Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
21 crawler(s) on-line.
 128 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

AmigaMac

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 AmigaMac:  4 mins ago
 amigakit:  37 mins ago
 A1200:  1 hr 45 mins ago
 michalsc:  1 hr 50 mins ago
 OlafS25:  2 hrs 48 mins ago
 clint:  2 hrs 53 mins ago
 amigang:  4 hrs 3 mins ago
 Tpod:  4 hrs 44 mins ago
 pixie:  4 hrs 49 mins ago
 Birbo:  5 hrs 3 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  ACK developer boards, we are near the one month late time period
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 Next Page )
PosterThread
pixie 
Re: ACK developer boards, we are near the one month late time period
Posted on 26-Jun-2007 9:27:02
#301 ]
Elite Member

@NoelFuller

Quote:
Consent from the person who is the contributer of the information and who is most likely to suffer injury because of publication - it's a matter of courtesy and right relations rather than legality. Which comes first?

If this very same persons didn't had the trouble in the first place to seek a proper channel to do it, why you attribute others the responsibility to do it properly?

Profile     Report this post  
koan 
Posted on 26-Jun-2007 10:17:08
#302 ]

@jtsiren

Quote:
I don't think this is an iWin.

Of course, iWin had pictures of their offices, their GUI, their hardware schematics... a whole lot more evidence of their existence than Ack. Alas, it was all fake.

I've mentioned iWin a couple of times but I don't mean to bring things off track; I simply meant to say it's an example of how to deal with a hoax.

If this is a hoax then I have no idea what is to be gained from it. A reasonable quality photo of a PowerVixxen board with screen printed name would probably be sufficient for me to believe it's the real deal and that Ack is capable of producing something.

However, until that time, for all intents and purposes, it doesn't exist.

I can easily imagine that "the PV project" has morphed into the new Amiga hw; but why the lack of photographs, benchmarks, basic data ? Why the crazy excuses (ie. difficult to get hold of connectors, bug in A1200 interface) ? Why not say PV work stopped and new Amiga work started ?

I think it's natural for Amigans to be sceptical after all the waiting and disappointment. If Amiga developers are suprised by that then they don't know much about our community.

Heinz wrote -
Quote:
You need to earn money with it. You put it to the market as fast as possible. At least you can sell it with Linux.

Exactly, I find it very difficult to believe that Ack did a production run of PV, found some problem and has been beavering away at a fix while they are in boxes ready to ship OR that he fixed whatever problem and is simply waiting for an OS4 licence.

They gave Linux away with the A1. If a HAL had been written for PV so it can be used with OS4 then it shouldn't be too hard to get Linux working with it.

sundown 
Posted on 26-Jun-2007 10:18:46
#303 ]
Elite Member

@jtsiren

Quote:
Do you really think that everyone/majority would think of the images as fake? I don't see any history in this community of doubting pictures. I see a lot of history of analyzing pictures, but not any major paranoia as to whether or not images are real. Sure, we have a nutcase or two, but who cares about those - it's the majority that matters.

They would be over analyzed. One nutcase will undo the good work of 100 others, thats life. Sure Adam hasn't produced anything & nobody here knows the full story. Claiming mental anguish is a poor excuse for bad manners. Your last sentence may seem right to you, but you're on the giving end, try living on the receiving end day after day.

Quote:
If you wonder why we are so adamant, I have to wonder why you guys who don't see this are so adamant that we not ask for these things.

Not true, we all want to know the full story. Could it be that the communications style here just sucks?

Turrican3 
Posted on 26-Jun-2007 10:31:38
#304 ]

Lots of announcements, zero products actually available.

And we're still talking about it...

Well, my opinion is quite simple: ACK software controls seems to me an unreliable company***, it's really as simple as that.

I find it completely natural for people to starting ignoring companies which do not deliver what they promise to do.

If and when ACK-SC will be able to bring a product to the market I will be more than happy to evaluate it, but until then I will definitely be looking for other manufacturers to supply new AmigaOS4-capable HW to the community.

*** I understand ACK is a one-man-company, but it makes no difference to me considering what we're talking about.

sundown 
Posted on 26-Jun-2007 10:32:02
#305 ]
Elite Member

@jtsiren

Quote:
It almost sounds like you are saying us discussing ACK's delays and non-deliveries is worse than ACK failing to deliver time and time again while continuing to market to us these products that keep getting delayed? Why allow one and not the other?

Not at all, I'm not pro ack, I'm anti bad manners & pro good manners, communications wise.

(Dr. Phil mode on) so hows your current method of communications working for you? (Dr. Phil mode off)

Cool_amigaN 
Posted on 26-Jun-2007 10:53:49
#306 ]

I have a different idea.

Since the first month of summer is nearly over and we have two months left for the low end computers to reach the market, why not ask for further info/update from Amiga Inc.?

Simple as that!

Nothing more to be asked.

Inform us about the prodcuction status (on schedule and rockin, perhaps delays, etc) and to show a photo.

Nothing more.

Let’s see if ACK isn’t the one commenting the questions or the silence comes directly from Amiga Inc.!

Because I believe the latter.

I think we could make a poll, organise with other amiga forums (a.org, amigans.net) and ask them two to three questions focused exclusively on hardware.

sundown 
Posted on 26-Jun-2007 11:02:32
#307 ]
Elite Member

@Heinz

Quote:
3. If you want to sell a product, you do some Marketing. (This here wasnt marketing, it was the opposite)

ACK may be a company, but I would guess he's not making much money, if any. House payments & supporting a family eats up a lot of money & I'm guessing his h/w development costs are out-of-pocket, marketing would cost even more.

If AI is serious about supporting ack's h/w, I would hope that they cover the production costs. Could be the break Adam needs to actually produce something to sell. Adam won't post any pictures, but I would expect AI to cover marketing.

jtsiren 
Posted on 26-Jun-2007 11:17:22
#308 ]
Cult Member

@sundown

Quote:
Not at all, I'm not pro ack, I'm anti bad manners & pro good manners, communications wise.

Good. I am now awaiting for you to comment ACK's bad manners in not communicating to us well.

Quote:
(Dr. Phil mode on) so hows your current method of communications working for you? (Dr. Phil mode off)

Ah, the good old Doctor. Gotta love the guy, hits the nail on the head so many times. I think my current method of communication is working relatively well in the sense that communication ensues (instead of silence) and that some understanding is being generated. I have learned some things from this thread (it has prompted people to e.g. generate timelines which has been helpful) and the response as a whole has been reasonable. Have I succeeded in doing anything regards to ACK? Probably not, although it would be great for Adam to surprise me (and us all?) by taking the time to post about his status with perhaps a photo or two.

As for the Dr. Phil angle. Were this a marriage, I probably would be better off shutting up. There certainly is a small amount of right-fighting going on around here too (hey, myself included as much as the next guy). But as an online forum I find that relatively appropriate.

jtsiren 
Posted on 26-Jun-2007 11:27:37
#309 ]
Cult Member

@sundown

Quote:
They would be over analyzed. One nutcase will undo the good work of 100 others, thats life.

It doesn't have to be. ACK could choose to ignore those who are best left ignored, he could rise above it. You were saying about Dr. Phil...

Quote:
Sure Adam hasn't produced anything & nobody here knows the full story.

ACK could choose to rise above the few nutcases especially because their own history is abit, shall we say, assorted.

Quote:
Claiming mental anguish is a poor excuse for bad manners.

Same goes for ACK.

I am not trying to make excuses for any people with bad manners. I try to behave with civility and let my arguments speak for themselves. I am definitely OK if ACK wants to ignore the nutcases, but I don't think that releases them from the general responsibilities they have (be they moral responsibilities, good manners or otherwise).

Quote:
Your last sentence may seem right to you, but you're on the giving end, try living on the receiving end day after day.

ACK chose his/their public role themselves. They started to and have continued to market here. The expectation that they would not be held accountable for their announcements sounds unreasonable to me. The only reason why I would think this is really, really uncomfortable for ACK is if they are not being completely on the up-and-up about things. Uncomfortable questions are certainly unwelcome if the receiving party would rather avoid the issues in question.

Quote:
Not true, we all want to know the full story. Could it be that the communications style here just sucks?

ACK's communication style definitely does warrant change.

Last edited by jtsiren on 26-Jun-2007 at 11:30 AM.

jtsiren 
Posted on 26-Jun-2007 11:39:36
#310 ]
Cult Member

@koan

Quote:
If this is a hoax then I have no idea what is to be gained from it.

This is one reason why I don't think it is a hoax - the timespan is simply too long. iWin did not go on for years, someone would really have to be into their hoax to go on for, what, three years. I don't think ACK is a hoax.

Quote:
I can easily imagine that "the PV project" has morphed into the new Amiga hw; but why the lack of photographs, benchmarks, basic data ? Why the crazy excuses (ie. difficult to get hold of connectors, bug in A1200 interface) ? Why not say PV work stopped and new Amiga work started ?

Well, why no explanations and data is certainly a good question. Why cancelled demonstrations and no follow-up are certainly good questions too. I guess that point has been made enough times, so I'll leave it to ACK to respond or not.

As for the excuses we know of, I guess they were true at the time to some extent. I do think they have been used to excuse much more than they really excuse (like the court case, family issues or OS4 license have been extended in online commentary to excuse all sorts of things they couldn't possibly explain), but I do think there was a time Adam had problem acquiring the connectors and that he probably has had a fair share of bugs in his products that have delayed him.

These don't explain all the discrepancies in his communications (and he sure as heck has been way too optimistic for way too many times - he should have known better), but I don't think the explanations themselves are fake. Things like PowerVixxen "is in production" may have been an incorrect statement though and again, some explanations have been used and taken to explain more things that they really possibly can. Clearly we don't know everything that went down, so we are left wondering what is really going on at ACK and how complete the products (if any) have been.

Last edited by jtsiren on 26-Jun-2007 at 11:40 AM.

NoelFuller 
Posted on 26-Jun-2007 11:42:37
#311 ]
Cult Member

@fairlanefastback

Quote:
You leave yourself in an ambigous state with the "make of what follows what you will".

Ah what a state I'm in, ambiguous indeed.LOL Not quite the word. No those comments were not directed at anyone but were directed toward a way of conducting relations that, while commented by sages for a great length of time are rarely considered. I've found them useful but people take out of them according to their own understanding and what they do and thus learn is best left to them. I've mentioned a little of what I've gained,

Most people have trouble with this word "criticism". What about constructive criticism? we ask. The trouble is that most criticism represents a fault finding attitude that automatically puts people on the receiving end on the defensive, sometimes to the point where they literally do not, or will not hear or see. I have found on most committees I've been on, but not all, at least one person with an essentially critical attitude to everyone. They really do impede the conduct of the group. But those people aside, criticism is characteristic of most of us. We are hurt most by those closest to us, we hurt most those closest to us. People die of criticism, though I doubt that is ever entered on a death certificate. An atmosphere of criticism, however righteous, strips people of the will to participate, create, cooperate. How to get round this?

I'm sure you will recognise some of the stratagems to avoid the destructive features of critical behaviour: companies, governments, anyone putting out a plan, invites feedback, constructive comment, holds hearings etc. Adam has always invited feedback on plans and has modified them accordingly. He has also been served from way back on IRC with the better put arguments in this thread. Initially he was swayed but the attacks over his father on AmigaWorld put finis to that. At least on IRC there remain people with whom he can talk, who know good ways to ask questions, pose issues and make jokes.

You distinguish between Adam the man and AckControls, the company. It's an interesting issue, the question of a human face, a human heart. Do companies, cooporations, institutions, governments subordinate their selfish-interest to the well being of humanity, the biosphere whatever? Do we serve? Does a duty of care overrule the maximisation of profits? There are those who claim that organisations are always selfish, coorporations are cruel, psychotic. Companies and governments regard their survival and well being as having precedence over human rights, human decency, everything and everybody in the cooporate righteousness masking the love of money, and power. You may even have heard of an exemplary instance here in Auckland recently when a power company, through one of its contractors, turned off the power supply to a household owing $200, despite desperate appeals from the family. The mother was on an oxygen machine and died. The contractor and many others were devastated.

So it is worthwhile to recall we are dealing with people whatever their cooporate masks.

Quote:
(Leaders who do not keep people informed, for fear of criticism, soon find themselves isolated and unable to develop their activities.)

When you wrote this part I wonder if you realized you used the word criticism, given what you stated about criticism earlier.

Criticism is inevitable. There are always those who huddle behind closed doors for fear of it, but fear is a wicked master.

AckControls hardware projects keep on morphing. technology keeps leapfrogging development. Development that takes too long gets overtaken by others. Enticing prospects keep appearing on the horizon. Now the PV has morphed into the low-end product recently announced but could the ACube board be more interesting? The PVTL has morphed into the PASemi project and that is interesting.

Now I will make a prediction. We prophets are very foolish people who just set ourselves up to be discredited by events. I will predict that AckControls will not respond to demands for proof of past claims until there is a product that really will get to market and maybe not even then. At present there is no way any product will get to market with OS4 running on it, whatever the state of development, so expect nothing.

Of course I shall not mind a bit if I'm wrong:)

Noel

kriz 
Posted on 26-Jun-2007 12:08:03
#312 ]

Well I just have to post my 50. cents also. With Ack talking so much (before) and now so little, I am not taking him serious at all!!

I wonder how he can possibly make some hardware, with all this talk it gets very stupid.

And people here say "He doesnt owe us anything" - > Well ofcourse he doesnt owe anything, but a promise is a promise. And he have made alot wild promises (for example the manuals being made for PV and more..). Talk for years like this, its like to cry wolf, and in the end nobody will belive you..

If you have followed Amiga since the Commodore days, you get very tired of this talk Ack is making. A lot of talk, no action. And he have so many chances to correct his mistakes.

So sorry, I dont believe him :)

Boot_WB 
Posted on 26-Jun-2007 12:35:47
#313 ]

@NoelFuller

Quote:

NoelFuller wrote:
@fairlanefastback

Quote:
You leave yourself in an ambigous state with the "make of what follows what you will".

Ah what a state I'm in, ambiguous indeed.LOL Not quite the word. No those comments were not directed at anyone but were directed toward a way of conducting relations that, while commented by sages for a great length of time are rarely considered. I've found them useful but people take out of them according to their own understanding and what they do and thus learn is best left to them. I've mentioned a little of what I've gained,

Most people have trouble with this word "criticism". What about constructive criticism? we ask. The trouble is that most criticism represents a fault finding attitude that automatically puts people on the receiving end on the defensive, sometimes to the point where they literally do not, or will not hear or see. I have found on most committees I've been on, but not all, at least one person with an essentially critical attitude to everyone. They really do impede the conduct of the group. But those people aside, criticism is characteristic of most of us. We are hurt most by those closest to us, we hurt most those closest to us. People die of criticism, though I doubt that is ever entered on a death certificate. An atmosphere of criticism, however righteous, strips people of the will to participate, create, cooperate. How to get round this?

I'm sure you will recognise some of the stratagems to avoid the destructive features of critical behaviour: companies, governments, anyone putting out a plan, invites feedback, constructive comment, holds hearings etc. Adam has always invited feedback on plans and has modified them accordingly. He has also been served from way back on IRC with the better put arguments in this thread. Initially he was swayed but the attacks over his father on AmigaWorld put finis to that. At least on IRC there remain people with whom he can talk, who know good ways to ask questions, pose issues and make jokes.

You distinguish between Adam the man and AckControls, the company. It's an interesting issue, the question of a human face, a human heart. Do companies, cooporations, institutions, governments subordinate their selfish-interest to the well being of humanity, the biosphere whatever? Do we serve? Does a duty of care overrule the maximisation of profits? There are those who claim that organisations are always selfish, coorporations are cruel, psychotic. Companies and governments regard their survival and well being as having precedence over human rights, human decency, everything and everybody in the cooporate righteousness masking the love of money, and power. You may even have heard of an exemplary instance here in Auckland recently when a power company, through one of its contractors, turned off the power supply to a household owing $200, despite desperate appeals from the family. The mother was on an oxygen machine and died. The contractor and many others were devastated.

So it is worthwhile to recall we are dealing with people whatever their cooporate masks.

Quote:
(Leaders who do not keep people informed, for fear of criticism, soon find themselves isolated and unable to develop their activities.)

When you wrote this part I wonder if you realized you used the word criticism, given what you stated about criticism earlier.

Criticism is inevitable. There are always those who huddle behind closed doors for fear of it, but fear is a wicked master.

Sophistry. And totally irrelevant to the facts being discussed. Better discussed in person over beer, not in a serial-posting forum.

Quote:
AckControls hardware projects keep on morphing. technology keeps leapfrogging development. Development that takes too long gets overtaken by others. Enticing prospects keep appearing on the horizon.

The very nature of modern technology. But Ack is hardly on the cutting edge. This is why development times from concept to market are kept short. Constantly changing the goalposts in the way you suggest would lead to no product ever being released by anybody.

Quote:
Now the PV has morphed into the low-end product recently announced but could the ACube board be more interesting? The PVTL has morphed into the PASemi project and that is interesting.

The PVTL has morphed into nothing at all. The new products are abstractions from reference designs released by PA semi. Any previous work done by Ack on the PV would be totally irrelevant to these designs.

NoelFuller 
Posted on 26-Jun-2007 13:08:17
#314 ]
Cult Member

@Boot_WB

I can claim now to have been quoted at length :)

Quote:
Sophistry. And totally irrelevant to the facts being discussed. Better discussed in person over beer, not in a serial-posting forum.

In my experience of serious and practical import, relevant to constructive human behaviour, not circuit boards. I would not know what I meant with a beer in my brain.

Quote:
Constantly changing the goalposts in the way you suggest would lead to no product ever being released by anybody.

Exactly

Quote:
The PVTL has morphed into nothing at all. The new products are abstractions from reference designs released by PA semi. Any previous work done by Ack on the PV would be totally irrelevant to these designs.

Of course, but the idea of what is being done can morph too. There is a continuity.

Noel

jtsiren 
Posted on 26-Jun-2007 13:32:49
#315 ]
Cult Member

@NoelFuller

Quote:
Most people have trouble with this word "criticism". What about constructive criticism? we ask. The trouble is that most criticism represents a fault finding attitude that automatically puts people on the receiving end on the defensive, sometimes to the point where they literally do not, or will not hear or see.

That is certainly true, people tend to get on the defensive and have a hard time owning their actions or inactions. We are all guilty of this from time to time, I assume. To avoid criticism, we can try to play games and tiptoe around issues, make people feel good about the things we want to change and perhaps convince them secretly that the changes we want to implement in them (i.e. the criticism) are their own ideas. Or use some other similar strategies.

We've all had that difficult colleague at work or somewhere where normal rules of discussion don't apply, instead we must try a different approach to get results with them - usually these are somewhat difficult people to work with. Maybe ACK is one of these people for all I know, or at least the fog of Internet in the middle is distorting the message enough for this to apply. I certainly acknowledge this possibility, however off-topic it may be, and much of your philosophical writing on the topic is of course very valid.

I find that you are likely a very polite and thoughtful person, and I applaud that.

However, I think you may be a bit misguided in this instance. Certainly there is behavior in this world we can not tolerate, action or inaction that we can not tiptoe around. That is taking the example to extremes. Obviously what ACK is doing (or not doing) is not severe in the grand scheme of things (of the world), we could try to reason with him without resorting to criticism without anyone getting seriously hurt, but I don't know how successful we'd be at that either. The history with ACK as well as with other difficult companies in the Amiga community has shown that the patience and fellowship offered by the community has rarely been rewarded.

So we're left with two options that I can see (somewhat polarizing here): either we pursue criticism to provoke change (or at least provoke sharing of information and knowledge among the community) and hold ACK responsible, or we try another approach where we don't critique them but instead hope our subtlety (or intentional silence) will result in better circumstances than washing the laundry in the open. I seem to favor the former, you seem to favor the latter.

My choice for choosing the former (at least as far as this discussion thread goes, I'm not about make a mission out of this) stems from the fact that even if ACK won't change their behavior, at least we'll hold them responsible and share information within the community. As long as we remain true to what the realities of the situation are, I'm comfortable with this and believe this to be superior to the choice of sweeping uncomfortable things under the carpet.

You seem to believe another approach will yield better results - perhaps you can enlighten us as to what those results you think will be?

Last edited by jtsiren on 26-Jun-2007 at 01:41 PM.
Last edited by jtsiren on 26-Jun-2007 at 01:34 PM.

Boot_WB 
Posted on 26-Jun-2007 14:07:40
#316 ]

@NoelFuller

Quote:

NoelFuller wrote:
@Boot_WB
In my experience of serious and practical import, relevant to constructive human behaviour, not circuit boards. I would not know what I meant with a beer in my brain.

A fair comment, and I should have seperated you comments on the nature of criticism from the final paragraph questioning the nature of dealing with Ack in a business sense as opposed to a personal sense.

I agree there are those for whom criticism is a defensive reaction to save having to interact with the messy reality. Indeed, I think everyone (myself included) has at some point BEEN this person. It is a very human reaction. However, there are also - as you have recognised - legitimate criticisms within this thread.
Perhaps Adam (with his ACK hat on) needs to recognise that the trust granted by the community in ACK's projects has been lost - and that this is entirely a result of poor communication. I'm not talking about "rewording" announcements. This is communication from cradle to grave.
(Take the CPU module demonstration as a good example. Why does it have to take until the same day to announce that this will not go ahead? If hardware bugs prevented it on that day, then these bugs were present days, weeks before.)

With this recognition could come some further insight that this is not a permanent state of affairs - the situation is salvageable. Bring us on board! Keep us informed! We understand that development is an arduous process - with ups and downs, and setbacks.
How to go about this? Interaction IS likely to be a problem initially, so let's find a way of keeping people informed which does not involve interaction.
Announcements in the forums are no good - they invite comment, and are over-dramatic for day-to-day updates. So how about a blog?
Yes, there will be criticism to start with. Yes, some people will never be convinced. But there would be a powerful majority who could argue against the critical minority with informed arguement. Currently the best argument against criticism is "well, we don't REALLY know anything, so can we give the benefit of the doubt?" In the past we COULD give the benefit of the doubt, but I believe this time has passed.

IRC is - how can i put this - NO GOOD FOR COMMUNICATING WITH YOUR CUSTOMERS!
What - if you design a new car are you going to go knocking on doors to sell it? Of course not.
IRC is transient, yes, this may be a good was of socially interacting (I don't know, I'm not into it - never 'got' IRC), but it is not an appropriate medium for business communication.

Perhaps if ACK was to post IRC transcripts up to this theoretical blog, that would change - at least people could stay informed.

WRT your fourth paragraph:

The distinction between personal and business relations is quite distinct, and fairly fundamental to civil society.
For example: If I, as the only greengrocer in my village, do not get on with you I may choose not to talk to you. However, if I refuse to sell my goods to you I am committing an act of social violence, and breaking the implicit covenant of the society based on trade/barter.
Conversely I am not attacking Adam as a person - let alone questioning his reaction to bereavement (which sane person would?). That is why I have tried to distinguish between the two entities - Adam as a person (whom I know little about) and Ack Controls Inc (which I have some experience of).

Quote:
Of course, but the idea of what is being done can morph too. There is a continuity.

Continuity for the designer perhaps. Abandoning all previous work, rethinking, and restarting from scratch is sometimes a necessary step, and a brave thing to do. In stepping back and taking a different tack insurmountable obstacles are sometimes avoided.
However, this suggests that the previous work had never made it out of the concept development into detail design, let alone anywhere near production.
Restarting is a painful step to take no matter what stage in the design, especially in terms of timescales. The further on in design, the more painful this step becomes. The earlier on in the design process, the more inappropriate it would have been to announce the forthcoming hardware.

Maintaining continuity for the customer base requires communication.

EDIT: reformatting

Last edited by Boot_WB on 26-Jun-2007 at 02:08 PM.

NoelFuller 
Posted on 26-Jun-2007 14:46:32
#317 ]
Cult Member

@jtsiren @Boot_WB

Interested to read your comments. I'm shivering and waiting for the postponed Americas Cup 3rd race to start. Its One all. Team New Zealand versus a team of New Zealanders leading the Swiss defender Alinghy having vanquished all the other teams with New Zealanders aboard. What a lot of useless hardware!
Back to bed. Bye for a while.

Noel

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 26-Jun-2007 15:26:59
#318 ]
Team Member

@sundown

Quote:
Guess you're new here as that was the way it use to be here at one time. You & the others that claim criticism is healthy need to think again. We had the os4 developers & h/w developers that took the time to answer questions, but over time, criticism & personal attacks did its damage. There were only a small handful of ppl that were out of line, it was enough to drive them out.

It can be healthy, sometimes its constructive and warranted and others not.

You are comparing people taking the time to answer questions, people who produced tangible products that people use today with someone who has produced no products of which I am aware and is not answering questions. Is ACK a legitimate vendor? Is your comparison valid in anyway? This has yet to be seen.

Quote:
Your demands that ppl live under a microscope for your support is way over the top.

I'm not asking Adam to live under a microscope, I'm asking ACK Software Controls to show us the Powervixxen running Linux (or perhaps show us the PowerVixxen manual etc). He shows us that then we know his company is legitimately trying to work on Amiga related products. If you say "oh no don't ACK Glittering will attack again". Well if you can't deal with people from the public, maybe you shouldn't be trying to sell to the public, thats part of running a business. But for those of us looking to buy his product his issues with Gliterring should not be my problem.

Oh and BTW why are you criticising my thought processes here with:

Quote:
Your demands that ppl live under a microscope for your support is way over the top.
They're coming to take me away, HA HA
They're coming to take me away, HO HO HEE HEE HA HA
To the funny farm
Where life is beautiful all the time

I thought you didn't believe in its usage in any way. Hmmmmm.

Amiga 1200

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 26-Jun-2007 15:51:15
#319 ]
Team Member

@sundown

Quote:

sundown wrote:
@jtsiren

Quote:
Do you really think that everyone/majority would think of the images as fake? I don't see any history in this community of doubting pictures. I see a lot of history of analyzing pictures, but not any major paranoia as to whether or not images are real. Sure, we have a nutcase or two, but who cares about those - it's the majority that matters.

They would be over analyzed. One nutcase will undo the good work of 100 others, thats life. Sure Adam hasn't produced anything & nobody here knows the full story. Claiming mental anguish is a poor excuse for bad manners. Your last sentence may seem right to you, but you're on the giving end, try living on the receiving end day after day.

Quote:
If you wonder why we are so adamant, I have to wonder why you guys who don't see this are so adamant that we not ask for these things.

Why do you attribute a trait of almost no resiliency to humans and to Adam in particular? If anything if he is to be believed he has a great amount of resiliency to keep coming back to working on Amiga related projects and to make fresh announcements through his company. ACK approachs us, it seeks to engage us. It is the one making announcements. If ACK dosen't want us to in turn engage it with questions and conversation in regard to those announcements then its best course of action is to not make any in the first place.

Your anticipatory attitude to never act for fear of the actions of others who are "nutcases" I find baffling. I can't see how, given the long history of the company's announcements its "bad manners" to ask for some sort of proof at this juncture.

Last edited by fairlanefastback on 26-Jun-2007 at 03:57 PM.

Amiga 1200

NoelFuller 
Posted on 26-Jun-2007 17:55:58
#320 ]
Cult Member

Team NZ 2, Alinghy 1 Yahooooo
What am I saying? I'm for everyone. Need some sleep.

Noel

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle