Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
14 crawler(s) on-line.
 151 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Gunnar:  57 mins ago
 pixie:  1 hr 16 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  1 hr 56 mins ago
 DWolfman:  2 hrs 5 mins ago
 cncparts:  3 hrs 38 mins ago
 saipaman4366:  4 hrs 25 mins ago
 Beajar:  4 hrs 44 mins ago
 Rob:  4 hrs 46 mins ago
 agami:  5 hrs 49 mins ago
 RobertB:  6 hrs 9 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Nibiru, what if ? - part 2
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lou 
Re: Anybody remember Nibiru?
Posted on 22-Dec-2011 17:32:15
#1101 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
If you want my opinion on why aliens would build stonehenge?
This is a postulate. Aliens is a postulate of an unknown entity using unknown technology for unknown reasons. You can't begin to demonstrate it.

Funny, you can't demonstrate early man building it.

Quote:
Also it comes with the thought that earlier generations of people were too stupid to do this on their own. While people did it is also a postulate we have a possible known entitiy using known technology, though for unknown reasons. While we likely will never know why we can demonstrate a possible how.

How for a hundred meters, sure. How over uneven terrain for 150+ miles, not quite.

Quote:
If you want fanciful... Many cultures around the world have documented dragons. And clearly at a rate much higher than that of aliens. Perhaps dragons moved the stones to create a small play pen area for baby dragons. This would allow Mommy dragons to go hunting for food. Years later, primitive man used it for sacrifices because it was already there. The question, no need to answer, is how you select between the fanciful. Both dragons and aliens are unknown entities, using unknown means, for unknown reasons.

This highlights your views. We have evidence of human foot prints along dinosaur foot prints. Once again you fail to comprehend that dinosaurs to one people are dragons to another. FYI: dinosaurs existed.

Quote:

Quote:
You are also being quite assenine about your other comments:
Your writings indicate that you feel ''because they felt like it' is an unaccept reason for man to act. As such you interject Little Green Men. It appears you don't understand that ''because they felt like it' is just as applicable and worse because you know have an unknownable agent. Your argument is using the same logic as those you label as religious kooks. So why not angels instead of aliens or instead of dragons?

And the abduction phenomenon has ZERO credible evidence. Same goes for exploding cows. Both are arguments from ignorance and therefore deserve to be belittled. "It’s surprising more of the neighbors haven’t noticed." -- Carl Sagan.

You keep reiterating childish rubbish because that's apparently the best you can do.

1) Abduction phenomenon was discovered independently by many phycologists over the course of many years. It wasn't until they pooled their data that the patterns were found.
2) There is plenty of evidence with regards to cattle mutilations: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GJL6GIjovA

You are apparently an agent for disinformation and will belittle it.

Profile     Report this post  
Lou 
Posted on 22-Dec-2011 17:46:00
#1102 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
I'm actually amazed that you can post those links and then fail to comprehend the difference from the video I posted.
That's because there are none.

You are ignorant. It's not an insult, just an apparent fact.

Quote:

Quote:
an induction motor, primarily, the spinning magnet
There is no definitional requirement that the magnets must be spinning.

Once again your ignorance prevails. Faraday's laws are about moving magnetic fields. An induction motor is made by moving a magnet. In the video I posted, no magnets were moved. To not understand this exposes your attitude...to everything in this thread.

Quote:
I think this may be a fairly easy experiment for you to conduct and perhaps give you an understanding of what's going on here.
... Go buy a toy helicopter that uses a motor to spin the top blades. Put in the batteries and turn it on. Hold the helicopter by the body. You'll see the magnets spinning and the blade spinning. -- Clearly a motor by your definition (and science).
... Now change nothing about that toy. Instead change how you hold it. Hold the prop in your hand. The magnets stay still. The body of the motor still spins. And because this motor is attached to the body of the helicopter the helicopter spins. -- By your definition you no longer have a motor because the magnets are stationary. Though science says this is still a motor.

As you see your arguement is not one of knowledge of the system. It's a semantic defintional argument. You, and the video producer, are defining motor in a different manner than the scientifically accepted definition. Not a postulate not a theory a definition. This is the video, and your, fail.

You are really lowering yourself now. Your example proves that a toy helicoptor is a toy helicoptor regardless of which end you hold.

Simply show me in the video I posted where a spinning electromagnet with alternating polarity, common to all induction motors is spinning the screw. You cannot, hence you fail.

Last edited by Lou on 22-Dec-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Nimrod 
Posted on 22-Dec-2011 17:51:13
#1103 ]

@Lou

Quote:
What you haven't told me is what actually causes the spin, mr. engineer, sir.
Actually it is one of BrianK's invisible, room temperature fire breathing dragons. I think I will come back to this later.

Quote:
It was probably a landing structure for a ufo that can only be entered from it's underside.
OK so how did the little green quarrymen get out of their UFO to go singing the Hiho song as off to work they go 150 miles away in Wales to get the rocks to build the landing platform. Wouldn't it be much easier to build a retractable undercarriage on their warp capable intergalactic mining ship.

Quote:
It was T-J that alluded to ancient man having magic shovels that could bury entire cities,
Did he really? Funny that, reading his last comment about the burial of cities and the shifting of sand, I can find no mention of the words "magic" or "shovel". See for yourself where he states "Lou, the sand is aeolian."

Quote:
If you actually followed your 'how stuff works' link you'd see that the video I posted is missing many of the parts required to make an induction motor, primarily, the spinning magnet and a mechanism for changing its polarity...not to mention an axle attached to said polarity switching spinning magnet.
O.K. It's later. Your comment on the nature of the motor used to demonstrate electric motors is valid since the motor in that example has the electrical current at 90 degrees to the magnetic flux, where the original Faraday experiment, (demonstrated here) like the homopole motors I linked to have the magnetic field parallel to the electric field. The magnetic field generated in any current carrying conductor (here) interacts with that of the magnet to produce motion, as previously shown The homopole motors demonstrated in all of these videos are very low powered, and inefficient, which explains why they are not often seen.

Nimrod 
Posted on 22-Dec-2011 18:01:40
#1104 ]

@Lou

Quote:
This is true, but by the same token I have yet to see you demonstrate a Little Green Man even existing, let alone doing any work.

Quote:
How for a hundred meters, sure. How over uneven terrain for 150+ miles, not quite.
Hundreds of metres to the riverside, then on to a raft. along the river then about six miles from where Amesbury now stands to the chosen site. Firm hard ground all the way.

BrianK 
Posted on 22-Dec-2011 18:17:55
#1105 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
What we have is existence of humans and existence of human tools of the era. If those are usable to make the structure there's no need to discard and claim aliens. We certainly don't 'know' but you wish to claim unproven to exist beings with unproven to exist tools did it because humans were too stupid?

Quote:
How for a hundred meters, sure. How over uneven terrain for 150+ miles, not quite
July 5th I barely walked 1 mile. Oct 29th I ran a half marathon. Besides losing 30+ pounds in that timeframe the question between those two are one of time. 150 miles can be chuncked down into multiple hundred meter sections. You only need move a step at a time.

Other possiblities - a couple miles to water, 140ish miles by water, and a couple miles inland. Another one is use of snow/ice - makes things slippery and easier going downhill for sure.

Quote:
Abduction phenomenon was discovered independently by many phycologists over the course of many years. It wasn't until they pooled their data that the patterns were found.
Yeah at least 4 million US Citizens have been abducted and returned by those pooled stats. Again strange the neighbors didn't notice aliens with an anal fetish.

If I'm an agent for disinformation where do I go to collect my unpaid salary? It should at least benefit me to be 'an agent'.

..Not much else to say on the eletric motor video, except that's what it is.

Lou 
Posted on 22-Dec-2011 18:54:26
#1106 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
It was probably a landing structure for a ufo that can only be entered from it's underside.
OK so how did the little green quarrymen get out of their UFO to go singing the Hiho song as off to work they go 150 miles away in Wales to get the rocks to build the landing platform. Wouldn't it be much easier to build a retractable undercarriage on their warp capable intergalactic mining ship.

So you are saying they only have a 'one ship does it all' ship?

Quote:

Quote:
It was T-J that alluded to ancient man having magic shovels that could bury entire cities,
Did he really? Funny that, reading his last comment about the burial of cities and the shifting of sand, I can find no mention of the words "magic" or "shovel". See for yourself where he states "Lou, the sand is aeolian."

And I said why would people completely abandon an entire city over the course of milenia that it would take for enough "sand" to build up. And if they lived there, you are assuming they never swept up. His argument was ridiculous.

Quote:

Quote:
If you actually followed your 'how stuff works' link you'd see that the video I posted is missing many of the parts required to make an induction motor, primarily, the spinning magnet and a mechanism for changing its polarity...not to mention an axle attached to said polarity switching spinning magnet.
O.K. It's later. Your comment on the nature of the motor used to demonstrate electric motors is valid since the motor in that example has the electrical current at 90 degrees to the magnetic flux, where the original Faraday experiment, (demonstrated here) like the homopole motors I linked to have the magnetic field parallel to the electric field. The magnetic field generated in any current carrying conductor (here) interacts with that of the magnet to produce motion, as previously shown The homopole motors demonstrated in all of these videos are very low powered, and inefficient, which explains why they are not often seen.

I've very glad you did this. You can now see why it's a GEM universe and why planets rotate AND orbit the sun. Congrats (mostly to me for making your simple minds understand and accept the truth of it while you were attempting to prove me wrong)!

Where's MikeB when you need him. This is a momentous occassion!

Last edited by Lou on 22-Dec-2011 at 07:15 PM.
Last edited by Lou on 22-Dec-2011 at 06:56 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 22-Dec-2011 20:10:53
#1107 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
What we have is existence of humans and existence of human tools of the era. If those are usable to make the structure there's no need to discard and claim aliens. We certainly don't 'know' but you wish to claim unproven to exist beings with unproven to exist tools did it because humans were too stupid?

Ok, there are the tools? Surely they had to be sturdy enough to carry multi-ton stones and would have survived the ages as well...

Quote:

Quote:
How for a hundred meters, sure. How over uneven terrain for 150+ miles, not quite
July 5th I barely walked 1 mile. Oct 29th I ran a half marathon. Besides losing 30+ pounds in that timeframe the question between those two are one of time. 150 miles can be chuncked down into multiple hundred meter sections. You only need move a step at a time.

Good for you! Now do it with a multi-ton stone on your back!

Quote:
Other possiblities - a couple miles to water, 140ish miles by water, and a couple miles inland. Another one is use of snow/ice - makes things slippery and easier going downhill for sure.

So how were these multi-ton stones loaded and unloaded onto a boat without tipping it over. Considering the age of stonehenge(hence, accepted technological advancement of ancient man) and it's surrounding terrain, your postulate becomes increasingly absurd.

Quote:

Quote:
Abduction phenomenon was discovered independently by many phycologists over the course of many years. It wasn't until they pooled their data that the patterns were found.
Yeah at least 4 million US Citizens have been abducted and returned by those pooled stats. Again strange the neighbors didn't notice aliens with an anal fetish.

You keep bringing up the anal fetish, apparently it's yours and not anyone else's...
You dis-believe. Hence your opinion will always be biased and needs no further discussion of the subject matter.

Quote:
If I'm an agent for disinformation where do I go to collect my unpaid salary? It should at least benefit me to be 'an agent'.

You have not proven to me that you are unpaid.

Quote:
..Not much else to say on the eletric motor video, except that's what it is.

Yes, and it proves so much...!!!

Lou 
Posted on 22-Dec-2011 20:36:06
#1108 ]
Elite Member

Amazing what's been falling out of the sky lately...

http://news.yahoo.com/space-ball-drops-namibia-133326985.html

BrianK 
Posted on 22-Dec-2011 21:58:23
#1109 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Ok, there are the tools? Surely they had to be sturdy enough to carry multi-ton stones and would have survived the ages as well...
I'm assuming you've read the science that's been done here. Dates may be a bit off as I'm recapping from memory instead of searching out for you. (I assume you know google and wikipedia and can DIY).

Around 3K BC is when construction was first thought to happen. The wooden buildings and smaller stones are thought to come from this era. Shovels and picks made from ox and deer parts, such as antlers, were found on site. They were also demonstrated as usable tools to make the wood structures and stones.

Just before 2K BC is when the few ton stones and circle structure is thought to have occurred. This is when the road, which again we have, was built. It extends a few miles to the Avon River. (This is where the used a raft would make sense else they'd build a road to the quarry.) These are the stones believe to be from 150 miles away. Larger holes were thought to be from this period and would have provided as leverage points.

Slightly after 2K BC is thought to be the most recent phase, 20-50 ton stones, and the horseshape. These are the stones morticed together and brought from a closer 20 mile trek. The tools are thought be represented in the images carved in the stone which show bronze age axes.

And yes some tools would be missing such as ropes, levers, and barges which would be constructed from wood and fiber which is biodegradeable. As archeology continues perhaps they'll find something similar.

So do you have any evidence of extraterristrial beings at the site or extraterristrial tools which we can test out for functionality?

Quote:
Now do it with a multi-ton stone on your back!
I'd assume the people were smart enough to not carry a stone on their back. Wheels and carts have been found and dated older than Stonehenge. It's technology they likely had access to. And certainly raft/boats are something they'd certainly know about. Here's one such experiment with trees that allowed a few guys to move 40 ton stones fairly easily. http://www.world-mysteries.com/gw_gpipes.htm And I believe you've seen the YouTube video of the guy that moved a barn by himself w/ wood and ropes. "Give me a foci and folcrum and I can move the world." - Wish I remember who said that.

Quote:
So how were these multi-ton stones loaded and unloaded onto a boat without tipping it over.
Flat bottom barge placed on land. Load the stone, remove the dirt, allowing water in. It'd be like a manual lock and damn system.

Quote:
Considering the age of stonehenge(hence, accepted technological advancement of ancient man) and it's surrounding terrain, your postulate becomes increasingly absurd.
You think humans moving stones 20 to 150 miles is absurb? How about a being that builds a ship that travels at least 4 1/2 light years (eg closet stars at Alpha Centuri). Think of the amount of fuel it needs for all that kinectic energy (mass/2*velocity^2) to go here and go back. Even if they travel at light speed they still need 5 years of food onboard (they can explode cows once they get here). Must have determined there's life here. They then determined the BEST thing to do is move stones 20 to 150 miles. Now we're talking absurb.

I'd go back to dragons. Many more drawings of dragons so they must have been real. Yes 'dinosaurs' are real. But a dragon is nothing but a large lizard, as are dinosaurs. They're probably 1 in the same.

Quote:
You dis-believe
Belief or not isn't important to me. (And another indication why your thoughs are akin to 'religious kooks'. You both demand faith to be right.) Nor does it matter as I asked for proof. Proof is important. And thus Quote:
You have not proven to me that you are unpaid
proves that problem. Instead of presenting credible evidence you attack by claiming I'm paid by some mysterious anti-UFO organization. How about backing your words? Do you have a pay stub? Do you have the HQ of the anti-UFO where we could audit their bank accounts? Can you evidence that such an agency exists, makes such payments, or even better made them to me?

@Thread
LHC disovers new particle It's a boson that combines quarks via the Strong Force. It has been a theoretical particle, appears to be confirmed. Additionally this is reported to give some mass to particles playing a role in gravitational forces. Though I'll add the standard - we always look for new and improved evidence and stronger colliders in the future and different experiments will be looked to, to help replicate and confirm.

Last edited by BrianK on 22-Dec-2011 at 10:25 PM.
Last edited by BrianK on 22-Dec-2011 at 10:16 PM.

Nimrod 
Posted on 22-Dec-2011 22:20:25
#1110 ]

@Lou

Quote:
No. I'm saying that there is no evidence that there is, was, or ever will be any such ship. crewed by any such life forms.
If there were such aliens wouldn't they have better things to do than try looking for evidence of intelligence in the places that they seem to keep looking?

Quote:
I've very glad you did this. You can now see why it's a GEM universe and why planets rotate AND orbit the sun.
I have already accepted the existence of EM forces in the universe but please do try and remember the phrase "ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE"

As I said the homopole motor is very low powered and inefficient. besides that, I do not see a huge battery floating around, nor a _ing great big length of copper wire conducting this electrical current to the equatorial regions of the Earth, its moon(no geomegnetic field) or any other planet in the system. Do you think I need to put my glasses on to see it? Also the Earths magnetic field would have to be vastly stronger than it is at present, and it would become impossible to lift anything containing iron off the ground. (perhaps there is a conspiracy by NASA to keep photoshopping all of the copper conductors out of all of the pictures Hubble sends back.)
When you can get your mind off the track of deciding the answer, and then ignoring any and all evidence to the contrary you may just start to learn something. In the meantime I will repeat an ancient challenge to you. If it is all GEM, then where is even the most basic of mathematical evidence? Even one equation that can produce a prediction of the orbit of a planet that has no geomagnetic field, or to launch a space probe, or even just a satellite. But of course I forgot, ypu would rather keep trotting out every ridiculous fantasy that you can find like "the driver did it" than look for the simplest, most rational explanation. You would probably reject it as too mundane

Quote:
And I said why would people completely abandon an entire city over the course of milenia that it would take for enough "sand" to build up. And if they lived there, you are assuming they never swept up. His argument was ridiculous.
It doesnt take millennia for sand to build up. The city of Nouakchott, the capital of Mauritania is being smothered by sand dunes despite the use of earth moving equipment somewhat larger than a brush and dustpan.

BrianK 
Posted on 22-Dec-2011 22:45:28
#1111 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Thanks on the Nouakchott very interesting readings I've been doing. We've seen similar, smaller scale, events happen in the US. Such as the Arizona Haboob. This left inches of dirt behind in places. There was the 'Great Dustbowl' in the US in the thirties.

So if anyone (Lou) is wondering why a city would be abandoned what about such localized effects? A sustained drought makes water difficult. Which makes crops slow or no growth. It makes lifestock unstainable. Fights between tribes and within tribes increase as people try to scrape by to live. Then the dust get whips up into 2-3 days of continual dirt? People with breathing problems likely die off. Sometimes it's just too much and the people abandon. Mother Nature's Magical Shovel.

Heck Popham Colony had to be excavated from the effects of Mother Nature. That was much closer in time than some of the cities buried in dirt in the middle-east. It's not all suprising that a city without people doesn't clean itself. Not everyone can afford a Wall-E.

Last edited by BrianK on 22-Dec-2011 at 10:47 PM.

Nimrod 
Posted on 22-Dec-2011 23:12:45
#1112 ]

@Lou

Quote:

Yes indeed, absolutely amazing...
http://cs.astrium.eads.net/sp/spacecraft-propulsion/propellant-tanks/104-litre-hydrazine-propellant-tank.html
Litterbugs!

Lou 
Posted on 23-Dec-2011 0:15:32
#1113 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

Quote:

Yes indeed, absolutely amazing...
http://cs.astrium.eads.net/sp/spacecraft-propulsion/propellant-tanks/104-litre-hydrazine-propellant-tank.html
Litterbugs!

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/12/01/mysterious-debris-crashes-through-plymouth-warehouse-roof/

I wonder if its related...

Lou 
Posted on 23-Dec-2011 0:32:27
#1114 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
I'm assuming you've read the science that's been done here. Dates may be a bit off as I'm recapping from memory instead of searching out for you. (I assume you know google and wikipedia and can DIY).

Around 3K BC is when construction was first thought to happen. The wooden buildings and smaller stones are thought to come from this era. Shovels and picks made from ox and deer parts, such as antlers, were found on site. They were also demonstrated as usable tools to make the wood structures and stones.

Just before 2K BC is when the few ton stones and circle structure is thought to have occurred. This is when the road, which again we have, was built. It extends a few miles to the Avon River. (This is where the used a raft would make sense else they'd build a road to the quarry.) These are the stones believe to be from 150 miles away. Larger holes were thought to be from this period and would have provided as leverage points.

Slightly after 2K BC is thought to be the most recent phase, 20-50 ton stones, and the horseshape. These are the stones morticed together and brought from a closer 20 mile trek. The tools are thought be represented in the images carved in the stone which show bronze age axes.

And yes some tools would be missing such as ropes, levers, and barges which would be constructed from wood and fiber which is biodegradeable. As archeology continues perhaps they'll find something similar.

So do you have any evidence of extraterristrial beings at the site or extraterristrial tools which we can test out for functionality?

Quote:
Now do it with a multi-ton stone on your back!
I'd assume the people were smart enough to not carry a stone on their back. Wheels and carts have been found and dated older than Stonehenge. It's technology they likely had access to. And certainly raft/boats are something they'd certainly know about. Here's one such experiment with trees that allowed a few guys to move 40 ton stones fairly easily. http://www.world-mysteries.com/gw_gpipes.htm And I believe you've seen the YouTube video of the guy that moved a barn by himself w/ wood and ropes. "Give me a foci and folcrum and I can move the world." - Wish I remember who said that.

Quote:
So how were these multi-ton stones loaded and unloaded onto a boat without tipping it over.
Flat bottom barge placed on land. Load the stone, remove the dirt, allowing water in. It'd be like a manual lock and damn system.

Quote:
Considering the age of stonehenge(hence, accepted technological advancement of ancient man) and it's surrounding terrain, your postulate becomes increasingly absurd.
You think humans moving stones 20 to 150 miles is absurb? How about a being that builds a ship that travels at least 4 1/2 light years (eg closet stars at Alpha Centuri). Think of the amount of fuel it needs for all that kinectic energy (mass/2*velocity^2) to go here and go back. Even if they travel at light speed they still need 5 years of food onboard (they can explode cows once they get here). Must have determined there's life here. They then determined the BEST thing to do is move stones 20 to 150 miles. Now we're talking absurb.

I'd go back to dragons. Many more drawings of dragons so they must have been real. Yes 'dinosaurs' are real. But a dragon is nothing but a large lizard, as are dinosaurs. They're probably 1 in the same.

So you claim (but can't prove) man had that skill/tech then, then let me ask you this. If they could cut 40 ton perfectly rectangular slabs, other than the slabs that needed to be laid horizontally, why did the bother burdening themselves with the big vertical ones when smaller ones laid side by side and stacked would have achieved the same result with less effort?

Perhaps they were so macho that they simply liked doing things the hard way?

Quote:

Quote:
You dis-believe
Belief or not isn't important to me. (And another indication why your thoughs are akin to 'religious kooks'. You both demand faith to be right.) Nor does it matter as I asked for proof. Proof is important. And thus Quote:
You have not proven to me that you are unpaid
proves that problem. Instead of presenting credible evidence you attack by claiming I'm paid by some mysterious anti-UFO organization. How about backing your words? Do you have a pay stub? Do you have the HQ of the anti-UFO where we could audit their bank accounts? Can you evidence that such an agency exists, makes such payments, or even better made them to me?

Sure, just send me your tax records for the past 3 years.

Lou 
Posted on 23-Dec-2011 1:06:26
#1115 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
No. I'm saying that there is no evidence that there is, was, or ever will be any such ship. crewed by any such life forms.
If there were such aliens wouldn't they have better things to do than try looking for evidence of intelligence in the places that they seem to keep looking?

Who said they were looking for intelligence? BrianK thinks they were simply looking for things to probe anally...

Quote:

Quote:
I've very glad you did this. You can now see why it's a GEM universe and why planets rotate AND orbit the sun.
I have already accepted the existence of EM forces in the universe but please do try and remember the phrase "ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE"

Yes, and if you talk to real scientists, they will all tell you EM is orders of magnitude stronger than gravity and propegates throughout the universe. Only your misconceptions are holding you back.

Quote:
As I said the homopole motor is very low powered and inefficient. besides that, I do not see a huge battery floating around, nor a _ing great big length of copper wire conducting this electrical current to the equatorial regions of the Earth, its moon(no geomegnetic field) or any other planet in the system. Do you think I need to put my glasses on to see it? Also the Earths magnetic field would have to be vastly stronger than it is at present, and it would become impossible to lift anything containing iron off the ground. (perhaps there is a conspiracy by NASA to keep photoshopping all of the copper conductors out of all of the pictures Hubble sends back.)

Perhaps you should do more reseach on radiation pressure.
As for big floating magnets, what do you call the sun and the earth? I guess you are blind...

Quote:
When you can get your mind off the track of deciding the answer, and then ignoring any and all evidence to the contrary you may just start to learn something. In the meantime I will repeat an ancient challenge to you. If it is all GEM, then where is even the most basic of mathematical evidence? Even one equation that can produce a prediction of the orbit of a planet that has no geomagnetic field, or to launch a space probe, or even just a satellite. But of course I forgot, ypu would rather keep trotting out every ridiculous fantasy that you can find like "the driver did it" than look for the simplest, most rational explanation. You would probably reject it as too mundane

If you are referring to Venus, you'll notice its got a peculiar (practically none and retrograde at that) rotation. That has to do with it's lack of self-generated magnetic field but it still has an induced one relative to the sun. It's lack (I should say extremely weak) of it's own magnetic field also results a pretty circular orbit since it's magnetic poles don't peturb it's orbit. My prediction is that despite being extremely weak, it's magnetic north is oriented to our south hence the mild retrograde rotation.

Just as the moon is tidally locked you'll find all tidally locked celestial objects lack a magnetic field of their own. The one exception that proves the rule is the one whose's pole is perpendicular to the surface of the planet it orbits hence it's polar-locked and seems to spin in place.

So having said that, can you show me evidence of short period rotation and lack of a self-generated magnetic field?

I won't hold my breadth...

Quote:

Quote:
It doesnt take millennia for sand to build up. The city of Nouakchott, the capital of Mauritania is being smothered by sand dunes despite the use of earth moving equipment somewhat larger than a brush and dustpan.

His argument was ridiculous when I showed the cities were not even close to a desert...as are yours for supporting him.

Last edited by Lou on 23-Dec-2011 at 01:15 AM.
Last edited by Lou on 23-Dec-2011 at 01:11 AM.

Nimrod 
Posted on 23-Dec-2011 12:31:30
#1116 ]

@Lou

Quote:
Who said they were looking for intelligence? BrianK thinks they were simply looking for things to probe anally...
So are you planning on letting us mere mortals know what your alien buddies are looking for when they go rummaging around up rednecks ringpieces? Or are all the stories about alien abductions simply that? ... Stories.

Quote:
As for big floating magnets, what do you call the sun and the earth? I guess you are blind...
I suppose I must be, since I still can't see the _ing great big copper conductor. Besides which, the magnetic fields at the distance of 150 million km (93 million miles) are too weak by quite a few orders of magnitude to do that which you suggest. Why do you think motor rotors are wound on laminated iron cores, with an air gap of less than 1mm? It is to increase the flux density of the magnetic fields. The magnetic permeability of ordinary iron is 5,000 times that of free space while the silicon steel used in mains transformers has a relative permeability of 40,000.
If the sun were an enormous spherical neodymium magnet 1,391,000 km in diameter it still would not have a strong enough magnetic field to do what you claim it to be doing

Quote:
If you are referring to Venus, you'll notice its got a peculiar (practically none and retrograde at that) rotation
very nicely observed. Now please apply the same method of observation and level of logic to Mars
Orbital distance from the sun:- 228 million km ± 21 million km.
Period of rotation:- 24.624 hrs
Inclination of equator:- 25.2 degrees
So it has an eccentric orbit, its rotational axis does not align with that of the sun, it has no geomagnetic field at all and no residual magnetism to speak of, it is further away then the Earth is and yet it spins quite freely on its tilted axis at 97.5% of the speed the Earth rotates.
Then try the same process on Neptune. (with or without holding your breath, the choice is yours.)

Once again you cherry pick a few details about one planet and claim that you have just proved your point, while totally ignoring anything and everything else.

Quote:
His argument was ridiculous when I showed the cities were not even close to a desert...as are yours for supporting him.
It's obvious now I come to think about it. An advanced modern society would never consider the idea of abandoning homes and businesses and simply leaving ghost towns behind them.

Edit spelling mistake

Last edited by Nimrod on 23-Dec-2011 at 12:34 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 23-Dec-2011 13:48:50
#1117 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Ghost towns don't get buried...plain and simple. People leave, they don't pull out magic shovels and say "if I can't have it no one will gosh darn it!"

As for your comments about the ability of magnetif fields travelling thru space, you need to go back and study the definition of light.

I'll get to the rest later...

A bit later:
http://mgs-mager.gsfc.nasa.gov/Kids/magfield.html
Quote:
Whether you have heard it or not, take it for granted: the Earth is a sort of really big magnet. Just like a bar magnet, the Earth has a magnetic north and south pole and huge connecting magnetic field lines that form what scientists call the magnetosphere. This fact is what makes compasses work -- the north end of a compass repels magnetic north, so they point the same way.

However, do not get the idea that the Earth actually has some huge piece of iron like you might buy at a science store imbedded in it that makes compasses spin around.

Now with Venus, it seems like it got too hot and lost it's magnetic field...that is obvious and that probably happened naturally a long time ago. With Mars, it may have lost its magnetic field more recently hence it's rotation is still exhibiting inertia. The Mars rovers are constantly finding anomalities in Mars' magnetic field. If you look at all the Thorium isotopes fould on Mars, you would think that it experience a nuclear war on half the planet. So the planet may have heated up suddenly then lost it's magnetic field in the process.

Last edited by Lou on 23-Dec-2011 at 02:27 PM.

Nimrod 
Posted on 23-Dec-2011 14:29:09
#1118 ]

@Lou

Quote:
As for your comments about the ability of magnetif fields travelling thru space, you need to go back and study the definition of light.
I just tried a little experiment. I got a torch (flashlight for the benefit of colonials) went outside, released the parking brake on my car and shone the light at the back of the car. Guess what I discovered. Insufficient thrust to move the car. Not enough power by several orders of magnitude Of course solar sails exist but you will of course totally ignore the differing mass to surface area ratios between the test units, and the average planet. I notice that you are still ignoring the existence of Mars and Neptune, talk about planet sized gaps in your theories.

Re Mars, Talk about stretching credulity to beyond its limits, now do the same for Neptune. We all need a good laugh, and I have got to go to work, but there will be something to look forward to when I get home.

Last edited by Nimrod on 23-Dec-2011 at 02:32 PM.

BrianK 
Posted on 23-Dec-2011 14:44:18
#1119 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
So you claim (but can't prove) man had that skill/tech then
Here's a brief recap: (+ = evidence, - = no evidence, 0 = can't ever fully prove)
Humans at the site: + , Tools at the site: +, Tech (tools and means) tested to make stones: + , Actually did it: 0
Aliens at the site: - , Alien tools at site: - , Tech tested to make stones: - , Actually did it: 0
Turns out 'actually doing it' would require a time machine to go back and observe the actual process. Your argument is the case with more positive tests is absurb and the case without any validated evidence is more probable? Statistics isn't strong here young Padawan.

Quote:
If they could cut 40 ton perfectly rectangular slabs, other than the slabs that needed to be laid horizontally, why did the bother burdening themselves with the big vertical ones when smaller ones laid side by side and stacked would have achieved the same result with less effort?
Throughout history we can show that man values different constructions for different reasons. Some is self machoism - I can build a bigger building than you. Some is religous machismo - my God deserves a bigger altar. We can guess at this, but not demonstrate.

Now again pose the same questions to aliens. The physics is the same. The larger the stone the more burdensome. Since we have no knowledge whatsoever if aliens have an ego or a God there's clearly a greater level of uncertainity and unknowns.

Quote:
Who said they were looking for intelligence? BrianK thinks they were simply looking for things to probe anally
Who knows what the anal probe does. It could be an intelligence detector. I do find it noteable that alien abductees complain of anal probes. Yet the aliens appear to not to favor intelligence? No leaders? No scientists? Marilyn vos Savant was never taken?

Quote:
His argument was ridiculous when I showed the cities were not even close to a desert
How did you demonstrate there wasn't a desert during the timeline of the burials? And what about cities such as the Popham Colony in Maine where was wasn't a desert and yet somehow it still was still buried? More angels burying cities?

Quote:
Ghost towns don't get buried...plain and simple. People leave, they don't pull out magic shovels and say "if I can't have it no one will gosh darn it!".

And again the evidence flies in the face of your claims. One case was in the Ukraine where they bulldozed and buried abandoned towns. No need for alien shoveling.

Quote:
However, do not get the idea that the Earth actually has some huge piece of iron like you might buy at a science store imbedded in it that makes compasses spin around.
Isn't the iron core a 'huge piece of iron'. I suppose yeah you might not buy it a science store as it's simply too big to carry.

EDIT:
Quote:
the north end of a compass repels magnetic north, so they point the same way
Wow that's confusing. Correct north end of a compass does repel from the magnetic north. Though repelling causes them to point in the opposite way.

In reality what we consider the north pole is the south magnetic pole. And what we consider the south pole is the north magnetic pole. What happened is the ancient cartographers who made the first maps put themselves as the top and it stuck. So north at the top of the world is a culture bias and not scientifically correct when talking about magnetism. Though for definitional ease we call the north magnetic pole in the same 'top' of the globe area as the north rotational pole.

Last edited by BrianK on 23-Dec-2011 at 04:20 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 23-Dec-2011 16:14:06
#1120 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
So you claim (but can't prove) man had that skill/tech then
Here's a brief recap: (+ = evidence, - = no evidence, 0 = can't ever fully prove)
Humans at the site: + , Tools at the site: +, Tech (tools and means) tested to make stones: + , Actually did it: 0
Aliens at the site: - , Alien tools at site: - , Tech tested to make stones: - , Actually did it: 0
Turns out 'actually doing it' would require a time machine to go back and observe the actual process. Your argument is the case with more positive tests is absurb and the case without any validated evidence is more probable? Statistics isn't strong here young Padawan.

Blah blah blah your evidence adds up to mine.

Quote:

Quote:
If they could cut 40 ton perfectly rectangular slabs, other than the slabs that needed to be laid horizontally, why did the bother burdening themselves with the big vertical ones when smaller ones laid side by side and stacked would have achieved the same result with less effort?
Throughout history we can show that man values different constructions for different reasons. Some is self machoism - I can build a bigger building than you. Some is religous machismo - my God deserves a bigger altar. We can guess at this, but not demonstrate.

Now again pose the same questions to aliens. The physics is the same. The larger the stone the more burdensome. Since we have no knowledge whatsoever if aliens have an ego or a God there's clearly a greater level of uncertainity and unknowns.

See here is your fallacy, you assume they are bound by the same laws of physics. I have already shown you how the possibility for tractor beams is being developed in our science today, why would it be so hard to believe aliens used bigger stones because it was easier and less time consuming FOR THEM. It would also be easier to be able to source them from 150+ miles away.

Quote:

Quote:
Who said they were looking for intelligence? BrianK thinks they were simply looking for things to probe anally
Who knows what the anal probe does. It could be an intelligence detector. I do find it noteable that alien abductees complain of anal probes. Yet the aliens appear to not to favor intelligence? No leaders? No scientists? Marilyn vos Savant was never taken?

I don't know if you notices but in those old National Geographic PBS shows, all sorts of examinations where performed on animals when they were tranquilized. Doctors today take stool samples to learn many things and guess how a prostrate gland exam is done in men... The whole naval pregnancy test was first seen in abductions then years later our own doctors started doing it... Imagine that. But you like to ignore the finer details of the abduction phenomenon in your eternal quest for the mundane...

Quote:

Quote:
His argument was ridiculous when I showed the cities were not even close to a desert
How did you demonstrate there wasn't a desert during the timeline of the burials? And what about cities such as the Popham Colony in Maine where was wasn't a desert and yet somehow it still was still buried? More angels burying cities?

You do realize that excavations like that are a few feet and mostly just uncovering foundations as the original structures either caught on fire and burned down or decayed, right?

Quote:

Quote:
Ghost towns don't get buried...plain and simple. People leave, they don't pull out magic shovels and say "if I can't have it no one will gosh darn it!".

And again the evidence flies in the face of your claims. One case was in the Ukraine where they bulldozed and buried abandoned towns. No need for alien shoveling.

Great, so now you are saying they had bulldozers in ancient times...and you think I'm the one with far out ideas, right?

Quote:

Quote:
-- Well except for the large iron core.

I hope that is directed at Nimrod...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle