Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
26 crawler(s) on-line.
 103 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 zipper:  13 mins ago
 pixie:  48 mins ago
 fatbob_gb:  1 hr 29 mins ago
 lewishamilton0998:  1 hr 36 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 45 mins ago
 Hammer:  1 hr 48 mins ago
 Rob:  2 hrs 47 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  2 hrs 50 mins ago
 VooDoo:  2 hrs 56 mins ago
 agami:  4 hrs 15 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Re: [Poll] Nibiru: What if?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 Next Page )
Poll : What do you think?
Plain simple paranoid BS
Interesting reading, still BS
Largely BS as Nibiru isn't nearby at this point
I'm open minded, could be true... But I'm sceptical
I think there's much truth in this
I'm convinced Nibiru/Planet X is looming nearby
Interesting gotta do some research

PosterThread
Trekiej 
Re: [Poll] Nibiru: What if?
Posted on 5-Apr-2011 5:24:29
#61 ]
Cult Member

Here is a wild one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5y1dUPfvuo&feature=feedu

John 3:16

Profile     Report this post  
Lou 
Posted on 5-Apr-2011 5:59:24
#62 ]
Elite Member

@tomazkid

Quote:

tomazkid wrote:

2012 all explained, a 2 part theory.

This guy's hilarious. He sounds all credible then at the end throws in his personal opinion about the bible which is a collection of hand-me-down stories from the even more ancient Sumerian texts he just called hogwash. Especially like how he states that a guy could plot the stars then so would his grandson 72 years later...cuz you know I'm certainly living up to my grandfather's legacy on the farm right this second..and by plotting the stars on some mystery medium (magic paper I guess) that you could then compare the two (they must have had overhead film back then) that you could then measure the one degree distance.

We are supposed to believe that this is fact and exactly how they did it? Didn't people only live until 30 back then on average?
Who's the real story teller here?

I actually find the people who throw out disproving 'facts' actually sound more convoluted then the things they are attempting to disprove.

For instance they state they what they say IS FACT they don't really deliver the proof from the ground up or its based an accepted theory which of itself is not actual fact pr say that a number of other possibilities exist yet there is no corroborating evidence that makes them any more valid.

The facts are that Neptune and Saturn's orbits show signs of being affected by another large gravitational body at some point in time. The facts are something caused the asteroid belt. It makes more sense that this planet was an odd chunk of rock that accumulated gas that settled into oceans and could have spun off from a collision that caused the asteroid belt. The facts are there is a face on Mars and pyramid structures and other structures and are documented in the Sumerian texts.

There is more residual supporting evidence than counter-'facts' using mathematics... Relativity is a theory. Gravitational physics is not complete...yet these are the 'facts' thrown at us. Why are all the major governments in the world putting up satellite to scan the solar systen using infra-red tech all of a sudden?

How did Atzecs or Mayans who couldn't fly build the figures on the Gaza strip?
Why doesn't someone build a pyramid today using the same technology as the Sumerians?

Why are skeletons of 'giants' dug up then hidden?

Pretty much everyone knows someone who's seen UFOs. I have myself, yet I'm supposed to be told that I didn't see what I actually saw...could you prove to me that I didn't see what I saw with simply your own words?

Why are credible people coming forward? http://www.disclosureproject.org/

There are eye-witness accounts that get disproven by mathematical theory. Does that make sense? Why is it easier to believe someone is crazy? Area 51 'didn't exist' until the government finally admitted to it existing. So up until that point, I guess there was mass hysteria going on, then one day the hysteria ends and in a blink this place exists and now it is accepted to exist because the government admitted it...and only because the government admitted it otherwise it would be another urban legend to this day because people who don't want to accept these things will tell everyone that does that they are crazy.

olegil 
Posted on 5-Apr-2011 6:21:45
#63 ]
Elite Member

@MikeB

Seriously? There are people here who STILL believe this crap?

I'm not sure if I should be afraid or angry.

Good thing this theory was debunked the last time it cropped up, 9 years ago. We didn't get wiped out by Nibiru in 2003, we won't get wiped out in 2012. Can't you people at least come up with something ORIGINAL for once?

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/misc/planetx/

Using "voltage" instead of "potential", which leads to inventing new words like "amperage" instead of "current" (I, measured in A) or possible "charge" (amperehours, Ah or Coulomb, C). Sometimes I don't even know what people mean.

MikeB 
Posted on 5-Apr-2011 7:21:51
#64 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:
Atlantis was introduced by Plato as an allegory.

Plato didn't mention it as such and other Greek philosophers treated it as historical fact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantis

Quote:
As I said 'end times' is as old, at least, as Christianity itself

Much much older than that.

Quote:
people believe that the Sun orbits the earth

The christians originally believed the earth was flat and the sun (and even the universe!) oribited the earth (there are a lot of selfish and political influences on the development of later religions). The sumerians didn't believe this (but they viewed themselves as a 'slave race' or workforce) for higher beings, a much less egoistic viewpoint. The Zartosht rejected such "gods" and introduced the idea of one supreme divine entity which is uncreated.

Strictly speaking the earth and sun orbit each other, but due to the sun's enormously greater mass than the earth the barycenter is located near the center of the sun. As I stated before for Jupiter that's not the case as its barycenter with the sun is located above the Sun's surface.

tomazkid 
Posted on 5-Apr-2011 7:26:39
#65 ]
Team Member

@MikeB

Quote:
Strictly speaking the earth and sun orbit each other, but due to the sun's enormously greater mass than the earth the barycenter is located near the center of the sun. As I stated before for Jupiter that's not the case as its barycenter with the sun is located above the Sun's surface.

Heh, what about the Moon?
Is it orbiting Earth, or the Sun ?

Asimov wrote an interesting article where his point was that Moon did in fact orbit the Sun, not Earth.

MikeB 
Posted on 5-Apr-2011 7:42:12
#66 ]
Elite Member

@tomazkid

Quote:
Heh, what about the Moon?
Is it orbiting Earth, or the Sun ?

IMO it's not an this or that. It's a this and that.

The moon and earh orbit each ohter, but the earth holds greater mass.

The barycenter is located within the earth but not within its center:

The earth/moon barycenter with the sun is located within the sun, but not in the exact middle, the moon has a much shorter distance to the earth than with the sun hence the orbiting behaviour is as is. Likewise the center of our galaxy and the sun orbit each other, but the center of our galaxy is of much greater mass and there are a lot of other star systems involved (also repulsing and attracting the center of the galaxy from the other side) and galaxies obit each other, galaxies are also of different mass and the distances are so great maybe we can't notice movement.

To get an idea of the involved distances within just our solar system (hence a Brown Dwarf with planets can pass between the earth and the sun without per se destroying any of the inner planets):

http://scienceprojectideasforkids.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/earth-moon-rod-balancejpg.jpg

Last edited by MikeB on 05-Apr-2011 at 07:49 AM.
Last edited by MikeB on 05-Apr-2011 at 07:45 AM.

MikeB 
Posted on 5-Apr-2011 8:14:55
#67 ]
Elite Member

@tomazkid

View it like this. If the earh would suddenly vanish, the moon will continue to go round the sun (actually around each other, but the barycenter with the sun will be even closer to the middle of the sun).

View Moon/Earth's barycenter with each other to go round the sun (or better orbit each other as the barycenter isn't in the exact middle of the sun).

As said before the orbits of the planets within our solar systems do not behave exactly like you would expect based on just the barycenters. Other star systems have influence (those closer than other more so, but the distances are so great from human viewpoint it can almost be neglected). The nearest star system is Alpha Centauri some 4.36 lightyears away at this point. For comparison the Sun is about 5 lightminutes away from earth.

This resulted into astronomers searching for a celestral body of great mass much closer to the sun, Planet X.

Last edited by MikeB on 05-Apr-2011 at 08:23 AM.

MikeB 
Posted on 5-Apr-2011 8:33:30
#68 ]
Elite Member

Another example. The orbit of Pluto/Charon is very chaotic. For this there are several reasons. One its low mass, second its much greater distance from the sun, being much closer to to the gas giants than the sun but still that doesn't fully explain the chaos of its orbit.

A Planet X / Nibiru could possibly explain this.

Last edited by MikeB on 05-Apr-2011 at 09:03 AM.

Amigo1 
Posted on 5-Apr-2011 9:06:48
#69 ]

@Lou

Quote:

Lou wrote:
@tomazkid

Quote:

tomazkid wrote:

2012 all explained, a 2 part theory.

We are supposed to believe that this is fact and exactly how they did it? Didn't people only live until 30 back then on average?
Who's the real story teller here?

Actually no, they lived longer. If my family tree qualifies to be taken into comparison and I can follow it back to 1320, the shrinking of average age scarily started within the first decade of the beginning of industrial revolution, then leveling up at the end of ww2.

edit: haven't followed the link you have posted, so no comment on that

Last edited by Amigo1 on 05-Apr-2011 at 09:10 AM.
Last edited by Amigo1 on 05-Apr-2011 at 09:09 AM.

MikeB 
Posted on 5-Apr-2011 9:11:15
#70 ]
Elite Member

@olegil

Quote:
Seriously? There are people here who STILL believe this crap?

We Homo Sapiens have been here on earth for well over 100,000 years according to findings. Looking back just a mere 100 years people imagine why people could believe in some of the "crap" believed back then. We don't know if 100 years from now people by then will wonder the same.

IMO the nature of humans to question history and challenge non-solid "facts"should be considered a strongpoint.

Quote:
I'm not sure if I should be afraid or angry.

Maybe you should be neither.

Quote:
We didn't get wiped out by Nibiru in 2003, we won't get wiped out in 2012.

Many of the people who support such alternative ideas don't neither. Personally I don't think human race will be wiped out nomatter if the sumerians are correct.

Last edited by MikeB on 05-Apr-2011 at 09:27 AM.

realize 
Posted on 5-Apr-2011 9:18:47
#71 ]

@MikeB

check this out.. official NASA released photos of closeups on Mecury

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2011/03/30/science/space/20110331-mercury-4.html

what the hell is that blue thing? looks almost like a tower.. or energy/laser..

MikeB 
Posted on 5-Apr-2011 9:53:24
#72 ]
Elite Member

@realize

It's hard to judge with just one picture taken from just one angle, just like the face of Mars doesn't look like a face at all when viewed from other angles. So it can just be an optical illusion.

Mercury has a very scarred surface. It could be due to a weird rock formation. Weird rock formations are thought to have formed during the Caloris impact:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK6ETuXgwb4

All the planets within our solar system are interesting and show interesting differences.

Nimrod 
Posted on 5-Apr-2011 11:32:13
#73 ]

@Lou

Quote:

How did Atzecs or Mayans who couldn't fly build the figures on the Gaza strip?

Perhaps they got some help from the palestinians

Quote:

There are eye-witness accounts that get disproven by mathematical theory. Does that make sense?

The mathematical theory of statistical analysis demonstrates that smokers have a shorter life expectancy than non-smokers, however my grandmother (a heavy smoker) lived to the age of 87. 15 years above the average life expectancy at the time.
Does this prove that mathematics is a lie, or have I just cherry picked facts to prove my personal conspiracy theory

Last edited by Nimrod on 05-Apr-2011 at 12:39 PM.

Darth_X 
Posted on 5-Apr-2011 12:29:10
#74 ]
Elite Member

According to recent news articles, Atlantis has been found!

Quote:

MikeB wrote:

The christians originally believed the earth was flat and the sun (and even the universe!) oribited the earth (there are a lot of selfish and political influences on the development of later religions).

Citation needed!

Which Christians? The early followers of Jesus (probably the only 'true' christians) or the paganised 'Christendom' christians that came later? The goal of Christendom has been to teach the people things that are not in the bible...

Darth_X 
Posted on 5-Apr-2011 12:36:17
#75 ]
Elite Member

@MikeB

The 'Other' Nemesis Star
UFO anyone?

Darth_X 
Posted on 5-Apr-2011 12:50:01
#76 ]
Elite Member

Quote:

MikeB wrote:
Many of the people who support such alternative ideas don't neither. Personally I don't think human race will be wiped out nomatter if the sumerians are correct.

The Sumerians had better knowledge of the world than we do. They had firsthand knowledge. Its unfortunate that most of their knowledge was lost.
In modern times, we only guess and make things up. But.. they are extinct and we are not.. yet! Shouldn't we be worried?

rebraist 
Posted on 5-Apr-2011 13:07:31
#77 ]

i believe in paladine, takhisi and majere.
And i'm sure, the day we'll discover mishakal disks, we'll have dragonlance once more!
That day the fire mountain will fall from the skies and istar will be put down on the bottom of the oceans!

Last edited by rebraist on 05-Apr-2011 at 01:08 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 5-Apr-2011 14:05:26
#78 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

Quote:

Does this prove that mathematics is a lie, or have I just cherry picked facts to prove my personal conspiracy theory

It proves the disproving bodies are no more valid than the original possibility.
People believe because they want to. People disbelieve because they want to.
I believe what makes sense to me based on my own experiences.

I have seen several ufos over the course of my almost 40 years. One particularly at close range that was a triangle with a single dome it the center that blinked to illuminate the lower surface of it while I was in the company of three other people who also saw it, another fairly close that looked like a blimp on fire was witnessed by many people driving on the highway and other time I've seen distant fast moving lights in the sky. Until you have seen such things, your mind will be locked into this fictional reality that consists only of what the powers that be want you to believe.

Once you have established for yourself that these things do indeed exist, then alot of other things actually make more sense. Until that happens you are still in your little box like the people who believed the earth was flat despite older civilizations that claimed contact with extra-terrestrial beings knew for a fact that it was not. Sadly, it's the idiots who originally thought the earth was flat that continued to shape our history.

Last edited by Lou on 05-Apr-2011 at 02:09 PM.

Amigo1 
Posted on 5-Apr-2011 15:35:27
#79 ]

Not directly related to Nibiru but UFO and abduction.

It's really interesting and worth watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyqUeuWF4ww

recedent 
Posted on 5-Apr-2011 20:50:53
#80 ]

@MikeB

Quote:
The christians originally believed the earth was flat

OK, there's a limit of BS one can take. And now some facts: Most of the ancient cultures believed that Earth was flat (including - yipes! - the cultures of Mesopotamy). World would be a flat disc surrounded by an ocean (with some minor differences - Egyptians believed it wasn't a disc, but a square). The concept of Earth as a sphere appeared first at least in VI century B.C. (although many pre-Socratics retained the "flat world" model). After III century B.C. all educated citizens of Greece and Rome accepted that Earth is a sphere. About 240 B.C. Erastotenes calculated the circumference of the earth. During the Middle Ages practically all educated people knew that Earth is not flat, and Johannes de Sacrobosco's XIII century book "Tractatus de Sphaera" was required reading by students in all Western European universities for the next four centuries.

Anything to add?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle