Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
10 crawler(s) on-line.
 39 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 matthey:  26 mins ago
 outlawal2:  35 mins ago
 Karlos:  1 hr 5 mins ago
 Rob:  1 hr 25 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 29 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 32 mins ago
 Luc:  2 hrs 48 mins ago
 kolla:  3 hrs 10 mins ago
 amigakit:  4 hrs 22 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  4 hrs 24 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4.x \ Workbench 4.x
      /  LOTS OF AmigaOS4 NEWS!
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
vox 
Re: LOTS OF AmigaOS4.1 NEWS!
Posted on 10-Dec-2010 12:45:24
#61 ]
Elite Member

@realize

Yes, but it will not happen by anger and pusher style.
In reality, more things happened in 2009/2010 then almost ever before, including the start of the OO port. It`s obvious that now with EP460 and soon with X1000 OS needs to be updated, and it will happen, XMas or earlyt 2011.

When I say let them work in silence I mean that they know what they need to do (and yes, Printing is also one of the untoched features in OS 4.x) and that they are doing somnething even they are silent, and that they do press realise when something is out.

It`s still better strategy then million`s of big promises and little delivery I have seen since Commodore demise.

So, I can agree with you: they definitely need better PR, and products, they are coming.

OS 4.1 for Classics looks irrelevant to A1 and SAM users, but might be the last OS version for Classic`s PPC extending its life a bit, and it`s not an easy thing to do either since it`s lowerst PPC specs. It seems that there are still quite a lot of people having this machines working, and that it is finacialy viable as any OS 4.x version, otherwize I would count that as a bit of waste of time.

Profile     Report this post  
Deniil715 
Posted on 10-Dec-2010 13:44:18
#62 ]
Elite Member

@realize

Quote:
In silence? hahah thats a good one. Why would ANY tech company unless they work for the government or the al queda work silently with no comms?

You people need to wake up to reality. once you do things will be much better for everyone (devs included)

Wake and do what? Complain just as much and loudly as you? What good what that do?

Hyperion and Acube communicates and gives out just as much news, *relatively*, as other tech companies, they are just much smaller (than the ones you think about) and they cannot produce as much "news" and announcements as often as big companies with 1000 developers and 25 media representants can.

Please give one or two examples of companies that are the same size as Hyperion and deliver as much as Hyperion, but gives out much more news (that aren't just vapor!). Please, try.

djrikki 
Posted on 10-Dec-2010 14:12:58
#63 ]
Elite Member

@Rogue

As always we wait patiently for a full release, hopefully you will have it done in time for the fabled Amiga X1000. :) Either way I am buying one anyway, if I correctly understand the time line you started TW and got it to Alpha state in less than 9 months - pretty impressive. We can only hope you don't meet any huge stumbling blocks along the way to releasing version v4. :)

ne_one 
Posted on 10-Dec-2010 18:54:18
#64 ]
Cult Member

@Deniil715

Quote:
Wake and do what? Complain just as much and loudly as you? What good what that do?

The request is very simple: communicate to inform the community. It's not a criticism or demand for accountability.

The irony is that what is being requested provides an opportunity to maintain interest and promote sales. A simple blog update or a tweet is a minimal amount of effort to generate a lot of buzz and goodwill.

Tomas 
Posted on 10-Dec-2010 19:06:32
#65 ]
Elite Member

@Rogue
I sometimes wonder why you even bother to respond..
He is simply a troll judging by previous posts and keep attacking everyone who dosent agree with his views.

Tomas 
Posted on 10-Dec-2010 19:09:18
#66 ]
Elite Member

@zerohero

Quote:

zerohero wrote:
@Rogue

Quote:
How could anybody ever think you are a troll?Seeing how unoffensive you can argue your points.

This time he was attacked first, though.

EDIT:
Changed "In this thread" to "This time".

Is calling a troll for a troll attacking anyone? Why does he get away with calling people names, idiots, retards while we pretty much get warned for something as simple as stating facts??

I really dont see how you mods can sometimes be so blind you dont see that he is simply trolling.

ssolie 
Posted on 10-Dec-2010 19:19:46
#67 ]
Elite Member

@zerohero
Quote:
This time he was attacked first, though.

Are we all 6 years old? He hit me first! Come on...

We can't change what people say about us but we have 100% control over how we react to people.

The behaviour speaks for itself.

Tomppeli 
Posted on 10-Dec-2010 20:08:10
#68 ]

@zerohero

Quote:
There have been no reports of fully working USB2 anywhere?

You didn't bother reading Amigans.net or reviews from AmiWest2010 ? Don't make that kind of comments if you don't bother following Amiga scene frequently.

@all
I've been wondering why we Amigans don't show off our platform more. Do we really take everything always as granted. Start making videos and reviews showing off your platform. A couple of guys makes videos of every new feature of AROS. Few MorphOS people are over glorifying always everything they do. I don't tell to start over glorifying anything but only to "show off" some more. Show the world.

I think our community needs also a couple of individuals who are trusted and respected by all others, who are also honest and good behaving persons. Who also must know the latest version of AmigaOS very well. Everybody just have to trust those persons and we all must support them.

I understand very well that Commodore bankcrupt, Escom bankcrupt, Gateway killing their Amiga projects, A.inc failing, the court case and many other events have made us all suspecting always everything and not trust Amiga platform anymore. I have recently learnt start to trust AmigaOS again (with 4.1 update 2). We all should really learn to show respect and start trusting our beloved platform again.

Also all stubborn people with 68k classic machines. Join us with the latest software and hardware and enjoy some, not only fun but, modern and fun computing again.

Also I heard recently from a friend that there's old Amigans who haven't followed Amiga scene in decades and are not aware that AmigaOS is still developed and that there exists new software and hardware for it. But they could be still interested in this platform. So spread the word as much as you can and show off the platform a lot more. And start subscribing available Amiga magazines again. And writing reviews and articles to them.

wawa 
Posted on 10-Dec-2010 21:01:16
#69 ]
Elite Member

@Tomppeli

Quote:

Also all stubborn people with 68k classic machines. Join us with the latest software and hardware and enjoy some, not only fun but, modern and fun computing again.

are you adressing the likes of me? i find it a little offending being called stubborn in this respect. anyhow me sticking with 68k is not the result of my ignorance of os4 (and alternatives for that matter) but basd on my own experience and observation (yes i am following the course of events) concerning said os. and i am not just a singled out exception. i observe more and more former os4 users growing critical and backing off as time progress. im sorry but its truth.

Last edited by wawa on 10-Dec-2010 at 09:01 PM.

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 10-Dec-2010 21:28:33
#70 ]
Elite Member

@wawa

I can understand if someone like to have some thing original, or like play around whit hardware upgrades, Its just a hobby for most after all.

But when it comes to the future there is no point looking back, there are so many things that has made life easier, just think about having OS that does not need software patches, not needing to refresh windows because you downloaded some thing.

A computer that can play videos.
A computer that has modern hardware, access to new graphic cards.
A computer that has lots of RAM so you don't need to worry about running out of free memory.
A computer that can use new SATA controllers (No more wasting for thing to load).
A computer that can use quality sound cards, instead of 14bit sound you get from Paula.

And because you have more CPU power and RAM you can use bloat-ware web browsers of to day, so you can read your news, and login to all your social network sites.

Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 10-Dec-2010 at 09:32 PM.
Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 10-Dec-2010 at 09:30 PM.

wawa 
Posted on 10-Dec-2010 21:39:39
#71 ]
Elite Member

@NutsAboutAmiga

i do not need any patches anymore, all the patches are installed on my setup for years working well, i dont even remember what are the patches and what belongs to original os. i fail to see how this is different to any other updated os.
and what dou you mean by refreshing windows once you download something? there is a stone old commodity to handle this, i never rerfesg h the windows manually save say when i removed and then replaced an usb stick with some fresh data.

as for the rest the only significant plus on the side of os4 machines is the raw cpu power, but then any uae setup leaves them in the dust for nothing.

zerohero 
Posted on 11-Dec-2010 0:22:21
#72 ]
Team Member

@ssolie

Quote:
Are we all 6 years old? He hit me first! Come on...

As I'm supposed to be an impartial judge, jury and executioner in these cases, it is important to me.

If I were to expect all users to act as adults we'd have a lot less posters today than yesterday...

zerohero 
Posted on 11-Dec-2010 0:25:55
#73 ]
Team Member

@Tomas

Quote:
I really dont see how you mods can sometimes be so blind you dont see that he is simply trolling.

Sometimes it's as easy as I can't moderate a thread I'm participating in. If I'm blind or not isn't really an issue... OTOH even if he is a troll, does that make it OK for you to call him names?

zerohero 
Posted on 11-Dec-2010 0:27:25
#74 ]
Team Member

@Tomppeli

Quote:
You didn't bother reading Amigans.net or reviews from AmiWest2010 ?

I don't have an Amigans.net account, but from what I read USB2 wasn't finished yet. Feel free to point me to information that tells otherwise.

Tomas 
Posted on 11-Dec-2010 0:31:04
#75 ]
Elite Member

@NutsAboutAmiga
Quote:
A computer that can use quality sound cards, instead of 14bit sound you get from Paula.

I agree with some of what you said, but you can definitley add a "quality" sound card instead of 14bit even on a classic amiga.

Bobsonsirjonny 
Posted on 11-Dec-2010 0:31:58
#76 ]
Elite Member

Wow.. Checked in for my annual toe in water see what's happening thing.. and OS4 is still going! I'm impressed - I lost faith years ago..

Good stuff

Rob

Tomas 
Posted on 11-Dec-2010 0:32:41
#77 ]
Elite Member

@zerohero

Quote:

zerohero wrote:
@Tomas

Quote:

Sometimes it's as easy as I can't moderate a thread I'm participating in. If I'm blind or not isn't really an issue... OTOH even if he is a troll, does that make it OK for you to call him names?

Thanks for clearing that up. I still dont understand what is wrong with calling a spade for a spade though, but i will try to remember next time.

realize 
Posted on 11-Dec-2010 0:43:19
#78 ]

@Tomas

What is your problem? If you were intelligent enough to actually go back and read the thread you will see I was asking productive questions, not trying to "troll"

Removed last part, reason namecalling in foul language./tomazkid

@ Rogue

Thanks for the update. This is all I asked for.. You are right the proof of concept alone was an accomplishment. By why did you guys decide to go FF4 codebase and not ask the userbase? I think they would have preferred FF 3.x stable and working on amiga os instead of waiting another year for FF4 working well enough to use..

Last edited by tomazkid on 12-Dec-2010 at 01:32 AM.

hotrod 
Posted on 11-Dec-2010 2:10:23
#79 ]
Elite Member

@zerohero

Sorry but "I don't have an Amigans.net account"? You are free to read all you want on that site without an account.

Since Amigans.net seems to be very well known for being an AOS 4 site why not visit it and read then instead of sitting here complaining over lack of news (I'm not aiming this at you only)?

Last edited by hotrod on 11-Dec-2010 at 02:16 AM.

hotrod 
Posted on 11-Dec-2010 2:15:41
#80 ]
Elite Member

@realize

So now you're calling people unintelligent and again fanboys? I must say that the things you're writing are a real proof of intelligence. I am really impressed with your choise of words, your good opinions and your polite manner.

What good are you? Just go and hide under that rock again, I think that is for the better IMHO. You're behaving like that for what reason? Lack of news? How about trying to read the news that are available? Do you want someone to write you personal e-mails with updates? Maybe visit you in person and read them for you?

What's your problem? No really, what is it? Why can't you ask questions without insulting people?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle