Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
22 crawler(s) on-line.
 101 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 billt:  6 mins ago
 QBit:  8 mins ago
 zipper:  14 mins ago
 kolla:  21 mins ago
 Swisso:  56 mins ago
 amigakit:  58 mins ago
 AndreasM:  1 hr 19 mins ago
 Hammer:  2 hrs 23 mins ago
 pixie:  2 hrs 42 mins ago
 clint:  2 hrs 42 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Nibiru, what if ? - part 2
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lou 
Re: Anybody remember Nibiru?
Posted on 4-Dec-2011 21:58:57
#1021 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
For that matter, can you explain his scientific "predictions" about the moons of Jupiter and Saturn and about Jupiter's ring?
I had to stop watching and do some actual life worthy stuff today. If I bring myself to stop laughing about the fake gun I might finish it later.

Felt it time to add this in lest ye forget -- "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence " - Carl Sagan.

Ah ok, so you have nothing so say for his scientific revelations ok, got it.

Profile     Report this post  
BrianK 
Posted on 4-Dec-2011 23:52:08
#1022 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Thanks for waiting for me to get to that point in the video. Sometimes real life such as making an income and working out throws those much more high priority items in line first.

Watched to the end. Harkening back on the 'Prophet Meiers' comment I made. I find out he's got a school and devoted followers that live onsite together to carry his message. And Michael Horn the video presenter is the approved American voice for the Meiers kabutz. Meiers did say he's not a prophet. Perhaps he's merely a profit.

You asked about the planets. 5 months before the arrival of the probe to Io Meiers said it'd be highly volcanic. That was a postulate others had made and a reason to send the probe was to find out what was there. So alien telepathy or simply lucky to be on the correct side? Hard to say. But, should the prediction happened decades before going there it might be something a bit more attention demanding.

One of the problems here is this is a Meiers promotional video. 'Skeptics couldn't prove this' seem to be a skeptic and sometimes they reaching out to others to ask them to be skeptical, like bringing in unnamed 2001 special effect artists. There's a big prepensity to cherry pick one's favorite predictions. Since it's a promotional video I doubt they did a thorough audit. For example follow one of the links in my link and you'll find that Meiers and followers predicted in WWIII to happen when Ford died. It didn't occur. They seem to not mention this miss. So, indeed we do have to question the amount of cherry picking. I'd like to see all the 1958 predictions without the Meiers prophecy school spoonfeeding me what they believe to be accurate. What is the % hit rate, is it better than dumb luck? We don't know.

Lou 
Posted on 5-Dec-2011 17:56:24
#1023 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Here's the NASA footage that you will write-off, of couse...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITH3gwccX0A

BrianK 
Posted on 5-Dec-2011 23:05:37
#1024 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

NASA lied Comet Elenin still exists. http://m.io9.com/5864585/awesome-new-ufo-theory-approaching-comet-is-really-a-borg-cube-from-jesus

Lou 
Posted on 5-Dec-2011 23:38:38
#1025 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

NASA lied Comet Elenin still exists. http://m.io9.com/5864585/awesome-new-ufo-theory-approaching-comet-is-really-a-borg-cube-from-jesus

Ugh, you should know how I feel about religious cooks.

Oh and if you watch the UFOTV episode on government black projects at Area 51, you will also hear confirmation that aliens from the Plieades are indeed completely human looking from security guards who worked there...who of course also saw greys.

BrianK 
Posted on 6-Dec-2011 12:05:16
#1026 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Ugh, you should know how I feel about religious cooks.
They are no different from any other believer. Very often they have that 1 event in their lives they claim perfect knowledge of what happened and they cherry pick material which backs their conclusion. Rather than accept we don't know everything, the body itself can be a source of bias, and the best we can do to build an understanding is see where multiple lines of evidence converge they post their religious films and books and chasitize those that reject their unsupported dogma.

Last edited by BrianK on 06-Dec-2011 at 12:06 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 6-Dec-2011 17:24:40
#1027 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

Lou wrote:
@BrianK

Here's the NASA footage that you will write-off, of couse...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITH3gwccX0A

Or completely ignore...

BrianK 
Posted on 6-Dec-2011 18:20:30
#1028 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Thought you might find this of interest. Magnetic map of the Milky Way

This might be valuable to the 'it's all magnets' postulate of yours. If we can find two suns of similar construct one in a highly magnetic pool and on in a lower magnetic pool the planets should be predictably different based on magnetic equations. I think this would be valuable evidence in helping demonstrate it really is magnets.

Lou 
Posted on 7-Dec-2011 21:15:56
#1029 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

More interesting news:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/mysterious-planet-sized-object-spotted-near-mercury-154443870.html

The "scientific" explanation sounds like a crock of shiet.

BrianK 
Posted on 7-Dec-2011 22:03:13
#1030 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
More interesting news:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/mysterious-planet-sized-object-spotted-near-mercury-154443870.html

The "scientific" explanation sounds like a crock of shiet.

Quite. The religious one seems more plausbile.

Nimrod 
Posted on 8-Dec-2011 10:46:40
#1031 ]

@Lou

Nice line from the article you linked to:
Quote:
Now, how this user was able to determine that the object was "obviously" a cloaked spaceship with no other natural explanation remains as much a mystery as the object itself.

When a scientist sees something outside of his own experience he says "Interesting, I will investigate further."

When a religious nutjob sees the same thing he says " Obvious proof of (insert fallacious fantasy here).

In the above statement, I include belief in greys, invisible planets, undetectable dwarf stars in our own solar system, VonDanikenism, Sitchinism Liederism and any other pseudoscientific technobabble that does not use something called mathematics to at least show a probability of being correct.

Lou 
Posted on 8-Dec-2011 12:26:54
#1032 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

Nice line from the article you linked to:
Quote:
Now, how this user was able to determine that the object was "obviously" a cloaked spaceship with no other natural explanation remains as much a mystery as the object itself.

When a scientist sees something outside of his own experience he says "Interesting, I will investigate further."

When a religious nutjob sees the same thing he says " Obvious proof of (insert fallacious fantasy here).

In the above statement, I include belief in greys, invisible planets, undetectable dwarf stars in our own solar system, VonDanikenism, Sitchinism Liederism and any other pseudoscientific technobabble that does not use something called mathematics to at least show a probability of being correct.

You come back from the grave with this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloaking_device

Cloaking is science-fact. As are tractor beams...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-12620560
We are closer to Star Trek than you think/accept.

You and BrianK's denial of such things is the stuff of legends...

Nimrod 
Posted on 8-Dec-2011 13:07:32
#1033 ]

@Lou

A nice couple of links to information that I was not unaware of. As I have frequently stated, progress has been made since my childhood - we no longer need wires, or morse code

You do however seem to have missed Beam me up, Scotty, or even Shields up!. The key points that you keep missing is orders of magnitude. There is a bit more involved in cloaking/shielding/teleporting/tractoring the NSEA Protector than the baby steps we have taken to date by teleporting the quantum state of one atom or tractoring small items using the theoretical possibilities of a bessel laser

Yes I fully accept that IF there were Klingons orbiting Mercury, or Jim Kirk was using solar slingshot time travel the science would be in advance of our own stumbling first steps, but you have yet to produce a single piece of evidence that this is the case, you simply parrot your tired old mantra"I do not know what it is so it must be....."

Did you actually watch the YouTube video I posted showing Tyson (Neil, not Mike) discussing UFO sightings. The first 45 seconds says it all, so you needn't get bored if you don't want to watch it all.

Last edited by Nimrod on 08-Dec-2011 at 01:08 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 8-Dec-2011 14:14:39
#1034 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

A nice couple of links to information that I was not unaware of. As I have frequently stated, progress has been made since my childhood - we no longer need wires, or morse code

You do however seem to have missed Beam me up, Scotty, or even Shields up!. The key points that you keep missing is orders of magnitude. There is a bit more involved in cloaking/shielding/teleporting/tractoring the NSEA Protector than the baby steps we have taken to date by teleporting the quantum state of one atom or tractoring small items using the theoretical possibilities of a bessel laser

Yes I fully accept that IF there were Klingons orbiting Mercury, or Jim Kirk was using solar slingshot time travel the science would be in advance of our own stumbling first steps, but you have yet to produce a single piece of evidence that this is the case, you simply parrot your tired old mantra"I do not know what it is so it must be....."

Did you actually watch the YouTube video I posted showing Tyson (Neil, not Mike) discussing UFO sightings. The first 45 seconds says it all, so you needn't get bored if you don't want to watch it all.

I find it ironic that Tyson says "eye witness testimony" is the lowest form of evidence in science when "science" throws in theories all over the place and they are blindly accepted until they "disagree with observation". Perhaps "observation" in science has a different definition...? FYI, most skeptical explanations disagree with "observation". Dis-information is a joke but people like you believe it because it keeps you in your happy place.

Having said that, you are basing what you accept soley on what earthlings have achieved. So if we are on the brink of full y cloaked vehicles and people...why is it not plausible to believe that an alien race more advanced than us can cloak entire space ships? Oh that's right, you are still in denial of their existence...

D.A.R.P.A. is the arm of the US government that has slowly released captured alien technology to the public.

Nimrod 
Posted on 8-Dec-2011 16:35:12
#1035 ]

@Lou

Quote:
Having said that, you are basing what you accept soley on what earthlings have achieved. So if we are on the brink of full y cloaked vehicles and people...why is it not plausible to believe that an alien race more advanced than us can cloak entire space ships? Oh that's right, you are still in denial of their existence...

D.A.R.P.A. is the arm of the US government that has slowly released captured alien technology to the public.

Accepting for the moment that these mythical ET;s are so far advanced that they can zip around the universe in their cloaked and shielded, FTL intergalactic battlecruisers, anally probing any available redneck for signs of intelligence, and DARPA is tasked to release this captured alien tech to the public, can I ask one inconvenient question.

How the !*#@ did we manage to capture their tech in the first place?
(I had another question, but I wasn't sure I could sneak it past the moderators)

If you actually look at the development of any of todays technologies you can trace its ancestry and origins through a series of adaptations and refinements of earlier ideas, going right back to pre-industrial times. While working out boolean logic, I sometimes use De Morgans theorem. As you can see from their dates of birth and death, neither of these gentlemen used a digital computer but they were definitely instrumental in its development, and there is no evidence that either one of them was an ET. The same applies to Augusta A Byron, Countess of Lovelace

BrianK 
Posted on 8-Dec-2011 17:29:44
#1036 ]
Elite Member

@Thread

Some excitment is stirring in the search for the HIggs. Higgs Research announcement announcements pending for 12/13.

@Lou
Quote:
find it ironic that Tyson says "eye witness testimony" is the lowest form of evidence in science when "science" throws in theories all over the place and they are blindly accepted until they "disagree with observation".
Scientific Theories are backed with experimentative results and results on accuracies on predictability.

Quote:
Perhaps "observation" in science has a different definition
No but Theory does.

Quote:
Having said that, you are basing what you accept soley on what earthlings have achieved.
Until aliens share their science in ways other than improved anal sex toys we're kinda stuck..

*Fixed bad url.*

Last edited by BrianK on 08-Dec-2011 at 06:26 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 8-Dec-2011 17:49:04
#1037 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

[quote]Accepting for the moment that these mythical ET;s are so far advanced that they can zip around the universe in their cloaked and shielded, FTL intergalactic battlecruisers, anally probing any available redneck for signs of intelligence, and DARPA is tasked to release this captured alien tech to the public, can I ask one inconvenient question.

How the !*#@ did we manage to capture their tech in the first place?
(I had another question, but I wasn't sure I could sneak it past the moderators)

Have you just come out of a comma?
between the 30's and 50's there were several crash and recovery incidents.

Quote:
If you actually look at the development of any of todays technologies you can trace its ancestry and origins through a series of adaptations and refinements of earlier ideas, going right back to pre-industrial times. While working out boolean logic, I sometimes use De Morgans theorem. As you can see from their dates of birth and death, neither of these gentlemen used a digital computer but they were definitely instrumental in its development, and there is no evidence that either one of them was an ET. The same applies to Augusta A Byron, Countess of Lovelace

There's that but if you look at all the technology DARPA has brought us since the 1950's you'll see it has nothing to do with refining existing technologies like you wrongly assume. Most of what they've done isn't directly on their page because alot of times they contracted out work and supplied funding.

Nimrod 
Posted on 8-Dec-2011 21:36:27
#1038 ]

@Lou

Quote:
between the 30's and 50's there were several crash and recovery incidents.
Correction, there were several crash and recovery stories, and yes, I have heard of Roswell et.al. and wasn't the 50's when a British comedian was kicked out of USA for being unamerican. Have you ever heard of the word paranoia?
Quote:
There's that but if you look at all the technology DARPA has brought us since the 1950's you'll see it has nothing to do with refining existing technologies like you wrongly assume. Most of what they've done isn't directly on their page because alot of times they contracted out work and supplied funding.
O.K. Exactly what new tech has DARPA, or DSTL/QinetiQ, or any of the other military research/procurement agencies from around the world produced that has any form of discontinuity in its ancestry. I went through the entire list of projects past and present on your DARPA link and found no technological discontinuities or sudden starts. Admittedly some of the projects drew on some fairly obscure and esoteric sources, but there is a trail of evidence that is entirely and predictably mundane

BrianK 
Posted on 8-Dec-2011 23:18:11
#1039 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Thought you like this amusing History Channel image.
http://i.imgur.com/P1vCD.jpg

Lou 
Posted on 13-Dec-2011 1:31:16
#1040 ]
Elite Member

I flew to Vegas on Friday morning. 20 minutes into the flight I looked out the window facing southish. There was a bright ball of fire in the sky near the horizon.
I looked at it for about 20 seconds then I thought "take a picture". I reached down into my laptop carrying case where I had put my phone after shutting it off for take-off. When I came back up after hitting the power button on my phone, it was gone. :/

And like 99.9999999% of all u.f.o. sightings, I didn't report it because afterall what is the point?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle