Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
31 crawler(s) on-line.
 42 guest(s) on-line.
 2 member(s) on-line.

Hammer,  bhabbott

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Hammer:  3 mins ago
 bhabbott:  3 mins ago
 gonegahgah:  5 mins ago
 Hypex:  21 mins ago
 MEGA_RJ_MICAL:  32 mins ago
 matthey:  1 hr 55 mins ago
 Gunnar:  2 hrs ago
 DiscreetFX:  2 hrs 26 mins ago
 agami:  4 hrs 15 mins ago
 OlafS25:  4 hrs 27 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga News & Events
      /  AMIGA Name bought by Commodore!
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
PosterThread
WolfToTheMoon 
Re: AMIGA Name bought by Commodore!
Posted on 16-Sep-2010 13:06:51
#541 ]

@BigBentheAussie

Just seen this on the newly added PC64 section at C= webpage

Quote:
and a custom professional mechanical keyboard using genuine Cherry switches

YES!!!

BTW

Quote:
It's a real pity that I can no longer talk to the community about what we're doing because all I seem to get when I try to involve the community is grief. Oh well. Your loss. I guess we'll take a leaf out of Hyperion's playbook and be super secretive from now on.

That would be a shame, IMHO.

Profile     Report this post  
Birbo 
Posted on 16-Sep-2010 13:08:53
#542 ]
Cult Member

@BigBentheAussie

Well, we had enough patience...

Who cares, if rome wasn't built in one day.

Here in this forum are a few members who knows what it means, running a real business.

What Commodore USA is showing (with statements and website) is in no way professional.

The website looks horrible - the people doing this website had no idea what it means making a good website for a real business (and if you need a place-holder, please put you logo on a blank page...)

Please understand, that having patience is no more an option...

WolfToTheMoon 
Posted on 16-Sep-2010 13:09:27
#543 ]

@bitman

Quote:
So your gonna advertise for the brand without having any products at that time?

Commodore PC64 should be on the market by Christmas, as said by BigBen on other threads... that would be the marketing campaign for Commodore and it's products. Amiga will, presumably, launch next year.

eliyahu 
Posted on 16-Sep-2010 13:11:43
#544 ]

@WolfToTheMoon

Quote:
Just seen this on the newly added PC64 section at C= webpage

Quote:
and a custom professional mechanical keyboard using genuine Cherry switches

YES!!!

yup. same sentiments here. i've always loved the IBM type M keyboards and the keyboard clones that have started to appear in the past few years. nothing like that mechanical feeling to the keys when they depress. awesome stuff -- and something the original C64 never had.

so there's one improvement over the original right there.

Quote:
Quote:
It's a real pity that I can no longer talk to the community about what we're doing because all I seem to get when I try to involve the community is grief. Oh well. Your loss. I guess we'll take a leaf out of Hyperion's playbook and be super secretive from now on.

That would be a shame, IMHO.

gotta diagree there, wolf. i think they should keep quiet until they have something to show. better for them. better for us. well, at least i think so.

i'd also like these blasted threads about 'commodore USA' to go away until there is something to actually talk about other than stolen IP and cybernet PCs. getting a touch repetitive, these threads....

-- eliyahu

Last edited by eliyahu on 16-Sep-2010 at 01:13 PM.

BigBentheAussie 
Posted on 16-Sep-2010 13:13:01
#545 ]

@bitman

PC64 will be out....
2011 is really the year when things really start to happen.
2011 is the year of the Commodore Amiga.

Last edited by BigBentheAussie on 16-Sep-2010 at 01:23 PM.

BigBentheAussie 
Posted on 16-Sep-2010 13:21:59
#546 ]

@eliyahu

Quote:
one other tip, though: you might want cybernet to acknowledge some relationship with you guys. their sales people -- multiple sales people -- swear they have no relationship with you whatever

I feel compelled to post to straighten out stuff like this.
Of course we have a relationship with Cybernet..they are our contract manufacturer.
Why would the sales people know anything about what the top of corporate has done?
It's like calling Apple customer care and asking if they know about what is going on with Steve Jobs and his factory in China?

eliyahu 
Posted on 16-Sep-2010 13:29:24
#547 ]

@BigBentheAussie

Quote:
I feel compelled to post to straighten out stuff like this.
Of course we have a relationship with Cybernet..they are our contract manufacturer.
Why would the sales people know anything about what the top of corporate has done?

understood. that's a legitimate explanation. thanks for the confirmation of cybernet being the OEM supplier of the product, leo.

could you also confirm or deny permission from cybernet to have allowed the editing of their manual and reassignment of copyright to you, and, their permission to use their stock photography for marketing purposes? i'm sure this is on the nose as well, but having a company 'official' such as yourself confirm would help.

-- eliyahu

Last edited by eliyahu on 16-Sep-2010 at 01:31 PM.

BigBentheAussie 
Posted on 16-Sep-2010 13:37:02
#548 ]

Commodore USA Corporate page updated.

eliyahu 
Posted on 16-Sep-2010 13:42:59
#549 ]

@BigBentheAussie

Quote:
BigBentheAussie wrote:

i see barry is chairman of an actual board of directors -- his dog being a member notwithstanding.

i hereby retract my 'crack' about him being chairman of a non-existent board and am more than pleased to stand corrected. i have edited the post in question to reflect this.

for the second post today i am pleased to note things moving along in the right direction.

-- eliyahu

ruben 
Posted on 16-Sep-2010 13:48:01
#550 ]

@eliyahu

Quote:
his dog being a member notwithstanding.

For sure, a nod to Jay Miner's dog Mitchy who helped design the Amiga.
Nice touch guys...

Birbo 
Posted on 16-Sep-2010 13:54:03
#551 ]
Cult Member

@BigBentheAussie

So you gave the marketing to Korey Kay & Partners Advertising, with your chairman Allen Steven Kay as CEO and for this you did a press report?

If you wanna be serious, please don't make such things... it's just ridiculous.

BigBentheAussie 
Posted on 16-Sep-2010 13:54:04
#552 ]

@eliyahu

Quote:
i hereby retract my 'crack' about him being chairman of a non-existent board and am more than pleased to stand corrected.

Of course I've known about the board for quite a while.
I'd watch that Corporate page.
There's sure to be some surprises in the near future.

BigBentheAussie 
Posted on 16-Sep-2010 14:04:06
#553 ]

@Birbo

Quote:
Allen Steven Kay

Do you have any idea how well connected this guy is?
Are you kidding me?
This guy can get us more press in 5 minutes than any Commodore and Amiga thing for the last 20 years!!!!!
This guy is the REAL DEAL!!!
Don't be surprised when you see Commodore USA being mentioned all over the place in the next few weeks.
Hell, when he found out who else will be coming on board, he asked US if he could be involved!!!!!

Last edited by BigBentheAussie on 16-Sep-2010 at 02:05 PM.

pixie 
Posted on 16-Sep-2010 14:22:00
#554 ]
Elite Member

@BigBentheAussie

Quote:

BigBentheAussie wrote:

I just don't understand what's the problem between you and photographic machines... is that hard to put a photo which isn't pixelated?

Last edited by pixie on 16-Sep-2010 at 02:22 PM.
Last edited by pixie on 16-Sep-2010 at 02:22 PM.

elatour 
Posted on 16-Sep-2010 14:26:55
#555 ]
Cult Member

@Leo

Quote:
Any company related to the Amiga today, just wants to make money, with old/already done stuff...

Commodore USA just buying the name to resell existing PC motherboards. They wouldn't even release some Amiga in a Joystick. That would still be some old stuff, but a true new product.

And I don't see that changing...

You may be correct. But I saw this as a possible - even if unlikely - means to and end...with the end being raising enough cash to actually improve upon and release real and innovative consumer Amiga branded products in some distant future that would appeal to wider audience than just nostalgic hobbyists like me and many others in this community, which would elevate the brand and attract more investment whether monetary or otherwise as well as attract more interest and good will.

I was just being hopeful there may be a dim but nevertheless present glimmer of hope that something good could come out of it, ideally even with Hyperion taking part, but I have once again been shown that too many people in this community these days are more interested in shooting down ideas and the people that come up with them than coming up with their own or embracing new ones.

It's a sad state of affairs when people start getting personal and shooting down any new companies they see as a threat to their insular view of the world. It's one thing to be suspicious, critical or doubtful, but hulring personal insults at the company and/or the individuals running it appears to be more like delusionally paranoid people with personal agendas shouting down people they don't agree with rather than people that present objective criticism or want to encourage discussion to me.

I am utterly amazed at what has gone unmoderated in this and other threads on this board regarding this topic when I consider what HAS been moderated for far less when addressed at other individuals or companies.

Birbo 
Posted on 16-Sep-2010 14:28:14
#556 ]
Cult Member

@BigBentheAussie

Oh no, The next blatherskite.

Please, please - it is not that difficult.

1. Release a good product, before telling us that Commodore USA will be mentioned all over the place.

2. Show us, that you know, that you're serious. With or withour Mr. Kay

3. If you know the history of Amiga; be aware, that we have enough of vapourware - now we need facts - that's the reason, I'm on edge - and a big part of the community is as well

4. I'm happy, that you have Mr. Kay on board - but this doesn't mean, that you have to make a press relaese about a marketing deal, which is in fact an inside job. I feel like taken for a ride: If a person like Mr. Kay is responsible for such an ugly website, how could it be, that he knows what marketing is? I think, it is time to ask Mr. Kay about what's his oppinion about your website, showing his face.

elatour 
Posted on 16-Sep-2010 14:33:49
#557 ]
Cult Member

@BigBentheAussie

Quote:
If you get a kick out of incessantly belittling our efforts that says more about you than us.

I could not agree more.

BigBentheAussie 
Posted on 16-Sep-2010 14:37:01
#558 ]

@pixie

Quote:

I just don't understand what's the problem between you and photographic machines... is that hard to put a photo which isn't pixelated?

….Although Barry is Jewish, he is thinking about becoming a member of the Amish community, who do not believe in these type of machines. In fact, he is revamping our entire line and changing from Intel to Abacus. The screens will all be replaced by chalkboards and they will employ zero watts and employ strictly human and animal power. The new Amiga will in fact sport 953.52 million pages of memory, all from paper handwritten books!
How's that for going GREEN!!!
and NO carbon footprint

Birbo 
Posted on 16-Sep-2010 14:45:18
#559 ]
Cult Member

@BigBentheAussie

The comment from pixie about the photos was about the quality...

What did you understand?

Leo 
Posted on 16-Sep-2010 14:47:55
#560 ]

Quote:

This guy can get us more press in 5 minutes than any Commodore and Amiga thing for the last 20 years!!!!!

You may have as much press as you want... if you don't have a nice product to sell, it won't work.

And for now, your "Commodore-Amiga" is just... fantasy, much like your borrowed design.

How much are you going to spend on R&D to backfill these $30 million press ?

Btw, I can hardly believe you can spend $30 million on some press event and can't afford a $5000 website...

Last edited by Leo on 16-Sep-2010 at 02:50 PM.
Last edited by Leo on 16-Sep-2010 at 02:49 PM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle