Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
20 crawler(s) on-line.
 163 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 pixie:  13 mins ago
 CosmosUnivers:  36 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  1 hr 5 mins ago
 AmigaPapst:  1 hr 5 mins ago
 RobertB:  1 hr 10 mins ago
 jPV:  1 hr 24 mins ago
 ppcamiga1:  1 hr 30 mins ago
 matthey:  3 hrs 14 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  4 hrs 13 mins ago
 djnick:  4 hrs 33 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Hardware
      /  Project Moana Files
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
PosterThread
TheDaddy 
Re: Project Moana Files
Posted on 4-Jan-2008 12:33:33
#241 ]
Elite Member

@ferrels

>>Don't get me wrong. I hope Acube succeeds.

I do as well otherwise it's another company gone bust for the Amiga.

>>But it's wrong to say that a SAM 440 PPC is part of the Amiga market. It doesn't run any form of AmigaOS and most likely will never run OS4 because of all the legal issues. It's a fine Linux board, that's all.

Until ACube get a licence for it I will have to agree with you on that.

>>And anyone who can use PriceWatch.com can find a motherboard with the same specifications as the SAM at a better price. So if you're looking for a PPC solution, just buy a second-hand Mac complete with case, monitor, keyboard and harddrive. Geeks.com was selling complete G-4 systems comparable in specs to the SAM for around $400US several months ago.

I am off to pricewatch.com

>>When Acube can sell copies of Moana along with OS4, I'll buy you that beer.

I'll count on it.

Profile     Report this post  
Tigger 
Posted on 4-Jan-2008 14:23:34
#242 ]
Elite Member

@Insanity

Quote:

Insanity wrote:

While copyright infringement is illegal, discussion about it is not. Not even threats about copyright infringement is illegal. I mean "attempted copyright infringement" or "conspiring to infringe copyright"...

Had you said you banned discussion to support the author and demote these, most likely illegally acquired "moana"-files that would be ok in my eyes.

I banned the topic because the discussion of where to get pirated files and how to make pirated software work is banned on the list. Now that we know that it is in fact the Moana files (which we should have known earlier instead of being told quite emphatically it wasnt) and that it is in fact an illegal distribution then there really isnt anything that can be discussed about that Moana ISO within the TOS of the list.
-Tig

Lou 
Posted on 4-Jan-2008 15:58:00
#243 ]
Elite Member

@Tigger

Quote:

Tigger wrote:
@umisef

Quote:

Not according to the City of Sacramento Crime Mapping site, which shows zero reported crimes within a 1/2 mile radius of the intersection of fulton and auburn (which is where the "Clarion Hotel Cal Expo" is located, and thus where AmiWest was held) between 1 Oct and 10 Nov 2007 --- i.e. within 20 days either side of Amiwest 07.

Cool check Bernd, I'm not sure I buy the whole code monkey stole my laptop with Moana software story, but given how it happened and the hint that it happened in the US, I cant come up with another recent event where we'd have a bunch of Amiga people around in the US.
-Tig

The fact that ZERO crimes have been reported calls into question the validity of the data. Perhaps it is simply not up to date. Remember, humans have to key in this data and it could be on someone's desk buried among other things. We all know the speed at which bureaucracy moves here in the US...

damocles 
Posted on 4-Jan-2008 16:09:20
#244 ]

@Lou

Quote:
The fact that ZERO crimes have been reported calls into question the validity of the data.

Trying it at other locations, crime shows up and you can click on the flag to get the type of crime. So it's highly possible that there was no crimes reported at that location during that time period. Dog ate my homework approach is still laughable.

Dammy

Raffaele 
Posted on 4-Jan-2008 16:17:52
#245 ]

@wegster

Quote:

wegster wrote:
@thread

Ok, guys..I asked Raffaelle to get off of his Italian kick, and have come very close to simply deleting his posts after that point. I completely understand others frustrations with him, and share in them, but please - the subject is the Moana leaked ISO, not Raffaelle, the Italians, or anything else.

Let's keep it at least somewhat on topic.

Eh... no, you can't say this, and menacing me of banning me due to senseless ramblig about italians...

YOU WERE THE FIRST who do not believe that I could be informed about MacMini clocked at 1.5 GHz...

YOU EVEN SENDED A PRIVATE MAIL TO ME, because you believe I could not be entitled to knew about the entire loader affair!

I got offended and disturbed in first place by your mail, even if I answered politely to you and explained how I was so acculturated about it...

I have enough of people believing that I am not entitled to know Amiga, or to know facts about Moana just because I am italian!

I was one the first people who got curious for the MOANA FILES, when I read on Ikir Sector Forum of the thread about EAB Christmas Gift from AmigaMac, and I am the guy who who was the first collecting the first impressions of ACube representatives and posted these on all sites, revealing to the public that they too were astonished, unprepared and they do not believed that loader could be for real...

I read with enormous care any of the threads about AmigaOS on MAC loader...

I partecipated to any discussion into international forums: Ikirsector, Amigaworld, EAB, Amiga.org!

Then I collected more infos than any of you!

I was the one who spotted DBAlex on Amiga.Org site, and It was me who asked him to try downloading the loader, because I found he had the right hardware...

[It was not me who discovered the right Hardware... The guy who found about 1.5 SILENT UPGRADE MacMini machines, was user LucioDra...

And he deserved to be mentioned for he was really good...

But it is me who used with more profit the infos discovered by Luciodra]

And it is due to my suggestion that DbAlex tried and succeded in booting the loader!

And excuse me if this success it is due to the humble suggestion of a little italian!

And this is all about my personal defence...

-----

At Daddy: Thanks you for your defending me, but I defend myself at cost of being banned!

-----

Now two words to people who believed I am afraid and I do not have the guts...

removed by wegster, reason:
Flame/Attacks: Do not flame! Flaming refers to derogatory, abusive, threatening, sarcastic, rude, or otherwise mean-spirited messages directed at members/users. Be cautious when using sarcasm and humour. Without facial expressions and tone of voice, they do not translate easily over the Internet in posts and may be perceived as flaming. Report the flame posts immediately to an Amigaworld Team Member so that the situation can be dealt with immediately. A warning may be issued depending on the severity of flame/attacks.

Hey men!

Just simply because you are a moderator this does not means you are the supreme ruler of the world...

I have enough of your bad behaviour!

----

In the end

@ wegster

Well you are the master here and you have the supreme power, so if you think I deserve a ban, then feel free to ban me...

Quote:

@Raffaelle - any further ramblings NOT directly associated with Moana/OS4 on Macs will be removed without further warning. If you feel affronted by someone, then please use the Abuse Report button rather than continuing this, and Staff will determine whether or not processing it or further actions are warranted.

But I do not care anymore, because unfortunately this poor menace comes just from one of the people who was the first to disturbing me...

If you want to made me silent... then you are free to do that.

I will accept any decision by you, and any sentence, even being banned, without any comment, neither I will made any bad comment on other sites about your decision.

But I feel sad, because you were the first not believing me, and now you are menacing me of stay silent, or you will take actions versus me!

Remember wegster...

There are two people using ABUSE button...

1) Those who said to mommy moderator «BWAAAHH... That guy made me a boo-boo!»

2) And those who want to report something really disturbing as for example racism, or attacks to jews, religions, posting offending sex images, etc...

I belong to the second group, and I did not saw the opportunity to signal anything really bad!

There was nothing really important that deserved the abuse button to be pressed...

And I am capable to defend myself almost well in a thread discussion...

Then what really happened?

Mr: Cheese compared me to Captain Alberto Bertorelli in MSg 176?

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=24993&forum=14&start=160&viewmode=flat&order=0#419898

So what?

Then I wrote Msg 188 in answer to him:

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=24993&forum=14&start=180&viewmode=flat&order=0#419999

I made it just to testing him and discover if he had went mad or not...

Ansd so trying to knew if he was in in good faith, just joking with me, or if he was in bad faith by attempting to provoking me...

There was no necessity to push abuse button...

Nothing really bad was to be reported to moderators... Just a little skirmish between me and him...

-----

This could be my last post here, due to the fact I could be ammended by receiving a ban...

So here my last word:

Arrivederci a tutti... Addio!

Raffaele Irlanda

Viva L'Amiga!

Last edited by wegster on 04-Jan-2008 at 05:00 PM.
Last edited by Raffaele on 04-Jan-2008 at 04:33 PM.
Last edited by Raffaele on 04-Jan-2008 at 04:28 PM.
Last edited by Raffaele on 04-Jan-2008 at 04:27 PM.

wegster 
Posted on 4-Jan-2008 16:47:59
#246 ]
Elite Member

@ferrels/TheDaddy/thread

Guys - I'm sorry to hear about Raffaeles loss, but this is NOT the place to discuss it. Further discussion on this subject may be removed. If Raffaele wants people to know about something like this, or discuss it, or get condolences, he can certainly start a new thread on it, but otherwise, that is his very personal business.

The thread remains about Moana, and Moana only, let's keep it there within reason.

wegster 
Posted on 4-Jan-2008 16:54:31
#247 ]
Elite Member

@Raffaele

Great, I posted the last post before reading Rafs very long post.

@raffaele - yes, I PMed you, not asking about the 1.5GHz system, but because you had made mention of also the 1.25GHz model, which I had not seen before, so wanted clarification. It's as simple as that, please don't attempt to put words into my mouth, nor come to improper conclusions. I simply wanted confirmation. You, or anyone else being Italian certainly has nothing to do with any of my thoughts whatsoever..no clue where you got any of that from, but it wasn't in this thread.

As for the rest of your rant, sorry, it looks like parts will be being removed. You were, and remain, perfectly free to discuss any issues you may have via PM, not going off blindly on Staff members, in the forum, or discussion (potential) Moderation.

There is no reason to continue to bring the discrimination/racial card into play here, as far as I can tell - YOU continued to bring up your Italian rant, which was then finally responded to by someone, perhaps improlerly and tastelessly, by the Capt comment...but you had gone on for a while by them already, not instigated by anything in this thread.

Yes, you can defend yourself, but there is a point at which it's gone too far, or overboard, and you've hit that point. You're not _alone_ in doing that, but two wrongs don't make a right, either. You are done in this thread, unless you have something ON TOPIC (not about Italians, not about Staff, not about Moderation, not flaming) to contribute here.

Will discuss in Staff. I'm sorry for any loss you may have suffered, but your reading on reality and continued rants in this thread have simply continued to go so far off topic that it's not something that should be continuing, including after multiple requests for you to remain on topic.

Last edited by wegster on 04-Jan-2008 at 05:03 PM.

Merlin 
Posted on 4-Jan-2008 21:16:08
#248 ]

/Merlin hands coffee round for people to smell........

Jesus Wept guys, when you look behind all of this, the files and videos posted by AmigaMac for all the world are demonstrating vapourware, this kernal is as stable as nuclear fission by the author's admission.

Stolen laptops, illegal ISOs, Youtube videos, so what? The software doesn't work, it may as well be a demo just displaying a picture, where do you expect this to lead? Do you all plan to try and disassemble the code, build something based on the ashes of the Moana Project and infringe I don't know how many people's IP in the process?

Get real, this is leading nowhere except into a flamefest and trolling everywhere and is generally winding everyone up.

As far as the Moana Project is concerned, the patient is dead, somebody please pull the plug...

There, that's my two cents on all of this.

Last edited by Merlin on 04-Jan-2008 at 09:17 PM.

TheDaddy 
Posted on 4-Jan-2008 23:18:30
#249 ]
Elite Member

off topic continued discussion of raffaele removed - wegster

Last edited by wegster on 04-Jan-2008 at 11:25 PM.

NoelFuller 
Posted on 4-Jan-2008 23:25:53
#250 ]
Cult Member

@Lou

Quote:
We all know the speed at which bureaucracy moves here in the US...

Isn't there some sort of universal constant? :)

Noel

umisef 
Posted on 5-Jan-2008 0:27:47
#251 ]

@Lou

Quote:
The fact that ZERO crimes have been reported calls into question the validity of the data.

Zero *at that location* *during that period*.

If you extend, for example, the period to the end of November (i.e. include time *later* than the relevant period), you get a couple of incidents; If you extend the range to one whole mile around AmiWest, you get a bunch of incidents on the other side of the park.

So no, I don't think not having any reported crimes in a particular 3/4 of a square mile during a particular month-and-a-half carries a suggestion of invalid data. Especially as pretty much half that area is covered by a golf course; Having a golf course there would also suggest that the other half of the area is a rather affluent neighbourhood, too, and affluent neighbourhoods, on average, have lower rates of (reported) crime.

Pleng 
Posted on 5-Jan-2008 9:31:47
#252 ]

@Merlin

No wanting to add fuel to the fire but wasn't the claim about the system crashing after a few minutes made by the same guy who claimed his laptop was stolen.

If, and only if the claim of the stolen laptop turns out to be untrue then is it not possible that the claimed instability of the ISO is also untrue? Also, if the ISO is unstable and therefore unusable, why is the owner of the 'IP' so worried about a bunch of people trying to load it in the first place? If the owner of the IP considers these people nothing more than a bunch of no-good pirates, then why surely he wouldn't loose too much sleep over these 'pirates' loosing a couple of days trying to install these useless files?

To the mods: Has the victim of the theft been able to provide you with a crime reference number to validate his claim?

meet.mrnrg 
Posted on 5-Jan-2008 19:11:48
#253 ]

@ToTheUnderGroundWorld
Hi,

ok, from an unreliable source, this is from a testing only perspective
0) Apple + ALT + o + f {press and hold for 5 secs when you see USB lights on keyboard}
1) setenv boota-device cd: (is mandatory) otherwise no 1-6 boot menu.
setenv boot-device cd: {for larger partitions}
boot cd:\\slb
or
boot cd:\L\slb

2) Boot All DEBUG USB options is there but the
devs\USB\hcd\ohci.usbhcd_deb file is missing {Please fix this}
3) Boot All Video shows EXEC kernel detecting RADEON 9600 and loading and initializing a bunch of Amiga OS 4 Exec kernel stuff.
4) All other silent mode stuff boots very quickly after pressing the ANY KEY a few times, gee thats key is hard to find. Expert solution that one.
5) But the Screen where the INSERT BOOT DISK is supposed to be is always blank.
The machine is a Mac Mini 1.4Ghz and the Firmware is 2004 and not 2005
6) These pages should pause, page by page, so that they can be reviewed. Scrolling passed all the information is not helpful if you can't record it, let alone view it in time.
7) Updating Kickstart DIR with your licensed copy of Amiga OS4.0 does not break the boot process. But Hey THE BLANK SCREEN IS A BLANK SCREEN
8) Wasted / FAILED... For now... Lots of CD-Rs to the fires now. You need mkisofs on native PPC to make a bootable image.
9) Need feedback from the collective out there.

Last edited by meet.mrnrg on 06-Jan-2008 at 04:32 AM.
Last edited by meet.mrnrg on 05-Jan-2008 at 07:19 PM.

Merlin 
Posted on 5-Jan-2008 21:19:25
#254 ]

@Pleng

The bottom line of all of this, whatever the origin and background, is that it is warez, it is pirated software and is someone else's IP.

Sod whose laptop got nicked TBH, it's kind of irrelevant in the bigger scheme of things, something a bit more important got nicked that is key to a litigation that is still in progress.

Are there people on here who actually believe that they can resurrect a phoenix from the ashes of the Moana project, with all of it's history of litigation, with no comeback at all?

No offence, but I think some people need to wake up....yes, it sounds like a nice sepia-tinted, rose-coloured glasses kind of project, however I think things will get heavy down the line as this was not intended to escape into the wild and a witchhunt to find the perpetrator may result.

This is just my view; feel free to flame it to death, I don't really care....

Merlin

Last edited by Merlin on 05-Jan-2008 at 10:41 PM.
Last edited by Merlin on 05-Jan-2008 at 09:20 PM.

opi 
Posted on 5-Jan-2008 21:26:38
#255 ]
Team Member

@NoelFuller

Quote:
Isn't there some sort of universal constant? :)

Yes, it's a defined in almost every programming language -- NULL.

-Sam- 
Posted on 5-Jan-2008 21:44:06
#256 ]
Elite Member

@rzookol

Quote:
real or hoax ?

It all looks genuine and a leak of the ISO is bound to happen again if it hasn't already.

crass84 
Posted on 5-Jan-2008 22:17:44
#257 ]

i dont know if this is relevant ive seen os 4 final and amigamini on torrents today

Cheese 
Posted on 5-Jan-2008 22:44:21
#258 ]

@crass84

Indeed, there's a. AmigaOS4.0 torrent: "AmigaOS 4.0 Final Release (24.12.2006)"

"Yes, its the AmigaOne Version but you can use this for the Moana Bootloader and run OS4 on a Mac Mini. Have fun!" -rogue2008

Sad and useless.

"Delving into the past can be a dangerous exercise." -hyperionmp

"I've been a supporter of "REACTION" GUI because is an Amiga OS thing." -Snuffy

"I personally prefer a vision of do'ers and makers rather than

crass84 
Posted on 5-Jan-2008 23:51:53
#259 ]

@Cheese

Ive already got os 4 final ive got an amiga one i was just pointing out that the sotware was available i do not posses a mac mini and do not need one

Merlin 
Posted on 6-Jan-2008 11:30:45
#260 ]

@crass84

Point taken, however, just because it's out there as warez, doesn't mean you should download and use it... besides, torrents are tracked.

Merlin

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle