this thread, neither have made a personal attack on Adam or supported others who have.
Adam has made a number of statements which haven't come to fruition.
All FFB has done is to offer Adam the chance to explain the reasons why and produce what he has achieved so far.
Be it photos, CAD designs or whatever.
I don't think that is a lot to ask.
As has been stated already, people are putting money away for one of his products.
If they are not going to appear, that money could have been spent elsewhere.
After the disapointments suffered so far, a token of good faith from Adam is not that much to ask for.

Last edited by TiredofLife on 17-Jun-2007 at 11:11 PM.

Zardoz 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 22:06:12
#123 ]
Team Member

@TiredofLife

Agreement++;

glittering 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 22:30:41
#124 ]

@TiredofLife

Quote:
FFB and ChrisH seem to be getting a lot of unwarranted flack.

Yes and its rather pathetic but what a great excuse though, I said something out of order towards Adam and it has given people the perfect excuse to attack anyone who is not jumping through hoops protecting and blind supporting Adam. Pretty soon though his fan base will eventually wake up and realise he is a hoaxer.

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 22:44:01
#125 ]
Team Member

@herewegoagain

Quote:

herewegoagain wrote:
@fairlanefastback

Quote:
I defend his family members who have done nothing to Adam.

Yet you neglect to say anything at all against the one who started with the insulting attack against Adam and his family member who has passed away. Instead, you prefer preach "morals" to Adam after having pretty much patted Glittering on the back in agreement with his disgusting comment.

Yet you neglect to say anything at all against the one who started with the insulting attacks directed at innocent parties. The two adults can verbally beat themselves over the head to each other so long as the moderators feel its within bounds. I merely mentioned I did not think attacking innocents was proper. And yet again I said I knew he it did it in anger, and yet again I said we are all susceptible to it. I asked him to reconsider his attack on people not party to what is going on. How thats not a fair thing to say, well I don't know.

I never patted Glittering on the back and the moderators have already corrected him, several of them and I said this was an unfortunate distracting tangent.

Beyond this, if you wish to examine the general situation itself further Glittering is a forum user. ACK is a company seeking to sell its whares. ACK is the one I might buy something from at some point. His behavior on this front in light of other behaviors are open to discussion as well in general, he is a public figure in the community by his own choice.

Quote:

BTW, having been part of the staff here for a number of years, I know full well the process of reporting moderation problems, and I sure as heck don't need you to tell me that.

Then stick to that process.

I mentioned it anyway, it seemed a fitting reminder IMHO.

Current staff seems to be showing a more even hand then you seem to indicate you would. I'm personally glad for that.

Last edited by fairlanefastback on 17-Jun-2007 at 10:46 PM.

Amiga 1200

gary_c 
Posted on 18-Jun-2007 4:13:43
#126 ]
Cult Member

@glittering

Quote:
Pretty soon though his fan base will eventually wake up and realise he is a hoaxer.

It's sad that after 7 pages we're still not any closer to knowing the truth about his projects, really. My comment way back up the thread is that I thought he was just disorganized to the point of dysfunction, not intentionally dishonest. And even though he was provoked to reply in this thread, he still didn't take the opportunity to clear up the situation, posting photographs or whatever it'd take. So I guess the answer is: he is either dysfunctional or a hoaxer. Anyway, when I "defend" somebody by saying "let's not jump to conclusions" and so on, I feel a lot better if the person does a little something to help their own cause by uploading a photo or providing some other documentation, etc. With no sign of that, I'm done on this topic.

-- gary_c

jtsiren 
Posted on 18-Jun-2007 5:46:37
#127 ]
Cult Member

@gary_c

Quote:
So I guess the answer is: he is either dysfunctional or a hoaxer.

Well, that, or he is hoping to produce something soon that he can use to say to everyone: "I told you so!" Even though producing something (anything...) this late in the game in no way excuses past behavior (why so many broken/unexplained announcements?), that wouldn't be unusual in this community. A twisted form of the "do not announce anything before you produce" stance people seem to grasp always too late in the Amiga world... ACK is staying silent for a reason about the facts that really matter, we can only speculate what that reason is. Obviously it is a specific choice, not because they don't have time to post here.

Having said that, I do hope they produce something tangible and valuable for the sake of all those people that have waited for their products. Even in that case a honest look/public explanation (and not trying to belittle it) at past mistakes made by ACK would clear the air and be a good marketing move IMHO.

Last edited by jtsiren on 18-Jun-2007 at 05:47 AM.

herewegoagain 
Posted on 18-Jun-2007 10:05:30
#128 ]
Elite Member

@fairlanefastback

Quote:

fairlanefastback wrote:
@herewegoagain

Then stick to that process.

I mentioned it anyway, it seemed a fitting reminder IMHO.

Current staff seems to be showing a more even hand then you seem to indicate you would. I'm personally glad for that.

And since when did you become staff here to tell people what to do? You seem to be trying to do that alot.

And you may be glad for that, but there are likely just as many who are not. The site ran just fine when I was on staff, thank you very much. So your little insults and diggs at me are wasted.

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 18-Jun-2007 14:19:56
#129 ]
Team Member

@herewegoagain

Quote:

herewegoagain wrote:
@fairlanefastback

And since when did you become staff here to tell people what to do? You seem to be trying to do that alot.

And you may be glad for that, but there are likely just as many who are not. The site ran just fine when I was on staff, thank you very much. So your little insults and diggs at me are wasted.

/OT
Never did, never will on the staff thing.

I never told ACK what to do, I gave my opinion.

You are the one questioning current staff's moderation out in the open, not me.

You are the one who came at me, I've merely answered you.

Last edited by fairlanefastback on 18-Jun-2007 at 02:22 PM.
Last edited by fairlanefastback on 18-Jun-2007 at 02:20 PM.

Amiga 1200

Plaz 
Posted on 18-Jun-2007 19:09:20
#130 ]

@fairlanefastback

Quote:
Yet you neglect to say anything at all against the one who started with the insulting attacks directed at innocent parties. The two adults can verbally beat themselves over the head to each other so long as the moderators feel its within bounds.

Perhaps because the inflammatory comment that actually started this round-about is still posted on the thread while the Second, and yes, more inflammatory reply has been removed. As you mention, I'm commenting on posts that are still in bounds. And if stating the obvious is any help at all (and I don’t' think it will be), I think BOTH comments we're uncalled for and retractions and apologies should follow. (Ya, that will happen).

Quote:
I never patted Glittering on the back and the moderators have already corrected him,

I never said you did, some one else did. As I said, I'm just posting my opinion about where I feel the line has been crossed from business to personal.

BTW I don't see any parties from Hyperion, Amiga Inc, Acube, the Friedens (did I miss any one?) posting in the threads while the court case is in play. Why should there be any different expectation from Ack? Weren’t we offered another 20 questions too? Where did that go? Off to court of course.

Plaz

Last edited by Plaz on 18-Jun-2007 at 07:24 PM.
Last edited by Plaz on 18-Jun-2007 at 07:10 PM.

jorkany 
Posted on 18-Jun-2007 19:36:15
#131 ]
Cult Member

@Plaz
Quote:
BTW I don't see any parties from Hyperion, Amiga Inc, Acube, the Friedens (did I miss any one?) posting in the threads while the court case is in play.
You haven't been reading enough, then! Actually the Friedens have been posting, both here and elsewhere.

Quote:
Why should there be any different expectation from Ack?

I was always under the impression that ACK was a company separate from AInc. Seems like ACK should be able to post about whatever ACK wants to post about. Yeah, ACK might have some agreement with AInc., but it's hard to imagine it muffles the stuff ACK was talking about years ago. But this isn't the first time ACK has been called out, so the lack of any evidence comes as no surprise.

Anonymous 
Posted on 18-Jun-2007 19:56:01
# ]

@Plaz

Quote:
BTW I don't see any parties from Hyperion, Amiga Inc, Acube, the Friedens (did I miss any one?) posting in the threads while the court case is in play. Why should there be any different expectation from Ack?

Amiga Inc posted the specs for these machines after the case was filed. Therefore I see no problem with ACK providing proof that any work has been done.

If Amiga use the ACK deal in court, then maybe the court will ask for some evidence of this, or any other work by ACK.

Chris

Last edited by clebin on 18-Jun-2007 at 07:57 PM.

Report this post  
ChrisH 
Posted on 18-Jun-2007 20:16:50
#133 ]
Elite Member

@jtsiren who said Quote:
Well, that, or he is hoping to produce something soon that he can use to say to everyone:

The thing is, he can't POSSIBLY hope to produce anything soon, if Amiga Inc are telling him to NOT send his (possibly real) developer boards to the people porting OS4 to it. The court case shows every sign of going on for a long time, unless both sides agree to arbitration.

I can't even imagine why AI would want to delay the porting of OS4, unless they aren't really interested in OS4 as a living product.

ChrisH 
Posted on 18-Jun-2007 20:21:32
#134 ]
Elite Member

In case anyone has forgotten about Hatschi's ACK timetable, here's a copy of it as it currently stands:Quote:
Powervixxen LT/TL

23-Dec-2004
http://www.amiga.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=4457
"Products are presently in prototype form running Linux and will be available in Q1 2005."

-->No products were available in Q1 2005

01-Dec-2005
http://www.amiga.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=6519

28-Dec-2005
http://os4.exec.pl/IRC/amigaos4pl_28122005
"[22:22:53] ackcontrols: The PowerVixxen LT has gone to production, docs are being polished up.
[22:46:02] ackcontrols: End of january give or take."

-->PV LT never went into production and wasn't released end of january.

18-May-2006
http://amigaworld.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=3097
"[01:46:56] AmigaBlitter: I rewrite the questions: When you plan to demo the board for the public?
[01:47:32] ackcontrols: AmigaBlitter: End of June."
[01:52:13] AmigaBlitter: availability? end of June?
[01:52:32] ackcontrols: July time frame for availability.
[01:55:09] ackcontrols: PowerVixxen LT
[02:02:56] jahc: when is the high end board going to come out?
[02:03:55] ackcontrols: Goal is to have several products available for AmiRevival show."

-->Board was never demo'ed end of june, wasn't available in july, not a single product was available when AmiRevival was supposed to be held (canceled)

11-Jun-2006
http://amigaworld.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=3144
"Barring any unforseen issues, I'm expecting to have the PV LT at the AmiRevival show."
"I've never done a DPaint mockup, but will release pictures by Tuesday."
"A fully licensed Tsi109 based board running OS4 will be at the AmiRevival show."

-->The PV LT or Adam didn't appear on AmiRevival
-->No pictures were released on tuesday
-->No fully licensed Tsi109 based board running OS4 was demonstrated when AmiRevival was supposed to be held (canceled)

CPU Modules

23-Apr-2006
http://amigaworld.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=3047
"Prototype modules will be demonstrated May 22/2006."
"Estimated Availability June 19/2006"

-->No prototypes were demonstrated May 22/2006
-->No modules were available on June 19/2006 (and are still not available)

22-May-2006
http://amigaworld.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=3104
"AmigaOne CPU Module Demonstration Rescheduled to Saturday, June 10th, 2006"

-->Demonstration on June 10th, 2006 was canceled

10-Jun-2006
http://amigaworld.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=3142
"CPU demo has been cancelled and will not be rescheduled at this time"

Amiga Inc. & ACK boards

03-May-2007
http://os4.exec.pl/IRC/IRC-amigaworld-ACK_org.txt
"Developer systems will be ready to ship to the select devs mid May'ish."

-->No developer systems were shipped in May

This is what ACK needs to answer for.

Plaz 
Posted on 18-Jun-2007 21:01:21
#135 ]

@jorkany

Quote:
You haven't been reading enough, then! Actually the Friedens have been posting, both here and elsewhere.

I just haven't happened into the right threads then. So, any interesting or insightful comments about court case/Ami/Hyp/OS4/Hardware in there any where? Any thread links would be appreciated.

Quote:
ACK might have some agreement with AInc., but it's hard to imagine it muffles the stuff ACK was talking about years ago. But this isn't the first time ACK has been called out, so the lack of any evidence comes as no surprise.

I don't know, maybe Amiga Inc ask him to keep quite until all the legals were done. And then maybe instead it just works out as a good excuse.

I agree with you, it would be nice to know what happened before. But for me I don't think it really matters too much. I see EVERYTHING in amigaland as vaporware until I can order (not pre-order) and receive merchandise.

It all does make you scratch your head. I have to think that Ack has some thing tangible to show for Amiga Inc. to announce a partnership. But then we have to go back to my first rule.... Everything is vaporware.

Plaz

Boot_WB 
Posted on 18-Jun-2007 21:02:43
#136 ]

@jorkany

Quote:

jorkany wrote:
Yeah, ACK might have some agreement with AInc.

I don't think anything has been signed. Ack has repeatedly avoided answering questions regarding a contract, any signatures, or any licensing of Amiga OS4 for the alleged hardware.

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 18-Jun-2007 21:08:36
#137 ]
Team Member

@Plaz

Quote:

Plaz wrote:
@fairlanefastback

Perhaps because the inflammatory comment that actually started this round-about is still posted on the thread while the Second, and yes, more inflammatory reply has been removed. As you mention, I'm commenting on posts that are still in bounds. And if stating the obvious is any help at all (and I don’t' think it will be), I think BOTH comments we're uncalled for and retractions and apologies should follow. (Ya, that will happen).

This is all up to the moderators. Again its not my business if its solely between them. Once ACK started wishing ill on innocent parties then I felt like interjecting an opinion, by my own choice because those people aren't here to defend themselves, nor should they have to either. Especially if you are someone who has gone through such pain, to wish the same on someone you never met, and never conversed with on any level. That was far worse in my view then two grown men having at each other. But again, anger can get the best of anyone at times, as I said before. I asked and still ask that ACK reconsider him wishing that on people he should have zero beef with.

Quote:
Fairlanefastback wrote: I never patted Glittering on the back and the moderators have already corrected him,

Quote:
Plaz wrote: I never said you did, some one else did. As I said, I'm just posting my opinion about where I feel the line has been crossed from business to personal.

I wrote that to herewegoagain, not you. hehe :)

Quote:

BTW I don't see any parties from Hyperion, Amiga Inc, Acube, the Friedens (did I miss any one?) posting in the threads while the court case is in play. Why should there be any different expectation from Ack? Weren’t we offered another 20 questions too? Where did that go? Off to court of course.

My response would be Amiga and Hyperion are parties to a legal action. The Friendens have given declarations in the same legal action, plus are afraid on what rights infringement for them may occur. ACK is not involved in the case at all. And again, and I will keep saying it because I think its a very important point, all but one of his announcements was after the lawsuit started, non were anything short of bold in their promises IMHO, including his IRC chat with the Mid May and to paraphrase something about "Amiga tells me not to worry so I don't worry" bit.

Last edited by fairlanefastback on 18-Jun-2007 at 09:09 PM.

Amiga 1200

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 18-Jun-2007 21:18:45
#138 ]
Team Member

@Plaz

Quote:
I don't know, maybe Amiga Inc ask him to keep quite until all the legals were done. And then maybe instead it just works out as a good excuse.

Well in a way this is him reaping what he sows I think, he makes bold announcements post lawsuit and now can't talk because of the same lawsuit?

I think thats not right, but putting that aside for a moment its been floated that if he shows us some proof of Powervixxen, which has nothing to do with anything current at least it will raise his credibility on the currently announced projects.

Amiga 1200

Plaz 
Posted on 18-Jun-2007 21:22:12
#139 ]

@clebin

Quote:
Amiga Inc posted the specs for these machines after the case was filed. Therefore I see no problem with ACK providing proof that any work has been done.

I get the feeling that was a legal move by Amiga Inc. more than "we actually have boards in the pipeline" announcement. (Pure speculation) I'm still calling it all vaporware until I'm proven wrong. Sticking with my theory, there is no proof to show. I'm more than willing to eat my words if Adam shows up running AmigaOS on something in the next month or two though.

Plaz

Plaz 
Posted on 18-Jun-2007 21:45:01
#140 ]

@fairlanefastback

Quote:
I wrote that to herewegoagain

Ah of course, it makes better sense now :)

Quote:
I asked and still ask that ACK reconsider him wishing that on people he should have zero beef with.

I join with you there, but also ask for a bit of balance in calling for reconsideration where Adam is suggested to be a sick individual for using his father's death.

Quote:
"Amiga tells me not to worry so I don't worry"

I don't think anyone else in the thread would feel comfortable with that given past history.

Plaz

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle