Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
24 crawler(s) on-line.
 53 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

fingus

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 fingus:  1 min ago
 VooDoo:  10 mins ago
 Vidar:  11 mins ago
 Karlos:  27 mins ago
 Marcian:  28 mins ago
 zipper:  37 mins ago
 clint:  37 mins ago
 AmigaPapst:  46 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 52 mins ago
 Cammy:  2 hrs 3 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4.x \ Workbench 4.x
      /  ...My dear Hyperion, is now the time to go to --> x86 ???
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 )
PosterThread
eXec 
Re: ...My dear Hyperion, is now the time to go to --> x86 ???
Posted on 27-Mar-2009 15:10:40
#761 ]
Cult Member

@wegster

Nothing to do with trolling .... People are saying that current hardware is enough and that
they are happy with it for a unspecified amount of incoming time period. ???

Will ti be also like with the classic hardware?
An emulation of emulated emulation?

Sad that it is translated as trolling...

All the best,

D.

Profile     Report this post  
SHADES 
Posted on 27-Mar-2009 15:12:41
#762 ]
Cult Member

@eXec

Quote:

eXec wrote:
@fairlanefastback

I see that only through a prism of naughty words reduction...

If I want to say that AOS should be ported to x86, i can say it 3 000 000 times
in a upcoming thread. Is that also forbidden?

All the best,

D.

bud, I do appreciate your support just cause it's nice, but I agree With Wegster and Yo.

Feel free to do that homework I just did and post to disprove someone else if you like but you are making people upset by just saying it's better and not giving your reasons why.

No disrespect to you :) I want to see you stay cause we can't afford to keep loosing members and I bet you could back yourself up if you tried. :)

Last edited by SHADES on 27-Mar-2009 at 03:13 PM.

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 27-Mar-2009 15:13:50
#763 ]
Team Member

@eXec

Quote:

eXec wrote:
@fairlanefastback

I said all the important already on the very first post of this thread, my thread. Now, 700+
post later it is a mass chaos full of insults and all type of arguments for/against.
Obviously it is allowed for the "elite" members to write what they want and to make
a jokes out of us who see the final frontier in platform switching. But for us
who are not getting into that group of elitism is the freedom of written word
obviously, FORBIDDEN!

Hmm, funny. One of my replies to you was edited by moderators after you made a comment they also edited. We were treated equally. Your "elite" member argument holds no water in my view.

Quote:
"prove" me your perfect replying skills and point me how deeply disturbed I am and that my wish of AOS to be ported onto x86 is a complete optimism.

I'm not replying any differently to you than I do to anyone else eXec. We both wish for the same thing. The difference is you keep saying it will happen and is inevitable without saying why or how in any practical terms. I believe its unlikely, for a variety of tangible reasons. Cheering that you hope for it is fine. But cheering that it definitely will without engaging in conversation as to why you believe that is counter-productive in my view. You did post for discussion after all right? Thats what a forum thread is for.

Amiga 1200

wegster 
Posted on 27-Mar-2009 15:15:20
#764 ]
Elite Member

@eXec

Quote:

eXec wrote:
@fairlanefastback

I see that only through a prism of naughty words reduction...

If I want to say that AOS should be ported to x86, i can say it 3 000 000 times
in a upcoming thread. Is that also forbidden?

All the best,

D.

No, you may not.

Reasons already given, but as you do not seem to 'get it,' here we go again. You'd be restricted for trolling and spamming already at this point if I were not actively in this thread.
From the Terms Of Service, which yes, apply to YOU, as well:
http://amigaworld.net/terms.php

Quote:

Requests from our staff: At any time, if a moderator or administrator makes a request of a user, that user is expected to follow the instructions. We rarely, if ever, challenge our users to do something (usually this has to do with an inappropriate avatar or some sort of aberrant behaviour). However, when it does happen, we expect it to be followed; participate in this site, and you participate in it as a privilege, not a right. You may always PM an administrator or the webmaster to ask questions or file a complaint. However, I place great faith and trust in my staff to do the right thing. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Disciplinary procedure: The staff may issue a warning, ban or account termination if they believe, in their sole discretion, that you have violated any of the terms of this TOS, or that you have engaged in any behavior that the staff believes, in their sole discretion, is harmful to the operation of Amigaworld.net.

The disciplinary procedure for violation of the TOS is as follows. (note: some offences may warrant an instant ban or termination, where this is the case it will be indicated in the TOS below)

1. Warning
2. Final warning
3. 1st ban 7 to 14 days
4. 2nd ban 30 to 90 days
5. 3rd ban 180 days
6. Account termination

Flame/Attacks: Do not flame! Flaming refers to derogatory, abusive, threatening, sarcastic, rude, or otherwise mean-spirited messages directed at members/users. Be cautious when using sarcasm and humour. Without facial expressions and tone of voice, they do not translate easily over the Internet in posts and may be perceived as flaming. Report the flame posts immediately to an Amigaworld Team Member so that the situation can be dealt with immediately. A warning may be issued depending on the severity of flame/attacks.

Troll: Trolls show no respect for other people's opinions and deliberately crafts messages to provoke others with the intention of wasting their time and energy or just to cause anger and confrontations. There is no point in arguing with them; their minds are made up. Ignore them, and report the posts immediately to an Amigaworld Team Member. Repeat offenders may incur an instant ban.

ite Netiquette: We share one common ground, we are all Amiga users! Respect other opinions, even though you may not agree. Everyone is entitled to their say, but please do so in a courteous manner. Off-topic posts will be moved to the proper forum, and further action may be taken against repeat offenders.

It's easy to flame someone if you disagree, but remember, that type of behaviour is strictly prohibited. We come from different locations, we are a mix of ages, and our backgrounds vary. Take that into consideration before you click the post button. A moment of thought is better than hours of grief. The general rule of thumb is treat others as you would like to be treated.

Spam: Spamming the forums with senseless, inane, or empty messages to increase your post count, or simply to aggravate, will not be allowed. This includes such things as chain letters and two-word "I agree" or "me too" responses. Continually posting the same topic on a particular board, and posting the same question across several forums is also considered spamming, and is a violation of this TOS.

Let us be clear - you have violated ALL of the above. Your call if you'd like to make it *worse* from here, or not.

Last edited by wegster on 27-Mar-2009 at 03:28 PM.

wegster 
Posted on 27-Mar-2009 15:18:50
#765 ]
Elite Member

@eXec

Quote:

eXec wrote:
@wegster

Nothing to do with trolling .... People are saying that current hardware is enough and that
they are happy with it for a unspecified amount of incoming time period. ???

Will ti be also like with the classic hardware?
An emulation of emulated emulation?

Sad that it is translated as trolling...

All the best,

D.

No, some people are happy with SAM, many are not.

Saying the same thing over and over again, without bringing any new information or discussion...refer to prior post quoting Terms Of Service. In addition to trolling, baiting, and flaming. Go re-read all of your posts in this thread, after reading the site TOS.

Not all of them have been, but a high percentage certainly have violated one or more of the site TOS.

eXec 
Posted on 27-Mar-2009 15:19:03
#766 ]
Cult Member

@SHADES

If they kick me out, no way that I am gonna come back.
Elitist are holding the planet, it is obvious.

I love my Amiga, I always did...and always will!
That`s the point... And if someone have a problem
with it, well... I can`t do anything about it.
I have almost all Amiga models, since 1992...
I have proven my Amiga patriotism, no need
that someone write me an official license that
I am an Amigist ..

Everything else that I am saying can be found in
Kennedy`s speech about secret society`s...
It`s practically the same thing.

Amiga Forever!

bernd_afa 
Posted on 27-Mar-2009 15:25:23
#767 ]
Cult Member

@fairlanefastback

>So run AROS, and make bounties to make AROS as much like AOS 4.x as possible. >Why do you need AOS 4.x at all?

but AROS have no chance against the Marketing of OS4. reason wy.

OS4 is called the offical OS.it is develop comercial from big company.
For OS4 are announced apps that are not announce for AROS.

See gorky17.This is announced since years for OS4.
OS4 sound so better, because there coming Gorky17 here.right ?.so in past years dev jump to it, do apps for OS4 and so OS4 grow.

but in case of gorky17 OS4 and AROS are currently same, both have no running Gorky17.

If AROS grow and get better, what is announced then to OS4 to make it in Theory better ?

coming soon real3d, coming soon Candy Factory ?

announcing and bring nothing seem not legal.see here what happen with Mattel, when they not release in a acceptable time what they announce

http://www.computerit-solutions.com/i/intellivision.html

"""
With the announcement of a computer keyboard Mattel provided for attention. This computer Upgrade proved as expensive and complex in the production, and finally Mattel was occupied by the Federal trade Commission (FTC) with a punishment by $10,000, which became daily due, until Mattel published the promised Upgrade.
"""
But who is intrestet if Hyperion or OS4 Side announce something and cant realize in acceptable time?

i think its a high risc that somebody invest money in AROS and then come more nice announced from OS4 side that let look OS4 better than AROS.

So you cant say a free OS get not better when OS4 fight for users and no working together is possible.

when OS4 and MOS get opensource, then there need no commercial fight for money done , anymore so the amiga climatic get much better and motivate more to join i think.

Last edited by bernd_afa on 27-Mar-2009 at 03:26 PM.

SHADES 
Posted on 27-Mar-2009 15:28:08
#768 ]
Cult Member

@eXec

Quote:

eXec wrote:
@SHADES

If they kick me out, no way that I am gonna come back.
Elitist are holding the planet, it is obvious.

I love my Amiga, I always did...and always will!
That`s the point... And if someone have a problem
with it, well... I can`t do anything about it.
I have almost all Amiga models, since 1992...
I have proven my Amiga patriotism, no need
that someone write me an official license that
I am an Amigist ..

Everything else that I am saying can be found in
Kennedy`s speech about secret society`s...
It`s practically the same thing.

Amiga Forever!

Ok bud, just calm down then there is no need to let anyone upset you, you are a good person and AMIGA needs everyone. We ALL understand your stance on the current debate and AMIGA situation. No need to keep posting or for others to provoke him further I may also add.

Just sit back and enjoy. the sheer logic of it all should carry this debate to it's natural conclusion regardless of if it is liked or not.
Don't start fighting with the Moderators.
Moderaters are needed. They keep the peace for everyone including the people who you don't agree with.
Moderators have to keep this peace and they get the final say, just as the people who own AMIGA OS will have the final say on if x86 gets considered or not regardless of who is right or the logicality of it all.

It's not that they don't like you personally. It's their job to Moderate and decide what is and what is not to keep everyone happy.

they don't want to bann you or they wouldn't still be talking to you to say stop. They like you and well, I am BIASED cause you cheer for me ;)

Who knows, maybe AMIGA and co really do have a just as good alternative to share as the x86 "seems" They aren't talking but this thread shows they have a product to sell at the very least even if x86 is out the door.

Last edited by SHADES on 27-Mar-2009 at 03:32 PM.

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 27-Mar-2009 15:34:40
#769 ]
Team Member

@bernd_afa

Quote:
but AROS have no chance against the Marketing of OS4. reason wy. OS4 is called the offical OS.it is develop comercial from big company. For OS4 are announced apps that are not announce for AROS.

Which brings up an interesting point. If the court says Hyperion can no longer use the Amiga OS branding, then what? Guys like you will lose all interest immediately?

BeOS fans have had to get over the branding with looking for Haiku to be the replacement.

OS/2 fans have had to adapt to eComStation as a replacement.

And the bottom line is those in control (at least for now) don't want to go x86. Why not write to them directly with your plea? (see http://www.hyperion-entertainment.biz/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=46&Itemid=53 )

EDIT: Also, what makes you think Hyperion is a "big company"?

Last edited by fairlanefastback on 27-Mar-2009 at 03:45 PM.

Amiga 1200

tomazkid 
Posted on 27-Mar-2009 15:46:51
#770 ]
Team Member

@Thread

Discussion continues here

(Reason: It is very time consuming to moderate large threads)

tomazkid 
Posted on 27-Mar-2009 15:48:35
#771 ]
Team Member

@eXec

Quote:
Moderation: A moderators say is final. When a moderation decision is made the moderator will document why either in private message or at the place where moderation occurred. This in most cases will be accompanied by reference to which Terms Of Service have been broken. Moderators are allowed to use their discretion in interpretation of the Terms Of Service and operate outside of the Terms Of Service where they see a need to intervene. Where you disagree, or feel unfairness is an issue, see Ajudication.

Adjudication: Whilst AmigaWorld.net moderation tries to be fair and balanced sometimes errors can occur. If you disagree with a specific instance where you have been moderated then please put your complaint to the Webmaster, an Administrator or another moderator for consideration and possible action. Arguments about specific moderation incidents are not tolerated on the public forum, use the adjudication process open to you..

You have already been adressed by two moderators here.
As Wegster points out, he is not moderating in this thread, so not counting those replies, but Yo gave you a warning as well as a request.

So, 7 day ban.
Welcome back next Friday.

SHADES 
Posted on 27-Mar-2009 15:49:04
#772 ]
Cult Member

@fairlanefastback

Quote:

fairlanefastback wrote:
@bernd_afa

Quote:
but AROS have no chance against the Marketing of OS4. reason wy. OS4 is called the offical OS.it is develop comercial from big company. For OS4 are announced apps that are not announce for AROS.

Which brings up an interesting point. If the court says Hyperion can no longer use the Amiga OS branding, then what? Guys like you will lose all interest immediately?

BeOS fans have had to get over the branding with looking for Haiku to be the replacement.

OS/2 fans have had to adapt to eComStation as a replacement.

And the bottom line is those in control (at least for now) don't want to go x86. Why not write to them directly with your plea? (see http://www.hyperion-entertainment.biz/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=46&Itemid=53 )

Yeah, we all know they didin't want to go x86, however that decision was many many years ago. The market is much differnt now.

I am hoping their stance is now a little more open to some well thought out, real suggestion for keeping their product in development and sale, cause that's all this is for me.

I hope they at least start entertaing the idea and perhaps research ways to do so now OR show us a similar alternative that is as cost afordable and future-proof. Or in the very least, tell us one exists with a timeline for some real info at least. The OS is only going to get more complicated and harder to port if it will get ported.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle