Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
19 crawler(s) on-line.
 112 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 OlafS25:  8 mins ago
 BigD:  8 mins ago
 zErec:  15 mins ago
 amigakit:  18 mins ago
 retrofaza:  47 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 2 mins ago
 edwardsjethro:  1 hr 53 mins ago
 joeyunderwood:  1 hr 54 mins ago
 Sikharubel:  1 hr 57 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  2 hrs 20 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Software
      /  SabreMSN, thread #3
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
Mrodfr 
Re: SabreMSN, thread #3
Posted on 27-Sep-2008 4:53:25
#21 ]

@jahc

Quote:

For the second (and third and fourth, etc) instance of SabreMSN, you need to configure it to use a white background.

OK. I have learned a new thing about my amiga now, thanks.

-A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+SCSI-KIT
-SAM440EP-667mhz-on MapowerKC3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disks Preservation Project

Profile     Report this post  
Deniil715 
Posted on 1-Oct-2008 16:25:39
#22 ]
Elite Member

@jahc

Hi,

I have another feature request if I may..

I think it would be nice if the different status icons could be in the My Status cycle gadget, for two reasons:

1. It is easier to just glance at the window to see my own status without the need to actually read the text currently showing on the cycle gadget.

2. It is a way of looking up the status of someone else. For example, I have seen a contact that is green with a clock on it. What does that mean? Does it mean Away or Busy, or what. If all the different icons were in the cycle gadget I could just click on it to see all possible values and instantly find out what a green dude with a clock on him means I would also know what I look like to others.

Kicko 
Posted on 1-Oct-2008 17:04:43
#23 ]
Elite Member

@Deniil715

Sounds very useful :)

Deniil715 
Posted on 1-Oct-2008 20:47:58
#24 ]
Elite Member

@jahc

Wondering one thing..: Why is there such a large line distance in the chat window?

I guess Win Mess makes it look like that, so you only see three line up unless you bloat the window all over the screen, but I really don't like when the line distance is big. I like it to be zero, or even negative for some ttf fonts.

Can I edit this somehow, to get more text in a smaller window without needing a magnifying glass for the text itself..?

I even tried a topaz-like font just to see that it wasn't the font, but it was still like double or tripple line distance.

jahc 
Posted on 2-Oct-2008 2:37:48
#25 ]
Elite Member

@Deniil715

Quote:
I have another feature request if I may..

I think it would be nice if the different status icons could be in the My Status cycle gadget, for two reasons:

1. It is easier to just glance at the window to see my own status without the need to actually read the text currently showing on the cycle gadget.

2. It is a way of looking up the status of someone else. For example, I have seen a contact that is green with a clock on it. What does that mean? Does it mean Away or Busy, or what. If all the different icons were in the cycle gadget I could just click on it to see all possible values and instantly find out what a green dude with a clock on him means I would also know what I look like to others.

I dont think the cycle gadget in MUI supports images.. but the online status is displayed in brackets beside the persons name. If they're away, it will say "jahc (Away)" for example.

Quote:
Wondering one thing..: Why is there such a large line distance in the chat window?

I guess Win Mess makes it look like that, so you only see three line up unless you bloat the window all over the screen, but I really don't like when the line distance is big. I like it to be zero, or even negative for some ttf fonts.

Can I edit this somehow, to get more text in a smaller window without needing a magnifying glass for the text itself..?

I even tried a topaz-like font just to see that it wasn't the font, but it was still like double or tripple line distance.

This is due to the graphical smileys. The minimum height of every single line is the height of the graphical smiley graphics. This is just how nlist.mcc operates, I dont think I can change it.

Deniil715 
Posted on 2-Oct-2008 7:06:58
#26 ]
Elite Member

@jahc

Quote:
I dont think the cycle gadget in MUI supports images.. but the online status is displayed in brackets beside the persons name. If they're away, it will say "jahc (Away)" for example.

Yea, noticed that now, sorry
But I do think the Cycle gadget supports images since it handles text and text can include an image. It may not look good though... But how about a status image next to the cycle gadget showing my current status?
Like this: "My Status: [ Cycle ] [image]"
where "[image]" changes to what the *server* thinks my status is (if possible), not what the cycle gadgets says, although they should always be the same of course.

Quote:
This is due to the graphical smileys. The minimum height of every single line is the height of the graphical smiley graphics. This is just how nlist.mcc operates, I dont think I can change it.

Ahaa.. So even if there are no smileys on a line, the line will be that large anyway..?

Can I scale down the images or are the sizes hard coded into the program? I suppose they are taken directly from the bloated MSN Mess. They are so huge I'm afraid to use them..! Those here at AW.net are more nicely sized I think

jahc 
Posted on 2-Oct-2008 8:47:41
#27 ]
Elite Member

@Deniil715

Quote:
Yea, noticed that now, sorry
But I do think the Cycle gadget supports images since it handles text and text can include an image. It may not look good though... But how about a status image next to the cycle gadget showing my current status?
Like this: "My Status: [ Cycle ] [image]"
where "[image]" changes to what the *server* thinks my status is (if possible), not what the cycle gadgets says, although they should always be the same of course.

Thats a good idea. I might have a play sometime and see if it looks nice or not.

Quote:
Ahaa.. So even if there are no smileys on a line, the line will be that large anyway..?

Can I scale down the images or are the sizes hard coded into the program? I suppose they are taken directly from the bloated MSN Mess. They are so huge I'm afraid to use them..! Those here at AW.net are more nicely sized I think

I'm not sure, but I think the line height doesnt go massive until at least 1 image is used in the display. THe images can be scaled just fine. If you like, you could specify a certain image size and I could run an ImageMagick script on my Sam to resize all 50 images or however many there are. :) Then I could upload it to my website for you..

emeck 
Posted on 2-Oct-2008 10:01:51
#28 ]
Cult Member

@jahc
Quote:
THe images can be scaled just fine. If you like, you could specify a certain image size and I could run an ImageMagick script on my Sam to resize all 50 images or however many there are. :)

Maybe this is something you can do with the library that Wanderer (link to Amigans.net thread) has made, so you can provide icons in one size and the user can show them in the size he/she wants.

Regards,
emeck

Crumb 
Posted on 2-Oct-2008 10:20:54
#29 ]
Elite Member

@jahc

I don't know if NList.mcc allows defining the text size/attributes of each line independently. IIRC Reaction's Listbrowser allowed it so perhaps NList allows it too. That would allow that if a line doesn't include smileys the line uses less space.

Deniil715 
Posted on 2-Oct-2008 14:13:09
#30 ]
Elite Member

@jahc

Quote:
I'm not sure, but I think the line height doesnt go massive until at least 1 image is used in the display. THe images can be scaled just fine. If you like, you could specify a certain image size and I could run an ImageMagick script on my Sam to resize all 50 images or however many there are. :) Then I could upload it to my website for you..

May be so. And yes, I would like it if you could autoscale them and upload

Perhaps you could make a few different sizes: x0.5, x0.75, x1.0(current), x1.25, x1.5 in different packages or drawers so users can pick whatever suits his/her resultion and taste best

Kicko 
Posted on 2-Oct-2008 15:32:03
#31 ]
Elite Member

@Deniil715

And i thought i was picky ;) I think the images are perfect size ;)

Deniil715 
Posted on 4-Oct-2008 16:19:29
#32 ]
Elite Member

@jahc

Sorry to bother you again....

Two issues:
1. Everytime I log on my display name resets to "deniil@algonet.se (E-mail Address Not Verified)". It doesn't appear to be saved, which is rather annoying. Is that a problem with my account/the server, or did you just forgot to give that sting in MUI and ObjectID?

2. Sometime I get a string like this from users I chat with: "<msnobj Creator="lexus7@ray.se" Type="2"
SHA1D="Jp6/nJtUmeoPTunskmySPQGKcXE=" Size="2090"
Location="0" Friendly="bwBrAAAA"/>"
What and why is that?

Last edited by Deniil715 on 04-Oct-2008 at 04:20 PM.

jahc 
Posted on 5-Oct-2008 4:25:08
#33 ]
Elite Member

@Deniil715

Quote:
Two issues:
1. Everytime I log on my display name resets to "deniil@algonet.se (E-mail Address Not Verified)". It doesn't appear to be saved, which is rather annoying. Is that a problem with my account/the server, or did you just forgot to give that sting in MUI and ObjectID?

Kicko might be able to help you with that. You need to verify your address on the web with MSN somehow.

Quote:
2. Sometime I get a string like this from users I chat with: "msnobj Creator="lexus7@ray.se" Type="2"
SHA1D="Jp6/nJtUmeoPTunskmySPQGKcXE=" Size="2090"
Location="0" Friendly="bwBrAAAA"/"
What and why is that?

Those are custom emoticons. MSN is supposed to download them when it gets a message like that, and then replace that junk with the graphics.

jahc 
Posted on 5-Oct-2008 4:27:12
#34 ]
Elite Member

@Deniil715

Quote:
Perhaps you could make a few different sizes: x0.5, x0.75, x1.0(current), x1.25, x1.5 in different packages or drawers so users can pick whatever suits his/her resultion and taste best

I'm feeling very lazy. Please specify the exact pixels height you want, and I'll do the conversion..
edit: early morning typo lol

Last edited by jahc on 05-Oct-2008 at 07:52 AM.

Kicko 
Posted on 5-Oct-2008 10:45:58
#35 ]
Elite Member

@Deniil Google is your friend.
Just search for "E-mail Address Not Verified" and you will have alot of help. For example the link here.

http://help.lockergnome.com/windows/email-address-verified-ftopict493099.html

Mrodfr 
Posted on 6-Oct-2008 17:15:48
#36 ]

@jahc.

would like to report a problem found:

I have given my MSN adress to a friend (also here). The next use of sabreMSN AOS3 here, I have seen his MSN adress on the sabreMSN list but on a grey state (maybe was not available). thats great.

wait some days and last week and ask me if his computer work and said to me he never switch off his computer and MSN allways running.

we have made another try. this time he have removed my msn adress and I have added his msn adress on sabreMSN AOS3 and immediately he appeared on the sabremsn list actually in an away state but green this time.

To make short: sabreMSN have a problem apparently if the contact adress is not created by sabreMSN but by the other person on his PC (green state forever).

Quote:
- adding users to your contacts list doesnt update their presence, so they appear offline until they change their online status

SabreMSN, when making a new entry adress not add AT ALL the new adress on the contact list. making the user to try to create more time the same adress but finally work when relaunch sabreMSN.

for the example described above, I must quit and relaunch sabreMSN to see my contact in green and away state.

Just some details but would like to give a more precise explanations. bye, jahc.

Last edited by Mrodfr on 06-Oct-2008 at 05:22 PM.
Last edited by Mrodfr on 06-Oct-2008 at 05:21 PM.

-A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+SCSI-KIT
-SAM440EP-667mhz-on MapowerKC3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disks Preservation Project

Deniil715 
Posted on 7-Oct-2008 10:48:43
#37 ]
Elite Member

@Kicko

Problem is that the e-mail no longer exists so there can be no verification e-mail send, and I don't want to get a new account with an e-mail that surely will get spammed.

@jahc

Ok, thanks.

Edit: I'll give you some pixel height when I get home and can meassure

Last edited by Deniil715 on 07-Oct-2008 at 10:49 AM.

karel 
Posted on 15-Oct-2008 18:10:52
#38 ]

Pleas update Sabremsn for sending file's.
os 3.9,A1200
file size not good.???
thanks...

Kicko 
Posted on 15-Oct-2008 18:49:36
#39 ]
Elite Member

@Deniil

Then you have to live with that message :)

COBRA 
Posted on 15-Oct-2008 18:51:06
#40 ]

@jahc

Quote:
Those are custom emoticons. MSN is supposed to download them when it gets a message like that, and then replace that junk with the graphics.

Would they be difficult to support in SabreMSN?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle