Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
7 crawler(s) on-line.
 129 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 NutsAboutAmiga:  9 mins ago
 zipper:  10 mins ago
 clint:  46 mins ago
 RickSkid:  56 mins ago
 bhabbott:  1 hr 1 min ago
 BigD:  1 hr 3 mins ago
 Diane:  1 hr 6 mins ago
 VooDoo:  1 hr 10 mins ago
 A1200:  1 hr 14 mins ago
 pixie:  1 hr 26 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  ACK customer and partner experience thread going forward
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
PosterThread
ackcontrls 
Re: ACK customer and partner experience thread going forward
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 19:39:13
#141 ]

@fairlanefastback

You're posts have amused me the most. People are getting their stuff back. Personally, I don't understand your motivation. The time you spend in the forums suggests you don't have a job or a life outside of the soap opera we've been living for the last few years.

A little known fact is that Eyetech nearly decided to wait for the MicroA1-I from MAI. It was August 2004 when I had met with Jason and Alan and told Jason that I would buy the 300 Teron Minis (MicroA1-C) as I felt there was a demand for them. Alan pretty much decided to take them right after that. I've done a lot of work behind the scenes to help out this small enthusiast market and unfortunately did too much from an enthusiasts point of view as well. Part of the problem is there is a fine line between enthusiast and fanatic. The shrinking base of people seem to be more fanatics than anything else.

Adam

Profile     Report this post  
pixie 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 19:47:27
#142 ]
Elite Member

@ackcontrls

Quote:
You're posts have amused me the most. People are getting their stuff back. Personally, I don't understand your motivation. The time you spend in the forums suggests you don't have a job or a life outside of the soap opera we've been living for the last few years.

What you do with yours is what amazes me the most...

d0c 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 19:57:22
#143 ]
Cult Member

@ackcontrls

what a nice way to insult fairlanefastback...

Last edited by d0c on 17-Jul-2007 at 07:59 PM.
Last edited by d0c on 17-Jul-2007 at 07:58 PM.

ronaldst 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 19:57:52
#144 ]

I still don't believe Ack. I am waiting for him to say something like "my dog is suffering an existential crisis".

If Ack was smart, he'd go fix the current situation. He'd work to get the expensive A1s back to their rightful owners. Instead he works to post new excuses and more carrot dangling on AW.net

All beer tastes bad.

ackcontrls 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 19:58:01
#145 ]

@Boot_WB

Quote:
Sounds like a reasonable set of explanations for one guy doing hardware fixes as a favour for people.

Now, reflect on how that stacks up against the image you try to project about being a serious hardware engineering company about to start producing high-end and low-end Amiga hardware in "batches of 1000."

Add to that the numerous failed hardware announcements including the "it's in production, just waiting for the documentation to be finished."

Now try to understand why we are sceptical, and critical when "New hardware project" announcements are made.

The design and manufacturing is the easy part. The lack of a solid license agreement has affected me the most. Part of why I have been so busy as of late is that I'm finalizing an m68k emulator for use with the PV LT to run OS 3.x.

Most problems in this market have not been technical in nature, but political.

Adam

Hans 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 19:58:20
#146 ]
Elite Member

@fairlanefastback

Quote:

fairlanefastback wrote:
@Hans

Quote:
At least acknowledge the fact that he's admitted to screwing up and fully accepts that particular people have the right to be angry with him.

Fully accepts? I think I read what he wrote differently. "I made mistakes" is something. But in the same post we have stuff about well this one was dirty, this other guy I felt sorry for. Not sorry enough to get it back sooner. Not too dirty to not keep it around and sit on it. So its something and better than nothing, sure. I started the thread hoping we'd be able to get into praise mode right quick with guys getting their machines back. I'm all open to having reasons to support ACK in the future.

Reread the section I quoted:
ackcontrls wrote: Yeah Christopher Kossa has good right to be ####ed as he did pay for the repairs and CPU.

Sounds like a full admission to me. Christopher Kossa has a good right to be angry. Even if he's made excuses for taking on too much work, he's still admitted that they have a reason to be unhappy with him. You ignored this and started banging away at every negative thing he said.

Quote:
Quote:
While I agree that you don't have to be one of those who still don't have their boards back to be annoyed with Adam, I think Adam's comment regarding those who are not involved has an element of truth to it: the biggest name-callers/scammer-denouncers are those who have never been customers of ACK. Chris, kneedeep and Ivan (i.e., those directly affected by Adam's actions) have been much more civil.

And yet he keeps giving new opportunities over and over to keep getting "amused" as he put it. And all of us, unless we individually say otherwise, as Amiga enthusiasts, are prospective customers that ACK has advertised to.

Once again, I must repeat: I'm not excusing his behaviour at all. If you screwed up, wouldn't you be annoyed if your biggest critics were people who weren't directly affected by your actions? I would, the same way that it annoyed me when the biggest critics of the Amigaone board bugs were those who had never actually owned/used an Amigaone. We're prospective customers NOT customers. Of course we're watching how he handles the current situation. However, we're not directly affected by it so people shouldn't start making things personal.

His comment was a direct response to d0c (and indirectly, Glittering). I don't think that it was addressed to you as you've remained civil throughout.

EDIT: Ok, now he's addressed something to you directly. He's short tempered.

Hans

Last edited by Hans on 17-Jul-2007 at 08:00 PM.

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 20:02:18
#147 ]
Team Member

@ackcontrls

Quote:

ackcontrls wrote:
@fairlanefastback

A little known fact is that Eyetech nearly decided to wait for the MicroA1-I from MAI. It was August 2004 when I had met with Jason and Alan and told Jason that I would buy the 300 Teron Minis (MicroA1-C) as I felt there was a demand for them. Alan pretty much decided to take them right after that. I've done a lot of work behind the scenes to help out this small enthusiast market and unfortunately did too much from an enthusiasts point of view as well. Part of the problem is there is a fine line between enthusiast and fanatic. The shrinking base of people seem to be more fanatics than anything else.

Adam

I'm not going to respond in kind Adam. I feel badly that you are having personal issues of your own. Its unfortunate when anyone does. If it makes you feel better to imagine that my life is in some miserable state thats your business. But do you suppose that makes you look like the businessman you seem to be trying to pretend to be or something else that many people have suspected and some outright said? And even if my life were such should that affect right and wrong for you? I hope you come through this time for people.

Amiga 1200

Hans 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 20:04:38
#148 ]
Elite Member

@ackcontrls

Quote:

ackcontrls wrote:
@fairlanefastback

My impression is that farilanefastback wants to see the outstanding issues resolved, so that people can move on. It looks lie he's been putting pressure on you and everyone involved in the hope that it will get things moving. I'm fairly sure that the moment someone posts that they got their stuff back, he will be much more positive about you.

Hans

Hans 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 20:08:29
#149 ]
Elite Member

@ackcontrls

Quote:

ackcontrls wrote:
The design and manufacturing is the easy part. The lack of a solid license agreement has affected me the most. Part of why I have been so busy as of late is that I'm finalizing an m68k emulator for use with the PV LT to run OS 3.x.

So the PV LT project still exists? Please consider posting photos showing the unit working. If you have OS 3.x running on it, there shouldn't be any legal issues. We've seen pictures of the classic Amiga OS running on UAE and the Minimig.

People will be much less skeptical about your other projects if you show something working, and it should only take a few minutes.

Hans

hatschi 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 20:09:44
#150 ]
Elite Member

@ackcontrls

Quote:

So when referring to this post of yours, are you saying that Hyperion is to blame for the "lack of a solid license agreement"?

Adam Kowalczyk wrote:
Quote:
It is completely Hyperion's domain regarding licension OS4 for expansion boards for the classics. I have been in discussion with Hyperion in the past regarding bundling OS4 with the PowerVixxen LT. There are zero issues whatsoever. In all honesty, there would be more issues if the PowerVixxen wasn't shipped with OS4.

d0c 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 20:10:09
#151 ]
Cult Member

@Hans

wow! you must actually give ack the little spoon treatment, so he can understand what fairlanefastback is trying to do... i am amazed!!...

ackcontrls 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 20:11:04
#152 ]

@d0c

I seriously doubt fairlanefastback ever intends to buy anything that gets released. I consider that a true statement for most of the trolls out here. But anyway....I digress.

Adam

jorkany 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 20:14:09
#153 ]
Cult Member

@Hans
Quote:
@ackcontrls
Quote:

Quote:

ackcontrls wrote:
@fairlanefastback

My impression is that farilanefastback wants to see the outstanding issues resolved, so that people can move on. It looks lie he's been putting pressure on you and everyone involved in the hope that it will get things moving. I'm fairly sure that the moment someone posts that they got their stuff back, he will be much more positive about you.

I have to wonder if the people who sent money and equipment to ACK would be getting them back if it weren't for the exposure in this thread. In that case I'd say FFB did a good deed.

Not that they HAVE gotten them back yet...just sayin, if and when they do.

hatschi 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 20:14:44
#154 ]
Elite Member

@ackcontrls

Quote:
I seriously doubt fairlanefastback ever intends to buy anything that gets released.

His past record and signature suggests the contrary:

"Amikit & "hosted" AROS on Linux user
EFIKA owner awaiting MorphOS 2.0
Amiga 1200 attached to a TV
Hoping to run AOS 4.0 somehow, someday."

number6 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 20:17:19
#155 ]
Elite Member

@hatschi

I suspect that one goes in the "posts are a snapshot in time" category.
What was known then and current reality no longer mesh.
(reference to the moo post)

Last edited by number6 on 17-Jul-2007 at 08:19 PM.

d0c 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 20:17:35
#156 ]
Cult Member

@hatschi

whooops!....

Last edited by d0c on 17-Jul-2007 at 08:18 PM.

ackcontrls 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 20:19:44
#157 ]

@hatschi

Quote:
by hatschi on 17-Jul-2007 16:09:44

@ackcontrls

Quote:

So when referring to this post of yours, are you saying that Hyperion is to blame for the "lack of a solid license agreement"?

Adam Kowalczyk wrote:
Quote:
It is completely Hyperion's domain regarding licension OS4 for expansion boards for the classics. I have been in discussion with Hyperion in the past regarding bundling OS4 with the PowerVixxen LT. There are zero issues whatsoever. In all honesty, there would be more issues if the PowerVixxen wasn't shipped with OS4.

Well if you want to know what a ping pong ball feels like, try getting a price for an OEM copy of OS4 for the classics from Amiga Inc. or Hyperion. Both parties are on opposite ends of the spectrum. The lawsuit was inevitable and dealing with both sides, it was clear that it was going to happen.

My intention was to ship with OS4 to prevent piracy issues, but now I'm just going to release the PV LT to serve as an accelerator for the A1200 with the potential to run OS4.

Adam

Hans 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 20:24:13
#158 ]
Elite Member

@jorkany

Quote:

jorkany wrote:
I have to wonder if the people who sent money and equipment to ACK would be getting them back if it weren't for the exposure in this thread. In that case I'd say FFB did a good deed.

I think that he would have sent them back eventually. It probably would have taken longer, but it would have happened. This has turned into a bit of an online mob incident though, which I'm not too happy about. FFB might want to take a different tact next time, to avoid this.

Hans

jorkany 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 20:26:56
#159 ]
Cult Member

@ackcontrls
Quote:
A little known fact is that Eyetech nearly decided to wait for the MicroA1-I from MAI. It was August 2004 when I had met with Jason and Alan and told Jason that I would buy the 300 Teron Minis (MicroA1-C) as I felt there was a demand for them. Alan pretty much decided to take them right after that.

A bit OT, but If this is true then it pretty much dispenses with the myth that the Micro-A1 was "designed" by Eyetech, and indicates that Alan was simply buying whatever Teron-of-the-month was turning out.

Last edited by jorkany on 17-Jul-2007 at 08:27 PM.

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 20:27:20
#160 ]
Team Member

@ackcontrls

Quote:

ackcontrls wrote:
@d0c

I seriously doubt fairlanefastback ever intends to buy anything that gets released. I consider that a true statement for most of the trolls out here. But anyway....I digress.

Adam

Thats funny. I was planning to sit your low-end Amiga running no OS on top of my EFIKA that can't run MOS yet (until it hopefully would run an Amiga OS). I bought the EFIKA when people were complaining that BBRV was getting free adveristing on here by posting. I publicly said to him on this board, here now I bought your machine, can you at least rightfully put an ad on here or donate? I'm ponying up, now can you with advertising dollars to AW.net to quell the critics so we can stop this BS? This way he'd have money to do so without question. Others can look up those posts if they like, they are on this board. I also offered to give money for your low-end machine to AW.net as a neutral third party to hold. Now who is the one who is a man of his word sir? And who backs up words with action? I'm not writing this to challange you. But if you want to try to discredit me the record is there to see. There is also my donation to the Sputnik bounty for OS4 when I have no means to run OS4. So I try to do my part as a member of a small community to help support its vendors and programmers financially.

Last edited by fairlanefastback on 17-Jul-2007 at 08:29 PM.

Amiga 1200

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle