Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
21 crawler(s) on-line.
 141 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 kolla:  1 hr 9 mins ago
 Hammer:  1 hr 21 mins ago
 amigakit:  2 hrs 1 min ago
 OneTimer1:  2 hrs 5 mins ago
 pixie:  2 hrs 12 mins ago
 Rob:  2 hrs 35 mins ago
 matthey:  2 hrs 39 mins ago
 corb0:  3 hrs 5 mins ago
 zipper:  3 hrs 6 mins ago
 RobertB:  4 hrs 39 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Hardware
      /  Will ACK Software Controls PPC Amigas ever come out?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
Helge 
Re: Will ACK Software Controls PPC Amigas ever come out?
Posted on 1-Jul-2007 11:46:52
#41 ]
Cult Member

@All

Hmm...different opinions here, but i have to agree that the best solution is to go x86. I can't think of a better solution than that. Why keep waiting for this choice?

Profile     Report this post  
jahc 
Posted on 1-Jul-2007 12:02:22
#42 ]
Elite Member

@Helge

Quote:
Hmm...different opinions here, but i have to agree that the best solution is to go x86. I can't think of a better solution than that. Why keep waiting for this choice?

You've changed your mind about CPU's several times in the past year or two. It's getting really tiresome hearing you flip flop over and over.

Helge 
Posted on 1-Jul-2007 12:05:23
#43 ]
Cult Member

@jahc

Well, i like both. It's not about the hardware or the CPU, but the entire OS. If you are so tired of what i say, why do you bother to read and answer? Think before you act, is always the solution..

It's not mature to keep fighting against others because of a different opinion of something. We are better than that. We are adults, not kids. Try to act like one. At least i do...

No further comment on this...

Last edited by Helge on 01-Jul-2007 at 12:06 PM.

Swoop 
Posted on 1-Jul-2007 12:20:53
#44 ]
Elite Member

@Helge

Quote:
I have to agree that the best solution is to go x86. I can't think of a better solution than that. Why keep waiting for this choice?

Someone has to get a license.
Someone has to do the port.

It all costs money.

"There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Helge 
Posted on 1-Jul-2007 12:54:24
#45 ]
Cult Member

@Swoop

Unfortunately, it's all about money, and in many cases, people step over bodies in order to reach their own goals. Sad, but true...

gary_c 
Posted on 3-Jul-2007 4:27:13
#46 ]
Cult Member

@fairlanefastback

Quote:
Also its interesting isn't it, that Amiga, a company that had millions invested in it in 2005 from Prokom and that is working on a $10 million deal just for arena naming in Kent Washington.

I'm sure others can clear this up some more, but IIRC Amiga, Inc. didn't actually get anything from the Prokom deal. I believe it was just a paper transaction that only affects investors, not operations.

There was a spate of activity that seemed to get people thinking that Amiga, Inc. had come into some money, but I wonder if there was really anything to that. There was talk of money, but, as we're seeing with the naming rights deal, when it comes time for the money to show, it isn't there. McEwen talked about money but, again, wasn't pressed to show it. Apparently there is some money for lawyers, but this again isn't out of Amiga, Inc. operations but is happening on the investor level.

As for the $10 million arena naming deal, I think the fact that the money hasn't been seen yet (past due already) tells the story better than what the size of the figure considered in a vaccuum might convey. In other words, yes, it is/was a ridiculously big deal for a company in Amiga, Inc.'s position, but on the other hand nothing has come of it so far, which is what many predicted.

I don't think the investors are any more convinced now than they have been over the past years that Amiga, Inc. is really something to pour significant amounts of money into. The years of stagnancy are an eloquent testimony to that.

As others said, Amiga, Inc. making an announcement with ACK was apparently just a "marriage of convenience" and it looks like Adam is getting used by the company for their ends (image) without much concern that they're further trashing his and their credibility. The intended audience was a fresh one who would be presumed to take things at face value, not the Amiga enthusiasts that are rightfully skeptical.

-- gary_c

ChrisH 
Posted on 3-Jul-2007 9:38:49
#47 ]
Elite Member

@gary_c
Let's give Amiga Inc (and their backers) a little more time to hand the money over (say two more weeks;), before condemning them. It is after-all a LOT of money, in anyone's books.

Not that I think they really will put it into escrow, but if they don't then why offer it in the first place? What possible benefit could they gain in a few weeks/months, that would outweigh the permanent negative publicity from NOT pay it?

jorkany 
Posted on 3-Jul-2007 14:00:45
#48 ]
Cult Member

@ChrisH
Quote:
Let's give Amiga Inc (and their backers) a little more time to hand the money over (say two more weeks;), before condemning them. It is after-all a LOT of money, in anyone's books.

Funny how this thread wound it's way back to the Kent City stadium! I wonder if the Kent City council is like the one portrayed in "Weeds"?

Quote:
Not that I think they really will put it into escrow, but if they don't then why offer it in the first place? What possible benefit could they gain in a few weeks/months, that would outweigh the permanent negative publicity from NOT pay it?
This just goes to indicate that *you* have some sort of moral character. Throw that out the window for a moment and try thinking like a con artist, then you'll get some ideas of "why".

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 5-Jul-2007 17:56:35
#49 ]
Team Member

@gary_c

Quote:
gary_c said: I'm sure others can clear this up some more, but IIRC Amiga, Inc. didn't actually get anything from the Prokom deal. I believe it was just a paper transaction that only affects investors, not operations.

From the London Stock Exchange web server:

Quote:

In February 2006 Prokom Software SA signed with ITEC LLC (seated in New York) a purchase agreement for
800,000 shares in Amiga, Inc (“Amiga”), for the price of USD 2.5 each. The purchased shares constitute 2.3% of
all issued shares in Amiga. Amiga, among other products, developed a versatile platform for an operational system
that enables use of any software or IT applications on all types of mobile devices . Prokom Software SA will work
with Amiga on marketing and distribution of this product among Polish software and mobile devices vendors.

above from http://tinyurl.com/39r3r5

Did something change after this? How do we know this? What do you mean by it being a paper transaction only?

If they don't have this money its certainly more questionable how they could fund any efforts by ACK (if that was even ever supposed to be the case), let alone the Kent naming deal, etc.

Last edited by fairlanefastback on 05-Jul-2007 at 05:59 PM.

Amiga 1200

Cool_amigaN 
Posted on 5-Jul-2007 18:44:29
#50 ]

@fairlanefastback

The above figures just can't be true!

800.000x2.5=2m$ only for 2.3% of Amiga??

That means that 100% of Amiga ( let's sayTotal Amiga Worth) exceeds 80m$ ??

So, if DiscreetFX or anyone else want to buy Amiga Inc has to spend above 100m$ to make an interesting offer?

And how come Amiga worth's exceeds 80m$ when they have an annual revenue of 1.5m$?

That's crazy...

d0c 
Posted on 5-Jul-2007 18:45:47
#51 ]
Cult Member

@fairlanefastback

to put it simple, ack is a joke and there will never be a new hw.

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 5-Jul-2007 19:27:56
#52 ]
Team Member

@Cool_amigaN

Quote:

Cool_amigaN wrote:
@fairlanefastback

The above figures just can't be true!

800.000x2.5=2m$ only for 2.3% of Amiga??

That means that 100% of Amiga ( let's sayTotal Amiga Worth) exceeds 80m$ ??

So, if DiscreetFX or anyone else want to buy Amiga Inc has to spend above 100m$ to make an interesting offer?

And how come Amiga worth's exceeds 80m$ when they have an annual revenue of 1.5m$?

That's crazy...

Here is another source verifying the number (BRE Bank Securities), further stating it equated to $6 million PLN, which is approx. $2 million USD.

http://i.wp.pl/a/dibre/aspolek/pkm_180506_eng.pdf

Quote:

Moreover, in February, Prokom acquired 800,000 shares making up a 2.3% stake in Amiga Inc
(USA) for US $2.5 per share (total payment amounted to PLN 6m). Amiga Inc's solutions
include a universal operating system platform which supports software and applications on all
mobile devices regardless of the type or producer. Prokom Software wants to strike an alliance
with Amiga to distribute its systems in Poland.

In my book it seems as if something smells quite fishy, though as a private company they may be able to price shares in indvidual sales however they wish perhaps? But why would anyone want to pay that much for such a small amount of percentage interest?

Last edited by fairlanefastback on 05-Jul-2007 at 07:33 PM.

Amiga 1200

Manu 
Posted on 5-Jul-2007 19:36:34
#53 ]

@Helge

It would a too sane thing to do in Amiga world to use "the evil processor".

DonnieA2 
Posted on 5-Jul-2007 20:12:35
#54 ]
Cult Member

@Manu

You got that right! Any CPU is fast these days, they don't have real memory restrictions, and the cheaper and faster and the more available the better..

tomazkid 
Posted on 5-Jul-2007 22:25:44
#55 ]
Team Member

@Cool_amigaN

Quote:

79 million $ in a savings account?

Cool_amigaN 
Posted on 5-Jul-2007 22:30:00
#56 ]

@fairlanefastback

Quote:

In my book it seems as if something smells quite fishy, though as a private company they may be able to price shares in indvidual sales however they wish perhaps? But why would anyone want to pay that much for such a small amount of percentage interest?

Yeap, something smells really fishy here.

There you have Amino that bought the Amiga rights seven years back paying $5m and now the company worth over $80m whilst in the meantime haven't produced any single product!

I have two explanations;

First, it isn't really an acquire of shares since Prokom and Amiga belong to the same person (Kouri). In my eyes it seems more like a money transfer from one company to another.

The second options goes to attract outside investors. Because I am sure that many people involved in these market areas would have noted the transaction and have done the same calculations as we did here. So, Amiga Inc. looked instantly bigger in their eyes.

Who knows...

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 5-Jul-2007 22:43:55
#57 ]
Team Member

@Cool_amigaN

Quote:

Cool_amigaN wrote:
@fairlanefastback

Quote:

Yeap, something smells really fishy here.

There you have Amino that bought the Amiga rights seven years back paying $5m and now the company worth over $80m whilst in the meantime haven't produced any single product!

I have two explanations;

First, it isn't really an acquire of shares since Prokom and Amiga belong to the same person (Kouri). In my eyes it seems more like a money transfer from one company to another.

The second options goes to attract outside investors. Because I am sure that many people involved in these market areas would have noted the transaction and have done the same calculations as we did here. So, Amiga Inc. looked instantly bigger in their eyes.

Who knows...

Actually Pentti Kouri does not own Prokom. Its a public company, traded on the London Stock Exchange, located in Poland, and is required to file annual reports. BUT the president of Prokom, Ryszard Krauze, is on the Hakia Board of Directors. And Hakia is a Pentti Kouri company and Prokom invested in it around the same time it did with Amiga. So while there is a connection in this sense Prokom's duty as a publicly traded company would be to actually transfer money, for real.

So that being said, that Kouri does not own Prokom, it becomes even more intriuging.

Last edited by fairlanefastback on 05-Jul-2007 at 10:45 PM.

Amiga 1200

terminator3 
Posted on 5-Jul-2007 23:22:06
#58 ]

Quote:

jingof wrote:
@sundown

Ummm.. Are you joking? It just seems laughable to achieve all that he's promised in one person's spare time. I really thought such an ambitious hardware project was unrealistic for a team of one. But one person's spare time sounds even more unbelievable.

Agreed.
I know him, he's very intelligent. But in today's world no one pulls things on their own. Even back in days of GVP you had business people working with IT guys etc.
No man will/can pull things on their own. When / If they do, the hardware/software will be so dated that it won't matter anymore.
The Amiga needs a team. hyperion team of developers pulled of OS4 not A inc.
ACK may be a major player but they still need people. If Adam wants a production run happening today, he should partner with few dealers, decide on volume and fair return for their part of investment. Forget "saving money" nonsense.
ah I got better things to do with my time and money than give advise... not like anyone is listening.

terminator3 
Posted on 5-Jul-2007 23:37:43
#59 ]

@Helge

> Unfortunately, it's all about money, and in many cases, people step over bodies in order to reach their own goals. Sad, but true...

Because thats life. Have you ever worked? Well I have and still do. I have done jobs that made me less than

terminator3 
Posted on 5-Jul-2007 23:41:38
#60 ]

@terminator3

seems my post got cutoff and i'm not reposting... i think i said god-dman...
my point was in short: no one should work for free ever.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle