Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
20 crawler(s) on-line.
 95 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 matthey:  5 mins ago
 Rob:  7 mins ago
 kiFla:  37 mins ago
 zipper:  37 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 2 mins ago
 Hypex:  1 hr 3 mins ago
 outlawal2:  1 hr 12 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  1 hr 34 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 46 mins ago
 AmigaPapst:  3 hrs 2 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Itec steps forward in the Big Apple
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 Next Page )
PosterThread
Plaz 
Re: Itec steps forward in the Big Apple
Posted on 11-Jul-2007 19:56:03
#41 ]

@Geennaam

Quote:
And how does this help AmigaInc?

In one respect Amiga Inc looks like they want to eliminate any questions about who owns and controls the IP. Winning the court case to yank Hyperion's license and/or driving them bankrupt would go far to make their point. As you say though, they may loose access to OS4 sources at the same time. Do they care about that any more, do they hope to beat the sources out of Hyperion with the threat of bankrupcy, are guys in India already writting OS5?

With the Itec case, they seem to be trying to beat Hyperion down and still get OS4. But I'll have to leave these deeper topics and analysis to others on the thread. It's too much for me spin in my head when I'm not being paid like a lawyer to keep up.

Plaz

Profile     Report this post  
fairlanefastback 
Posted on 11-Jul-2007 19:57:21
#42 ]
Team Member

@_Steve_

Quote:

_Steve_ wrote:
@Thread

You have to love page 31 of docket52a:

Seller: Itec LLC
Pentti Kouri
Managing Partner

Purchaser: KMOS Inc.
Pentti Kouri
President

Acknowledged and agreed to by Monrepos LLC:
Pentti Kouri
Managing Partner

Yep it appeared before in the Amiga Delaware exhibits as well. Still as funny now as it was then IMHO!

Amiga 1200

pixie 
Posted on 11-Jul-2007 20:04:58
#43 ]
Elite Member

On a side note, how does Amiga invoke Itec being first creditors for not needing Eyetech approval if Amiga #1 never got into bankruptcy? Insolvency alone doesn't allow the kind of repercussions one get from bankruptcy

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 11-Jul-2007 20:15:32
#44 ]
Elite Member

@pixie

Your right.

I think I understand what you’re saying now, because it in breach of the original contract, Eyetech loses there right as an AmigaOne partner (If no AmigaOne partner alone has exclusive right), if the second contract is valid , but I do think Eyetech needs to bring this on the table not Hyperion.

Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 11-Jul-2007 at 08:19 PM.

Ketzer 
Posted on 11-Jul-2007 21:17:32
#45 ]

@NutsAboutAmiga

Quote:

NutsAboutAmiga wrote:
@Geennaam

1) Hyperion needs to get in contact whit Eyetech and from an alliance, to protect the right to use AmigaOS, they need Eyetech to agree to use the AmigaOS brand whit standalone version of AmigaOS4, because Hyperion do not have an explicit right to the AmigaOS name.

2) Hyperion most prove that Amiga Inc / Itec own Hyperion money for past work, and that the transferee is invalid.

3) Hyperion most prove that Amiga Inc (w) where insolvent at the time.

1) Why would it be in Eyetech's power to decide how Hyperion may use Amiga's trademarks? Either Hyp win their case or they dont.

2a) Amiga cant possibly owe Hyp money, cause all contracts are "pay first, then work", thus Amiga cant accrue any debt.

2b) Yes, this seems to be their only chance. However Itec -> KMOS is almost irrelevant now, because of lawsuit 2. And if the Amiga lawyer is correct, then the Amiga W -> Itec transfer isnt voidable even if it were done without permission.

3) Well, in theory, yes. How do you suppose you prove someone was insolvent 4 years ago? What new information could have possibly made Hyp suddenly think Amiga W was insolvent? Bill admitted that Amiga was unable to pay at some time, true, yet he also named assests, thus Amiga wasnt actually insolvent. Morever the term insolvent isnt actually defined in the contract and neither in law.

Ketzer 
Posted on 11-Jul-2007 21:20:35
#46 ]

@pixie

Quote:

pixie wrote:
On a side note, how does Amiga invoke Itec being first creditors for not needing Eyetech approval if Amiga #1 never got into bankruptcy? Insolvency alone doesn't allow the kind of repercussions one get from bankruptcy

Cause such an security transfer is possible whenever the first secured creditor choses to invoke it. Even to the degree that the company loosing the asset may cease to function.

Ketzer 
Posted on 11-Jul-2007 21:23:50
#47 ]

@NutsAboutAmiga

I agree that if Eyetech loses rights, only Eyetech itself, not Hyperion, may sue .. both of Itec and Hyperion. On the other hand, Eyetech's rights were'nt really harmed, since software is solely Hyp's part of the deal.

AmigaHeretic 
Posted on 11-Jul-2007 21:38:54
#48 ]

@Ketzer

Quote:
On the other hand, Eyetech's rights were'nt really harmed, since software is solely Hyp's part of the deal.

But the software does belong to Eyetech too.

Article I defines who the Amiga One Partners are:

"Amiga One Partners" means Eytech and Hyperion collectively;

and then section 2.01 says what they own:

2.01 Appointment. Amiga hereby grants the Amiga One Partners a right and license to use and modify the Software and an exclusive right and license to market and distribute OS 4 as a standalone version ...etc.. Amiga furthermore grants the Amiga One Partners a right and license to use the Amiga trademarks in conjunction with the Amiga One. etc...

Just as it gives Hyperion rights to use the name in conjuction with hardware. Not just Eyetech.

Tigger 
Posted on 11-Jul-2007 22:06:32
#49 ]
Elite Member

Quote:

AmigaHeretic wrote:

Hyperion??? When did they take "ownership"?? I think they are missing a signature on the contact? If Amiga Inc, didn't own the code any more then it now belongs to the "Amiga One Partners" and I doubt that Hyperion could just sell it with out Eytech's signature. They could try and they could certainly sign a contract, but that doesn't make it valid.

I think the 2003 contract is totally invalid just because of that one point.

But if its not valid, then Hyperion committed fraud against Eyetech and Itec, and both companies can sue them about it. Eyetech because they were attempting to take away there rights with the contract, and Itec because they sold them something that they legally couldnt sell. Thats what I have been saying for weeks now. Either its a legal transfer or Hyperion gets sued for Fraud, which would be big penalties. Thats why Hyperion really isnt arguing that the Itec transfer is illegal, because there are huge penalties for that.
-Tig

Lou 
Posted on 11-Jul-2007 22:15:53
#50 ]
Elite Member

Amiga Inc. created the first violation by not providing the source code to 3.5 and 3.9.
Eyetech created the second violation by not providing the Escenda-based AmigaOne board.

The contract should have been re-written at either point.

Tigger 
Posted on 11-Jul-2007 22:20:24
#51 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:

Lou wrote:
Amiga Inc. created the first violation by not providing the source code to 3.5 and 3.9.
Eyetech created the second violation by not providing the Escenda-based AmigaOne board.

The contract should have been re-written at either point.

Hyperion shouldnt have signed the contract with Itec without addressing those issues, once they did that, there ability to recover money for those violations became hard if not impossible.
-Tig

ssolie 
Posted on 11-Jul-2007 22:52:16
#52 ]
Elite Member

@umisef
The documents are available on Justia now so you can save some bandwidth.

Amilord 
Posted on 11-Jul-2007 22:54:35
#53 ]

you signed a contract whose terms are not abuses, you have to respect the contract.
If both sides have not respected the contract, what next ?
Plus, Hyperion should have accepted the 2M$ from Ainc cause now, Ainc is going to sue them till death.

NoelFuller 
Posted on 11-Jul-2007 22:55:36
#54 ]
Cult Member

@fairlanefastback

I'm supposing you've taken a good look at Pentti Kouri's connections starting with Hakia. They seem to go all over the world, via associated directors, the connections being both commercial and academic, but who are the other two directors of Amiga Inc?

Noel

pixie 
Posted on 11-Jul-2007 22:59:26
#55 ]
Elite Member

@Ketzer

Quote:
Cause such an security transfer is possible whenever the first secured creditor choses to invoke it. Even to the degree that the company loosing the asset may cease to function.

Right when did it happen? Given the fact that Amiga already had an pendent case of debt against them, perhaps it has to happen at 'day light', so to speak... and if it was indeed so where were the docments explicitly saying it? Perhaps Amiga had forgotten to add to the process...

Tigger 
Posted on 11-Jul-2007 23:24:10
#56 ]
Elite Member

@pixie

Quote:

pixie wrote:
@Ketzer

Quote:

Right when did it happen? Given the fact that Amiga already had an pendent case of debt against them, perhaps it has to happen at 'day light', so to speak... and if it was indeed so where were the docments explicitly saying it? Perhaps Amiga had forgotten to add to the process...

It happened April 23, 2003, according to everyone who has talked about it.
-Tig

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 11-Jul-2007 23:48:05
#57 ]
Team Member

@NoelFuller

Quote:

NoelFuller wrote:
@fairlanefastback

I'm supposing you've taken a good look at Pentti Kouri's connections starting with Hakia. They seem to go all over the world, via associated directors, the connections being both commercial and academic, but who are the other two directors of Amiga Inc?

Noel

We don't really know if they even exist for starters. Let alone who they are if there really are other board members. To me it seemed more likely to be a stalling device for Kent and the media. But who knows. Some good guesses if the positions do indeed exist would be Ryszard Krauze since his investment through Prokom yielded him a board seat on Hakia, why not Amiga for which they invested in similarily around the same time? It would fit the "guy traveling in Europe" scenario decently. The other guess, if I were to guess, would be John Grzymala, the Seceratary of Itec, accountant at least at one time to Amiga we think, involved with the other Pennti firm Tachyon, and also a Board member and CFO at Hakia. He seems to take care of much of the financial paperwork for some of Pentti's firms.

Amiga 1200

NoelFuller 
Posted on 11-Jul-2007 23:52:02
#58 ]
Cult Member

@fairlanefastback

Thanks. I thought I was just not getting there on Google. Maybe that Hakia search engine will be useful after all.

Noel

amipal 
Posted on 11-Jul-2007 23:55:09
#59 ]

@all

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 12-Jul-2007 0:03:41
#60 ]
Team Member

@Amilord

Quote:

Amilord wrote:
you signed a contract whose terms are not abuses, you have to respect the contract.
If both sides have not respected the contract, what next ?
Plus, Hyperion should have accepted the 2M$ from Ainc cause now, Ainc is going to sue them till death.

All these numbers thrown around are so odd. There are so few interested users. $10 million to name an arena, $2 million to buy Hyperion. Hyperion claiming they spent $1.1 million or whatever on the OS. All for what? None of us are getting any younger here. And most users who write in regard to potential prices of things seem to balk if they are too much above PC/Mac prices.

So many games seem to be going on and we talk talk talk about the details of how the game is being played by two foolish sides. Instead I wish we could band together to just call them idiots and let them know we aren't going to buy jacks**t unless they start behaving.

Amiga 1200

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle