Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
22 crawler(s) on-line.
 144 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 DiscreetFX:  17 mins ago
 Hypex:  25 mins ago
 AndreasM:  26 mins ago
 kolla:  34 mins ago
 Gunnar:  47 mins ago
 saimo:  1 hr 35 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 54 mins ago
 OldFart:  1 hr 54 mins ago
 _ThEcRoW:  2 hrs 14 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  2 hrs 41 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Hardware
      /  [Poll] Is X1000 vaporware?...take 2
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
Poll : Is X1000 Vaporware by Wikipedias definition?
Yes
No

PosterThread
AmigaHeretic 
Re: [Poll] Is X1000 vaporware?...take 2
Posted on 29-Jan-2011 8:15:56
#141 ]

@Rudei

Quote:

Rudei wrote:
@AmigaHeretic

Quote:

AmigaHeretic wrote:
@Rudei

I have my opinions and voice just as you do Rudei. I'm sad for you that you want to silence others.

I have no intention of silencing you, it's just you won't leave alone and are trying to wind people up - you know exactly what you are doing.

Rude!

What have I done Rudei? Let's see with the "facts" in February I warned/stated that this new "A-Eon" couldn't possibly live up to their promise of a "before summer" release date (having found out they had only recently received the board.

I was right.

After photoshopped images and a barely booting OS, I warned/stated that there release date "comming in Summer" was less than honest.

I was right.

After multiple missed deadlines with no explanation and not even to a point where they even could release the specs of the thing (ie CPU officially) I warned/stated it would not be ready by the end of the year.

I was right.

Now where are we with this new "A-Eon"? Taken peoples money and we have yet a new deadline on their website. Beta testers will receive boards in the "1st quarter 2011" and "retail soon to follow".

How about instead of pestering me you pester A-Eon as to why they keep making promises to the community only to break them with little regard and zero explanation? I think I am well within my rights to bitch. Until I hear an official apology.

I personally don't see much difference between this
http://www.troikang.com/ and this http://a-eon.com/

Profile     Report this post  
Rudei 
Posted on 29-Jan-2011 8:32:30
#142 ]
Elite Member

@AmigaHeretic

Quote:
How about instead of pestering me you pester A-Eon as to why they keep making promises to the community only to break them with little regard and zero explanation? I think I am well within my rights to bitch. Until I hear an official apology.

An official apology? You are seriously deluded man - things get delayed (as they tend to in the land of everything Amiga) - you are expecting an apology? For the product being delayed? Would you like it gold plated and delivered to your house? Would you like Trevor to pop round and apologise for a business/project plan not going 100% even though there was little chance that YOU of all people would buy such a product judging by feelings you have already made clear?

And taken peoples money? You mean the beta-testers yeah? I don't hear any beta-testers moaning about the board being delayed and they will be the only ones who have paid anything towards any product. Other end-users have certainly not paid anything to anyone at this time.

Quote:
After photoshopped images and a barely booting OS, I warned/stated that there release date "comming in Summer" was less than honest.

When I used the X1000 at the VCF in the Summer, that's right I actually touched one of the prototype boards which was in a case and running (it was definitely there, unless I was tripping, and I don't do drugs) and I'd hardly call it 'barely booting'; OS4.1 was there, it was running but it had not been optimised. I guess 'barely booting' depends on your point of view. It was slow.

I met the people from Varisys, Trevor and the Frieden brothers... they were definitely all there as well...more than I can say for Troika who promised a lot and NEVER delivered anything... never turned up with anything in an official capacity to any of the Big Bash shows and certainly never constructed a board that was shown to the general public.

Announcements have come through from A-eon over the past few months giving explanations of progress and more details as to why there have been some delays if you'd bothered to sign up to the website for progress updates which are sent via e-mail.

Honestly, your behaviour is absolutely pathetic, demanding apologies and these accusations of 'taken people's money' - you clearly have an agenda, ANYONE can see that.

Rude!

EDIT - removed drug reference, not a fair comment

Last edited by Rudei on 29-Jan-2011 at 08:39 AM.

amigang 
Posted on 29-Jan-2011 9:35:23
#143 ]
Elite Member

@AmigaHeretic
Even though I agree with some of the issues you have ageist A-eon, I found it hard to believe you when you said “Yeah, I was never against the X1000 or Trevor.” based on that post and other post you have made, even in this thread.

Its funny post 126 you say “And just to set the record straight those images are of a "home made" case that Relec brought. Nothing to do with A-Eon.” in relation of the boing ball case.

Yet you post an image in post 131 that I believe was taken at the same god dam show. So to just set the record straight those images are of a "home made" motherboard mock up that someone (maybe Relec) brought. Nothing to do with A-Eon.

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=31514&forum=33&start=20&viewmode=flat&order=0#556988 Message 37

"The "Boing Ball" graphic is obviously a mock up but it's the artwork that was sent to the case manufacturers to enable them to assess the practicalities and cost the design.
We had received a lot of requests about the final Case design and what you see on the website is what we intend to deliver.
TrevorD"

Oh and on Post 96 you can see why a photoshop version was decided on
http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=31514&forum=33&start=80&viewmode=flat&order=0#557201

Last edited by amigang on 29-Jan-2011 at 09:58 AM.
Last edited by amigang on 29-Jan-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Last edited by amigang on 29-Jan-2011 at 09:41 AM.

Kicko 
Posted on 29-Jan-2011 10:03:16
#144 ]
Elite Member

@AmigaHeretic

Jahc got his money back.

I would happily pay to be a betatester but im not a person that can sign an NDA.... as im not much of a secret keeper :)

And who are going to appologise to us for you trolling all the time.

Last edited by Kicko on 29-Jan-2011 at 10:06 AM.
Last edited by Kicko on 29-Jan-2011 at 10:04 AM.

jas_mc 
Posted on 29-Jan-2011 11:04:13
#145 ]

@AmigaHeretic you doofus

"Link to an official quote?"

Someone else has already supplied a link to the Amigaworld post where TrevorDick said that.

Not sure what an "official quote" is - hope you aren't going to move the goalposts. Your original claim was that A-Eon made no effort to explain that the image was a mock-up; don't now say that they should have done an official announcement on the A-Eon website or a press release or anything daft.

You also made this claim, which I don't understand:

"you posted that same pic over at Amiga.org and the very first response was that it looked different then the 'real A-Eon' case."

The first response to my post didn't mention anything about a case ('real' or otherwise) unless he later edited it out - the guy just said:

"That´s a nice photo. Weren´t the A-EON Boing balls the ones with less squares? Is it fan-art?"

That just shows he'd seen the original image and knew what the design would be. I've no idea whether he knew that the image was a mock-up 'cos he doesn't say.

stevieu 
Posted on 29-Jan-2011 11:43:24
#146 ]
Cult Member

@AmigaHeretic

Steve

A1200 - OS3.1: Blizzard IV 030, 64mb ram, 400mb HDD

OS4.x - Flying the AMIGA flag

wawa 
Posted on 29-Jan-2011 11:47:01
#147 ]
Elite Member

obviously, though currently only amiga heretic is voicing considerations in the open, looking at the poll results there is actually the same amount of people even on this site who agree with him as who disagree. so how are those people going to be convinced, that x1k is not a fail if they keep silent. is that what you people want: everybody to shut up?

number6 
Posted on 29-Jan-2011 13:24:48
#148 ]
Elite Member

@AmigaHeretic

"I personally don't see much difference between this http://www.troikang.com/ and this http://a-eon.com/"

I wouldn't expect you to.
Only a handful of people know the effect of the legal activity on all of the developers who attempted to establish a relationship during that time vs erm..
a-eon, who did not have to deal with that.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle