Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
13 crawler(s) on-line.
 96 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 matthey:  10 mins ago
 amigakit:  24 mins ago
 Hypex:  48 mins ago
 1Mouse:  58 mins ago
 Allanon:  1 hr 3 mins ago
 Rob:  1 hr 10 mins ago
 VooDoo:  1 hr 22 mins ago
 Mr_Capehill:  1 hr 27 mins ago
 outlawal2:  1 hr 54 mins ago
 kiFla:  2 hrs 40 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  ACK customer and partner experience thread going forward
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
PosterThread
ChrisH 
Re: ACK customer and partner experience thread going forward
Posted on 24-Sep-2007 20:56:27
#401 ]
Elite Member

@Jupp3
Just remember, Adam isn't showing us any pictures, just to spite his critics & prove them ... errr ... right? (edit: removed unnecessary comments, which might have been slightly over the line of acceptability)

(edit #2: In fact, I shall try to abstain from commenting on the ACK situation further - at least until something new is said or happens. As it currently stands, I think that I've said everything that I could possibly say on the subject.)

Last edited by ChrisH on 27-Sep-2007 at 03:45 PM.
Last edited by ChrisH on 27-Sep-2007 at 03:34 PM.
Last edited by ChrisH on 24-Sep-2007 at 08:59 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
fairlanefastback 
Posted on 3-Oct-2007 16:35:38
#402 ]
Team Member

@Kneedeep

Since Amiga has now said:

Quote:
and yes, this new hardware is being delayed because OS 4.0 is needed to complete the package and to resolve certain technical issues.

I would hope that your board repair/return could be concentrated on. Any new word from ACK?

Amiga 1200

Kneedeep 
Posted on 4-Oct-2007 1:55:15
#403 ]

@fairlanefastback

Quote:
I would hope that your board repair/return could be concentrated on. Any new word from ACK?

I am waiting for an open Letter from Ackcontrols...

Oh, no I have not received my board.

Tomas 
Posted on 21-Oct-2007 14:15:13
#404 ]
Elite Member

@Kneedeep
I am too lazy to read the entire thread, but did he say he shipped it yet?

Akiko 
Posted on 21-Oct-2007 14:22:03
#405 ]
Cult Member

@Tomas

He's busy printing the manuals while we speak

No not really ofcourse

CD32/ FMV Module

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 31-Oct-2007 20:07:00
#406 ]
Team Member

@Kneedeep

Quote:

Kneedeep wrote:
@fairlanefastback

Quote:

I am waiting for an open Letter from Ackcontrols...

Oh, no I have not received my board.

Well its been almost another month. Any luck?

Amiga 1200

jtsiren 
Posted on 9-Nov-2007 9:01:26
#407 ]
Cult Member

I haven't been following this for a while.

Did anything ever happen with ACK? Any news on the products announced for summer? All broken machines returned?

ChrisH 
Posted on 9-Nov-2007 9:07:09
#408 ]
Elite Member

@jtsiren
No change in situation AFAIK, so draw your own conclusions...

Last edited by ChrisH on 09-Nov-2007 at 09:07 AM.

Cool_amigaN 
Posted on 9-Nov-2007 9:42:25
#409 ]

@all

Why ACK should make the announcement about the new machines and not Amiga Inc?

We should adress a letter to Bill McEwen and not ACK!

jtsiren 
Posted on 9-Nov-2007 9:53:19
#410 ]
Cult Member

@Cool_amigaN

But it was ACK who came online here and told us we shouldn't doubt him, that these new machines are just going to happen or something to that effect. He was very clear and he hasn't withdrawn these statements as far as I know.

Since there have been multiple threads about this, I thought I'd ask here because I may have missed something.

glittering 
Posted on 9-Nov-2007 9:55:25
#411 ]

Quote:
No change in situation AFAIK, so draw your own conclusions...

Delivered nothing, stolen from amiga users and lied time and time again. He truly is a piece of work. One positive thing though, he will have to purchase bog roll from now on.

Cool_amigaN 
Posted on 9-Nov-2007 11:08:07
#412 ]

@jtsiren

I think that if Nintendo or any other company with self respect had any problem with their hardware vendor (e.g delays) they would go out in public and adress a letter that would have their signatures on it or make a joint press release. Not the hardware vendor alone (ACK).

These computers are supposed to have the "official" Amiga mark on them. Where is Amiga to explain the delay? We have only an answer from Mr. McEwen that the products are in hibernation from what I 've understand because of the lack of OS4.

But do they exist even as a prototype? Why not ask Amiga direct?

Last edited by Cool_amigaN on 09-Nov-2007 at 11:12 AM.

jtsiren 
Posted on 9-Nov-2007 11:34:45
#413 ]
Cult Member

@Cool_amigaN

Quote:
I think that if Nintendo or any other company with self respect had any problem with their hardware vendor (e.g delays) they would go out in public and adress a letter that would have their signatures on it or make a joint press release. Not the hardware vendor alone (ACK).

I'm too smart nowadays to have THAT conversation again.

Either way, I'm interested in ACK hardware and service news from directly or via Amiga or whatever. Apparently nothing new is available, so for the moment that is that.

mike 
Posted on 9-Nov-2007 15:10:02
#414 ]

What to say,

I'll give more credibility to this guy for the time being

"My name is JOHN HUDSON, i am the operations manager of Continental Bank Benin, Cotonou headquaters Republic of Benin. I got your information when i was searching for an oversea partner among other names. I write you this proposal in good faith; I am 52 years old an Ethiopian white based in Benin Republic, married with two lovely kids.

I have a very important business which i would like to execute with you which involves some reasonable amount of cash, i have packaged a financial transaction that will benefit you and I, as the OPS manager in this bank it is my duty to send in a financial report to my headmen office in Potonovo at the end of each business year. On the course of the last year 2006 business report, I discovered that we made three million five hundred thousand pounds (3.5m)GBPS) which my head office and no single staff are not aware of and will never be aware of since i have wisely arranged and blinded the files. I have placed this funds on what we call escrow call account with no beneficiary.

As an officer of this bank I cannot be directly connected to this money, so my aim of contacting you is to assist me receive this money in your bank account and get 30% of the total funds as commission.
"

⎛☮ໄ
ﮑὠՀ
Couldn't care less what other people think, seeing that there's concrete evidence they don't.

jtsiren 
Posted on 10-Nov-2007 11:45:34
#415 ]
Cult Member

@mike

Thanks for the message. I just sent all my money to JOHN HUDSON.

I no longer have the cash for the ACK board, damn it! But when I get my 30%... count me in!

ChrisH 
Posted on 10-Nov-2007 12:07:22
#416 ]
Elite Member

@jtsiren
I would certainly like to know what explanation ACK's appologists (you know who you are) give for the 4 month delay (and counting) in returning Kneedeep's A1 board and also (presumably) paying Jens Schoenfeld for his connectors. Never mind that he's had Kneedeep's board for a lot longer than 4 months.

I'm not going to rehash my arguments (already done to the death as I previously said), but I'd genuinely be interested in how anyone is still able to believe in ACK.

redfox 
Posted on 10-Nov-2007 18:05:01
#417 ]
Elite Member

@ChrisH

What? This mess with Kneedeep's board has not been resolved yet?

---
redfox

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 10-Nov-2007 18:17:30
#418 ]
Team Member

@ChrisH

Quote:
I would certainly like to know what explanation ACK's appologists (you know who you are) give for the 4 month delay (and counting) in returning Kneedeep's A1 board and also (presumably) paying Jens Schoenfeld for his connectors. Never mind that he's had Kneedeep's board for a lot longer than 4 months.

The same junk I'm sure, sadly.

Amiga 1200

glittering 
Posted on 10-Nov-2007 19:09:17
#419 ]

Original post:

Quote:
Quote:
No, the guy is just a lying thieving piece of filth, what has this guy got to do before his fan base becomes non existence?. Amigaworlds staff should be ashamed of themselves for allowing a thief to use this site for criminal activities.

Why bother scamming on ebay when amigaworld.net is here for the taking.

Edit after the original got temporarily removed:

Quote:
I was only questioning why a known thief is allowed to stay on amigaworld but must have touched a raw nerve and exposed more than adam.

I'm leaving these here in all their glory for everyone to see an example of what the staff considers to be unacceptable behaviour in a public forum. -Zardoz

Last edited by Zardoz on 10-Nov-2007 at 09:39 PM.
Last edited by Zardoz on 10-Nov-2007 at 09:38 PM.
Last edited by Zardoz on 10-Nov-2007 at 09:38 PM.
Last edited by glittering on 10-Nov-2007 at 07:50 PM.
Last edited by Zardoz on 10-Nov-2007 at 07:23 PM.

Zardoz 
Posted on 10-Nov-2007 21:31:34
#420 ]
Team Member

@glittering

Ok, since you want to play this game, there goes. To participate in this forum, you need to abide by the terms of service of this site. So far you have failed to do so quite spectacularly. Since you do not seem to have read the TOS, here's the parts you've breached just now.

Quote:
Requests from our staff: At any time, if a moderator or administrator makes a request of a user, that user is expected to follow the instructions. We rarely, if ever, challenge our users to do something (usually this has to do with an inappropriate avatar or some sort of aberrant behaviour). However, when it does happen, we expect it to be followed; participate in this site, and you participate in it as a privilege, not a right. You may always PM an administrator or the webmaster to ask questions or file a complaint. However, I place great faith and trust in my staff to do the right thing. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Quote:
Flame/Attacks: Do not flame! Flaming refers to derogatory, abusive, threatening, sarcastic, rude, or otherwise mean-spirited messages directed at members/users. Be cautious when using sarcasm and humour. Without facial expressions and tone of voice, they do not translate easily over the Internet in posts and may be perceived as flaming. Report the flame posts immediately to an Amigaworld Team Member so that the situation can be dealt with immediately. A warning may be issued depending on the severity of flame/attacks.

Quote:
Troll: Trolls show no respect for other people's opinions and deliberately crafts messages to provoke others with the intention of wasting their time and energy or just to cause anger and confrontations. There is no point in arguing with them; their minds are made up. Ignore them, and report the posts immediately to an Amigaworld Team Member. Repeat offenders may incur an instant banned.

Quote:
Site Netiquette: We share one common ground, we are all Amiga users! Respect other opinions, even though you may not agree. Everyone is entitled to their say, but please do so in a courteous manner. Off-topic posts will be moved to the proper forum, and further action may be taken against repeat offenders.

It's easy to flame someone if you disagree, but remember, that type of behaviour is strictly prohibited. We come from different locations, we are a mix of ages, and our backgrounds vary. Take that into consideration before you click the post button. A moment of thought is better than hours of grief. The general rule of thumb is treat others as you would like to be treated.

For all the above, you are hereby now restricted for 180 days, the maximum allowed considering that your previous restriction was 90 days, according to the following:

Quote:
Disciplinary procedure: The staff may issue a warning, ban or account termination if they believe, in their sole discretion, that you have violated any of the terms of this TOS, or that you have engaged in any behavior that the staff believes, in their sole discretion, is harmful to the operation of Amigaworld.net.

The disciplinary procedure for violation of the TOS is as follows. (note: some offences may warrant an instant ban or termination, where this is the case it will be indicated in the TOS below)

1. Warning
2. Final warning
3. 1st ban 7 to 14 days
4. 2nd ban 30 to 90 days
5. 3rd ban 180 days
6. Account termination

The next time you breach the TOS, your account will permanently be terminated.

You may want to read this:

Quote:
Moderation: A moderators say is final. When a moderation decision is made the moderator will document why either in private message or at the place where moderation occurred. This in most cases will be accompanied by reference to which Terms Of Service have been broken. Moderators are allowed to use their discretion in interpretation of the Terms Of Service and operate outside of the Terms Of Service where they see a need to intervene. Where you disagree, or feel unfairness is an issue, see Ajudication.

Of course, the process of adjudication is open for you, if you think that I have in any way acted in a way that you deem to be unfair.

Quote:
Adjudication: Whilst AmigaWorld.net moderation tries to be fair and balanced sometimes errors can occur. If you disagree with a specific instance where you have been moderated then please put your complaint to the Webmaster, an Administrator or another moderator for consideration and possible action. Arguments about specific moderation incidents are not tolerated on the public forum, use the adjudication process open to you.

I think that that's all for now. And to consider that I outright dislike Ack...

Last edited by Zardoz on 10-Nov-2007 at 09:44 PM.
Last edited by Zardoz on 10-Nov-2007 at 09:42 PM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle