Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
10 crawler(s) on-line.
 165 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

amigang

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 amigang:  4 mins ago
 OlafS25:  27 mins ago
 clint:  29 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 26 mins ago
 ppcamiga1:  1 hr 37 mins ago
 VooDoo:  1 hr 56 mins ago
 marcofreeman:  2 hrs 14 mins ago
 pixie:  2 hrs 20 mins ago
 kolla:  2 hrs 36 mins ago
 BigD:  3 hrs 5 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga PPC Linux
      /  First Debian Etch Installer CD release!!
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
PosterThread
damned 
Re: First Debian Etch Installer CD release!!
Posted on 21-Feb-2013 22:14:49
#341 ]

@Geri

Quote:
Yup, the INSTALL.txt only tells you half of the truth. I'll post updated installation instructions!

any news for me?

Profile     Report this post  
scabit 
Posted on 22-Feb-2013 0:47:49
#342 ]

@damned

Quote:
5) Create the linux partitions from the os4 side (otherwise the a1boot.conf don't work)

Wow! I think that may be it. Not sure how I can try it though. I wonder if i create another linux EXT3 partition on the Amiga OS4 side, format it, then mount it and my existing Squeeze boot partition using mountlists, then copy everything over (in OS4) from one partition to the other. Not sure if that would work, or if I would need to do the copy from the Linux side.

Or, perhaps someone can come up with a way to set the file bits to make it work without all this hassle?

Scott

Geri 
Posted on 24-Feb-2013 9:45:40
#343 ]
Elite Member

@damned

Quote:
damned wrote:
@Geri

Quote:
Yup, the INSTALL.txt only tells you half of the truth. I'll post updated installation instructions!

any news for me?

Sorry for the late answer, but now I have news for you!

edit: If you install a initramfs based kernel the first time, then please read the "Additional notes" first!

edit: Install the kernel package with:
Quote:
$ dpkg --install linux-image-2.6.32-5-book3s-amigaone_2.6.32-48squeeze1_powerpc.deb

edit: Make sure the "initramfs-tools" package is installed with:
Quote:
$ apt-get install initramfs-tools

Afterwards save the following text in "/etc/initramfs-tools/modules":
Quote:
# List of modules that you want to include in your initramfs.
# They will be loaded at boot time in the order below.
#
# Syntax: module_name [args ...]
#
# You must run update-initramfs(8) to effect this change.
#
# Examples:
#
# raid1
# sd_mod

floppy
ide-pci-generic
ide-cd_mod
siimage
via82cxxx
sd_mod
scsi_mod
libata
ata_generic
pata_sil
pata_via
sata_sil
sata_via
dm-mod
cdrom
crc-t10dif
mbcache
ext2
ext3
jbd
3c59x
pcspkr

Then change the MODULES parameter in /etc/initramfs-tools/initramfs.conf to "MODULES=list", which forces update-initramfs to only include the kernel modules listed above. This is necessary to limit the size of the initramfs image and thus of the final boot image. Otherwise the slb_v2 crashes while loading the image.

edit: As the next step we create an initramfs image for the 2.6.32 kernel:
Quote:
$ update-initramfs -c -k 2.6.32-5-book3s-amigaone

Afterwards make sure that the uboot-mkimage package is installed. The mkimage command is needed to generate the final boot image, which is done with the following options:
Quote:
mkimage -A ppc -O Linux -T multi -C none -a 0x04000000 -e 0x04000440 -n "Debian GNU/Linux 6.0 Squeeze" -d cuImage.amigaone.img-2.6.32-5-book3s-amigaone:initrd.img-2.6.32-5-book3s-amigaone boot.img.amigaone-2.6.32-5-book3s-amigaone

Save this command line in a file and make it executable (for example under /boot/mkbootimg-2.6.32-5-book3s-amigaone.sh), because you have to/should regenerate the boot image whenever the initramfs image changes!

Note that the generated boot.img.amigaone-2.6.32-5-book3s-amigaone file is the final boot image for the slb_v2, as shown below!

Then you can add an entry to your a1boot.conf file. I usually add a recovery entry, in case I have to fix something before the desktop starts:
Quote:
Debian-6.0-2.6.32 /boot/boot.img.amigaone-2.6.32-5-book3s-amigaone root=LABEL=squeeze console=tty0 l2cr=0x80000000 quiet
Debian-6.0-2.6.32-recovery /boot/boot.img.amigaone-2.6.32-5-book3s-amigaone root=LABEL=squeeze console=tty0 l2cr=0x80000000 single

Additional notes:

You may wonder, why I have no driver options in the kernel command line. Well, with an initramfs kernel module options can also be read from *.conf files in /etc/modprobe.d/. I have a local.conf file with the following content:
Quote:
# ISA DMA not supported on powerpc!
options floppy floppy=nodma
# Onboard network shouldn't use PCI MMIO!
options 3c59x global_use_mmio=0
# For buggy first generation Seagate SATA drives.
#options sata_sil slow_down=1
# Do not use UHCI USB.
#blacklist uhci_hcd

IIRC the driver for the onboard IDE (via82cxxx) cannot be blacklisted. My advice for now is to specify all ide_core.[noprobe|nodma] parameters on the kernel command line. This should also be done for libata kernel parameters. If someone wants to disable USB completely (e.g. on an A1SE), then "nousb" can be added to the kernel command line (or was it "usbcore.nousb"...I can't remember at the moment).

Note that the files in /etc/modprobe.d are included in the initramfs, so you have to regenerate the initramfs and the final boot image, if you change something in the *.conf files there:
Quote:
$ update-initramfs -u -k 2.6.32-5-book3s-amigaone

Happy testing!

BTW: You may give hardware graphics acceleration a try under Linux (it probably only works, if your A1 doesn't have the DMA fix). For this you can create an xorg.conf file with the following content:
Quote:
Section "Device"
Identifier "Configured Video Device"
Driver "radeon"
Option "BusType" "PCI"
#Option "DRI" "off"
Option "EnablePageFlip" "on"
EndSection

Uncommenting the DRI option allows to switch off hardware acceleration, if it doesn't work stable. In this case the recovery boot entry is useful.

Last edited by Geri on 20-Mar-2013 at 07:12 AM.
Last edited by Geri on 20-Mar-2013 at 07:08 AM.
Last edited by Geri on 19-Mar-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Last edited by Geri on 15-Mar-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Last edited by Geri on 24-Feb-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Last edited by Geri on 24-Feb-2013 at 09:52 AM.

- A1 Linux support -

damned 
Posted on 25-Feb-2013 22:34:40
#344 ]

@scabit

no, i think you must copy the linux data from linux side.
here is what you could try if you have some free space on the hd:
make a new linux partition from hdtoolbox, from linux copy your existing partition to the new with partimage or dd, try if it works...

damned 
Posted on 26-Feb-2013 23:25:52
#345 ]

@Geri

no luck...now load the kernel, the initdram loading modules appears with a blinking cursor below and wait forever...

Geri 
Posted on 27-Feb-2013 6:12:09
#346 ]
Elite Member

@damned

Wait forever? Does the machine lookup or does the cursor still blink?

Any chance to capture the kernel debug output with a serial cable?
For this you should add "console=ttyS0,115200n8 debug initcall_debug" to the kernel arguments. Note that the additional parameters should come after "console=tty0". if you want to see something on the screen, too.

- A1 Linux support -

damned 
Posted on 27-Feb-2013 20:46:05
#347 ]

@Geri

the cursor still blink after 5 minutes...i will search a valid serial cable at thi point..

scabit 
Posted on 2-Mar-2013 3:52:41
#348 ]

@damned

Well, I finally got around to setting up a hard drive partition using the OS4 media toolbox, made it bootable, with a file type of LNX. I booted into the LENNY debian install CD provided in this thread and used the partition editor to make the partition my root, EXT3, bootable. I installed the base LENNY system on it from CD...then I copied over the /boot directory from my working Lenny partition to this new partition which was created and initially set up in OS4..
When I try to boot from the drive which has this partition, I still only see the OS4 boot option, no boot options for ebian, even though my a1boot.conf in /boot is valid.
So...the problem is not just that the partition needs to be set up on the OS4 side...there still remains something else required to make a partition bootable in LENNY. Something must be missing from this LENNY install somehow....but what has that got to do with how uboot scans a drive for SLB2 and a1boot.conf?

It still makes no sense to me....

Scott

Geri 
Posted on 2-Mar-2013 9:46:10
#349 ]
Elite Member

@scabit

Quote:
scabit wrote:
@damned

So...the problem is not just that the partition needs to be set up on the OS4 side...there still remains something else required to make a partition bootable in LENNY. Something must be missing from this LENNY install somehow....but what has that got to do with how uboot scans a drive for SLB2 and a1boot.conf?

It still makes no sense to me....

Same here.

I took a look at the slb_v2 executable and it seems like the slb_2 queries a boota_scan_all_HDD variable. Maybe you can try to set it in U-Boot with something like:

Quote:
] setenv boota_scan_all_HDD=on

I don't know however, if this fixes our problem. The slb_v2 is driving me crazy, too.

- A1 Linux support -

scabit 
Posted on 2-Mar-2013 20:26:57
#350 ]

@Geri

Here's one thing true of my system....the debian partitions that work happen to be hda2 and hda4. That is, they are near the front of the partition list.
The partitions I have tried that do not work are higher, that is hda10 and hda12 (or hde10 and hde12 depending on which controller I'm using...etc.)
Could it be that the software in uboot is only checking the first few partitions for a /boot/a1boot.conf file? Maybe they only bother to scan the first 8 or so, then conclude there is no linux boot file list available. Or perhaps the buffer that stores the info for the partitions is too small and gets corrupted so any attempt to boot from a partition above a certain number doesn't work.
This is obviously just a guess from one piece of data I have noticed. This is easily disproven if any of you have been able to boot an Etch or Lenny partition that is a higher number... anyone had any success at that?

Scott

damned 
Posted on 2-Mar-2013 20:55:04
#351 ]

@scabit

i had forgotten...only the a1boot.conf in the first linux boot partition is read

Last edited by damned on 02-Mar-2013 at 08:55 PM.

scabit 
Posted on 8-Mar-2013 22:34:25
#352 ]

@all

Okay, got it...sort of. I tried using the Squeeze install CD to set up a bootable root partition at HDA4 on my internal drive ... removed my SIL0680 and other hard drive. No success. No linux boot partitions found. Yes, I tried setenv boota_scan_all_HDD on.
So I went and used the Etch installer CD...formatted HDA4, did a base install of etch. Then I plugged back in my SIL0680 controller, copied the boot directory from my squeeze partition to the etch partition on HDA4, changed my uboot variable boot1 = ide and rebooted.
PResto! My HDA4 partition entries are now seen on my internal IDE drive. I had added an entry to boot from my squeeze partition on HDA10 using the UUID (using BLKID) and am now in Squeeze using my internal IDE drive.
My guess is that uboot does NOT recognize partitions formatted with the partioner in Squeeze. Or the partitioner is broken somehow.

Now...to test US2 on the SYBA card.

Last edited by scabit on 09-Mar-2013 at 12:43 AM.

scabit 
Posted on 8-Mar-2013 23:28:11
#353 ]

@Geri, Hypex

Okay, this is looking good....
I plugged in my 160Gig IDE drive and DVD drive into the Syba card PATA port and booted into Squeeze and both the hard drive and DVD are working perfectly! It looks like the SATA stuff is also working (yes, I added back in the UBOOT commands to enable the SATA card) but I have yet to test it with an actual hard drive.
USB2 is another matter....I tried plugging in a USB mouse to the Syba card.... Squeeze locks up dead. REbooted and tried to plug in a 2 Gig USB memory stick, again Squeeze locked up.
Anything I can debug for you to help see what is going on with USB2 in Squeeze?

Here is what lspci shows:

00:01.0 PCI bridge: Mai Logic Incorporated Articia S PCI Bridge
00:05.0 Multimedia audio controller: C-Media Electronics Inc CM8738 (rev 10)
00:06.0 Ethernet controller: 3Com Corporation 3c905C-TX/TX-M [Tornado] (rev 78)
00:07.0 ISA bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C686 [Apollo Super South] (rev 40)
00:07.1 IDE interface: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C586A/B/VT82C686/A/B/VT823x/A/C PIPC Bus Master IDE (rev 06)
00:07.2 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev 1a)
00:07.3 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev 1a)
00:07.4 Non-VGA unclassified device: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C686 [Apollo Super ACPI] (rev 40)
00:07.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C686 AC97 Audio Controller (rev 50)
00:07.6 Communication controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. AC'97 Modem Controller (rev 30)
00:08.0 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev 61)
00:08.1 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev 61)
00:08.2 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB 2.0 (rev 63)
00:08.3 RAID bus controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT6421 IDE RAID Controller (rev 50)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon RV100 QY [Radeon 7000/VE]

Last edited by scabit on 08-Mar-2013 at 11:30 PM.

Hypex 
Posted on 9-Mar-2013 3:29:47
#354 ]
Elite Member

@scabit

I've noticed your card has the older 63 USB2 revision. This I cannot get to work in Linux on my A1-XE. I've only got a 65 USB2 revision to work with the VIA 6212 chipset in Linux. I don't know why. USB 1.x works fine.

However, you may try disabling the onboard network controller, Either removing network settings pointing to it or somehow blacklisting the 3Com module so it doesn't get loaded.

As it is said there is a conflict between onboard network and USB2 controllers in he µA1.

This could be an interrupt conflict. These VIA USB2 chipsets need to have one interrupt dedicated to them and won't work if sharing interrupts. Or sharing IRQs as I read. This would also explain why it breaks on OS4 if IRQ sharing was used. AFAIK sharing is fine with NEC.

scabit 
Posted on 9-Mar-2013 21:14:48
#355 ]

@Hypex

Okay, I don't mind trying to blacklist the 3com network controller in Debian.... how exactly might I do that?

AS for further experiments....

1) I discovered that as long as a partition is created with partitioner from Etch (or prior) it is seen fine by Uboot...I am not sure about Lenny created partitions, but Squeeze partitioner created ones are NOT seen by uboot in the micro A1.
2) I deleted ALL files on my hda4 (Etch created) partition except the boot directory with A1boot.conf and the squeeze kernel image files and map... I am still able to boot into Squeeze (which is on the hda10 partition) from the hda4 a1boot.conf and all my a1boot.conf entries are seen by uboot.
3) I copied using superuser mode and nautilus all of the Squeeze directories on my working Squeeze hda10 partition to my hda4 partition (excpet the boot directory, which I left alone). When I boot using the UUID for hda4, I go through the boot process, mount all drives, and get stuck at "Waiting for root file system". It sits with a blinking cursor forever.
4) When I boot the hda4 partition using /dev/hda4 OR the label I created named "SQUEEZY", I go through the boot process and get an error when gdm3 is being loaded saying "Could not update ICAuthority file /var/lib/gdm3/.ICEAuthority".
I can press CTRL-F1 and get a terminal, but no X-windows so I can do only some limited stuff. I noticed that in spite of me telling it to use /dev/hda4 or "SQUEEZY" as the root, it is actually using hda10 as the root. Odd. When I use the UUID for hda4, it actually uses HDA4 for the root as it should.

As for SATA - I spoke too soon in my previous post. I connected my IDE drive via the IDE to SATA controller I have to my Syba SATA port and am getting errors during startup indicating: SATA Link Down (SStatus 0 SControl 310) for ata0 and ata1. Again, this same drive when plugged into the Syba RAID controller works fine.
I made sure to turn off both usb0_enable and usb1_enable in uboot before doing this, and yes, I still have the VSATA command in my Uboot bootcmd being run first before menu or menuboot_cmd.

@Geri - I will send you my entire dmesg listing, lspci - vv, lsusb and modprobe | grep sata outputs to examine. Not sure if there is anything more I can give you to help.

I do not know why SATA worked fine with the modified LENNY kernel you gave me but does not work with SQUEEZE. Perhaps I need another kernel? I thought however that you mentioned that SATA should already be enabled for VIA chipsets in the SQUEEZE kernel.

THanks!

Scott

Last edited by scabit on 09-Mar-2013 at 09:30 PM.
Last edited by scabit on 09-Mar-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Last edited by scabit on 09-Mar-2013 at 09:18 PM.

Geri 
Posted on 10-Mar-2013 16:20:45
#356 ]
Elite Member

@scabit

Quote:
scabit wrote:
@Geri, Hypex

Okay, this is looking good....
I plugged in my 160Gig IDE drive and DVD drive into the Syba card PATA port and booted into Squeeze and both the hard drive and DVD are working perfectly! It looks like the SATA stuff is also working (yes, I added back in the UBOOT commands to enable the SATA card) but I have yet to test it with an actual hard drive.

Good to hear that PATA is working now!

Quote:
USB2 is another matter....I tried plugging in a USB mouse to the Syba card.... Squeeze locks up dead. REbooted and tried to plug in a 2 Gig USB memory stick, again Squeeze locked up.
Anything I can debug for you to help see what is going on with USB2 in Squeeze?

Did you try out any of the U-Boot pci write commands I mentioned here?

Quote:
Here is what lspci shows:

00:01.0 PCI bridge: Mai Logic Incorporated Articia S PCI Bridge
00:05.0 Multimedia audio controller: C-Media Electronics Inc CM8738 (rev 10)
00:06.0 Ethernet controller: 3Com Corporation 3c905C-TX/TX-M [Tornado] (rev 78)
00:07.0 ISA bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C686 [Apollo Super South] (rev 40)
00:07.1 IDE interface: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C586A/B/VT82C686/A/B/VT823x/A/C PIPC Bus Master IDE (rev 06)
00:07.2 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev 1a)
00:07.3 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev 1a)
00:07.4 Non-VGA unclassified device: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C686 [Apollo Super ACPI] (rev 40)
00:07.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C686 AC97 Audio Controller (rev 50)
00:07.6 Communication controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. AC'97 Modem Controller (rev 30)
00:08.0 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev 61)
00:08.1 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev 61)
00:08.2 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB 2.0 (rev 63)
00:08.3 RAID bus controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT6421 IDE RAID Controller (rev 50)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon RV100 QY [Radeon 7000/VE

Quote:
Hypex wrote:
@scabit

This could be an interrupt conflict. These VIA USB2 chipsets need to have one interrupt dedicated to them and won't work if sharing interrupts. Or sharing IRQs as I read. This would also explain why it breaks on OS4 if IRQ sharing was used. AFAIK sharing is fine with NEC.

@scabit: In this case a dump of /proc/interrupts would be helpful!

Quote:
scabit wrote:
@Hypex

Okay, I don't mind trying to blacklist the 3com network controller in Debian.... how exactly might I do that?

Remove the module from the list in /etc/initramfs-tools/modules, add a line with "blacklist 3c59x" to the /etc/modprobe.d/local.conf file and regenerate the initramfs resp. boot image so that the changes take affect.

Quote:
AS for further experiments....

1) I discovered that as long as a partition is created with partitioner from Etch (or prior) it is seen fine by Uboot...I am not sure about Lenny created partitions, but Squeeze partitioner created ones are NOT seen by uboot in the micro A1.

Which would mean that the slb_v2 can't read any ext2/3 filesystem that is formatted with a newer mke2fs command. So either the ext2/3 filesystem format slightly changed and confuses the slb_v2 or the bootloader only worked with ext2/3 filesystems by chance up to now.

I guess Lenny has the same problem, as I did my Squeeze installation with a Lenny netinstall image.

Quote:
2) I deleted ALL files on my hda4 (Etch created) partition except the boot directory with A1boot.conf and the squeeze kernel image files and map... I am still able to boot into Squeeze (which is on the hda10 partition) from the hda4 a1boot.conf and all my a1boot.conf entries are seen by uboot.

I'll check, if there is a mke2fs options that makes the slb_v2 working again. Otherwise we are in big trouble!

Quote:
3) I copied using superuser mode and nautilus all of the Squeeze directories on my working Squeeze hda10 partition to my hda4 partition (excpet the boot directory, which I left alone). When I boot using the UUID for hda4, I go through the boot process, mount all drives, and get stuck at "Waiting for root file system". It sits with a blinking cursor forever.
4) When I boot the hda4 partition using /dev/hda4 OR the label I created named "SQUEEZY", I go through the boot process and get an error when gdm3 is being loaded saying "Could not update ICAuthority file /var/lib/gdm3/.ICEAuthority".

Make sure that the root partition of a system you want to copy is not in use or (better) unmounted. Best is to do the copy with the install CD in rescue mode!

Quote:
I can press CTRL-F1 and get a terminal, but no X-windows so I can do only some limited stuff. I noticed that in spite of me telling it to use /dev/hda4 or "SQUEEZY" as the root, it is actually using hda10 as the root. Odd. When I use the UUID for hda4, it actually uses HDA4 for the root as it should.

Maybe the UUID doesn't match anymore. You can set a new UUID with "tune2fs /dev/hdxy -U `uuid`".

Quote:
As for SATA - I spoke too soon in my previous post. I connected my IDE drive via the IDE to SATA controller I have to my Syba SATA port and am getting errors during startup indicating: SATA Link Down (SStatus 0 SControl 310) for ata0 and ata1. Again, this same drive when plugged into the Syba RAID controller works fine.
I made sure to turn off both usb0_enable and usb1_enable in uboot before doing this, and yes, I still have the VSATA command in my Uboot bootcmd being run first before menu or menuboot_cmd.

Did the drive work before on the SATA controller with the same IDE to SATA adapter?

Quote:
@Geri - I will send you my entire dmesg listing, lspci - vv, lsusb and modprobe | grep sata outputs to examine. Not sure if there is anything more I can give you to help.

I'll take a look at it.

Quote:
I do not know why SATA worked fine with the modified LENNY kernel you gave me but does not work with SQUEEZE. Perhaps I need another kernel? I thought however that you mentioned that SATA should already be enabled for VIA chipsets in the SQUEEZE kernel.

Yes, it is. Otherwise you wouldn't get any "SATA Link Down" messages.

- A1 Linux support -

scabit 
Posted on 10-Mar-2013 23:17:38
#357 ]

@Geri

Quote:
Did you try out any of the U-Boot pci write commands I mentioned here?

No...I'll give it a try when I get a chance.

Quote:
a dump of /proc/interrupts would be helpful!

I'll try to get that to you.

Quote:
Remove the module from the list ....

I'll try that and see if it helps. Seems like there are several possible things it can be, at least things for me to try.

Quote:
Make sure that the root partition of a system you want to copy is not in use or (better) unmounted.

Ahhh....should have thought of that.

I'll see what I an discover when I have a chance to try these things.

Thanks!

Geri 
Posted on 12-Mar-2013 9:30:04
#358 ]
Elite Member

@scabit

Quote:
scabit wrote:

Can you do me a favor and post the output of "tune2fs -l /dev/hdxy" for the partition that is now recognized by the slb_v2?

- A1 Linux support -

Geri 
Posted on 13-Mar-2013 16:58:38
#359 ]
Elite Member

Just in case nobody noticed it, there are updated kernel packages available on the amigaone-linux project's file section.

Note that the entry address for the 2.6.32 kernel has changed to 0x04000440! This address should also work with the v3.2 backports kernel.

- A1 Linux support -

scabit 
Posted on 13-Mar-2013 21:45:33
#360 ]

@Geri

Here is my tune2fs -l /dev/hde4 - the drive partition that I got working:

tune2fs 1.41.12 (17-May-2010)
Filesystem volume name: SQUEEZY
Last mounted on:
Filesystem UUID: 30866ca4-ee1e-4815-a366-de42367fa1d3
Filesystem magic number: 0xEF53
Filesystem revision #: 1 (dynamic)
Filesystem features: has_journal resize_inode dir_index filetype sparse_super large_file
Filesystem flags: unsigned_directory_hash
Default mount options: (none)
Filesystem state: clean
Errors behavior: Continue
Filesystem OS type: Linux
Inode count: 1202944
Block count: 2402720
Reserved block count: 120136
Free blocks: 1320968
Free inodes: 1084265
First block: 0
Block size: 4096
Fragment size: 4096
Reserved GDT blocks: 586
Blocks per group: 32768
Fragments per group: 32768
Inodes per group: 16256
Inode blocks per group: 508
Filesystem created: Fri Mar 8 16:56:19 2013
Last mount time: Sat Mar 9 15:31:03 2013
Last write time: Sat Mar 9 15:39:16 2013
Mount count: 9
Maximum mount count: 21
Last checked: Fri Mar 8 16:56:19 2013
Check interval: 15552000 (6 months)
Next check after: Wed Sep 4 17:56:19 2013
Reserved blocks uid: 0 (user root)
Reserved blocks gid: 0 (group root)
First inode: 11
Inode size: 128
Journal inode: 8
Default directory hash: tea
Directory Hash Seed: a9db5290-78d3-4478-ae8a-dd54b97eb4f2
Journal backup: inode blocks

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle