Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
12 crawler(s) on-line.
 129 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Hammer:  8 mins ago
 kolla:  8 mins ago
 amigakit:  49 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  53 mins ago
 pixie:  1 hr ago
 Rob:  1 hr 23 mins ago
 matthey:  1 hr 27 mins ago
 corb0:  1 hr 52 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 53 mins ago
 RobertB:  3 hrs 27 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  ACK developer boards, we are near the one month late time period
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 Next Page )
PosterThread
fairlanefastback 
Re: ACK developer boards, we are near the one month late time period
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 8:38:17
#81 ]
Team Member

@sundown

Quote:
There are some ugly ppl in these forums that think someone else owes them what they want.

Its funny you would put it that way. Its ACK that advertised through multiple press releases and over IRC. Its not a matter of feeling owed for something someone wants, its a question of questioning promises, unsoliticied promises, which is a far cry different.

Amiga 1200

Profile     Report this post  
fairlanefastback 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 8:47:32
#82 ]
Team Member

@Wizzard_o

Quote:
@Pisser and Moaners

Should I change @Wizzard_o to @Unecessary_Apologist? Why be rude?

Quote:
LETS SEE YOU DO BETTER!
Go on, YOU dip into your pockets and fund a PCB development on your own!

There is that damn twisted psychology again. If an auto repair shop promised 30 minute complete engine rebuilds and never was able to produce them, and people then questioned it, you wouldn't tell me to open my own auto repair shop or shut up. I'm not claiming to be an auto shop. Nor did I ask them to claim they could do an engine rebuild in 30 minutes. People inquiring on the validity of claims by ACK are waiting potential paying consumers. This is a company. If he dosen't want simple fair questions, especially given history he should not be in this business.

Amiga 1200

Kicko 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 9:58:27
#83 ]
Elite Member

When he releases new hardware he will say. "what did i say", "i promised new hardware, now we have new hardware".
But all the previous promises will just be erased from their mind. I can only say its not very profesional way.

ChrisH 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 10:15:27
#84 ]
Elite Member

@AMiGR who said Quote:
There is irrefutable proof that he lied. He claimed something was in production and would go on sale while certain parts of it did not even exist at the time (the A1200 connectors). That was over a year and a half ago.

That one is certainly very difficult to explain any other way (although it is possible...), but it doesn't mean everything else he said is lies (although I do think it is very likely). I would want proof that several other things he claims were lies, before "convicting" him as a complete fraud.

But it does seem typical ACK behaviour that when being 'forced' to answer his critics, he focuses on his emotional stuff (that allow him to get upset & thus have a reason to leave), rather than take the easy way out & provide some proof...

Last edited by ChrisH on 17-Jun-2007 at 10:46 AM.

ChrisH 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 10:45:44
#85 ]
Elite Member

The nicest explanation I can imagine for ACK is that: He is not as technically competent as he imagines/wishes, so his projects are real but take (a lot) longer than he expected. Plus he has poor time management & organisation, yet tries to do too many projects at once, and so things slip or are even forgotten. And he lacks funding, so he is not able to keep all his promises about repairs & buying parts for his projects.

But if that is true, then despite his "good intentions", he would still be a fraud anyway, because he is misleading people & promising things that he (should) know that he can't deliver.

ACK & friends can label critics like me as "evil" if they wish, but the truth is that no-one forced ACK to make promises (that he repeatedly failed to deliver on). No-one forced him to withhold all possible photographic evidence of his projects. No-one forced him to fail to turn up to Amiga shows where he was to demonstrate his projects. No-one forced him to act exactly like a liar.

If ACK made honest mistakes, then he should explain & apologies for them, not try to ignore them or cover them up. If ACK is really making progress on his projects, then surely he could tell us the status of them, rather than making more futile predictions.

Androxyn 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 11:30:37
#86 ]

@ChrisH

So in short, the reason for this witchhunt by people like you and Fairlanefastback , is that you are afraid to be disappointed? What are you, a bunch of 3-year old girls? If ACK fails to deliever, without justyfiable cause, it will only cause damage to himself, no-one else. I think we can be pretty sure that whoever ends up owning OS4 will make sure there is hardware available for it. So please just give it a rest.

Some of the comments in this thread are so over the top, considering we are talking about the (apparent) delay of 5 developer boards, that I sometimes find it hard to believe what I read.

jtsiren 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 11:38:05
#87 ]
Cult Member

@Androxyn

Quote:
Some of the comments in this thread are so over the top, considering we are talking about the (apparent) delay of 5 developer boards, that I sometimes find it hard to believe what I read.

While some comments of more personal nature were out of line for sure, I don't think this is just about 5 developer boards. This is about a pattern - ACK has been promising and announcing things (also claiming things are already in production etc.) for years now and always? failed to deliver anything. I can see why people are starting to ask legitimate questions.

I guess I'm personally with gary_c mostly on this one, without proof to the contrary I'm willing to believe ACK means no foul and just are incapable of sticking to their self-imposed and self-announced deadlines. However, it does make me wonder why they don't produce the very easy photographic evidence if indeed the stuff they say exists does exist. It makes you wonder!

Maybe one day they will produce something. Until then the pattern is there and I can see why people would justifiably start holding ACK accountable for it in public discourse. After all, it has been ACK themselves that have made all these announcements and promises and - one could argue - stringed along potential customers that might otherwise have bought elsewhere.

Last edited by jtsiren on 17-Jun-2007 at 11:38 AM.

glittering 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 12:21:44
#88 ]

@Moxee

First of all, sorry to hear about you father. I will hold my hands up and admit my comments was over the top but i still say business and personal should remain separate, FFB has summed it up perfectly.

Quote:
But there has been a soap opera for so many years now in "Amigaland" that it seems many people have forgotten the basic tenants of the customer - company relationship. I don't know when someone at Acube is having a personal crisis, nor should I typically Just like I don't know that about anyone at any number of other businesses I would deal with in the normal course of my life on average from day to day.

So Ack, show up proof that items you have been announcing for years actually exist.

Tomas 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 12:27:11
#89 ]
Elite Member

@Canfod

Quote:

Canfod wrote:
@thread

Think what you will about Adam's lack of product, and/or proof of product over that last several months, but just keep in mind(ESPECIALLY for those that haven't experienced it) that when someone you're close to is sick for an extended period of time, and then dies, everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, comes in 2nd place on your priority list. Even after the person in question has died, it can take a LONG time to really give a $hit about much of anything, so even if you don't like Adam's timetable for product release, and for that matter, even if Adam NEVER releases any product, cut the man some slack about his personal life!!!

So the product just go poof then, even though it had already gone into production? There was promises later to demo this said product which was cancelled for no apparent reason and then sometime later he promised to show us pictures of the board, but again absolutely nothing showed. Now we are a year or so later and he still has absolutely nothing to show and have broken yet another deadline.

Tomas 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 12:30:54
#90 ]
Elite Member

@Swoop

Quote:
The lack of licensed hardware is not Adams fault, it is the on going legal action.

He said multiple times that his products had gone into production, so i dunno why it would be so hard to at least show a photograph of it whether it has a license or not. Even troika managed to show us a picture.

Tomas 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 12:34:14
#91 ]
Elite Member

@Wizzard_o
Uh? what the heck has this to do with producing boards?? No one would bash him if he did no make promises all the time. The fact is that he lied to us all, about hardware being sent to production and ready to be demoed. When this happens time after time, you will for sure have alot of people who moan.

Frags 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 12:58:51
#92 ]
Cult Member

@ChrisH

Don`t waste your time - anyone who can`t see this for themselves by now will not be convinced.

- insert profound text here -

Zardoz 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 13:23:40
#93 ]
Team Member

@ChrisH

Quote:
That one is certainly very difficult to explain any other way (although it is possible...), but it doesn't mean everything else he said is lies (although I do think it is very likely). I would want proof that several other things he claims were lies, before "convicting" him as a complete fraud.

I'm not convicting him as a fraud, nor am I here to judge why he lied, it could be for the best of reasons, from the kindest depths of the human heart. It doesn't change the fact that he did. Basically, the only thing that will fix this is hardware on the shelf. Nothing else.

Oh, and to everyone who said stuff about his father, ffs guys, I do not think that anyone would fall to the level of LYING about such stuff, that was WAY out of line!

pixie 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 15:37:39
#94 ]
Elite Member

@ssolie

Quote:
Bill McEwen's daughter died and some of our community toyed with necrophilia. Death threats have been received by many developers--I have been threatened myself. There is no limit with a bunch of anonymous virtual personalities. Enjoy.

People die, get over it...

pixie 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 15:47:03
#95 ]
Elite Member

@tonyw

Quote:
It DOES hit you hard, no matter how "prepared" you are. Teenagers generally haven't experienced the death of a close relative, and learning to deal with it is part of learning maturity.

It has nothing to do with maturity, nor the level of attachment is in any way a sign of a better way of dealing with the situation.. it has more to do with the way you see death. I've been on the two sides of the fence, having had experienced the grief of my owns loss. It's your own grief and as such it's not measurable, and you can make it better or worst, it's up to you...

herewegoagain 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 15:53:00
#96 ]
Elite Member

@Tomas

Quote:

Tomas wrote:
Maybe it is about time we ban this guy from both the forums and the chat?
At least then we wont have to be feed anymore lies...

Maybe while we're at it, we can ban Hyperion and the Freidens too. They have been lying to us for years telling us that OS4 was not "done", and now we find out it's been done since 2004 and that they actually owned it completely since that time. Why have they LIED to us all this time and not delivered it to all of the users out here that want it. BAN THEM ALL NOW!

Kicko 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 16:01:49
#97 ]
Elite Member

@herewegoagain

Yes but still we have it on our A1 computers installed and they have been working on it, still updateing. We have both been seeing and feeling. For the ACK how many have seeing or feelin ?

Edit: Shutup kicko. Your going on my nerves ;)

Last edited by Kicko on 17-Jun-2007 at 04:04 PM.

herewegoagain 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 16:11:15
#98 ]
Elite Member

@fairlanefastback

Quote:

Why would you wish pain on someone you don't know, for all you know glittering is the black sheep of his family. You know nothing about members of his family. And people who have legitmately gone through such pain usually, in my experience anyway, learn from it that they would not even wish it on their worst enemy. People can react differently of course, and a moment of anger may be to blame here, which happens to all if us, but either way your wishing of pain and suffering on someone you don't know, for all you know a very good kind and kind person, well, its just pretty horrible. I hope you would consider at least not wishing this on someone other than glittering himself, at the least.

Adam is well within his rights to defend himself. Glittering has been given a very liberal leash to troll and attack members here at Amigaworld. He has posted personal attacks against Adam and they have not been moderated, but allowed to stay posted. And you DEFEND him??? If anything, I would say that YOU also do not know Adam and what his has gone through. It must be so nice for you condemning Adam from your Ivory tower.

(fixed broken nested quotes)

Last edited by herewegoagain on 17-Jun-2007 at 04:22 PM.

Plaz 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 16:16:07
#99 ]

@fairlanefastback

Quote:
I must say the psychology of our community is amazing.

Absolutely. And after a lengthy page of comment you still don't address my comment that accusing some one of faking a death is a step too far.

I'm as big a skeptic of Ack Controls as anyone here. Critisism of business, professionalism and public activity is warranted. However some of the comments in this thread rate as personal attacks in my opinion. You ligitimize one sides opinions while hinting there's a psychological abnormality when another side does the same? Pot, kettle, black.

@Pixie
Quote:

Not every one has you amazing ability to "get over it", you need to get over that.

Plaz

pixie 
Posted on 17-Jun-2007 16:21:37
#100 ]
Elite Member

@Plaz

Quote:
@Pixie
Quote:

Not every one has you amazing ability to "get over it", you need to get over that.

They will, once they experience death... at least it had worked out for me

Last edited by pixie on 17-Jun-2007 at 04:36 PM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle