Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
23 crawler(s) on-line.
 124 guest(s) on-line.
 2 member(s) on-line.

amigakit,  Hammer

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Hammer:  1 min ago
 amigakit:  4 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  8 mins ago
 pixie:  15 mins ago
 kolla:  19 mins ago
 Rob:  38 mins ago
 matthey:  42 mins ago
 corb0:  1 hr 8 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 9 mins ago
 RobertB:  2 hrs 42 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  ACK customer and partner experience thread going forward
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
PosterThread
Samwel 
Re: ACK customer and partner experience thread going forward
Posted on 18-Jul-2007 10:17:51
#181 ]
Elite Member

@hatschi

I have yet to press the button.. I'm not so bleedy about what is written really.
I just meant that if you read what the TOS state then most of his posts are violating it.

The moderators (and the moral police) do a fine job of finding most violations I think.

About this "meta" thingy.. Sorry but it seems it's ok to discuss some OT and not
others.. You yourself seem to have different opinion on this as you do not complain
about this on other threads when it suits you. But this OT so if you want to answer
this just PM.

@ACK

Good to see you communicating. It would be nice to see the problems with the A1
boards fixed soon so we can move on.

What we really need is when your plans change, you notify us. Not post a new plan
some months later. Information is the most important thing.

Last edited by Samwel on 18-Jul-2007 at 10:18 AM.

[SOLD] µA1-C - 750GX 800MHz - 512MB - Antec Aria case

Profile     Report this post  
Yssing 
Posted on 18-Jul-2007 10:52:52
#182 ]

@ACK

It the PV is will be able to run OS3.x then that wpuld be great, but please, then just release it soon.
I for one would try and hunt down an a1200 a get the PV then... :)

ChrisH 
Posted on 18-Jul-2007 10:53:03
#183 ]
Elite Member

@Samwel
I agree, one of the worst thing's ACK does is change his plans without telling us - and then when he announces new plans many months later, a lot of people feel burned because he broke his previous plans/promises (that they were relying on) without telling them.

BTW, if anyone thinks my posts are two-faced or schizophrenic, because sometimes I make posts like this, despite making clear elsewhere that I do not believe in ACK, then they misunderstand me: I hope that ACK will prove my scepticism wrong, and therefore I sometimes make constructive posts that assumes he will do so. My public scepticism of ACK is simply my way of challenging ACK to disprove me.

Hondo 
Posted on 18-Jul-2007 17:55:24
#184 ]

@ACK uncontrols

you're making the same mistake that the twin brothers did, by participating in mudslinging and "under the belt" discussions. None of you seemed to understand that the only reason people acted badly, was because they were seriously unhappy with the situation. But perhaps the twins has learned it, because they dont go there anymore, and just works on with their stuff.

But they never promised anything, or made far out announcents like you do. So the mudslinging is self-inflicted, but you're just too arrogant and self-occupied to see it! All we want man is a damn photo or some kind words from you, but it seems like you only reads the troll posts.......and the trolls seems to be more and more in numbers right?. Well thats because the entire situation with many years of waiting, can't bear unfulfilled announcements like you have done many times.

Please try and see it from the eyes of the common Amigoid, who knows nothing than what he can see and feel.

edit: more typos than usually

Last edited by Hondo_DK on 18-Jul-2007 at 06:44 PM.
Last edited by Hondo_DK on 18-Jul-2007 at 06:43 PM.
Last edited by Hondo_DK on 18-Jul-2007 at 05:57 PM.
Last edited by Hondo_DK on 18-Jul-2007 at 05:56 PM.

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 18-Jul-2007 19:50:34
#185 ]
Team Member

@ackcontrls

Quote:

koan wrote:
@ackcontrls
On another note, I would very much like to see the PowerVixxen. If you are finishing off software drivers then the hardware is complete. How about a photo ? If you are sincere about selling this as an Amiga product then a photo of completed, in production, hardware can't be too difficult, surely ?

thanks

koan

I'm curious for info on what are the hardware specs on the completed PowerVixxen units?

This was a listing from 2005 from a third party source that did an interview at the time:

MPC 5200 @ 400-466MHz
512Mb Ram onboard the card
ATA/IDE Interface
100 Mbit Ethernet
USB 1.1
AC97 audio CODEC (automatically integrated with Paula)
Graphics Mini PCI-slot
Works in a standard A1200 desktop
Accessories that will replace the A1200-motherboard for "stand alone" functionality

above from http://safir.amigaos.se/article_ack_eng.html

I have a 1200 so I'm interested in cards for it as well. Just curious if the specs have changed and if so, to what?

Last edited by fairlanefastback on 18-Jul-2007 at 07:57 PM.

Amiga 1200

d0c 
Posted on 18-Jul-2007 20:10:00
#186 ]
Cult Member

@Hondo_DK

you just hit the hot spot there mr hondo, i agree with you 100%.....

ChrisH 
Posted on 18-Jul-2007 21:55:18
#187 ]
Elite Member

I am also hoping to hear whether Chris (AmigaAbbatoir) or Ivan or KneeDeep have received their AmigaOne yet, or at least a tracking number?

It's now WELL past my personal deadline of 1 week delay for Chris's board, and coming-up on those others too. The silence is strongly suggestive of a negative result, and if no-one has posted anything positive tomorrow, then I'm going to assume nothing has been recieved from ACK

ackcontrls 
Posted on 18-Jul-2007 23:16:58
#188 ]

@ChrisH

Christopher Kossa has his tracking number, if he's checked his email. Finishing packing up Ivan's machine for shipment tomorrow. Goood chance kneedeeps will go out as well.

Adam

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 18-Jul-2007 23:20:13
#189 ]
Team Member

@ackcontrls

Quote:

ackcontrls wrote:
@ChrisH

Christopher Kossa has his tracking number, if he's checked his email. Finishing packing up Ivan's machine for shipment tomorrow. Goood chance kneedeeps will go out as well.

Adam

Good stuff.

Amiga 1200

retro 
Posted on 18-Jul-2007 23:28:35
#190 ]

@ackcontrls

info on power system ??

please !!!

#### the a1 issue
Quote:

ackcontrls wrote:
@ChrisH

Adam

hatschi 
Posted on 18-Jul-2007 23:34:43
#191 ]
Elite Member

@retro

Quote:

retro wrote:
@ackcontrls

info on power system ??

please !!!

What kind of info are you expecting? That they will release it tomorrow despite the ongoing lawsuit?

terminator3 
Posted on 18-Jul-2007 23:35:46
#192 ]

@retro

Dude, come on. No more announcements/hardware specs.
let him do the work. Once its "physically" brewed let him make announcement with photos and full specs. See I think A community has no one but themselves too blame... so desperate for any news...

Boot_WB 
Posted on 18-Jul-2007 23:44:26
#193 ]

@ackcontrls

Glad to see things moving in a positive direction. Thanks for communicating. It must be quite a relief to close off these long-standing issues, and I'm sure it will also be a relief for the A1 owners who will get their boards back.

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 19-Jul-2007 0:06:16
#194 ]
Team Member

@retro

Quote:

retro wrote:
#### the a1 issue

Not sure why you are so against hearing the good news on "the a1 issue" (or caring). But that aside ACK is now not only enabling three A1s to be back in service which is great in and of itself but it also will be allowing someone like Ivan to do more for the community in general again:

Quote:
Ivan wrote:
I was maintaining Daimonin (fun game) for os4 when this happened and was almost finished getting fuhquake compiled too (played it for months on the amiga, but im lazy and never finished up once i had it all working). There are alot of freeware games out there i could have ported by now.
(Quote from another thread:
http://tinyurl.com/yprhb9 )

So there is a cascading positive effect from this.

That said I'm as eager as you are to get any glimpses we can into what the company is trying to bring to market. I'm hoping that there has been an opportunity here to see that the community wants to rally around ACK as a company as much as it rallied around community members that were in need of our support. And assuming the PowerVixxen price point is reasonable when finalized I will also further extend my promise of financially supporting its efforts by purchasing a PowerVixxen card should it come out ahead of new ACK Amigas from the partnership with Amiga, Inc.

Perhaps others can join with me in showing the level of interest in support of ACK stating an intention to buy if the means are there for you? If buying a PowerVixxen now/soon can help fund work on these new Amigas its a good cause to help with if one can I think.

Last edited by fairlanefastback on 19-Jul-2007 at 12:10 AM.
Last edited by fairlanefastback on 19-Jul-2007 at 12:06 AM.

Amiga 1200

AmigaAbattoir 
Posted on 19-Jul-2007 3:10:52
#195 ]

@ChrisH

Quote:

ChrisH wrote:
I am also hoping to hear whether Chris (AmigaAbbatoir) or Ivan or KneeDeep have received their AmigaOne yet, or at least a tracking number?

Boy was I surprised when I got home, late from work and finally checked my e-mail.

Yes, I actually received a tracking number! And it is expected to arrive this Friday.

ChrisH 
Posted on 19-Jul-2007 9:07:58
#196 ]
Elite Member

@ackcontrls who said Quote:

Good news, but why has it taken you 11+ days to do what you said???.

I was going to say some negative things, but I don't want to sour what will hopefully be a positive moment for those who have been without their AmigaOnes for 1-3 years.

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 19-Jul-2007 14:18:45
#197 ]
Team Member

@AmigaAbattoir

Quote:

AmigaAbattoir wrote:
@ChrisH

Quote:

ChrisH wrote:

Boy was I surprised when I got home, late from work and finally checked my e-mail.

Yes, I actually received a tracking number! And it is expected to arrive this Friday.

Thats great. If you don't mind please let us know if the repair work was successful. Hope all goes well with it.

Amiga 1200

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 19-Jul-2007 14:48:39
#198 ]
Team Member

@ChrisH

Quote:

ChrisH wrote:
@ackcontrls who said Quote:

Good news, but why has it taken you 11+ days to do what you said???.

I was going to say some negative things, but I don't want to sour what will hopefully be a positive moment for those who have been without their AmigaOnes for 1-3 years.

Yes I think basking a bit in a positive being accomplished is whats more in order at this time. While the promise was fulfilled late, it appears its been done, at least for one of the three so far. And I get a feeling in my gut the other two will get their stuff this time around. So perhaps we can take the tact now instead of suggesting some other older promises be perhaps kept from hatschi's list. Things that could be of mutual benefit to ACK as a firm to fulfill now. It'd be great if this positive could be built on with even more positives.

And from a point of fair balance if we get reports these three machines are working I think it would be nice if those positive accomplishments, along perhaps with the other two machine repairs we heard about from the past could be added to hatschi's list?

Last edited by fairlanefastback on 19-Jul-2007 at 02:51 PM.

Amiga 1200

AmigaAbattoir 
Posted on 22-Jul-2007 0:21:12
#199 ]

@fairlanefastback

Quote:

fairlanefastback wrote:
@AmigaAbattoir

Quote:
I was thinking of doing this, probably next week since I have a lot of person business to attend to. I already had filed a complaint with the BBB about ACK Controlls.

Well good luck, I hope the other resource helps if ACK does not act by next week. Did the BBB let you know where your complaint was listed if anywhere? It would be interesting to see if any other complaints are listed on a BBB website somewhere in regard to this vendor.

I got the board back Friday and it did turn on! Now I just have to find a hard drive and CD-ROM drive to install OS 4, since the previous ones had been used in other computers.

The BBB did not have any other complaints. Now that I actually got back the board, I will send notice to the BBB that the issues was finally resolved. I believe the complaint stays on record for 3 years.

Boot_WB 
Posted on 22-Jul-2007 0:53:04
#200 ]

@AmigaAbattoir

Congratulations

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle