Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
8 crawler(s) on-line.
 112 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 RobertB:  16 mins ago
 ktadd:  26 mins ago
 Rob:  29 mins ago
 MichaelMerkel:  1 hr 1 min ago
 zipper:  1 hr 25 mins ago
 matthey:  1 hr 42 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 56 mins ago
 Hypex:  2 hrs 21 mins ago
 1Mouse:  2 hrs 30 mins ago
 Allanon:  2 hrs 35 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Itec steps forward in the Big Apple
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 Next Page )
PosterThread
Tigger 
Re: Itec steps forward in the Big Apple
Posted on 12-Jul-2007 22:42:12
#141 ]
Elite Member

@AmigaHeretic

Quote:

AmigaHeretic wrote:
@Tigger

Quote:
why do you think Hyperion should not have to carry out the contract they signed with Itec?

Um, because Itec is a fake fraudulent, shell of a company, that Bill and Penti cooked up to scam poor little struggling Hyperion?

First of all its a company that is incorporated and has every right to carry out business as any other. Itec signed a contract and paid money, there is nothing here that says Hyperion has the right to not abide by the contract. This constant its a shell company is a little silly, since of all the companies Itec seems to be the one that actually has money and pays there bills and things like that.
-Tig

Profile     Report this post  
number6 
Posted on 12-Jul-2007 22:44:05
#142 ]
Elite Member

@AmigaHeretic

Quote:
Itec doesn't even exist. I doubt it ever "really" existed. There problem will be that there is no paper trail showing what ever happened to Itec.

Wake me when we start discussing Tapul SA or Askar Capital then.

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 12-Jul-2007 22:59:48
#143 ]
Team Member

@Tigger

Quote:
Since this topic is about the Itec-Hyperion contract (and the New York lawsuit resulting from it) and I dont think anyone has shown that Itec has not acted in good faith with regard to that contract or Hyperion itself

Now just because you think that would not mean I think that. You didn't inquire for clarification, you made a snide remark to be smarmy. At least have the guts to admit it. Geez. This just re-inforces that you believe that what you think is correct equates to fact (in your mind).

Quote:
assume that no matter what information shows up you will believe that Hyperion is right or what?

Your fatal mistake is that you don't account for the human side involved, the judge, the jury, the performance of the lawyers. Like a judge getting confused. Of a lawyer arguing points better, even if on the weaker side. Yes you then admit the judge got confused, but then go back to discounting that other such events may mess up your whole envisionment of how things will play out down the line going forward. and you only admit the confusion to explain away your prediction being wrong. But thats the point, other things like that can just as likely interupt your played out sequence of events to be different in reality as they progress than how you have envisioned them already in your brain.

I personally believe the corporate juggling game will not look good for the Amiga/Itec/Monrepos/KMOS/Tachyon camp. The more complicated mucked up side is not likely IMHO to be the jury favorite. And whether in NY or WA the Hyperion side is going to work hard to work that in as much as possible. Now that does not decide everything, but its a factor. One you don't bother with.

And you know I have said that I think Hyperion is far from a saint and that both sides (either case) make me want to puke. So you can save your "believe that Hyperion" is right junk at the door. I honestly think they have a better case, have *less* underhandedness (that I can see anyway), that they will play the victim very well, and that the jury will be more apt to believe their side more easily. And so far they have a lawyer with a better working vocabulary as the transcript reads. Which seems to be why Amiga is adding other lawyers left and right and decided to pay partner level fees going forward.

Quote:
Resilient? Hmm, interesting choice of words for someone from NYC.

Now pray tell what you mean in your statement "for someone from NYC". Have you ever lived here that you should be even venturing on this subject?

Last edited by fairlanefastback on 12-Jul-2007 at 11:14 PM.
Last edited by fairlanefastback on 12-Jul-2007 at 11:13 PM.

Amiga 1200

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 12-Jul-2007 23:04:22
#144 ]
Team Member

@Tigger

Quote:
since of all the companies Itec seems to be the one that actually has money and pays there bills and things like that.

With the exception of this check from this month where are you drawing this conclusion, that they "pay there bills and things like that".

Amiga 1200

AmigaHeretic 
Posted on 12-Jul-2007 23:05:37
#145 ]

@number6

Well, I'm just going by what Bill M. himself told the community - which OH MY GOD!! - could be a lie. But he did say that KMOS ended up with ALL assets from Amino (ie Amiga Inc. #1) from 2 purchases (which I thought to be buying out IP from Amiga Inc., and Itec) either way, if Bill was telling the truth, that would mean either Itec either IS KMOS (KMOS is Amiga Inc #2 after they changed their name) or Itec sold all their Amiga rights to KMOS. Again this is according to what Bill M. told the community.

Question & Answer #2

So if Itec is Kmos then this is just the same law suit twice and Amiga Inc is the one trying to confuse the judge.

Unless you are saying, Itec isn't KMOS & KMOS didn't buy everything from Itec, in which case you are saying Bill M. lied to us all??

Tigger 
Posted on 12-Jul-2007 23:07:40
#146 ]
Elite Member

@AmigaHeretic

Quote:

AmigaHeretic wrote:

Itec doesn't even exist. I doubt it ever "really" existed. There problem will be that there is no paper trail showing what ever happened to Itec.

That "shell" game that Bill said they weren't playing, yeah, it's caught up with him in a big way.

Actually Itec most certainly exists. Rich Woods posted all the info for them in 2004 shortly after the March 15, 2004 announcement. In fact alot of the info from the Timeline was from the actual filed corporate records. So Itec doesnt exist isnt a real event. Itec has existed for a long time. The issue is that the Itec deal isnt the shell game, its totally legal, the KMOS-AI(w) deal is the one that has legal issues and smells seriously of a shell game as you say.
-Tig

AmigaHeretic 
Posted on 12-Jul-2007 23:09:37
#147 ]

@Tigger

So do they own the contract still or did KMOS buy everything like Bill M. said they did in the QA session?

Did Bill M. lie or is Itec lieing?

Last edited by AmigaHeretic on 12-Jul-2007 at 11:10 PM.

number6 
Posted on 12-Jul-2007 23:14:31
#148 ]
Elite Member

@AmigaHeretic

No.
I'm just waiting to see what additional info might surface on those 2 additional companies of Dr. Pentti Kouri.
(We've had posts about them on AW previously)

Seer 
Posted on 12-Jul-2007 23:17:50
#149 ]
Team Member

@fairlanefastback and tigger,

Nobody cares who started the name calling, just drop the subject and stop the blame game. The "but he started it" arguments are not helping either of you.

AmigaHeretic 
Posted on 12-Jul-2007 23:19:25
#150 ]

@number6

It's all so sketchy the judge must be laughing, shaking his head, and thinking he could probably just ride this case out until he retires... all 3 of these at the same time.

It so embarassing.

Tigger 
Posted on 12-Jul-2007 23:24:32
#151 ]
Elite Member

@fairlanefastback

Quote:

fairlanefastback wrote:
@dirigent

Reaction from intial usage by Tigger:

http://tinyurl.com/2jo7kz

He also felt a need to call them, in a derogatory sense, "the wonder twins" at that time. He also speaks to how he is sure that the Friedens have great disdain for our community, which he says they have shown possibly hundreds of times (on this site alone) and his displeasure at those who "lap it up" from them. He goes on to call Fleecy the "Sheeplord". Now he has a funny story about it, but still its a petty insult.

After all this we get the answer to the inquiry on why he earlier insulted the Friendens:

http://tinyurl.com/2uyb68

Yes he says he first used it at a conference. But as I said the story behind it came later, and again, like that should be an excuse. Whoop-de-do. It did not start as a twisting of an innocent drinking story as I said earlier.

Actually if you look at my original post [#520] in that thread, you can read what I said in its actual context. Of course its not as good a story that way, but its truthful that way. I and others have been calling Fleecy the Sheeplord since April of 2000, thats not a new comment, go read the bunny if you dont beleive that and read the last 20 posts of Rogue on this board and come back with a straight face and tell us all how much he likes his customers.
-Tig

Tigger 
Posted on 12-Jul-2007 23:29:39
#152 ]
Elite Member

@fairlanefastback

Quote:

fairlanefastback wrote:
@Tigger

Quote:
since of all the companies Itec seems to be the one that actually has money and pays there bills and things like that.

With the exception of this check from this month where are you drawing this conclusion, that they "pay there bills and things like that".

We know of noone that they owe money to, no outstanding debts, they paid Hyperion and when Hyperion said they hadnt paid them enough then sent another check for the full amount. Unlike AI(w), Hyperion, Eyetech, KMOS, AI(D) and ACK they dont have anyone complaining that they are owed money by them, cant collect from them, etc. Again with the whole I'm being paid for my posting attack. Whats a correct rebuttal, should I ask you did Hyperion send you your weekly Belgian chocolates? Or how much it costs to ship chocolate to NYC from Brussels?
-Tig

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 12-Jul-2007 23:35:17
#153 ]
Team Member

@Tigger

No, lol, when I said the "check this month" I was refering to the Itec check (the new $25,000 one) to Hyperion. Not a pay-off to you! :)

Meaning what evidence do we have in general that "Itec seems to be the one that actually has money and pays there bills and things like that" *besdes* that they sent this new check to Hyperion.

I never ever said that you were being paid for your posting! (You said "again with the whole...".

The chocolate thing was a clever response given what you thought I meant though. I'll give you kudos on that!

Amiga 1200

number6 
Posted on 12-Jul-2007 23:40:36
#154 ]
Elite Member

@AmigaHeretic

Sorry. I meant to include this in my last post.
Link to the last time we discussed Tapul SA in case you are interested:

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=23557&forum=2

Tigger 
Posted on 12-Jul-2007 23:41:59
#155 ]
Elite Member

@AmigaHeretic

Quote:

AmigaHeretic wrote:

So if Itec is Kmos then this is just the same law suit twice and Amiga Inc is the one trying to confuse the judge.

Unless you are saying, Itec isn't KMOS & KMOS didn't buy everything from Itec, in which case you are saying Bill M. lied to us all??

I dont think anyone has ever said Itec is KMOS, though by the sale document of the contract to KMOS, we have to be honest and say that Itec is a majority stockholder of KMOS. The formation of KMOS is totally legal as well, where we get into a fiscal problem with KMOS is when they buy the trademarks from AI(w) without apparently any creditors being paid. Thats where I have issues about whether proper fudiciary control was carried out. Itec in this lawsuit is trying to get Hyperion to carry out the contract so they can complete the transfer to KMOS, thats also totally legal even if the transfer of the contract to KMOS was not approved by the AmigaOne Partners. Its going to be hard for Hyperion to win the Itec case in New York, its a pretty simple case and Hyperion doesnt have alot of room to maneuver with it.
-Tig

Tigger 
Posted on 12-Jul-2007 23:44:42
#156 ]
Elite Member

Quote:

fairlanefastback wrote:

Meaning what evidence do we have in general that "Itec seems to be the one that actually has money and pays there bills and things like that" *besdes* that they sent this new check to Hyperion.

They paid the original 20K to Hyperion, they paid the original millions to Gateway. Thats a much better track record then any of the other companies I listed.
-Tig

Spectre660 
Posted on 13-Jul-2007 2:14:28
#157 ]
Elite Member

@Tigger

Quote:
Its going to be hard for Hyperion to win the Itec case in New York, its a pretty simple case and Hyperion doesnt have alot of room to maneuver with it.
-Tig

Hey guys. it's time to learn when a lawyer is giving you a 6 for a 9.
So here comes the lesson:

PDF no 39:page 11. lines 12-19 and page 12. Lines 1-7.

Compare with the following:

PDF no 52: page 8. Lines begining with paragraph "17" and paragraph "18"

These two are refering to two different issues.

Again we see Amiga/ITEC runing away from the real silver bullet of the AMIGA(W)/ITEC transfer. why why why ?.
You got to face the music AMiga(D) and ITEC.

Tigger cant protect you for ever

Last edited by Spectre660 on 13-Jul-2007 at 02:21 AM.

umisef 
Posted on 13-Jul-2007 2:42:49
#158 ]

@AmigaHeretic

Quote:
Itec doesn't even exist

Wow! You mean a non-existent company managed to hire lawyers to file a contract suit in NY?

Must be some stupid lawyers there...

umisef 
Posted on 13-Jul-2007 2:54:31
#159 ]

Quote:
He goes on to call Fleecy the "Sheeplord". Now he has a funny story about it, but still its a petty insult.

Given what Tigger is probably *really* thinking about Fleecy, I'd consider it a term of endearment.

Tigger, think of him what you want, is certainly a highly technically qualified person. Fleecy is, well, not. I have had rather limited communication with him (mainly because I fairly quickly adopted the "don't waste my time, start making sense or leave me alone" approach --- which resulted in being left alone), but I can tell you from personal experience that it took all of two Fleecy emails for me to want to bang my head against a wall.

That guy prancing around calling himself a CTO has certainly earned him all the derision he has received, and then quite some more. The 'T' in CTO after all stands for "Technology".

Oh, and again from personal experience, even back in 2001, the other people at Amiga Inc certainly did not disagree when I described Fleecy as a loose cannon....

AmigaHeretic 
Posted on 13-Jul-2007 3:45:30
#160 ]

@umisef

Quote:
Wow! You mean a non-existent company managed to hire lawyers to file a contract suit in NY? Must be some stupid lawyers there...

Well, I'm sure Penti is writing them checks so they could care less.

But anyway, I'm sure you're right and Itec LLC has been in full business, working hard out there the past few years with hundreds employees, probably scouring the nation looking for the next hockey stadium to dump Tens of millions of dollars in to.

In my defense I am just repeating the gospel as it was spoken by Bill M. himself in his 25 questions to Amiga.org like I said a few posts back. KMOS owns "everything" that was Amiga Inc. #1 according to Bill M. so WHAT in the world could Itec have to do with anything then regarding Hyperion in 2007? They sold ALL there rights to KMOS who is now Amiga Inc. #2. That's what Bill M. said. I don't want to call him a liar, do you?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle