Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
20 crawler(s) on-line.
 119 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 MarcioD:  19 mins ago
 Hammer:  27 mins ago
 kolla:  27 mins ago
 matthey:  34 mins ago
 NancyNash:  48 mins ago
 agami:  1 hr 18 mins ago
 Hypex:  1 hr 35 mins ago
 Karlos:  1 hr 37 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  1 hr 43 mins ago
 Rob:  2 hrs 1 min ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Software
      /  New game released :)
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
kas1e 
Re: New game released :)
Posted on 27-Jul-2009 13:38:26
#21 ]
Elite Member

@Lazi

So, the only way to try hollywood it's only buy it ? :( For example, i am never like any toolz of this kind on amiga, becouse they was always primitive, slow, buggy, limited by routines and so on. But Hollywood looks now pretty good, but still , before buying it will be cool to read for example fucntion decsription of all the hollywood fucntions. Or take a look on some "example" just to see how works with hollywood looks like. Or maybe some "video-lesson" will be cool (but it's all up to author of hollywood of course, just my 5 cents about :) )

ps. for example, can i done window without borders and gadgets in hollywood ? Can i handle idcmp and mouse wheel well ? Have hollywood minigl or warp3d support ? Can i configure the window looks deep like by the aos api ? ( i mean put only one closed gadget, remove gadgets totally, etc)

In last time i see that also some hollywood based progs are out (eye viewer, some sort of picture viewer for aros, etc). And these apps never crashes. That is pretty neat and easy for end developers. Just in interst how "deep" i can code it.

Last edited by kas1e on 27-Jul-2009 at 01:45 PM.
Last edited by kas1e on 27-Jul-2009 at 01:41 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
marko 
Posted on 28-Jul-2009 15:58:44
#22 ]
From: Gothenburg, THE front side of Sweden ;), (via Finland), EU

@Lazi

Quote:
kas1e wrote:

ps. for example, can i done window without borders and gadgets in hollywood ? Can i handle idcmp and mouse wheel well ? Have hollywood minigl or warp3d support ? Can i configure the window looks deep like by the aos api ? ( i mean put only one closed gadget, remove gadgets totally, etc)

Slightly off topic... but I wonder too..? Especially, if it's possible to create windows without showing the border and gadgets?

m4rko.com/AMIGA

softwarefailure 
Posted on 28-Jul-2009 19:40:21
#23 ]

Quote:

Slightly off topic... but I wonder too..? Especially, if it's possible to create windows without showing the border and gadgets?

Yes, that's absolutely possible. Already since the very first version of Hollywood :)

More information is available on http://www.airsoftsoftwair.com.

Please order Hollywood and support Amiga software authors! It's really worth it...

Thanks,

A.Falkenhahn

Tomppeli 
Posted on 28-Jul-2009 22:40:24
#24 ]

@kas1e + marko

Check these apps on os4depot.net. The most of them are made in Hollywood.

Templario 
Posted on 29-Jul-2009 8:44:01
#25 ]
Elite Member

@kas1e
Hi! Well, I programmed in Hollywood for example Acuario, if you want to see the code you can download from my other web:

http://geocities.com/morguesoft/MorgueAmiga/Screens/IndexGB.htm

In OpenCode; you can see the source code of my version although I'm sorry the messages where I explain what is every thing are in spanish.

The functions are much and they are in the guide, where you can to do almost of all; about some examples; Hollywood doesn't use warp3d, but you can handle the mouse wheel, other great example of one Hollywood program is Stickynotes in OS4Depot.

About Eye Viewer, sorry it is programmed in AmiBlizt the core, the pluggin for save the pics in the different formats, this is programmed in Hollywood because it has more possibilites that the AmiBlizt instructions sets, for example the antialias; reprogram it in Hollywood is an idea for get that Eye Viewer works best in OS 4.x and also in other systems as MorphOS or AROS. Because the best of Hollywood is that you can create executables for Amiga 68k, OS 4.x, MorphOS, AROS x86, Windos XP and MalaVista, and MAC OS x86 and PPC and now videos from your programs and demos, the bad that Hollywood has well, the few examples, because I think that with Hollywood we can make games, jokes, demos, of same level that with Flash, but without examples is very difficult.

kas1e 
Posted on 29-Jul-2009 9:38:32
#26 ]
Elite Member

@Templario

Thanks, i checked the source of Acuario. Indeed , it looks very easy, easer than "basic" language even. A bit remind me some demo-machines (like Karate, but more easy from the source/coder side).

The only one bad think about i think related to hollywood, it's that becouse hollywood does not support minig or warp3d, the "heavy" true-color apps will works slow on old 68k amigas. But for aos4/mos/aros it can be solution i think.

Imho to make hollywood more popular in end-coders area , need more code examples (somethinke like "hene examples" for opengl) and some video-lessons, to show how cool can be apps done by hollywood.

As i understand, hollywood coming with plenty of source code examples of some "cractros" ported by mr.x of barracuda , and of some "Effects" ?

Last edited by kas1e on 29-Jul-2009 at 09:42 AM.

Templario 
Posted on 29-Jul-2009 15:23:22
#27 ]
Elite Member

@kas1e
Yes, the code and programming some effects are very easy, with a few lines you can programm a single slideshow, but it is true that we need more examples, for example a single game step to step, and this words always I say it, in this forum as in the Hollywood list and even to Andreas, because for the people that are beginners or as I with few free time sometimes I'm lost. About the use of ward3D and Cairo, Andreas two month ago done a public poll where ask to user current and future this new improvements in a future version, I hope that yes, but I think that all go step to step.

About the examples there are several styles, and yes mainly cractros, but there are a Pacman game, a HollywoodAmp, a kid draw program, a Aqurium, a several demos of routines, effects and tricks that you can programming mainly for programming slideshows, intros, etc., with music, pics, etc. but as I ask one example to develop games to the Flash, or jokes.

marko 
Posted on 29-Jul-2009 16:57:17
#28 ]
From: Gothenburg, THE front side of Sweden ;), (via Finland), EU

@thread

Thanks! I've heard and read about HW before. Wonder though why I haven't seen a single line of HW code before. Didn't know this is this "advanced" and like a "real" programming language :-/

*having the feeling I missed something*

Well, I'm convinced, it seems like this is the program I've been looking for all time, (since my return to the Amiga scene some year back).

So, I give it a try. Order placed, Hollywood here I come

m4rko.com/AMIGA

Templario 
Posted on 30-Jul-2009 11:14:25
#29 ]
Elite Member

@marko

Congratulations for your choice, Hollywood is as Flash-Lingo in possibilities but more easy than Lingo.

Lazi 
Posted on 31-Jul-2009 12:39:18
#30 ]
Cult Member

HI!

The MOS and a slightly updated version for OS4 is downloadable from Aminet.

Jupiter Lander 1.1

I still like to hear from your choice of site to deploy w32 and OSX versions.

(The update affects the mouse pointer which is not hided anymore with windowed mode.)

Thanks all of your kind words!

Lazi 
Posted on 12-Aug-2009 10:48:01
#31 ]
Cult Member

I found a nice place for the win32 version.
If you are interested, you can get it from here:
ClassicÍRetroGames_JupiterLander

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle