Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
24 crawler(s) on-line.
 101 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 kolla:  15 mins ago
 Hammer:  25 mins ago
 pixie:  44 mins ago
 clint:  44 mins ago
 rzookol:  1 hr 38 mins ago
 zipper:  2 hrs 33 mins ago
 fatbob_gb:  3 hrs 48 mins ago
 lewishamilton0998:  3 hrs 55 mins ago
 amigakit:  4 hrs 4 mins ago
 Rob:  5 hrs 6 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Re: [Poll] Nibiru: What if?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 Next Page )
Poll : What do you think?
Plain simple paranoid BS
Interesting reading, still BS
Largely BS as Nibiru isn't nearby at this point
I'm open minded, could be true... But I'm sceptical
I think there's much truth in this
I'm convinced Nibiru/Planet X is looming nearby
Interesting gotta do some research

PosterThread
MikeB 
Re: [Poll] Nibiru: What if?
Posted on 4-Apr-2011 10:02:50
#41 ]
Elite Member

@Niolator

Quote:
A planetary body of that size would have been detected decades ago

Agreed, but that's what the conspiracy theorists are saying.

Profile     Report this post  
Deniil715 
Posted on 4-Apr-2011 10:48:42
#42 ]
Elite Member

@MikeB

I strongly believe that if we had a brown dwarf somewhere in the outer regions of our solar system it would have been detected. After all they are on average about 400degK warmer than other planets and stuff. Even if it would be invisible to the eye, any IR detector would see it immediately if it came into view.

Life on brown dwarfs: Never heard of it, but I guess it would be possible considering their fairly comfortable temperature. May not be carbon/water based though.

I don't think there are any correlation between earthquakes, floods, magnetic pole reversal etc. and the possibility of a nemesis star that is still too far away to have even been detected.

WolfToTheMoon 
Posted on 4-Apr-2011 10:52:44
#43 ]

@Deniil715

Quote:
I strongly believe that if we had a brown dwarf somewhere in the outer regions of our solar system it would have been detected. After all they are on average about 400degK warmer than other planets and stuff. Even if it would be invisible to the eye, any IR detector would see it immediately if it came into view.

the problem is, there was no serious IR work being done until WISE. And since WISE will produce a huge amount of data, it might be some time before we know for sure. It's not outside the realms of possibility.

Quote:
I don't think there are any correlation between earthquakes, floods, magnetic pole reversal etc. and the possibility of a nemesis star that is still too far away to have even been detected.

Of course there isn't... that part is pure Nibiru BS conspiracy "theory".

MikeB 
Posted on 4-Apr-2011 11:11:52
#44 ]
Elite Member

@Niolator

What's your opinion about this video? A good fake?

This to some is thought to be Elenin/Niburi with alledged orbitting planets (Niburi is thought to have at least 7 orbitting planets):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zYhxCRtAgg

In any case I am sure NASA could easily provide some good pictures of "comet Elenin", but they don't. Also I think Elenin must have been found by NASA way before the announcement (regardless of this being a brown dwarf star or just a plain ordinary comet).

Last edited by MikeB on 04-Apr-2011 at 11:18 AM.

T-J 
Posted on 4-Apr-2011 11:44:16
#45 ]
Cult Member

@MikeB

Its an absolutely genuine video of the sun as seen through a double glazed window. Refraction, not a brown dwarf.

MikeB 
Posted on 4-Apr-2011 12:11:23
#46 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

A problem with all the hoaxes out there is IMO that genuine reports or findings will often easily be disregarded as being faked by default as well.

For cover-up operations hoaxes are a powerful ally.

Last edited by MikeB on 04-Apr-2011 at 12:15 PM.

MikeB 
Posted on 4-Apr-2011 13:11:29
#47 ]
Elite Member

What an expert has to say about the recent massive Japanese earthquake:

Quote:
"Nobody could tell the reasons about this strange phenomenon, " a prominent Japanese geophysicist Professor Michio Hashizume, who is lecturer of Chulalongkorn Univesity's Department of Geology.

His finding was presented at the round table discussion entitled " The new finding from recent earthquake in Japan and concerning related with Thai society" organized Chulalongkorn University's Faculty of Science.

He said he was surprised by this earthquake by the size of the area of fault. It was between 400 kilometers and 100 kilometers wide.

Quote:
These series of quakes are not the aftershocks. So far,nobody could explain how these small quakes linked with the earthquake in Sendai," Machio said.

The small quakes with between 5 magnitude to 7 magnitude had occurred in different areas in Japan. The quakes did not occur in the proper areas that aftershock should occur. The aftershocks should occur within 100 kilometers from the epicenter of the earthquake.

"This was very strange. Everybody is now being headache," he said

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/Scientists-puzzled-by-earthquakes-30150887.html

T-J 
Posted on 4-Apr-2011 13:40:38
#48 ]
Cult Member

@MikeB

Quote:
A problem with all the hoaxes out there is IMO that genuine reports or findings will often easily be disregarded as being faked by default as well.

That video shows the refraction and reflection of light through a double-glazed window. It certainly does not show a brown dwarf emerging from behind the sun. Even if we discard the massive weight of evidence against such a brown dwarf and presuppose its existence, such an object would appear so dim as to be impossible to see in the daytime sky. Especially when situated near the sun.

The most reasonable candidate for an object bright enough to have that apparent magnitude in the daytime sky, from its supposed orbit on the other side of the sun, would have to be another main-sequence star. There's only one of those in this solar system. There's also a few other odd objects that could appear that bright, but I'm sure we'd notice those. Well, actually we wouldn't - being this close to most of those would have wiped out all life on Earth some time ago, if it ever got started in the first place.

Its refraction. No other explanation makes any kind of rational sense.

Quote:

Earthquakes of that magnitude are rare. This biggest event in recorded history has therefore thrown up new data that will help us refine our understanding of earthquakes and tectonics. It does not indicate a fundamental failure in our understanding of why earthquakes happen, however.

What Michio Hashizume is saying is that there is the possibility that the Magnitude 9.0 earthquake at Sendai has triggered slip along separate faults elsewhere in Japan, leading to an unusual pattern of 'aftershock' that includes both normal aftershock and the activation of nearby faults.

MikeB 
Posted on 4-Apr-2011 14:09:56
#49 ]
Elite Member

@Deniil715

Quote:

As I stated before I agree. Actually in the 80s it was once reported Planet X / Nibiru was found using IR detection:

http://web.ipac.caltech.edu/staff/tchester/iras/no_tenth_planet_yet.html

From the New York Times:

Quote:
31-Dec-1983

A heavenly body possibly as large as the giant planet Jupiter and possibly so close to Earth that it would be part of this solar system has been found in the direction of the constellation Orion by an orbiting telescope aboard the U.S. infrared astronomical satellite. So mysterious is the object that astronomers do not know if it is a planet, a giant comet, a nearby "protostar" that never got hot enough to become a star, a distant galaxy so young that it is still in the process of forming its first stars or a galaxy so shrouded in dust that none of the light cast by its stars ever gets through. "All I can tell you is that we don't know what it is," Dr. Gerry Neugebauer, IRAS chief scientist for California's Jet Propulsion Laboratory and director of the Palomar Observatory for the California Institute of Technology said in an interview.

The most fascinating explanation of this mystery body, which is so cold it casts no light and has never been seen by optical telescopes on Earth or in space, is that it is a giant gaseous planet, as large as Jupiter and as close to Earth as 50 billion miles. While that may seem like a great distance in earthbound terms, it is a stone's throw in cosmological terms, so close in fact that it would be the nearest heavenly body to Earth beyond the outermost planet Pluto. "If it is really that close, it would be a part of our solar system," said Dr. James Houck of Cornell University's Center for Radio Physics and Space Research and a member of the IRAS science team. "If it is that close, I don't know how the world's planetary scientists would even begin to classify it."

The mystery body was seen twice by the infrared satellite as it scanned the northern sky from last January to November, when the satellite ran out of the supercold helium that allowed its telescope to see the coldest bodies in the heavens. The second observation took place six months after the first and suggested the mystery body had not moved from its spot in the sky near the western edge of the constellation Orion in that time. "This suggests it's not a comet because a comet would not be as large as the one we've observed and a comet would probably have moved," Houck said. "A planet may have moved if it were as close as 50 billion miles but it could still be a more distant planet and not have moved in six months time.

Read the whole article and remember the award winning astronomer M. Aaronson mentioned as a source in the article had a weird accident back in 1987 and died:

http://www.nytimes.com/1987/05/02/us/marc-a-aaronson-astronomer-killed-by-revolving-dome.html

Working with telescopes here on earth appears to be risky business.....

"When the door leading outside is opened, the telescope's dome automatically stops turning, but the dome coasts 5 to 10 feet before coming to a full stop, the authorities said."

It seems....

Last edited by MikeB on 04-Apr-2011 at 02:25 PM.

Magitius 
Posted on 4-Apr-2011 14:16:40
#50 ]

@MikeB

Quote:

A little more to the mix: http://www.fourwinds10.com/siterun_data/spiritual/specific_channelings/soltec/news.php?q=1244396486

Note the date when the original text was written.

polka. 
Posted on 4-Apr-2011 15:35:02
#51 ]

@MikeB

Quote:
So what do you think?

"Plain simple paranoid BS" is what I think.

Apart from that, this thread would better fit to "Free for all" than "General Technology".

P.S.: Does anybody remember the (in)famous Chemtrails-thread by falemagn?

MikeB 
Posted on 4-Apr-2011 16:05:36
#52 ]
Elite Member

@polka.

Quote:
Chemtrails-thread

That brings me to another common conspiracy theory regarding this thread.

Quote:
The Chemtrail Radiation Blocker Theory

As we know, barium absorbs radiation, that's what it does. Brown Dwarf Stars emit radiation, that's what they do.

Would it not be a logical conclusion that Barium Chemtrails absorb Brown Dwarf Radiation?

Our Sun produces most of it's energy in the form of light and heat. Much of the radiation is destroyed within the nuclear reaction of the Sun.

Brown dwarf stars don't have a nuclear reaction as our Sun does, as the mass is just not there. The energy being released by brown dwarfs is mainly radiation. Radiation from a brown dwarf is basically sub atomic particles thrown out by the cold star that reign down on Earth.

That is speculated not to be the only reason though. Sometimes the trails in the sky can become extreme. This was the case here the night after the night of the bright white Supermoon. It felt strange the yellowish moon came up reflecting a beautiful long line on the nearby lake. This while the birds made insane amounts of noise.

A crystal clear sky, the trails slowly turned into huge clouds. After a perfectly sunny day, the next day it was rainy and extremely cloudy only here in the North of the country. My wife told me she had an eary feeling about the birds and the amount of jet aircrafts flying that late.

There's much speculation, but conspiracy theorists think governments are trying to effect the weather. Maybe positively to protect the people, maybe also as a cover-up tool. If indeed an increase of radiation is expected, one could even think of another conspiracy theory. The Japan meltdown may be intentional to explain higher levels of radiation world wide. Now that would be something...

Other common conspiracy theories. 9/11 was allowed to happen and shows evidence of controlled demolition. Presumably to get a free ticket to tighten control and invade foreign countries. The Bush family is known to have been friends with Osama's family and the US provided Osama with a lot of power in the past.

Last edited by MikeB on 04-Apr-2011 at 06:23 PM.
Last edited by MikeB on 04-Apr-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Last edited by MikeB on 04-Apr-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Last edited by MikeB on 04-Apr-2011 at 04:07 PM.
Last edited by MikeB on 04-Apr-2011 at 04:06 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 4-Apr-2011 16:21:56
#53 ]
Elite Member

@MikeB

The towers came down so perfectly. Supposedly, thermite was used as they found magma at the bottom of the rubble.

BrianK 
Posted on 4-Apr-2011 16:55:44
#54 ]
Elite Member

@MikeB

Quote:
A lot of religious believes seem to be based on prior religious believes
Certainly and the original Apostles believed the end of the world would happen in their lifetimes. So much so that after Judas committed sucide the Apostles appointed someone to take his place (forgot name google it.). Why? Well they were each leading a tribe of Israel in the end days. View the last 2K years and you'll see the Christians with LOTS of predictions of the end times.

Quote:
All of them seem to speak of great floods and times of much trouble
Floods happen all the time. It's one of perspective. Thousands of years ago the 'world' for people was next door. A local flood easily can be coverted to a world flood in a story. ... I always wonder why people act like the old stories were all true and somehow fiction didn't exist until the 20th century.

MikeB 
Posted on 4-Apr-2011 19:02:04
#55 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:
Floods happen all the time. It's one of perspective.

The beginning of known civilizations originate from the highlands, that's where the original stories originate from. Makes sense as if there really were such great floods, people were more likely to survive high and dry.

The continent Atlantis is thought to have sunk during an exceptionally huge global flood ("The Deluge" or Noah's flood), much bigger than the last ones. Many people believe we will see a similar flood this time due to Nibiru passing us much closer than before (possibly a 'Pole Shift' taking place within in a matter of days, rather than a very slow one).

Possibly not only Tsunamis has and will cause flooding, also the sinking (and rising => Sea fossils found high up in mountains, such as the Himalayas) of tetonic plates can cause flooding. It looks like the Indian and Australian plates could sink:

http://www.sciencenewsline.com/nature/2010052812000013.html
http://www.physorg.com/news137683939.html

BrianK 
Posted on 4-Apr-2011 20:58:30
#56 ]
Elite Member

@MikeB

Quote:
The continent Atlantis is thought to have sunk during an exceptionally huge global flood
Atlantis was introduced by Plato as an allegory. Not to say cities haven't been destroyed by floods. Again fiction wasn't built in the 20th Century. It has lasted probably as long as man.

Quote:
Many people believe we will see a similar flood this time due to Nibiru passing us much closer than before
People can believe whatever silly ideas they want. As I said 'end times' is as old, at least, as Christianity itself. 17-20% of people believe that the Sun orbits the earth Ugh!

The other planets in the solar system have no measureable impact on flooding. The moon has impact on tides. How large of a mass and how close to the earth to cause flooding let alone to collapse a mountain?If Nibru has no present impact on the other planets in the solar system how fast, comparatively, is it traveling to reach earth by next year?

For me the above questions are the best part of Nibru. It's a quick fun question to help idenify how people suss out information. And certainly if there is some mass conspiracy that will result in the end of the world in 2012 there's nothing I can do about it. So back to playing w/ my PS3...

T-J 
Posted on 4-Apr-2011 23:38:36
#57 ]
Cult Member

@MikeB

Quote:
As I stated before I agree. Actually in the 80s it was once reported Planet X / Nibiru was found using IR detection: http://web.ipac.caltech.edu/staff/tchester/iras/no_tenth_planet_yet.html

But that link goes to a page from CalTech soundly refuting these claims of mysterious objects heading for Earth. They are all distant galaxies, except for one which is described as a wisp of galactic infrared cirrus. In short, a warmish cloud of gas.

The page goes on to categorically state that no such anomaly has ever been identified as a solar system object. So, it was not reported that 'Planet X / Nibiru' was found using IR detection, it was reported that IR anomalies were upon closer inspection identified as distant galaxies.

Quote:
That brings me to another common conspiracy theory regarding this thread...

Chemtrails? You must be referring to contrails, the perfectly normal trails formed when hot high-pressure jet exhaust gases mix with rarefied cool air. Nothing more than exhaust gases from jet fuel combustion, mixed with water vapour.

And 9/11 as a controlled demolition? First off, what's that got to do with the price of chips? And secondly, big towers like that are designed to collapse in on themselves in the event of catastrophic structural failure, so as to avoid splattering large swathes of city beneath them.

Quote:
The beginning of known civilizations originate from the highlands, that's where the original stories originate from. Makes sense as if there really were such great floods, people were more likely to survive high and dry.

No, the beginning of known civilisations are in low-lying fertile plains. There might possibly be older ones, lost beneath the seas which rose as the last ice age ended. Which could explain the flood myth. Areas of particular interest in tracing the flood myth include the Black Sea, which could have refilled during the early post-glacial period quite catastrophically for any people in the basin. But also remember that @BrianK is quite right - little floods happen frequently, and people tell stories that get exaggerated. There is no need for a catastrophic event.

Quote:
The continent Atlantis is thought to have sunk during an exceptionally huge global flood ("The Deluge" or Noah's flood), much bigger than the last ones. Many people believe we will see a similar flood this time due to Nibiru passing us much closer than before (possibly a 'Pole Shift' taking place within in a matter of days, rather than a very slow one).

There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever for a global flood, at any point in Earth's history. There is evidence for a near-global glaciation, but this happened ~650 million years ago and is therefore supremely irrelevant to most of humanity today.

Also, how fast is this Nibiru supposed to be moving? If its too far away to see now, but will pass much closer than before next year, it must be approaching relativistic speeds?

Quote:
Possibly not only Tsunamis has and will cause flooding, also the sinking (and rising => Sea fossils found high up in mountains, such as the Himalayas) of tetonic plates can cause flooding. It looks like the Indian and Australian plates could sink: http://www.sciencenewsline.com/nature/2010052812000013.html http://www.physorg.com/news137683939.html

Neither of those links suggest anything of the sort.

sciencenewsline mentions the discovery of a mineral only formed at high temperatures and pressure in the Himalaya. Nothing surprising here. It does indicate a depth of formation somewhat deeper than previously thought, but that just adds some extra weight to one of the three major proposals to explain where the rest of India has ended up. That is to say, its been thrust under the Tibetan Plateau. Regardless, since this is a major thrust and fold zone its uplifting a lot of rock. Sooner or later, its going to uplift stuff that's been pretty deep.

physorg on the other hand tells of a geologically rapid change in Australia's direction of movement some 26 million years ago, leading to its collision with the Ontong-Java Pateau. In the simple terms of the link, this collision brought the light, young crust of the Ontong-Java Plateau up against older, more dense oceanic crust. Dense stuff sinks beneath light stuff, so apparently where the Pacific plate was previously sinking beneath the Australian plate, now the Australian plate's oceanic margin is sinking beneath the Java Plateau. This makes sense, although I would have to get confirmation from a reputable journal before I made any final statement on the issue. I will categorically state that nothing said there indicates that Australia the landmass is about to sink, though.

@BrianK

Quote:
Atlantis was introduced by Plato as an allegory. Not to say cities haven't been destroyed by floods. Again fiction wasn't built in the 20th Century. It has lasted probably as long as man.

I would even go as far as to say fiction defines us. Pan narrans, as Pratchett puts it.

Atlantis is probably a fictionalised version of one of the several island cities destroyed in the Mediterranean region over the centuries. Santorini's 'Minoans' are a perennial candidate in popular archaeology, since they conveniently left survivors after the eruption to spread the exaggerated stories around, that eventually became the legendary utopia that Plato referred to. All in good fun, as long as its kept in mind that this can't be conclusively proved.

Trekiej 
Posted on 5-Apr-2011 0:23:06
#58 ]
Cult Member

Aaaaaahhhhh run for your lives it is the end of the Amiga World.

John 3:16

Darth_X 
Posted on 5-Apr-2011 3:40:30
#59 ]
Elite Member

Quote:

Lou wrote:
@MikeB

The towers came down so perfectly. Supposedly, thermite was used as they found magma at the bottom of the rubble.

Is there a link to this report i can read for myself?

tomazkid 
Posted on 5-Apr-2011 4:25:28
#60 ]
Team Member

2012 all explained, a 2 part theory.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle