Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
15 crawler(s) on-line.
 148 guest(s) on-line.
 2 member(s) on-line.

OneTimer1,  matthey

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 matthey:  3 secs ago
 OneTimer1:  2 mins ago
 Karlos:  16 mins ago
 OlafS25:  23 mins ago
 pixie:  35 mins ago
 outlawal2:  1 hr 42 mins ago
 Rob:  2 hrs 32 mins ago
 zipper:  2 hrs 39 mins ago
 Luc:  3 hrs 55 mins ago
 kolla:  4 hrs 17 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  AmigaAnywhere gets introduced to the Pandora community...
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
PosterThread
Leo 
Re: AmigaAnywhere gets introduced to the Pandora community...
Posted on 4-Jul-2009 10:33:11
#141 ]

Quote:

http://www.kensonpro.com/_amiga/2_aa2_Shell.jpg

Is this what they call an "IDE" ?
Even Borland Pascal IDE released 20 years ago was more advanced...

Profile     Report this post  
Arko 
Posted on 4-Jul-2009 11:23:49
#142 ]

@linnar

Quote:

. No developer could ever work with an announced compiler it must be a real compiler..

Compiler is real, make small and fast code!
[/quote]

That's a lie there is nothing on Pandore, Linux, Symbian, iPhone, AOS4, AROS, MOS, AOS4 ...no one who ants to develop software for these platforms can use it.

I borrowed this comments from here (#27 & #28):
http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=38873&forum=2&start=20&order=0

Arko 
Posted on 4-Jul-2009 11:36:43
#143 ]

@linnar

Quote:

linnar wrote:
Here are some pictures from AA2:

Here are screenshots for SDL_

http://images.google.de/images?q=SDL%20screenshots%20games&oe=utf-8&rls=com.ubuntu:de:unofficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=de&tab=wi

SDL is available fo Linux. ( Pandore, x86, other devices ) AOS4,AOS3, MOS, AROS, Windows

So if I cokmpare the availibillity of SDL with AA2 there is a s simple result: SDl wins-

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=38873&forum=2&start=20&order=0

Arko 
Posted on 4-Jul-2009 11:46:23
#144 ]

@linnar

Quote:

linnar wrote:
Here are some pictures from AA2:

----

Here are some screenshots of SD gamesL:
http://images.google.de/images?hl=de&q=SDL+games+screenshots&btnG=Bilder-Suche&gbv=2&aq=f&oq=

SDL vs AA2 SDL wins

SDl already supports following platform:

Win32, Linux, MacOS Classic, MacOSX,

and

AOS4, AOS3, MOS, AROS,

SDL vs AA2 SDL wins again.

Rogue 
Posted on 4-Jul-2009 12:41:44
#145 ]
OS4 Core Developer

@linnar

Quote:
Aa2, however, different modules for different platforms on which the program connects to the platform. I have only tested the module for PC-Win and where it works fine. I have not tested if the controls work as it should, or if you need to include the lib for it. but then it is no longer platform independent.

Well I don't know how AA2 solves this, but I still fail to see a significant advantage.

Anything 3D (think: Quake) scales with display and can easily adjust to aspect. The textures will be an issue (ever tried to run the original Quake on a 1280x1024 display) but that is relatively easy to fix given different resolutions of textures, or downscaling/filtering textures upon loading.

The major issue is fitting everything you can on a screen without overloading it. Some games for example have their heads-up display tuned for a 640x480 screen. Play that on a widescreen TFT, and you need a magnifier. That issue is easily resolved, too, by scaling the interface or using bigger fonts. The key point, however, is that there is always manual work involved, and that work is basically the same independent of platform or underlying technology.

SDL supports shared object loading, so, provided the underlying platform supports it (a limitation that will always determine whether this works or not), you can easily load external interface modules from SDL depending on the display device you have.

Pleng 
Posted on 4-Jul-2009 12:51:36
#146 ]

@Rogue

Quote:

Anything 3D (think: Quake) scales with display and can easily adjust to aspect. The textures will be an issue

No issue with AA. It doesn't have any 3D support (according to somebody posting on GP32X.com)

AP 
Posted on 4-Jul-2009 20:41:45
#147 ]
Cult Member

@linnar: I am still interested why you think, AA2 is so powerful. No answers? Or is it because I know what AA2 is (and you can´t tell me, that AA2 has powerful, very secret features, that only you know of) ?

Wildstar128 
Posted on 4-Jul-2009 22:26:29
#148 ]

Since I am the jerk that started this thread on the other forum.

AA 1.52 SDK has a nicer IDE but AA 2.0 does not include an SDK and assumes the developer will use his/her own toolset and use the AA libraries included in the SDK kit.

The packaged Compiler is just a version of GCC - Mini-GW (spelling?).

Can AA be used and ran on non-Windows PC. Yes. The commercial program, IIRC have been ran on non Windows or WindowsCE OS.

The tool does have tool chain for ARM processor as well as x86. Instead of using aacc use your own package of gcc and bring over the AA libraries as needed. If you have a setup og GCC for all the different processors on Linux, ect. That should be fine.

The SDK toolset is a compiling toolset that has the full potential as GCC and if you use a standard package of GCC instead of AA SDK's built in C compiler. All you need to do is write the program in C/C++ and use the AA library. You are not limited to using the packaged SDK's C/C++ compiler.

So to repeat, use the libraries with whatever C/C++ compiler but should be comparably compatible with GCC and you should be able to setup the GCC for your target CPU and OS. That info can be found through GCC / MinGW (Windows GCC) and setup your compiling to cross-compiling and have have libraries setup properly and use the AA libraries as you need to for your project.

So, it should be without alot of rocket science but only a small amount of effort to compile natively to whatever target platform of your choice.

Wildstar128 
Posted on 4-Jul-2009 22:39:24
#149 ]

@Rogue

For your information, your actual display is 2D. Unless you have a holographic projection.

3D is handled individually by the app or via using 3D API in conjunction with AA but AA's API is more to map out display to how it is actually going to be outputted. You have to ultimately step the 3D modeled info to 2D raster. Rasterization of 3D info onto a 2D plane. AA is more a hardware abstraction level API not a application or game environment API and you can include and should be able include your 3D includes of choice but then prepare the steps out to 2D and use the display portion of the AA API to output the image bitmap frame. Even with real-time 3D rendering. Rendering in general is the process of taking 3D modeled information and textured and through mathematical algorithms and process - outputting a Perspective view or another Optical view of 3D information into a 2D pixel matrix.

So include the 3D API mechanisms as you see fit for the hardware. AA doesn't directly include them as it is intended that you can use a variety of existing APIs in conjunction with AA.

As suggested earlier, it is Beta and it can be presumed that you can use things like DirectX 3D or OpenGL and other stuff in addition. Keep in mind that some cell phones and devices that AA is targeted for does not have 3D hardware acceleration features and such. Some are just 2D display and you have to use a 3D software engine. There is a proof of a 3D FPS game (Genetic Species) on AA and is in the product section of Amiga Inc. website.

Darth_X 
Posted on 4-Jul-2009 22:40:22
#150 ]
Elite Member

@Wildstar128

Welcome to AmigaWorld.

Wildstar128 
Posted on 4-Jul-2009 22:50:44
#151 ]

@AP

Powerful is a relative word and is up to the creativity of the programmer. APIs in themselves aren't powerful and each app/game often uses one or more APIs and engines.

What can be done is up to the developer/programmer and how much you put into it. I could use a variety of game engines and incorporate the use of AA and build a game that uses AA and do alot. The question that lies is, am I up to the effort of doing all that by myself and not just the programming but also the graphics (bitmaps, textures, logos, sprites/Bitmap Objects, fonts, ect.), 3D modeling, animation sequences (clips), music, sound effects, ect.

There is so much and I am not sure that I would want to put that kind of energy and alot of those that produced AA stuff doesn't want to put that kind of energy as most of them are one or two people working to produced the stuff and also does other IT related services like Website design and Hosting and only program at a part-time level.

linnar 
Posted on 4-Jul-2009 23:37:32
#152 ]
Cult Member

@Wildstar128
Thank you, Wildstar128, you for clarifying Aa2 opportunities.

I am poor at English writable therefore dare I not to explain everything deeply. I have also had the idea of using my own programming packages and insert AA2lib there. It would help a lot because I am already familiar with development environment.

pavlor 
Posted on 4-Jul-2009 23:40:40
#153 ]
Elite Member

@Wildstar128

Welcome!

Last edited by pavlor on 04-Jul-2009 at 11:41 PM.

Wildstar128 
Posted on 4-Jul-2009 23:42:06
#154 ]

@Linnar

You wrote:
- I believe part of the revenue shall Amiga Inc take note of when it is sold by Amiga Inc's website or through the channels Amiga Inc has or will have in the future.

- As I see it is free to use AA2 and distribute the results of the compilation for free without paying anything for the Amiga Inc.
-------------------------

If you distribute your software for free, then you only have to pay Amiga Inc. only 40%.

40% of $0 is still $0. Also, I don't have the contract in front of me but it is sitting somewhere in 1000s of sheets of paper and just determining which stack is the tricky part.

I remember the 60% is what I keep and they keep 40%. This can just be if they distribute/sell it but if you find yours, let me know. The contract hasn't changed IIRC.

linnar 
Posted on 4-Jul-2009 23:44:22
#155 ]
Cult Member

@Leo

Quote:

Leo wrote:
Quote:

http://www.kensonpro.com/_amiga/2_aa2_Shell.jpg

Is this what they call an "IDE" ?
Even Borland Pascal IDE released 20 years ago was more advanced...

No, no, it corresponds to the Windows CMD or older Amiga CLI or from the Amiga OS 2.04 Shell.
There is still no really EDI to send the package. But you can use several other third-party editor for this purpose. You can even use their own C or C + + package for one includes AA2lib.

EDIT:
This wrong spellings....

Last edited by linnar on 04-Jul-2009 at 11:48 PM.
Last edited by linnar on 04-Jul-2009 at 11:46 PM.
Last edited by linnar on 04-Jul-2009 at 11:45 PM.

Wildstar128 
Posted on 4-Jul-2009 23:54:40
#156 ]

@linnar

Quote:
by linnar on 4-Jul-2009 23:37:32 @Wildstar128 Thank you, Wildstar128, you for clarifying Aa2 opportunities. I am poor at English writable therefore dare I not to explain everything deeply. I have also had the idea of using my own programming packages and insert AA2lib there. It would help a lot because I am already familiar with development environment.

Yeah, there is alot that a creative mind can make out of anything. Often apps/games are not limited to one api.

Anyway, some of the demonstrations made of AA1 and AA2 and stuff is because some folks have customized their tool set using AA libraries and not limited to one tool.

I could use Note-pad or any IDE to program any C/C++ apps and can use them with AA SDK stuff. It is meant to get people started with what they minimally need but some folks can use there own choice of compiler and IDE toolset. The trick is making sure you copied over all the files you need. There is a chance that you may need to copy some other files besides the actual AA libraries. I'm rather new to using it even though I had it for awhile but I just haven't spent alot of time programming for awhile.

For others here, I been on this forum since 2006 but haven't posted anything here until recently.

I'm happy to see more folks with AA and can connect with and hopefully re-spark some interest in making some apps for the AA regardless of issues with Amiga Inc. and Hyperion and Bill McEwen and so on. It isn't a bad API and should be able to be jointly used with other APIs, game engines, ect.

linnar 
Posted on 4-Jul-2009 23:59:11
#157 ]
Cult Member

@Arko
Quote:

Arko wrote:
@linnar

Quote:

. No developer could ever work with an announced compiler it must be a real compiler..

Compiler is real, make small and fast code!

That's a lie there is nothing on Pandore, Linux, Symbian, iPhone, AOS4, AROS, MOS, AOS4 ...no one who ants to develop software for these platforms can use it.

You have misunderstood me!
I say exactly who you are, right now is not the OS you listed. It is possible that one or more is not supported in the future either.
Remember that I lie not! I only describe as best I can what I have experienced and seen. The times I speculate as I usually indicate that I "speculate" or "believe".

Is really your postings on Aa2 or you have a different intention which we did not know?

Last edited by linnar on 05-Jul-2009 at 12:00 AM.
Last edited by linnar on 05-Jul-2009 at 12:00 AM.

Wildstar128 
Posted on 5-Jul-2009 0:01:12
#158 ]

Leo:

That is a command shell not an IDE.

Last edited by Wildstar128 on 05-Jul-2009 at 12:08 AM.
Last edited by Wildstar128 on 05-Jul-2009 at 12:08 AM.

linnar 
Posted on 5-Jul-2009 0:15:49
#159 ]
Cult Member

@Wildstar128

Quote:

Wildstar128 wrote:
@Linnar

You wrote:
- I believe part of the revenue shall Amiga Inc take note of when it is sold by Amiga Inc's website or through the channels Amiga Inc has or will have in the future.

- As I see it is free to use AA2 and distribute the results of the compilation for free without paying anything for the Amiga Inc.
-------------------------

If you distribute your software for free, then you only have to pay Amiga Inc. only 40%.

40% of $0 is still $0. Also, I don't have the contract in front of me but it is sitting somewhere in 1000s of sheets of paper and just determining which stack is the tricky part.

I remember the 60% is what I keep and they keep 40%. This can just be if they distribute/sell it but if you find yours, let me know. The contract hasn't changed IIRC.

It is exactly like this:

/.../ In exchange for the rights granted to DISTRIBUTOR herein, DISTRIBUTOR DEVELOPER will pay a royalty equal to Sixty percent (60%) of the Net proceeds /.../

It is also the distributor is responsible for all costs incurred card fees returns, etc..
The minimum amount paid is $ 100. Payment is made within 30 days at each change of quarters.

Wildstar128 
Posted on 5-Jul-2009 0:21:29
#160 ]

@linnar

Quote:
It is exactly like this: /.../ In exchange for the rights granted to DISTRIBUTOR herein, DISTRIBUTOR DEVELOPER will pay a royalty equal to Sixty percent (60%) of the Net proceeds /.../ It is also the distributor is responsible for all costs incurred card fees returns, etc.. The minimum amount paid is $ 100. Payment is made within 30 days at each change of quarters.

Thanks, that sounds right. In fact, you don't actually have to give Amiga a penny if you distribute yourself.

I wish I had my SDA in front of me when I posted my posts on that.

Basically, if Amiga Inc. distributes (hence the agreement there is that Amiga Inc. may distribute software I make and authorize them to distribute) that Amiga Inc. keeps 40%. They must pay me 60%. Not bad if they are doing the distribution service.

PS: Should that be:

... In exchange for the rights granted to DISTRIBUTOR herein, DISTRIBUTOR will pay DEVELOPER a royalty equal to Sixty percent (60%) of the Net proceeds...

Last edited by Wildstar128 on 05-Jul-2009 at 12:46 AM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle