Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
27 crawler(s) on-line.
 130 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 kolla:  1 hr 18 mins ago
 Hammer:  1 hr 29 mins ago
 amigakit:  2 hrs 10 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  2 hrs 14 mins ago
 pixie:  2 hrs 21 mins ago
 Rob:  2 hrs 44 mins ago
 matthey:  2 hrs 48 mins ago
 corb0:  3 hrs 13 mins ago
 zipper:  3 hrs 14 mins ago
 RobertB:  4 hrs 48 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  ACK customer and partner experience thread going forward
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
PosterThread
Boot_WB 
Re: ACK customer and partner experience thread going forward
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 21:33:24
#161 ]

@ackcontrls

Quote:

ackcontrls wrote:
@hatschi

Quote:
by hatschi on 17-Jul-2007 16:09:44

@ackcontrls

Quote:
The design and manufacturing is the easy part. The lack of a solid license agreement has affected me the most. Part of why I have been so busy as of late is that I'm finalizing an m68k emulator for use with the PV LT to run OS 3.x.

So when referring to this post of yours, are you saying that Hyperion is to blame for the "lack of a solid license agreement"?

Adam Kowalczyk wrote:
Quote:
It is completely Hyperion's domain regarding licension OS4 for expansion boards for the classics. I have been in discussion with Hyperion in the past regarding bundling OS4 with the PowerVixxen LT. There are zero issues whatsoever. In all honesty, there would be more issues if the PowerVixxen wasn't shipped with OS4.

Well if you want to know what a ping pong ball feels like, try getting a price for an OEM copy of OS4 for the classics from Amiga Inc. or Hyperion. Both parties are on opposite ends of the spectrum. The lawsuit was inevitable and dealing with both sides, it was clear that it was going to happen.

My intention was to ship with OS4 to prevent piracy issues, but now I'm just going to release the PV LT to serve as an accelerator for the A1200 with the potential to run OS4.

Adam

Whilst I hope that this does actually happen (timescale?) I retain my healthy scepticism.
One question which instantly springs to mind - is an A4000 version still planned?

Profile     Report this post  
Manu 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 21:40:48
#162 ]

@ackcontrls

Quote:

ackcontrls wrote:
@d0c

I seriously doubt fairlanefastback ever intends to buy anything that gets released. I consider that a true statement for most of the trolls out here. But anyway....I digress.

Adam

Count me in too.
I'm just here for the entertainment nowdays.

2007 will be the year....

jtsiren 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 21:53:02
#163 ]
Cult Member

It is painfully obvious to any objective observer that ACK Software Controls deserves the sceptical outlook many of its customers, potential customers as well as the community public have. The hatschi list is ample evidence of this. ACK has been making too many promises they have not been able to keep, opposite examples (when they actually have delivered) are hard to find which makes it even worse. It is very likely they also should have known not to make many of those promises, they've probably been more than just over-optimistic - they probably should have known they were likely to fail but chose to make the announcements and promises nevertheless. There have also been very questionable statements that may go further than that like PowerVixxen in production... Any comment on that ACK?

It is a missed opportunity for ACK not to have taken the time here to just acknowledge this and publicly understand why people feel they way they do. The beginnings of an apology for some of his customers earlier in the thread were a good start, that would have been a great place to work from, but alas his comments have taken a different path since then. In addition to inability to deliver on promises (for whatever reason) one of the major peeves people seem to have with ACK is their communications and this just underlines the point. I guess it is very hard for ACK to act humble and eat some pie since they apparently feel they've done a lot for the community (some of which may not be publicly known), but IMHO they should rise above that and understand what they are doing is wrong no matter what the intent or what other contributions they may have done. Of course, feel free to still share whatever other contributions you make want to talk about, I know people are interested in these as well - but cleaning the other plate must also happen for healing to begin.

Having said that, I think it is good ACK has chosen to respond here and at least fairlanefastback's thread has now began to make a bit of a difference in the information flow here. I do believe fairlanefastback is applying pressure intentionally (and using some mock-naive postings to make his point), of course he is, but I also do believe he is sincere in his promise to purchase that particular product. ACK questioning that was IMHO a bad move. I personally don't see any reason to doubt fairlanefastback's sincerity on that promise, he does not have a public record of string of failures to respect announcements and thus I'm giving him a reasonable degree of benefit of the doubt like I would give anyone. It is only after a string of failures that the benefit of doubt goes away - in the case of ACK it went away for a (hatschi) list of reasons.

Just my opinion. Also, my promise made in an earlier thread to buy the entry-level ACK/Amiga board if shipping in time and reasonably as announced (details in the promise post) still of course stands, so I am very much willing and able to walk the walk in addition to the talk, provided this announcement is followed through. I'm no troll, I'm am making a genuine gesture saying that "Hey, if you can turn your ship around, no matter what happened in the past, and NOW start delivering as promised, I'll reward that." I too have a decades long history in the Amiga community and I will stand by my promise. Most people here are not to make life hard for ACK, people just want companies to treat the members of the Amiga community with respect and proper procedure. We've had enough of the opposite.

ackcontrls 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 21:53:12
#164 ]

@fairlanefastback

Fair enough, I mistook your for a troll with a hidden agenda.

Adam

jtsiren 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 21:56:15
#165 ]
Cult Member

@ackcontrls

Quote:

Great post. More of this please.

ackcontrls 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 21:59:31
#166 ]

@jorkany

Quote:
by jorkany on 17-Jul-2007 16:26:56

@ackcontrls
Quote:
A little known fact is that Eyetech nearly decided to wait for the MicroA1-I from MAI. It was August 2004 when I had met with Jason and Alan and told Jason that I would buy the 300 Teron Minis (MicroA1-C) as I felt there was a demand for them. Alan pretty much decided to take them right after that.

A bit OT, but If this is true then it pretty much dispenses with the myth that the Micro-A1 was "designed" by Eyetech, and indicates that Alan was simply buying whatever Teron-of-the-month was turning out.

The MicroA1-C was heavily influenced by Eyetech and Alan invested a lot of time and money into MAI. The MicroA1-I was the intended final product, which is the product that I worked on quite heavily with Alan. The feature set in the MicroA1-I was totally driven by Eyetech/Alan.

Adam

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 17-Jul-2007 22:21:18
#167 ]
Team Member

@ackcontrls

Quote:

ackcontrls wrote:
@fairlanefastback

Adam

Thank you.

Amiga 1200

koan 
Posted on 18-Jul-2007 1:23:25
#168 ]

@ackcontrls

Hi Adam,

You are going a bit OT now. We all welcome your input to Amiga history but there are more pressing matters to deal with.

Did you send out any boards last week ?

This is the core topic of this thread and most people are reading it because they want to know.

On another note, I would very much like to see the PowerVixxen. If you are finishing off software drivers then the hardware is complete. How about a photo ? If you are sincere about selling this as an Amiga product then a photo of completed, in production, hardware can't be too difficult, surely ?

thanks

koan

retro 
Posted on 18-Jul-2007 2:53:46
#169 ]

@koan

#### the PowerVixxen i relly hope that will adam will concentrate on the power system,

pci-e
new ram,
faster harddisk crontroler,
mean ass cpu,
i mean this system gives a lot off new stuff for the amiga scene,

i fear that iff 2 companies i selling to such a small marked it will be bad for the communaty

let acube do the cheap bord availble for us. and dont interfeare with it, so it can be as good and low coast as possible, then concentrat on the high marked,

i have siad to my self the next amiga i will bay will or shall have pci-e and fast mem or else i am not intrasted, i allready have an micro,
but iff ther will be a very low coast board availble i will, bay one thogh,to play with and then sell it to an ex amiga usser. but defentlig not use it for main system.

adam can you give us any new info about the stage of the power system
when will it come out. and when will you personal think it will run os 4.0 around out in the communaty

any status will do ?

thanks inadvance

mvh dennis

Quote:

koan wrote:
@ackcontrls

Hi Adam,

You are going a bit OT now. We all welcome your input to Amiga history but there are more pressing matters to deal with.

Did you send out any boards last week ?

This is the core topic of this thread and most people are reading it because they want to know.

On another note, I would very much like to see the PowerVixxen. If you are finishing off software drivers then the hardware is complete. How about a photo ? If you are sincere about selling this as an Amiga product then a photo of completed, in production, hardware can't be too difficult, surely ?

thanks

koan

Last edited by retro on 18-Jul-2007 at 02:54 AM.

koan 
Posted on 18-Jul-2007 3:16:21
#170 ]

@retro

Quote:
the PowerVixxen i relly hope that will adam will concentrate on the power system,

Do you mean the new Amiga hardware ?

My understanding is that the new hardware is only a design on paper; however PowerVixxen is "in production". Therefore, concentrating on new hardware is not necessary.

retro 
Posted on 18-Jul-2007 3:33:03
#171 ]

@koan

the reason i was talking about the power vixen was becuse koan was refereing to them,

anyway i do ment the lov end system that ack and amiga inc is talking about.

i only wants the power system to come out from that team,
and then #### the small system, let acube mass prduce them so there will be in the position to make it bette and more lowcoast.

personli i hope acube will make a power to system later on,
the sam is not the final solution !!!
but if there can make it for set up boxes and make em in big numbers and avail for small money i think pepole will bay one or two off them .even iff there allredady has sucht a power system,hopefully give em away and make all kind of stuff with them,iff there gonna get cheap anuff i will bay some an give em away to ex amigans i know.

my 2 cents

asian 
Posted on 18-Jul-2007 3:36:04
#172 ]

> Anything that get released.

I hope AckControls can borrow money/capital from bank or financial company (ie Kouri Capital Poland) for his business based on Amiga Inc hardware contract.

AckControls should create a professsional team, good corporate website and put a good explanation about his experience, skill, his vision, his products, schedule etc on the website. He should drop all his personal grievances about his father, divorce etc. He should keep his focus on the business.

PA-Semi plan to release 8 and 16 cores PowerPC CPU, Freescale plan to release 32 cores CPU.
IMO the above CPUs are suitable for large scale cluster / grid, similar to Parsytec PowerPC 604e Xplorer Cluster (from 1994). TAOS (a pre-cursor of Intent / Amiga DE) run on Parsytec Xplorer in 1994. I hope in the future Amiga DE will run on similar machine from AckControls.

Perhaps Amiga Inc / AckControls can mass manufacture low cost, low power, hand crank small computers for students (similar to OLPC, ASUS EEE).

Without professional team, professional website, it's difficult for AckControls to compete with Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo, Acer, Asus etc.

Cool_amigaN 
Posted on 18-Jul-2007 7:21:11
#173 ]

I was really sceptical about the topics fairlanefastback has created over the past and present in aw.net. I have even told him so in a pm (hope you remember man). Many people argued in an extremely unpolite manner. But now I see some progress. A1s are returning to their owners and Adam you finally responded thanks to fairlanefastbacks pressure . I would love to know more about the stage of your amiga projects! Finally, I hope that this thread will become a resource of information where people can ask questions and Ack answer without all these flame wars!

Samwel 
Posted on 18-Jul-2007 8:09:15
#174 ]
Elite Member

@d0c

Quote:

and ack fall under these two tos...

Troll: Trolls show no respect and deliberately crafts messages to provoke others with the intention of wasting their time and energy or just to cause anger and confusion.

Spam: Spamming the forums with senseless, inane messages to increase post count, or simply to aggravate.

this have been done by ack over many years now....... and there have not been any warnings or bans... even after people have said they send amiga hw for fix and have waited since 2004 to get it back, still nothing happen....

but when people speak their mind and get angry like glittering, they are given the warning and ban treatment very fast.... i dont think that is fair at all...

Haha you're funny!

Even if you believe he's lying you can't call it trolling because no one believes what
he's been saying anyway it seems.
Spam.. haha ACK posts very seldom and I wouldn't call his posts spam. What about
your cheering posts for glittering? Spam or not?

It's ok that glittering gets angry. It's even fair that he do counting in all the missed
dates ACK has had. But that doesn't allow him to personally attack anyone IMO.
That's where we differ in the way we see glittering's behaviour.

You don't have to explain what ACK has done (or not done). I have been here all the
time. I don't defend him if you think I do. Please reread my previous posts in this
thread again if you think so.

[SOLD] µA1-C - 750GX 800MHz - 512MB - Antec Aria case

hatschi 
Posted on 18-Jul-2007 8:16:48
#175 ]
Elite Member

@Samwel

If you see a TOS-violation, please report it, but this meta-discussion about who is trolling and who isn't etc. is only adding noise to this thread.

Crumb 
Posted on 18-Jul-2007 8:48:35
#176 ]
Elite Member

@ackcontrls

Maybe you could pay Bernd Meyer for a license to use his JIT-68k emulator for PPC. The idea of having an OS3.x compatible mode sounds great!

He planned to release the sources when OS4 final was released and maybe PowerVixxen and some money to buy flowers to his girlfriend would be an incentive to search the old CD with the sources.

Last edited by Crumb on 18-Jul-2007 at 08:50 AM.

logicalheart 
Posted on 18-Jul-2007 8:51:23
#177 ]
Cult Member

@ackcontrls

Do you feel enough personal value from the flattering promises you make?
"liar" is not a name, it's a definition.
At any time you could send back the broken boards and the money.
You could stop making false promises.

I never sent you anything.
I only read your product claims.
You missed your dates, your pictures, your products.
You said it doesn't concern us, but you know....
That's another lie.

- Lars

Last edited by logicalheart on 18-Jul-2007 at 09:16 AM.

pavlor 
Posted on 18-Jul-2007 9:39:22
#178 ]
Elite Member

@ackcontrls

Don't listen to the trolls. Continue with your work and bring us new amiga computers.

@"angry amigans"

We all are very impatient, but it isn't reason for personal attacks.

ChrisH 
Posted on 18-Jul-2007 9:40:34
#179 ]
Elite Member

@ackcontrls
Have you also mistaken me for a troll with a hidden agenda? Despite being one of very few people who didn't want to burn you at the stake for being a day late, and instead suggested waiting a week?

As for accusing most of the people here (excluding glittering & maybe d0c) of being trolls, you wouldn't be getting ANY negative comments if you actually came through on your latest round of promises (you know, Chris should expect his A1 by Tue-Wed of LAST week, etc). You are the one to blame, please don't try to pass it off on to anyone else.

@Cool_amigaN
I suspect that the suggestion of getting the police involved did more than fairlanefastback's whole thread (not that I wish to diminish his pretty good thread, despite the few personal attacks we have seen in it).

Last edited by ChrisH on 18-Jul-2007 at 09:44 AM.

hatschi 
Posted on 18-Jul-2007 9:45:53
#180 ]
Elite Member

@pavlor

Quote:
We all are very impatient, (...)

Would you call waiting **three** years for the repair of an AmigaOne board "impatient"?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle