Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
13 crawler(s) on-line.
 110 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 OlafS25:  13 mins ago
 Bruce72:  14 mins ago
 Rob:  46 mins ago
 MEGA_RJ_MICAL:  1 hr 2 mins ago
 t0lkien:  1 hr 7 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 27 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  1 hr 41 mins ago
 Troels:  2 hrs 42 mins ago
 Gunnar:  2 hrs 57 mins ago
 zipper:  3 hrs 26 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Re: [Poll] Nibiru: What if?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 Next Page )
Poll : What do you think?
Plain simple paranoid BS
Interesting reading, still BS
Largely BS as Nibiru isn't nearby at this point
I'm open minded, could be true... But I'm sceptical
I think there's much truth in this
I'm convinced Nibiru/Planet X is looming nearby
Interesting gotta do some research

PosterThread
T-J 
Re: [Poll] Nibiru: What if?
Posted on 8-Apr-2011 15:24:56
#181 ]
Cult Member

@Lou

Quote:
Really? Next you'll tell me the generally, Chinese people's eyes look no different than the typical person of anglo-saxxon decent...

Irrelevant. Minor variation in the outer expression of the human phenotype with no relevance whatsoever to intelligence. Cultural differences mean that one can't simply sit a Chinese person in front of an Anglocentric IQ test, any more than one should sit an Englishman in front of a Sinocentric one. But there is no fundamental difference in intelligence. Humans are human.

Goodness me, I thought we'd seen the last of you lot in the great Eugenics debates.

Quote:
Does it really matter if they have a religion or not? It's what's important what was actually found? I love how skeptics always side track the issue. Why would a non-religious person look for Noah's Ark? The point is that it has been found.

Yes, it does matter. It matters because they started their investigation on the assumption that the ark exists, and that it is located at the top of Mount Ararat. Then they go out and, lo & behold, find an ark! On Mount Ararat!

Their bias is clear, and they refuse to be subject to peer review. Meaning that any 'ark' they find is suspicious from day one. If I had a pound for every ark that's been discovered in and around the vicinity of Mount Ararat and other prominent peaks in the Near East, I'd be a very wealthy man.

Quote:
I am not religious...AT ALL. Just because I accept Sitchin's translations doesn't mean I am religious. I simply accept his interpretation of the history of man to around 500AD. Infact if you read and accept what he has to say about why religion exists, you'd stop being religious too. However I stopped being religious decades ago based on my own observations and conclusions. His translations that I've only come upon recently have only re-enforced that decision. "Science" is still pondering the missing link in the meantime and has offered no continuity. Only isolated scenerios. As I said before, I like his story better than your story.

You are religious. You believe in Nibiru, and Sitchin is its prophet.

You accept his translations. They are demonstrably false. Therefore your belief in them is an expression of faith, therefore religious, therefore not science.

Science is not 'pondering the missing link', such an assertion is nothing more than a falsehood perpetuated by Young-Earth Creationists and their ilk, and has no bearing whatsoever on the 'continuity' of science's version of Earth history.

So admit it, drop your 'Sitchin is Science' stance and confess your faith in said prophet, or its the comfy chair for you!

Quote:
Are you religious? (I've asked you your views before but the typical skeptic always puts the focus back away from themselves... Critics rarely subject themselves to equal criticism.)

Religious beliefs? Hoping to find something in there to discredit me? Well, almost all real sceptics are perfectly willing to submit to peer review, quite contrary to your assertion in fact.

http://www.last-thursday.org/

There you go. Have fun with that one. You can't disprove me, so the Universe was created Last Thursday. By you. To test yourself. You're failing, by the way...

Profile     Report this post  
MikeB 
Posted on 8-Apr-2011 15:35:35
#182 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

Quote:
You are throwing numbers at me with no indication of how you're generating them. Organise them in a comprehensible format.

Simple math. We know the distance light travels per year. We know how fast the other planetary systems move within their orbit. It then a simple calcution to determine speed and relative speed based on your metrics.

Quote:
Of course, this won't calm your paranoia..

I'm dead calm and not really worried nomatter what.

Quote:
But its not on a 3700 year eccentric orbit. And it won't be coming anywhere near Earth. None of the proposed parameters allow for that.

You sound so sure. Why not prove this?

Lou 
Posted on 8-Apr-2011 15:42:12
#183 ]
Elite Member

I just found this:
http://news.discovery.com/space/david-morrison-nibiru-2012.html

Interestingly, I think the earliest "two suns" spotting was 2009.

This 2 suns video is quite interesting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMqJ3NCZJMg

It seems someone else agrees with Sitchin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brW0BRxecSk&feature=related
Llyod Pye's "Everything You Know Is Wrong"
Quote:
The origin of life, particularly human life, is one of today’s most intensely debated subjects. Ironically, that debate has only two socially acceptable sides: Darwinism and Creationism. Darwinists support the detailed observations and speculations of a brilliant naturalist, while Creationists support the various interpreters of the Bible’s scriptural teachings. Despite the passion and intellect exhibited by both sides as they defend their positions, millions of people remain unconvinced by the arguments of either. For those individuals, it is time to present a viable, comprehensive, third option, Rationalism, which is the formation of ideas and opinions based on evidence and reasoning rather than on secular authority or divine revelation. Everything You Know Is Wrong stakes out a solid, defendable, entirely new position in the debate about life origins and human origins. That position is bolstered by an astonishing array of scientific facts either unmentioned or conspicuously ignored by the two currently entrenched camps. By utilizing such a fact-based format, this book’s presentation of Rationalism offers a far more convincing explanation for the origins of life, and particularly of human life, than Darwinism or Creationism ever have….or ever will.

This is how I feel: Darwinism or Creationism are junk.

T-J 
Posted on 8-Apr-2011 16:04:08
#184 ]
Cult Member

@MikeB

The hypothesised Tyche. Its physical parameters are there along with the references to the relevant sources.

@Lou

More YouTube videos? No peer-reviewed science? Pfeh. And now that Sitchin is thoroughly debunked, you've simply switched to expressing religious faith in another nutter. Typical.

OK, so I need to modify my summary of this religion of yours: 'There is Nibiru, and Sitchin is its prophet. Pye is the first disciple of the prophet Sitchin, and shall continue his work.'

Lloyd Pye is another crank in the image of Sitchin. In fact, he basically copy-pasted his entire hypothesis from the Holy Trinity of the paranormal, Sitchin, von Daniken and Velikovsky. Thoroughly debunked.

Darwinism is a position based not on secular authority but on the conclusions of the scientific community based on reason and evidence. Your assertion otherwise is merely the rehashing of a usual Creationist attack. For some reason, neither Pye nor the Creationists refer to any later worker in the field than Darwin. Occasionally Dawkins gets some attention too, but usually its just quote-mining Darwin. Rest assured, several generations of scientists have refined and improved the theory.

Anyway, its obvious that Pye is wrong. The universe was created Last Thursday, by You. It might have the appearance of containing ancient civilisations, but that's just a test of Your faith. Prove me wrong.

Last edited by T-J on 08-Apr-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Last edited by T-J on 08-Apr-2011 at 04:09 PM.
Last edited by T-J on 08-Apr-2011 at 04:06 PM.

BrianK 
Posted on 8-Apr-2011 16:23:44
#185 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Llyod Pye's "Everything You Know Is Wrong"
Quote:
The origin of life, particularly human life, is one of today’s most intensely debated subjects. Ironically, that debate has only two socially acceptable sides: Darwinism and Creationism. Darwinists support the detailed observations and speculations of a brilliant naturalist, while Creationists support the various interpreters of the Bible’s scriptural teachings. Despite the passion and intellect exhibited by both sides as they defend their positions, millions of people remain unconvinced by the arguments of either. For those individuals, it is time to present a viable, comprehensive, third option, Rationalism, which is the formation of ideas and opinions based on evidence and reasoning rather than on secular authority or divine revelation. Everything You Know Is Wrong stakes out a solid, defendable, entirely new position in the debate about life origins and human origins. That position is bolstered by an astonishing array of scientific facts either unmentioned or conspicuously ignored by the two currently entrenched camps. By utilizing such a fact-based format, this book’s presentation of Rationalism offers a far more convincing explanation for the origins of life, and particularly of human life, than Darwinism or Creationism ever have….or ever will.
This is how I feel: Darwinism or Creationism are junk.

Llyod Pye displays a quite a few common misconceptions. Darwinism is a term basically used by Creationists to vilifie the opposition. More properly the Theory of Evolution has made many inroads since Darwin's day. Noteable Gene Theory which Darwin knew squat about DNA. Another is that the Theory of Evolution is neither a theory about biogenesis or abiogenesis. How life arose from non-life is currently not part of this theory. In short Llyod Pye's statement is a strawman logical fallacy. He assumes something that isn't there and then discussses such misconception.

We know various things today about organic molecules. They can be made by non-organic molecules and the conditions that existed in the early earth. Also, we know organic molecules are common enough in the universe that they have been detected on meteor sites. Life may well have arose from the earth, from outerspace, or from some combination. Right now science doesn't have a definitive answer but lots of ideas. (again highlighting Llyod's misconception.)

A good start is the wiki's info on the Miller-Urey experiments. Some background not here is Miller recently died. The results of these experiments had been saved. Miller didn't analyze all the results. There are many unopened jars that are being worked on. It appears Miller was moving from one university to another and hated the smell of the experiment. So while 'complete' it hadn't gone through indepth analysis. Which in a way is good because we have much better tools to analyze these results. The next steps would be further peer review, duplication, other conjectures .. You know all that science skepticism that helps us understand how the universe works.

Personally I don't think we'll ever know the true first transition point.

Lou 
Posted on 8-Apr-2011 16:23:49
#186 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

Quote:

T-J wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
Really? Next you'll tell me the generally, Chinese people's eyes look no different than the typical person of anglo-saxxon decent...

Irrelevant. Minor variation in the outer expression of the human phenotype with no relevance whatsoever to intelligence. Cultural differences mean that one can't simply sit a Chinese person in front of an Anglocentric IQ test, any more than one should sit an Englishman in front of a Sinocentric one. But there is no fundamental difference in intelligence. Humans are human.

Goodness me, I thought we'd seen the last of you lot in the great Eugenics debates.

The law of averages states that 1 out of every 5 geniuses lives in China.
I mean, let's face it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW3WVPwRQ-8

Quote:

Quote:
Does it really matter if they have a religion or not? It's what's important what was actually found? I love how skeptics always side track the issue. Why would a non-religious person look for Noah's Ark? The point is that it has been found.

Yes, it does matter. It matters because they started their investigation on the assumption that the ark exists, and that it is located at the top of Mount Ararat. Then they go out and, lo & behold, find an ark! On Mount Ararat!

Their bias is clear, and they refuse to be subject to peer review. Meaning that any 'ark' they find is suspicious from day one. If I had a pound for every ark that's been discovered in and around the vicinity of Mount Ararat and other prominent peaks in the Near East, I'd be a very wealthy man.

Is it 'they' or the Turkish government? All the news articles flatly say the Turkish government normally doesn't allow such missions. Keep using your 'subject to peer review' clause.

Quote:

Quote:
I am not religious...AT ALL. Just because I accept Sitchin's translations doesn't mean I am religious. I simply accept his interpretation of the history of man to around 500AD. Infact if you read and accept what he has to say about why religion exists, you'd stop being religious too. However I stopped being religious decades ago based on my own observations and conclusions. His translations that I've only come upon recently have only re-enforced that decision. "Science" is still pondering the missing link in the meantime and has offered no continuity. Only isolated scenerios. As I said before, I like his story better than your story.

You are religious. You believe in Nibiru, and Sitchin is its prophet.

You accept his translations. They are demonstrably false. Therefore your belief in them is an expression of faith, therefore religious, therefore not science.

Oh? Do I get on my knees every day at a certain hour to 'worship'? Or Sundays?
Now you are labelling me. That's typical of skeptics when they run out of 'scientific evidence', they simply raise questions about the people making claims. It's all classic really, just follow the formula.

Quote:
Science is not 'pondering the missing link', such an assertion is nothing more than a falsehood perpetuated by Young-Earth Creationists and their ilk, and has no bearing whatsoever on the 'continuity' of science's version of Earth history.

Oh? So you're the spokesman for all of science now? You're mixed up. Darwinism is what says there should be a missing link.

Quote:

So admit it, drop your 'Sitchin is Science' stance and confess your faith in said prophet, or its the comfy chair for you!

Your posting quality is degrading. You are just ridiculous now.

Quote:

Quote:
Are you religious? (I've asked you your views before but the typical skeptic always puts the focus back away from themselves... Critics rarely subject themselves to equal criticism.)

Religious beliefs? Hoping to find something in there to discredit me? Well, almost all real sceptics are perfectly willing to submit to peer review, quite contrary to your assertion in fact.

http://www.last-thursday.org/

There you go. Have fun with that one. You can't disprove me, so the Universe was created Last Thursday. By you. To test yourself. You're failing, by the way...

...see above.
As I figured, you won't hold yourself accountable to the same standards that you criticize other for. Pathetic.

Lou 
Posted on 8-Apr-2011 16:26:02
#187 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

Quote:

T-J wrote:
@Lou

Anyway, its obvious that Pye is wrong. The universe was created Last Thursday, by You. It might have the appearance of containing ancient civilisations, but that's just a test of Your faith. Prove me wrong.

You are simply trolling now.

BrianK 
Posted on 8-Apr-2011 16:26:42
#188 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

Quote:
The universe was created Last Thursday, by You. It might have the appearance of containing ancient civilisations, but that's just a test of Your faith. Prove me wrong.
Don't forget that one side effect of universal creation is mind wiping. Perhaps Lou's non-memory of such an event is proof of the event occurring.

Lou 
Posted on 8-Apr-2011 16:32:44
#189 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

I don't understand how that disproves anything. There was life here before the annunaki arrived. They simply accelerated the dna evolution of homo erectus by mixing in their dna. That's the story of why there is not visible evolutionary link between homo erectus and home sapien.

T-J 
Posted on 8-Apr-2011 16:41:44
#190 ]
Cult Member

@Lou

Quote:

That's right. One in five people, one in five geniuses.

Quote:
Keep using your 'subject to peer review' clause.

Indeed I shall. Science is peer-reviewed. Religion doesn't have to be, so you can hold a religious belief in these un-reviewed revelations. But don't pass them off as science.

Quote:
Oh? Do I get on my knees every day at a certain hour to 'worship'? Or Sundays? Now you are labelling me. That's typical of skeptics when they run out of 'scientific evidence', they simply raise questions about the people making claims. It's all classic really, just follow the formula.

To be religious, one does not have to worship at a certain hour, or to hold the Sabbath. One simply has to hold to a set of beliefs without relying on the evidence to back them up. There is nothing inherently *wrong* with this, but in the modern world, many with faith place it concepts more abstract than assertions that can be demolished with geology and physics.

So you have faith in Sitchin despite overwhelming evidence against him. Having faith is the definition of religious belief.

Quote:
As I figured, you won't hold yourself accountable to the same standards that you criticize other for. Pathetic.

Of course I'm accountable to criticism and reasoned debate. You respond to rational debate with an expression of faith in Sitchin. To which I responded with a similarly ridiculous theory.

You can't deny that Last Thursdayism provides a completely unbroken narrative, with no gaps whatsoever. You say the 'Annuaki' existed before Last Thursday? No, You created the Universe with signs of ancient civilisations built in with the appearance of age, Last Thursday.

Its completely explained everything in a neat little package that you can't disprove with reason, because according to the creed, You planted that evidence to test Your faith. Even better than Sitchinism.

Last edited by T-J on 08-Apr-2011 at 04:51 PM.
Last edited by T-J on 08-Apr-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Last edited by T-J on 08-Apr-2011 at 04:42 PM.

T-J 
Posted on 8-Apr-2011 16:43:33
#191 ]
Cult Member

@BrianK

Indeed. He created the universe and His human body, with signs of age, Last Thursday. His memories are simply to test His faith. As are we, with our science and reason.

Lou 
Posted on 8-Apr-2011 17:22:58
#192 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

Quote:

T-J wrote:
@Lou

Quote:

That's right. One in five people, one in five geniuses.

Now multiply by the population ratio and you'll see that there are alot more geniuses in China than the USA. Put them to work on technology and now you see why they 'own' the USA.

Quote:

Quote:
Keep using your 'subject to peer review' clause.

Indeed I shall. Science is peer-reviewed. Religion doesn't have to be, so you can hold a religious belief in these un-reviewed revelations. But don't pass them off as science.

99% of science is based on observation.
People have observed 2 suns in the sky and the individual videos I've linked have not discredited it. Your 'faith' hasn't come up with plausible explanations except some 'out of the blue' super nova that just happens to be perfectly round...personally, Nibiru is more reasonable.

Quote:

Quote:
Oh? Do I get on my knees every day at a certain hour to 'worship'? Or Sundays? Now you are labelling me. That's typical of skeptics when they run out of 'scientific evidence', they simply raise questions about the people making claims. It's all classic really, just follow the formula.

To be religious, one does not have to worship at a certain hour, or to hold the Sabbath. One simply has to hold to a set of beliefs without relying on the evidence to back them up. There is nothing inherently *wrong* with this, but in the modern world, many with faith place it concepts more abstract than assertions that can be demolished with geology and physics.

So you have faith in Sitchin despite overwhelming evidence against him. Having faith is the definition of religious belief.

So you would call Buddhism a religion then? No. I simply choose not to accept the accepted theories of how we came to be and to me Sitchin's explanation makes more sense. It's typical of people like you to attempt to label people who don't agree with them as a form of degradation.

Quote:
Quote:

Of course I'm accountable to criticism and reasoned debate. You respond to rational debate with an expression of faith in Sitchin. To which I responded with a similarly ridiculous theory.

You can't deny that Last Thursdayism provides a completely unbroken narrative, with no gaps whatsoever. You say the 'Annuaki' existed before Last Thursday? No, You created the Universe with signs of ancient civilisations built in with the appearance of age, Last Thursday.

Its completely explained everything in a neat little package that you can't disprove with reason, because according to the creed, You planted that evidence to test Your faith. Even better than Sitchinism.

A troll by any other name would still live under a bridge.

Last edited by Lou on 08-Apr-2011 at 05:24 PM.

BrianK 
Posted on 8-Apr-2011 17:27:10
#193 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

Quote:

T-J wrote:
@BrianK

Indeed. He created the universe and His human body, with signs of age, Last Thursday. His memories are simply to test His faith. As are we, with our science and reason.
That's a great story... Therefore it must be true.

T-J 
Posted on 8-Apr-2011 17:33:22
#194 ]
Cult Member

@Lou

Quote:
Now multiply by the population ratio and you'll see that there are alot more geniuses in China than the USA. Put them to work on technology and now you see why they 'own' the USA.

No, China has one in five of the Earth's population, hence one in five of its geniuses. Simples.

Quote:
99% of science is based on observation. People have observed 2 suns in the sky and the individual videos I've linked have not discredited it. Your 'faith' hasn't come up with plausible explanations except some 'out of the blue' super nova that just happens to be perfectly round...personally, Nibiru is more reasonable.

Those 'two suns' videos? Some are complete fakes. Notice how in some of the videos none of the passers by react in any way to the wondrous 'second sun'? Others show reflections in double glazing. Some are films of parhelia. Take the videos where the 'second sun' is near the actual one - Notice how the angle of view always puts the sun to one side of the film, and only pans to one side? Its because the second sundog is on the other side of the sun, revealing it to be nothing more than a perfectly natural optical phenomenon.

If your answer to this is to stick your fingers in your ears and quote Sitchin at me, that is faith, not science.

Quote:
So you would call Buddhism a religion then? No. I simply choose not to accept the accepted theories of how we came to be and to me Sitchin's explanation makes more sense.

Yes, Buddhism is commonly held to be a religion. Its a particularly philosophical one, but still.

So, to the point. You reject the theories backed up by observation and reason, and instead substitute Sitchin. You have faith in his writings. Practically a religion.

Quote:
It's typical of people like you to attempt to label people who don't agree with them as a form of degradation.

I'm not labelling you (aren't you labelling me as someone who likes to label people, I say at the risk of labelling you as someone who likes to label other people as labellers...) and I don't intend to degrade anyone. My issue is that you are presenting your faith as science. Which it isn't.

Last edited by T-J on 08-Apr-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Last edited by T-J on 08-Apr-2011 at 05:35 PM.

BrianK 
Posted on 8-Apr-2011 17:35:34
#195 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
I don't understand how that disproves anything.
The statement indicates that Darwinism and Creationism are fighting about the origin of life. They aren't Darwinism says nothing about the origins of life. He created a strawman because he assigned a statement to his opposition that wasn't true. Now he goes forward to dispove his false statement. Logically fallacy land here we come.

Quote:
There was life here before the annunaki arrived. They simply accelerated the dna evolution of homo erectus by mixing in their dna. That's the story of why there is not visible evolutionary link between homo erectus and home sapien.
The Annunaki never existed. We all know Xenu took souls from his planet and embedded them in nukes. He then brought them to ours and set off the nukes on the volcanoes. Its these escaped souls that mixed into the homo erectus and made homo sapiens. It's by redirecting your attention to the Annunaki that the conspiracy against Xenu prevents you from seeing the true story.

Last edited by BrianK on 08-Apr-2011 at 05:36 PM.

BrianK 
Posted on 8-Apr-2011 17:41:19
#196 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
People have observed 2 suns in the sky and the individual videos I've linked have not discredited it.
I disagree on the %s but for sake of other points let's accept it.

The other 1% (accordingly to your figures) is critically important. It's the validation step. It's one we figure out if what we observed is correctly understoon. There's various things that fool our observations. For example paradolia, let alone our memories. Figuring out if we understood the observation is critical.

Lou 
Posted on 8-Apr-2011 19:01:06
#197 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

Quote:

T-J wrote:
@Lou

Quote:

No, China has one in five of the Earth's population, hence one in five of its geniuses. Simples.

It looks like you've failed math. If China has 10x the population of a country, then it potentially has 10x the # of geniuses. Simple really.

Quote:

Quote:
99% of science is based on observation. People have observed 2 suns in the sky and the individual videos I've linked have not discredited it. Your 'faith' hasn't come up with plausible explanations except some 'out of the blue' super nova that just happens to be perfectly round...personally, Nibiru is more reasonable.

Those 'two suns' videos? Some are complete fakes. Notice how in some of the videos none of the passers by react in any way to the wondrous 'second sun'? Others show reflections in double glazing. Some are films of parhelia. Take the videos where the 'second sun' is near the actual one - Notice how the angle of view always puts the sun to one side of the film, and only pans to one side? Its because the second sundog is on the other side of the sun, revealing it to be nothing more than a perfectly natural optical phenomenon.

If your answer to this is to stick your fingers in your ears and quote Sitchin at me, that is faith, not science.

You are intentionally being blind or idiotic. If you look at the videos from 2009, then look at the ones from 2010 and this year, you can see that this 'optical illusion' of yours seems to be growing. In one of the videos, the one from New York, the camera goes 360 degress. In a couple of videos the people are shocked.

Quote:

Quote:
So you would call Buddhism a religion then? No. I simply choose not to accept the accepted theories of how we came to be and to me Sitchin's explanation makes more sense.

Yes, Buddhism is commonly held to be a religion. Its a particularly philosophical one, but still.

So, to the point. You reject the theories backed up by observation and reason, and instead substitute Sitchin. You have faith in his writings. Practically a religion.

But still nothing. Even a philosophy would affect someone's daily life. This knowledge doesn't affect my way of life. However, it seems to threaten yours or you wouldn't go so far out of your way to change my way of thinking. So you are categorally wrong and are simply mocking me.
My observation and reason says in 2007 someone predicted 2 suns would show up starting in 2009. Of course this link wasn't read by you..but ignored. In 2009, two suns begin to be video'd in the sky. Two suns were predicted by people who studied ancient texts from civilizations that seemingly displayed an advanced knowledge of our solar system. To me, it is it's own knowledge base regardless of whether or not it agrees with yours.

Quote:

Quote:
It's typical of people like you to attempt to label people who don't agree with them as a form of degradation.

I'm not labelling you (aren't you labelling me as someone who likes to label people, I say at the risk of labelling you as someone who likes to label other people as labellers...) and I don't intend to degrade anyone. My issue is that you are presenting your faith as science. Which it isn't.

...and your mockery continues...
You are presenting your faith in science as fact. Science is not necessarily fact as new information constantly comes all and challenges previously accepted 'facts'...which then become the 'new science'. Hence 'current science' is always behind actual facts in many circumstances.
Quote:
Science (from the Latin scientia, meaning "knowledge") is an enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about the world. An older and closely related meaning still in use today is that of Aristotle, for whom scientific knowledge was a body of reliable knowledge that can be logically and rationally explained.

Science is simply what comes to be accepted as fact but may indeed not be fact when another observation comes along and proves it wrong. So faith is science makes you religious, not me as I don't accept that it has all the answers. In fact science is limited only to what it attempts to and can explain. What it can't explain is not considered science. As I told you at the beginning of this thread, go back into your little box.

Lou 
Posted on 8-Apr-2011 19:02:35
#198 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
People have observed 2 suns in the sky and the individual videos I've linked have not discredited it.
I disagree on the %s but for sake of other points let's accept it.

The other 1% (accordingly to your figures) is critically important. It's the validation step. It's one we figure out if what we observed is correctly understoon. There's various things that fool our observations. For example paradolia, let alone our memories. Figuring out if we understood the observation is critical.

Ok, I have linked videos of people observing 2 suns.
Please recreate the results at a designated time and location of your choosing.

Kronos 
Posted on 8-Apr-2011 19:16:53
#199 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

2 suns ? Thats simple:

A stellar object bright enough to stay visible while "close" to the sun (when watched from earth) can't just appear and dissapear at random.

So we now ruled out the possibilty of those videos showing an actual 2nd sun.

This leaves:
a) optical illusions
b) fakes
c) a small very close to earth object burning up in the atmosphere

But some people still insist on believing any nonsense "cos its on da internex"

Mechanic 
Posted on 8-Apr-2011 19:45:40
#200 ]
Elite Member

@Kronos

Quote:

Kronos wrote:

This leaves:
a) optical illusions
b) fakes
c) a small very close to earth object burning up in the atmosphere

But some people still insist on believing any nonsense "cos its on da internex"

Is that true.

Must be, "cos its on da internex" .

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle