Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
17 crawler(s) on-line.
 152 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

ppcamiga1

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 ppcamiga1:  3 mins ago
 pixie:  12 mins ago
 jPV:  14 mins ago
 matthey:  1 hr 47 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  2 hrs 46 mins ago
 djnick:  3 hrs 6 mins ago
 agami:  3 hrs 22 mins ago
 MEGA_RJ_MICAL:  4 hrs ago
 kolla:  6 hrs 19 mins ago
 Hammer:  6 hrs 31 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Nibiru, what if ? - part 2
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 Next Page )
PosterThread
BrianK 
Re: Nibiru, what if ? - part 2
Posted on 22-May-2011 2:11:15
#141 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:
It looks like we were too late.

Good humor. And we know the end times isn't occuring because the Dolphins have not left the planet.

Profile     Report this post  
BrianK 
Posted on 22-May-2011 2:42:06
#142 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Animals including birds and turtles can detect the Earth's magnetic field, and use the field to navigate during migration.
Existence of a force does not prove that force is the largest one in the system. No one said magnetism don't exist. What was said is it isn't the predominant force in the system.

You like violent answers so let's give you one in your vein. I flick you in the face and 2 seconds later a piano crashes on your head, dropped from 37 stories. Would your wife go to court claiming the piano had no effect and it was a flick that did all the damange? Well perhaps but she'd be a looney. The measure of present forces in the solar system assign the small flick to magnetims and the large piano sized forces to gravity.

Quote:
Even humans maintain balance thanks to magnetic fields and not "gravity
The Vestibular system works by detecting mechanical forces including gravity. Science again disagree with you and says that it's gravity. Now this isn't to say magenetims might not be a problem. Afterall our brain is an electrochemical, and thereby magnetic, instrument. One might be able to expose the brain to large magnetics and induce an electric element and cause dizziness. But, as a general rule science says it's by gravity not magnetics.

Quote:
and you notice altitude changes even in an airplane
Your body sees motion with it's eyes. Your body detects the direction of acceleration as the level of fluid in your ears moves. And of course there are pressure differences which I doubt one would be able to tell if they were in the air or under water. At least in my case I have an eardrum I've perferated 3 times. It's very sensitive and too much or too little pressure is bad it hurts. I can't tell if it's too much pressure or too little just the wrong amount. All symptoms of one's difference of gravity not magnetics.

Lou 
Posted on 22-May-2011 3:02:33
#143 ]
Elite Member

Food for thought.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TerralO3

BrianK 
Posted on 22-May-2011 4:53:32
#144 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Food for thought.
Why'd I do this? I should spend more You Tube times like the Elenin's do. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEvOJH4yzS

Last edited by BrianK on 22-May-2011 at 04:54 AM.

Kronos 
Posted on 22-May-2011 7:25:24
#145 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:

Lou wrote:

I've said many times before that gravity is a side-effect or net effect.
This is why computations involving 'gravity' work because the side-effect can be estimated. In other space systems with different magnetic fields, SOLAR(system)-based gravitational math does an epic fail and 'dark matter' is invented to make up the difference in computed 'mass' to account for the orbittal deviations when the math doesn't work.

O.k. so you claim that gravity is a side effect and that calculations based on it are of by 90%.

All fine and dandy, problem is calculations based on magnetism would be off be 99.9999999999% (give or take).

So even if it wasn't gravity that holding the universe together, magnetism didn't even make it to the starting line.

And you should really cut that Hopi/Summerian(Sitchin) crap those cultures were both far to primitive and short lived to predict orbital paths over 1000s of years. Even more if we are talking about orbital paths that that fail to register with modern astronomy instruments.

MikeB 
Posted on 22-May-2011 8:03:14
#146 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

Quote:
According to that link, Grimsvotn erupted in 1972, 1982, 1983, 1996, 1998, 2004 and now in 2011. So, it hasn't suddenly become more active than before.

Have difficulty reading? First I state it's Iceland most active volcano. I think that should be active enough for a volcanic island as Iceland.

I stated the 15 km high plume of smoke seems to be a new record for this volcano.

So calm down, even if you consider it as newsworthy as a sack of rice falling in China...

Nimrod 
Posted on 22-May-2011 8:46:23
#147 ]

@Lou

Quote:
Elenin is not Nibiru. Tyche matches it's characteristics and I've already told you twice Sitchin's estimates are for around the year 2900.

Indeed you did, and I congratulate you for having recognised (in part) the error of judgement. This was in post #841 of part 1. Perhaps we should have acknowledged your conversion, then you would not have needed to repeat your admission in #871, while complaining that I ignore 1/2 of your posts. Please accept my assurance that I ignore no posts made in this thread. I read them all, I watch all of the videos posted, no matter how long, boring, or downright ridiculous, and I carry out background checks on any matter that I am not familiar with. Your given date for "Nibiru's" next visit is AD2900. Since you quote a 3600 year orbit, it would mean its last passage would have been 700BC.
I am not a Geologist, and would not be able to differentiate between modern peer reviewed accepted science and junk flood mythology, I will pass this one to T-J to find evidence of major geological upheavals of the type claimed at around that time. (Pole shifts, displaced ice caps, continental re-arrangements etc.)

In post #798, having explained why Einstein supplanted Newton, you claimed that Dark Matter was an invention produced to explain flaws in the theory of gravityQuote:
What cracks me up is that the flaws in the concept of gravity are explained away with the invention of dark matter.
whilst implying that the minor discrepancies in gravity theory proved that EM was correct.
In post #916 you proceeded to mock the possibility of Dark Matter Quote:
I see 'dark matter' at least once a day sometimes when I visit the bathroom. So now I know it's real, I just wonder by no one else sees it piling up...
, well it looks as if somebody has been busy looking for Dark Energy instead.

I will also point out the fallacy of a statement that you made in post #880. Quote:
I can't be bothered to reproved something to myself that I learned from my college days.
Since I left school we have stopped using slide rules for performing calculations. here in UK we have stopped measuring distances in feet and inches, we have stopped measuring torque in ft.lb, we no longer measure motor outputs in horsepower, and we no longer use fluid ounces or pints as measures of liquid volume. There have been at least dozens of new discoveries and inventions since then, and one or two of them have even proven to be useful. Ask T-J, he seems to know how to use this newfangled interweb thing
The day that I left college was the day that I started to learn things, and I am still learning things today. The first thing that I learned this morning was that I have not been raptured. Oh dear, I have missed out again, what a tragedy.

Nimrod 
Posted on 22-May-2011 9:18:27
#148 ]

@Lou

Quote:

Lou wrote:
Food for thought.

This is not new evidence, this is somebody else trawling through the same sources. I will point out though that he is basing his scare story on the mass of the doomsday object, and its gravitational effects, not the insignificant EM displays that seem to be upsetting you.
So, "Food for thought" Lou?

MikeB 
Posted on 22-May-2011 11:15:35
#149 ]
Elite Member

"This morning the ash cloud was 15 to 18 kilometers high which means that the volcanic eruption is ten times more powerful than the last eruption in Grímsvötn in 2004, Gudmundsson told ruv.is."

"It is much larger with much more magma flow and much more emission of ash than what we witnessed in the volcanic eruption in Eyjafjallajökull last year. The ash scatters widely and the ash cloud stretches over a large part of the country."

Source: icelandreview.com

"Iceland closed its main international airport Sunday as a volcanic eruption sent a plume of ash, smoke and steam 12 miles (20 kilometers) into the air.

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Iceland-closes-main-airport-amid-volcano-eruption-1389993.php#ixzz1N4h180S1"

Source: seattlepi.com

The good news is that the wind is blowing towards Greenland instead of towards mainland Europe.

Last edited by MikeB on 22-May-2011 at 12:17 PM.

Nimrod 
Posted on 22-May-2011 12:44:41
#150 ]

@MikeB

Quote:
The good news is that the wind is blowing towards Greenland instead of towards mainland Europe.

I am really glad about that, I remember the fuss resulting from their last unpronouncable volcano.
Hey! Iceland! It's cash we want from you!

MikeB 
Posted on 22-May-2011 13:03:24
#151 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

I don't think Iceland will be able to repay the loans to the United Kingdom and the Netherlands.

As for the dust cloud, hopefully the volcano calms before the wind changes direction towards mainland Europe.

There is potential if the wind turns around this cloud could thicken (newly released dust clouds + current dust) and if the eruption lasts for months it could be disastrous.

Last edited by MikeB on 22-May-2011 at 01:14 PM.

T-J 
Posted on 22-May-2011 13:28:00
#152 ]
Cult Member

@MikeB

Quote:
Have difficulty reading? First I state it's Iceland most active volcano. I think that should be active enough for a volcanic island as Iceland. I stated the 15 km high plume of smoke seems to be a new record for this volcano.

No, you just stated that its a 'new record' in general for this volcano. Since you have a track record of inferring the end of the world from perfectly normal events like this, I assumed you were connecting this Grimsvotn eruption to the imminent coming of Nibiru or something.

I would be inestimably relieved if you were to agree that this eruption is simply a result of Iceland being situated over a mantle plume on a mid-ocean ridge.

Fact is events like this are common in Iceland. The media is just a bit jumpy after the Eyjafjallajokull eruption.

@Nimrod

Quote:
Your given date for "Nibiru's" next visit is AD2900. Since you quote a 3600 year orbit, it would mean its last passage would have been 700BC.

I am not a Geologist, and would not be able to differentiate between modern peer reviewed accepted science and junk flood mythology, I will pass this one to T-J to find evidence of major geological upheavals of the type claimed at around that time. (Pole shifts, displaced ice caps, continental re-arrangements etc.)

Let's see... Was there a magnetic pole shift? Well, that should be easy to identify, let's just check the geomagnetism of the ocean floor... er, nope.

Let's check the sedimentary record - any evidence of sudden massive continent-scale faulting? Any unconformities between sediments of completely different provenance caused by sudden crustal shifting? Massive planetwide volcanism resulting from the sudden overnight rifting of every continental margin on Earth? Anything at all? No.

And the ice sheets? Are they in fact older than 2700 years? Yes. Yes they are. All we have to do is count the annual growth layers.

So, I think we can safely say that Nibiru as proposed by Mike, Lou and Sitchin did not visit in 700BC.

BrianK 
Posted on 22-May-2011 13:58:50
#153 ]
Elite Member

@MikeB

Quote:
T-J wrote:
Quote:
According to that link, Grimsvotn erupted in 1972, 1982, 1983, 1996, 1998, 2004 and now in 2011. So, it hasn't suddenly become more active than before.
Have difficulty reading? First I state it's Iceland most active volcano. I think that should be active enough for a volcanic island as Iceland.
MikeB you seem to blame people for not being able to read your writing quite often. Perhaps you should take some responsibility to make your message clearer.

Repeatedly within this thread you indicated events such as volcanoes indicated that Nibiru was a brown dwarf impacting our planet. So if you post another volcano and you really don't believe it to indicate Nibiru perhaps you should be clear that this volcanic occurance is not part of your volanco evidence.

I agree with T-J that you intended to make this volcano part of the Nibiru evidence pile. His response was very fair considering the snakeoil you've been trying to sell here.

Last edited by BrianK on 22-May-2011 at 02:05 PM.

BrianK 
Posted on 22-May-2011 14:10:35
#154 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:
The first thing that I learned this morning was that I have not been raptured. Oh dear, I have missed out again, what a tragedy.
An important item to note is only those considered worthy are being raptured. The rapture did happen all the worthy people are gone like Macho Man Randy Savage.

And of course the Dolphins are still here and neither did they leave us little bowls with messages carved in them so no need to worry.

But really we all know that May 21, 2011 was wrong and the church is therefore clearly wrong and their conspiracy didn't work. Jesus never came so therefore it's the Mayan's who are right about 2012/12/12 and they must be the true religion.

Last edited by BrianK on 22-May-2011 at 02:18 PM.
Last edited by BrianK on 22-May-2011 at 02:15 PM.

MikeB 
Posted on 22-May-2011 15:54:57
#155 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

Quote:
No, you just stated that its a 'new record' in general for this volcano.

Unedited and crystal clear:

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=33688&forum=4&start=120&viewmode=flat&order=0#615772

Quote:
I assumed you were connecting this Grimsvotn eruption to the imminent coming of Nibiru or something

How can you say this when I actually stated the exact opposite? Nibiru's passing will not be imminent and will not be sudden without warning. Reread again, no Ph D required:

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=33688&forum=4&start=60&viewmode=flat&order=0#615461

MikeB 
Posted on 22-May-2011 16:01:26
#156 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:
Repeatedly within this thread you indicated events such as volcanoes indicated that Nibiru was a brown dwarf impacting our planet.

IMO your agenda is pretty clear.

As within PS3 threads were hardly agree on anything unless of course your options to disagree have faded.

So IMO, by the time we would finally agree that Nibiru can actually exist and there's also a chance it is actually close enough to effect the earth I can assume the modern world is coming to an end both figuratively as well as quite literally. Honestly I hope that day will never come (agreement between us on this topic).

Last edited by MikeB on 22-May-2011 at 04:03 PM.

MikeB 
Posted on 22-May-2011 16:37:42
#157 ]
Elite Member

At first it looked to have been a "cataclysmic" class erruption of the volcano in Iceland. Meanwhile it has been officially upgraded on the scale towards a "collosal" magnitude.

So to compare this erruption to a sack of rice falling in China is IMO pure idiocy.

BrianK 
Posted on 22-May-2011 16:39:18
#158 ]
Elite Member

@MikeB

Quote:
IMO your agenda is pretty clear.
I'm glad I've made the agenda of applying valid evidence along with using logic and rationality to demonstrate your S.illy W.ild A.ssed G.uesses have any sort of substance is clear. An agenda that's one that demands proof over belief is a good thing. I don't want people wasting their lives living in fear of something that isn't real. I like and respect people more than that.

Quote:
we would finally agree that Nibiru can actually exist
I agree Nibiru can exist. Though you need to move beyond faith and show it does exist. The plus of this is then we'll be able to determine it's properties.

In so far as Nibiru is a brown dwarf that's impacting earth today (eg causing earthquakes and volcanoes) we know for a fact that is not true.

Quote:
Honestly I hope that day will never come (agreement between us on this topic).
As much as I hope the world never comes to an end that belief too can be tested by valid evidence and reasoning. What it tells us is alas the earth and universe will come to an end. In so far as humans are concerned. And that it's not in our immediate future and there's no reason to live in fear.

Nimrod 
Posted on 22-May-2011 17:30:46
#159 ]

@MikeB

Quote:
How can you say this when I actually stated the exact opposite?

I don't want to worry you but Campings clowns are saying that all of the good Christians have been raptured, and the next five months will be a time of tribulation for all of us evil people, ending with the end of the world on 21st October 2011.
It looks like they will try to claim Elenin as their "Sign from Above" when it becomes visible to the naked eye. There is nothing so good as a comet visible in the sky to increase religious frenzy among the masses, and put bums on pews.

Lou 
Posted on 22-May-2011 17:55:04
#160 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

Quote:

Lou wrote:
Food for thought.

This is not new evidence, this is somebody else trawling through the same sources. I will point out though that he is basing his scare story on the mass of the doomsday object, and its gravitational effects, not the insignificant EM displays that seem to be upsetting you.
So, "Food for thought" Lou?

What comes of Elenin remains to be seen. For now, to me, it's worth watching, particularly since it's orbit isn't consistent making the possibility for an impact greater and considering that Honda will be in close proximaty to it and earth at the end of the summer.

Recall that when I see "gravity" discussed I consider it a simpleton way of discussing EM effects. I was merely trying to elighten the rest of you.

For instance there are plenty of horsepower calculators based on a car's weight and quarter-mile time. None of them take into consideration gear ratios, shifting times or coefficient of drag, just weight and time. That's what gravity is, an estimated force ignoring what really caused it based on other observations with certain constants.

By the way, no one has explained to me why Newtonian gravity doesn't work when examining the orbits of other star systems without adding "dark matter" outside of the solar system? ...yet Brickland currents look similar to the formation of entire galaxies... I mean considering EM is so weak and gravity so strong...

Last edited by Lou on 22-May-2011 at 05:58 PM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle