Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
10 crawler(s) on-line.
 106 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 OlafS25:  7 mins ago
 kolla:  8 mins ago
 amigakit:  8 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  11 mins ago
 Gunnar:  49 mins ago
 Frank:  56 mins ago
 MickJT:  1 hr 35 mins ago
 A1200:  1 hr 58 mins ago
 outlawal2:  2 hrs 33 mins ago
 AndreasM:  2 hrs 35 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Hardware
      /  Project Moana Files
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
PosterThread
RedMelons 
Re: Project Moana Files
Posted on 1-Jan-2008 13:37:41
#201 ]

@Zardoz
Quote:
100s of 1000s of 1.5GHz Mac Minis (Mac Minis of the right firmware and revision) exist. Are they out for sale? They will be.

Apple Mac Mini G4 (Not intel) Late 2005 model. This is the 'silent upgrade' version

7 bids so far - I bet they're all amiga forum users

Profile     Report this post  
Raffaele 
Posted on 1-Jan-2008 15:01:51
#202 ]

@ferrels

Quote:

ferrels wrote:
Based on his rantings, I'm starting to think that Rafaelle is just an employee of Acube or at least someone with a financial interest in Acube.

First: My name it is Raffaele, not rafaelle... Male, not female...

Perhaps I could be also an upset italian, who saw himeslf being underscrimined for the fact of being just italian?

People here in amigaland even do not believe we italians were enough smart to find a Macintosh model starting our searches from the mad clues by a lame pirate Amigamac... Phweh... How bad...

Also Do I have the right to make advocacy of my country and of an italian firm who worked tirelessly and honestly trying to resurrect the Amiga market?

They delivered all their promises...

Tell me what did other guys, perhaps from Poland, or Canada? Perhaps made they more than ACube?

Quote:

If Acube has been working on an OS4 loader for the SAM440 and if someone comes up with a loader that works on the MacMini, then it would definitely cut into their hardware business. I know I'd certainly buy a complete MacMini rather than just a SAM440 motherboard. I'm sure the MacMini would be cheaper as well. He keeps insisting that only Acube has the resources and knowledge to come up with a working loader and other irrelevant mish-mash.

So let me see...

You are stating that ACube had Moana but they just canceled the loader project just to sell their Sam440EP?

Or you are claiming that they are attempting to wipe out third party lader, which was realized by the ignote coder?

I don't know what you are smoking, but it should be strong "tobacco" stuff...

Don't you know that ACube already sells Sam440 as a linux Machine? Amiga market it is not the core business for Samantha...

Samantha it is aimed a the embedded market...

But they made also it Amiga-READY...

And we must thanks ACube every day for the fact that they never forgot an eye to Amiga Market...

But as honest persons they are waiting for the court trial to finish to ask again any license to run AmigaOS on Samantha...

And also as far as we italian Amigans understood fom the past italian forums discussion... about project Moana, they stopped anything...

They just were waiting with patience, waiting for someone who will win the court trial and obtain the whole Amiga IP, so they could starting again their valzer dance of encounters and agreemets with the owners of IP to obtain a license to run AmigaOS on their machine...

(literally Amiga hardware and software firms must make some dances, and their representatives are ruining their livers, in order to reach agreements to obtain licenses)

And perhaps you seems to agree with the opportunity to have AmigaOS on Macintosh even if means to run stolen code?

Do you know that this piracy could sign the word "END" to any loader coming from any Amiga side?

Quote:

I wish he would either go away or keep the thread on topic. When/if someone comes up with a loader that allows me to install OS4 on a MacMini, then I will take the plunge, buy a copy of OS4 and a MacMini. All this talk about piracy and thievery is just smoke and mirrors.

I can't believe it... Your thoughts are tortuous and full of innuendo...

You are claiming statements without having any proofs...

First we must proof if that loader was not just showing fake screens, or if it was stolen from Vallinotto working by himeslf or under contract for ACube who want to create a loader ready to be put on the market, or if that loader it is code from an external software guru who used some patches from ancient AmigaOS SDK files...

Last edited by Raffaele on 01-Jan-2008 at 03:11 PM.
Last edited by Raffaele on 01-Jan-2008 at 03:08 PM.

Raffaele 
Posted on 1-Jan-2008 15:05:39
#203 ]

@Zardoz

Quote:

Zardoz wrote:
@sgm

[quote] I just think that Raffaele is being obnoxious, as if people have attacked his national identity.

And did not they?

They compared me with some capitan Mandolino Corelli from the comedy of art...

I have all the rights to being upset...

Quote:

Zardoz wrote:

Ok, I'd missed that. Not to say that I think that justifies Raffaele's behaviour.

And perhaps I never used offensive language... Only sarcastic comments... Tsk...

Last edited by Raffaele on 01-Jan-2008 at 03:07 PM.

Nibunnoichi 
Posted on 1-Jan-2008 15:41:47
#204 ]
Cult Member

@Raffaele

For God's love, please stop this nonsense, or at least speak for yourself and not on behalf of "the Italians", i don't want to be ridiculously represented by you, and nobody has entitled you to do so IIRC.

Quote:
Also Do I have the right to make advocacy of my country

No, you don't, especially since nobody is attacking us, AFAIK.

Last edited by Nibunnoichi on 01-Jan-2008 at 03:42 PM.

Zardoz 
Posted on 1-Jan-2008 15:48:40
#205 ]
Team Member

@Raffaele

Quote:
And did not they?

And of course, calling *you* a comedian means that they are calling all Italians comedians...?!

Quote:

I have all the rights to being upset...

... and?! They've compared me with worse. Why exactly is that so insulting to start with?

Quote:
And perhaps I never used offensive language... Only sarcastic comments... Tsk...

There's quite a big difference between light hearted sublime sarcasm and being plainly rude.

Last edited by Zardoz on 01-Jan-2008 at 03:50 PM.

meet.mrnrg 
Posted on 1-Jan-2008 15:53:41
#206 ]

@Everyone.

---Moderate---WARNING---
Please don't bring illegal substances into the equation, thats flaming. Its also slanderous and demeaning. In this case its private business.

Basically I will say, If the owners, makes a proper formal announcement, "That they don't want the software distributed". For whatever reason, and you download and use it beyond, "I would say to be fair 30 days", in total. Then your a criminal, in the context of International Copyright Law.

I will extend to say, "If you feel your rights are being violated", and you would like to install this copyrighted software then.
A) Send money for example $100.00 to AInc
B) Make sure you have a licensed copy of Amiga OS 4.0 Classic or Other
C) Try to send money $100 to the original owner of the program.

If you have difficulties in doing A && B && C, then there is something wrong, and probably illegal going on.

Thats my money's worth of comments.

PS: NY Tip Mac Mini G4 1. 2Ghz systems have an older ROM, than the one displaying on the video. The video is also suspect, and probably fake. So buyers and testers be ware. Especially unlawful ones.

Last edited by meet.mrnrg on 01-Jan-2008 at 03:57 PM.

Zardoz 
Posted on 1-Jan-2008 15:59:13
#207 ]
Team Member

@meet.mrnrg

Quote:
The video is also suspect and probably fake so buyers and testers be ware. Especially unlawful ones.

I have no reason to believe it is fake, especially considering the source. But it has already been confirmed that it's pretty useless, the port is a proof of concept and the kernel crashes after a few minutes.

Quote:
NY Tip Mac Mini G4 1. 2Ghz systems have an older ROM than the one displaying on the video.

The one in the video is the 1.5GHz model, AFAIK, the last Mini made.

DBAlex 
Posted on 1-Jan-2008 16:00:01
#208 ]
Cult Member

@meet.mrnrg

I am the creator of the video and I can assure you it isn't fake... Didn't you see the Open Firmware screen? [Black on White Text Screen]

Ugh, believe what you want but I assure you I did boot the OS4 kernel, whether this loader is any more useful and can do anything else I guess is yet to be seen, and its something that I won't be partaking in.

Alex.

_ThEcRoW 
Posted on 1-Jan-2008 16:40:17
#209 ]
Cult Member

@DBAlex

Can anyone put the video on youtube? The current video on youtube isn't working
It keeps loading all the time withouth showing anything.

Mac Mini G4 1GB Ram with the butterfly!!

meet.mrnrg 
Posted on 1-Jan-2008 16:43:15
#210 ]

@DBAlex

Thats ok DBAlex. We just need to test and verify. It would be un-kind if lots of people spent money on MacMini with the intention of using Amiga OS4 and then find its not stable.

If a few people willing to gamble test this scene and market first and provide positive feedback, including being morally sound then we can push forward.

Eventually it should be possible to have a Boot Loader that simulates, PPC and other drivers in a VM (Viritualized System).

If you can make a second DEMO an have all lights in the room turned on the entire duration of the clip and manually re-connect the wires to the MacMini before the TESTING. Post that video than the would be great. Its like an advert sometimes slightly different but being played over and over again.

Thanks,

Zardoz 
Posted on 1-Jan-2008 16:46:21
#211 ]
Team Member

@meet.mrnrg

Quote:
If you can make a second DEMO an have all lights in the room turned on the entire duration of the clip and manually re-connect the wires to the MacMini before the TESTING. Post that video than the would be great. Its like an advert sometimes slightly different but being played over and over again.

To be honest, why would he want to? Either you believe him or you don't, I don't think he should bother.

TheDaddy 
Posted on 1-Jan-2008 17:09:34
#212 ]
Elite Member

@Zardoz

It might be time to lock this thread, I believe it's degenerating and upsetting a few people. It looks like Raffaele might have been offended by someone about "Italians not being able to make OS4 work on a mac mini" but there is no need to turn sour, especially here.

If Raffaele has a problem with anyone on this forum he should contact an admin, if not please Raffaele calm down. No one is saying anything against Italians, especially here, a forum where people like ACube and so on are highly regarded, unless I have missed something.

If there is such thing as the OS4 running on a mac mini and it is LEGAL then happiness all around otherwise I don't see the point in continuing this discussion.

Just my opinion.

damocles 
Posted on 1-Jan-2008 17:19:17
#213 ]

@meet.mrnrg

Quote:
Thats ok DBAlex. We just need to test and verify. It would be un-kind if lots of people spent money on MacMini with the intention of using Amiga OS4 and then find its not stable.

How many A1 owners are going to do this? I can't see it's going to be "lots" unless your talking about Pirates.

Dammy

Kotler 
Posted on 1-Jan-2008 17:33:04
#214 ]

@DBAlex

Judging by the look of the video, it booted as far as to the 'Insert Diskette' point.
Hypothecially, if copying the complete OS4.0 classic CD into the right places,
it would boot into the OS. Just maybe, of course... There may be a lot of missing
files...

TheDaddy 
Posted on 2-Jan-2008 15:36:47
#215 ]
Elite Member

@Kotler

Is this the video? Sorry if it has been posted already...

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=34vtuSFw97Q

How sure can we be? A fake?

ChrisH 
Posted on 2-Jan-2008 18:09:07
#216 ]
Elite Member

@Raffaele Quote:
People here in amigaland even do not believe we italians were enough smart to ...

Who said that? No-one that I ever saw...

Quote:

That was *after* you got over excited about Italians being 'repressed' or looked down on. And it was being used to point out that your behaviour was not dignifying your country of origin.

If you are willing to accept any advice, here is mine: Before posting any replies, please take a deep breath, hold it in for 10 seconds, then slowly breath out, then go make a tea or coffee, and after 10 minutes if you still feel the need to post a reply then do so. And when you reply, please try to keep it short (say a few lines per point you are trying to make), or people may think you are ranting, especially if you wish people to read everything you say (I skip long posts).

wegster 
Posted on 2-Jan-2008 18:13:50
#217 ]
Elite Member

@thread

Ok, guys..I asked Raffaelle to get off of his Italian kick, and have come very close to simply deleting his posts after that point. I completely understand others frustrations with him, and share in them, but please - the subject is the Moana leaked ISO, not Raffaelle, the Italians, or anything else.

Let's keep it at least somewhat on topic.

@Raffaelle - any further ramblings NOT directly associated with Moana/OS4 on Macs will be removed without further warning. If you feel affronted by someone, then please use the Abuse Report button rather than continuing this, and Staff will determine whether or not processing it or further actions are warranted.

AV has sent me another PM, which I will not share here, other than to say that Staff have not reached a definite decision regarding this thread as of yet.

TheDaddy 
Posted on 2-Jan-2008 20:10:39
#218 ]
Elite Member

@wegster

I finally know the entire story about Raffaele, the Moana leaked project and OS4 on mac mini after reading four different fora in English and Italian.

In a very short summary (I may omit a few parts to slim it down) this is what happened:

Italian developer has laptop stolen, on this there was work on Moana (OS4 on mac mini project).

Someone, I am not going to name anyone, decided to "gift" it to the community, quite possibly against copyright laws (this is pretty much established).

On another forum, where Raffaele posts, he got replied to in a not very polite and anti-Italian way (something on the lines of no Italian could make this happen or some c.rap like that), again I am not going to name anyone and Raffaele got it personally.

Raffaele, who hadn't slept for days, probably over excited by this OS4 on mac mini chance to see if anyone could make it work, lost it and defended himself in sometimes annoying sometimes hilarious ways.

I for once wouldn't condemn him, I can hardly find him offensive on the other hand quite funny and I admire his passion for this community and the Amiga.

All this happened on top of a recent personal tragedy for Raffaele which mustn't have helped his feelings/sense of humour and mental wellbeing.

Sorry about your loss Raffaele, it must be hard.

Sure he lost it a bit but something must have started him...

Anyway, back on the thread...I am still not quite sure that OS4 on mac mini is that interesting. Granted it's an exciting opportunity, this would double if not quadruple OS4 sales, but if it's not legal then I can't see the fuss.

Just my opinion.

Last edited by TheDaddy on 02-Jan-2008 at 08:13 PM.
Last edited by TheDaddy on 02-Jan-2008 at 08:12 PM.

fjudde 
Posted on 2-Jan-2008 20:52:04
#219 ]

@wegster

Quote:
I asked Raffaelle to ...
Quote:
...not Raffaelle, the Italians, or anything else.
Quote:
@Raffaelle - any further ramblings ...

Remove one "l" and "Raffaele" it becomes.

wegster 
Posted on 2-Jan-2008 21:03:00
#220 ]
Elite Member

@fjudde
Oops, typos, sorry 'bout that, wasn't intentional.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle