Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
21 crawler(s) on-line.
 95 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

matthey

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 matthey:  4 mins ago
 pixie:  15 mins ago
 Rob:  16 mins ago
 FerruleMedia:  23 mins ago
 amigakit:  37 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  51 mins ago
 Dragster:  53 mins ago
 Karlos:  1 hr ago
 bhabbott:  1 hr 36 mins ago
 amig_os:  1 hr 56 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Re: [Poll] Nibiru: What if?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 Next Page )
Poll : What do you think?
Plain simple paranoid BS
Interesting reading, still BS
Largely BS as Nibiru isn't nearby at this point
I'm open minded, could be true... But I'm sceptical
I think there's much truth in this
I'm convinced Nibiru/Planet X is looming nearby
Interesting gotta do some research

PosterThread
Lou 
Re: [Poll] Nibiru: What if?
Posted on 20-Apr-2011 20:10:00
#481 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

Quote:

T-J wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
So let me sum this up:
Comet Elenin is found and it's orbit plotted.
On 3 previous alignments with this comet and other celestial bodies, major "events" happened. (see Chile, New Zealand, Japan)
This 'comet' is getting closer. It has more aligments happening listed per the timeline that I posted.

No, let me sum this up:

Comet Elenin is found and its orbit plotted.
On three previous alignments, nothing happened, so the Nibiru cultists fudged the calculations to make it look like the alignment coincided with conveniently placed disasters. This was easy, because there are thousands of earthquakes every year.
This comet is getting closer and will again align with other bodies, and will have no gravitational effect worth mentioning because its mass is tiny and it will remain safely distant from the Earth.

Yes master T-J. Anything you say master T-J.

Quote:

Quote:
What if Comet Elenin was orbiting something? Wouldn't that explain why it's visible sometimes and other times not?

It is orbiting something. Its called 'The Sun'.

The moon orbits the Sun too. Ofcourse from the Moon's perspective, everything orbits it. Just as when I jump, I'm pushing the earth away from me, not the other way around. Fragger keeps coming back though...

Profile     Report this post  
Kronos 
Posted on 20-Apr-2011 20:49:50
#482 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Some more predictions:
http://xkcd.com/887/

MikeB 
Posted on 20-Apr-2011 21:00:35
#483 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

Quote:
There is no Maya calendar related to science.

For the early ancient civilizations there was no difference between science and religion.

MikeB 
Posted on 20-Apr-2011 21:11:56
#484 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

Quote:
So to count longer periods of time than 56 years they developed the Long Count

I guess you refer to an Aztec calendar. The Aztec civilization originated from thousands of years after the Olmec/Maya.

BrianK 
Posted on 20-Apr-2011 21:34:51
#485 ]
Elite Member

Sorry for the double up.

Last edited by BrianK on 20-Apr-2011 at 09:44 PM.

BrianK 
Posted on 20-Apr-2011 21:43:45
#486 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
So let me sum this up:
On 3 previous alignments with this comet and other celestial bodies, major "events" happened. (see Chile, New Zealand, Japan)
This 'comet' is getting closer. It has more aligments happening listed per the timeline that I posted.

This statement is clearly bunk!

The major event of the earthquake in Japan occurred on March 11th. The 'alignment' supposedly occurred on March 15th . And certainly the prophesy was off as March 15th 2011 was not predicted to bring an earthquake but an immediate shift of the poles

We could look at dates of alignment published prior to Chile and New Zealand events. I wouldn't be suprised if their events failed to fall on 'alignment' dates either.

Lou 
Posted on 20-Apr-2011 21:57:17
#487 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
So let me sum this up:

This statement is clearly bunk!

The major event of the earthquake in Japan occurred on March 11th. The 'alignment' supposedly occurred on March 15th . And certainly the prophesy was off as March 15th 2011 was not predicted to bring an earthquake but an immediate shift of the poles

We could look at dates of alignment published prior to Chile and New Zealand events. I wouldn't be suprised if their events failed to fall on 'alignment' dates either.

The pole shift is a migration, not an instant process.
Also, depending on the actual position of the planets, the center of mass could have been closer on the 11th despite the alignment on the 15th and after it as well. If you recall there was a 2nd quake a few days after the alignment too. You also are refusing to accept room for error in the calculation of orbits considering these bodies are travelling in the hunderds of thousands of miles per hour. In fact all scientific calculations are presented with an error correction factor. But let's ignore that to debunk this, ok, sure.

So if another earthquake happens 4 days before or after the next alignment and the next alignment then clearly this Elenin alignment stuff is bunk, right?

It brings back what I've said before: how many coincidences in a row will it take?

MikeB 
Posted on 20-Apr-2011 21:57:37
#488 ]
Elite Member

If the Olmec/Maya religious calendars are prohectic, I think either it was told to them by their gods (the annunaki theory) or it may be due to shamans using DMT to enable them to use their 3rd eye in some way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQf9rn96CRQ

Nimrod 
Posted on 20-Apr-2011 22:36:29
#489 ]

@MikeB

Quote:
If the Olmec/Maya religious calendars are prohectic, I think either it was told to them by their gods (the annunaki theory) or it may be due to shamans using DMT to enable them to use their 3rd eye in some way.

IF [Condition] THEN : [Supposition] OR [Supposition].
Have you ever heard of the word evidence?
Does this honestly pass for logical thinking?

If pigs could fly, bacon would go up.

MikeB 
Posted on 20-Apr-2011 22:49:46
#490 ]
Elite Member

Last year we experienced *snow* here in the Netherlands during easter weekend, this year it will be baking hot up to 27 degrees Celsius. That's quite a turnaround.

It will be the hottest easter weekend on record for northern european countries.

T-J 
Posted on 20-Apr-2011 22:54:25
#491 ]
Cult Member

-double post due to editing-

Last edited by T-J on 20-Apr-2011 at 11:11 PM.

T-J 
Posted on 20-Apr-2011 23:09:31
#492 ]
Cult Member

@MikeB

Quote:
I guess you refer to an Aztec calendar. The Aztec civilization originated from thousands of years after the Olmec/Maya.

No, I'm referring to the Maya calendar. They used the Tzolkin for religion, the Haab for agriculture and the Long Count for history.

Much as we use weeks for religion, months for agriculture and years for history.

Quote:
it may be due to shamans using DMT to enable them to use their 3rd eye in some way.

Do you just automatically believe in every bunk theory with no evidence to support it that you stumble across? I'm just curious, given the track record:

Sitchin - only a small cult of faithful followers and no expertise or ability, against the entire archaeological and linguistic fields. You think he's probably correct.

Strepulsion Guy - no followers, falsified credentials, purchased diplomas and self-granted awards. You take his word as gospel.

'3rd Eye' - no evidence for it, and you even acknowledge that the effect would be achieved using a hallucinogen, yet you propose it as if it were a completely rational, accepted fact.

General Relativity - Thousands of researchers actively using it to accurately describe the universe, yet you dismiss it out of hand as a matter of course. At the word of Strepulsion Guy, no less.

It seems to me that the amount of credit you award to a given theory is inversely proportional to the number of serious researchers, peer-reviewed articles and accurate observations said theory has/generates/allows. This is confusing.

@Leo

Quote:
The pole shift is a migration, not an instant process.

The first thing you've posted that makes any sense whatsoever. Congratulations. You're right, geomagnetic reversal is a slow process. It generally takes over a century and is driven by chaotic flow patterns in the Earth's core.

Quote:
So if another earthquake happens 4 days before or after the next alignment and the next alignment then clearly this Elenin alignment stuff is bunk, right? It brings back what I've said before: how many coincidences in a row will it take?

Oh, but there you blew it again.

It makes no difference whatsoever if you can find some other conveniently located disasters within a week of your alignment, because earthquakes are so frequent that they are practically guaranteed to happen!

Look earlier in this thread - there was a 7.0 Magnitude earthquake near Indonesia that was being panicked about. If the Japan quake hadn't happened, you'd probably be latching onto that one and claiming it as evidence for your bunk theory.

And besides, coincidence is irrelevant. We require evidence. You cannot provide any evidence for Elenin being any more massive than, say, Halley's Comet, which means that its gravitational impact on the Earth is negligible, which means that it cannot be responsible for anything happening down here.

Quote:
Yes master T-J. Anything you say master T-J.

Now that's more like it. I could get used to this.

MikeB 
Posted on 20-Apr-2011 23:14:18
#493 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

Quote:
No, I'm referring to the Maya calendar

Then you made a mistake in your counting.

Quote:
Look earlier in this thread - there was a 7.0 Magnitude earthquake near Indonesia that was being panicked about. If the Japan quake hadn't happened, you'd probably be latching onto that one and claiming it as evidence for your bunk theory.

The Japanese earthquake was special (as also scientists point out).

As for Indonesia, the whole region is in dire state (flooding), from Thailand, Philippines to Australia. So sufficient reasons to be panicking over this for locals.

Last edited by MikeB on 20-Apr-2011 at 11:16 PM.

T-J 
Posted on 20-Apr-2011 23:20:49
#494 ]
Cult Member

@MikeB

Quote:
Then you made a mistake in your counting of years.

Explain. Because if I made a mistake counting years, its present in all the literature on the ancient Maya. The archaeology shows that the Maya used the three calendars I described, and their eschatology held that the Universe was created in 3114 BC.

Quote:
The Japanese earthquake was special. As for Indonesia, the whole region is in dire state, from Thailand, Philippines to Australia. So sufficient reasons to be panicking over this for locals.

Oh, 'special', was it? In what way 'special'?

And of course the whole region from Thailand, round the Phillipines through Indonesia to Papua New Guinea and down towards New Zealand is in a dire state. Its called a subduction zone and its really quite natural. Plate tectonics, you see.

MikeB 
Posted on 20-Apr-2011 23:24:00
#495 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

Quote:
'3rd Eye' - no evidence for it, and you even acknowledge that the effect would be achieved using a hallucinogen

DMT is made by the human body itself. It is believed to be released en masse during NDEs.

The 3rd eye exists in human kind (as well as animals), it was even discovered the section is made out of similar cells as optical cells.

T-J 
Posted on 20-Apr-2011 23:27:46
#496 ]
Cult Member

@MikeB

I think you're getting very close to having another facepalm picture posted up here. Third eye, sorry, its just so much bunk used by mediums to get your cash, among other things.

I don't know what it is you're on about now, but you're certainly demonstrating that proving anything to you Nibirists is 'like nailing fog to a wall'. You've simply melted away from the previous field of engagement over the physics of Comet Elenin and on to whatever this New Age herbal transcendence stuff is.

Last edited by T-J on 20-Apr-2011 at 11:35 PM.
Last edited by T-J on 20-Apr-2011 at 11:30 PM.

Nimrod 
Posted on 20-Apr-2011 23:41:29
#497 ]

@MikeB

Quote:
Last year we experienced *snow* here in the Netherlands during easter weekend, this year it will be baking hot up to 27 degrees Celsius. That's quite a turnaround.

O.K. So if it wasn't snow, what do you think it was. Fairy dust?
Last year Easter was 3 weeks earlier than this year.
In June 1972, we had 100mm of snow in East Anglia, 3 weeks later we were in the middle of a heat wave. It's called weather, and it changes. That's why the English always talk about it.

MikeB 
Posted on 20-Apr-2011 23:56:11
#498 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

Quote:
Universe was created in 3114 BC.

No, not even the creation of the world. It is one of previous long cycles which have come before.

According a modern day maya shaman: "It is the return of the ancestors. It is the return of the men of wisdom."

It marks the end of an era. The beginning of a new age as I stated before.

MikeB 
Posted on 21-Apr-2011 0:09:02
#499 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:
O.K. So if it wasn't snow, what do you think it was. Fairy dust?

You misunderstood.

Sometimes I use the asterisk instead of bolding.

"Usenet Style Emphasis

At the time of the release of Wiki in 1995 the Usenet (i.e. News) was quite active and mature. There evolved on there a common convention that asterisks on either side of text signified bold."

BrianK 
Posted on 21-Apr-2011 0:12:53
#500 ]
Elite Member

EDIT is broke in the new AmigaWorld!

Last edited by BrianK on 21-Apr-2011 at 12:27 AM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle