Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
21 crawler(s) on-line.
 159 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Gunnar:  41 mins ago
 pixie:  1 hr ago
 DiscreetFX:  1 hr 40 mins ago
 DWolfman:  1 hr 49 mins ago
 cncparts:  3 hrs 22 mins ago
 saipaman4366:  4 hrs 9 mins ago
 Beajar:  4 hrs 28 mins ago
 Rob:  4 hrs 30 mins ago
 agami:  5 hrs 33 mins ago
 RobertB:  5 hrs 53 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Nibiru, what if ? - part 2
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 Next Page )
PosterThread
BrianK 
Re: Anybody remember Nibiru?
Posted on 15-Feb-2012 17:31:19
#1441 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
The site had much more to it than just Rossi. Again you are picking the potentially bad apple despite a healthy tree.
I'd recommend that if you want someone to read the site except for XYZ you let us know what XYZ you intend to reject and why. It'll save whole lots of confusion afterwards.

Quote:
I'm glad to finally see that you are finally seeing that all your CRAP has yet to be proven. ;)
To date the only unproven molecule in the Standard Model is the Higgs. It's only 95+% certain to date. Hopefully by end of next year that will be fully accepted or fully excluded. Science takes time. Though it's because they try to get a correct answer just not any old answer.

Quote:
It's nice to see you admitting that your CRAP is no better than mine
At present if we take the current scientific understanding and put it on a scale it outweighs by far, far more than your CRAP.

Profile     Report this post  
Lou 
Posted on 15-Feb-2012 20:19:26
#1442 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
The site had much more to it than just Rossi. Again you are picking the potentially bad apple despite a healthy tree.
I'd recommend that if you want someone to read the site except for XYZ you let us know what XYZ you intend to reject and why. It'll save whole lots of confusion afterwards.

Yes, that's the typical attitude of someone who likes to wait for the text books to be updated...

Quote:

Quote:
I'm glad to finally see that you are finally seeing that all your CRAP has yet to be proven. ;)
To date the only unproven molecule in the Standard Model is the Higgs. It's only 95+% certain to date. Hopefully by end of next year that will be fully accepted or fully excluded. Science takes time. Though it's because they try to get a correct answer just not any old answer.

I don't know... After reading this it really sounds to me like they find "something" then assign it a particle from the standard model. What's totally amusing about the duct-tape...err I mean gluons is that they are supposed to be massless...so they really can never find duct-tape-ons...
From the article:
Quote:
the result of a certain type of ion collision, where the two ions strike each other head on instead of grazing each other. The head-on collision releases more energy, and is therefore the type that is predicted to produce a quark-gluon plasma.

I mean, I'm sure it took an extra special rocket scientist to figure out that if two objects hit each other head-on that the total force of impact increases. To think of the devastation caused by fender-benders, I never would have guessed that myself...
Again, on another scale, when two object collide, usually one suffers more than the other. So in the case of these two black holes colliding, one lost density and went down to the density of QGP. Logical, actually. So to recap, they haven't found gluons either, just something they labelled QGP.

Quote:

Quote:
It's nice to see you admitting that your CRAP is no better than mine
At present if we take the current scientific understanding and put it on a scale it outweighs by far, far more than your CRAP.

Thanks for admitting you have the bigger pile of crap!

BrianK 
Posted on 15-Feb-2012 21:52:02
#1443 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Yes, that's the typical attitude of someone who likes to wait for the text books to be updated...
Mind reading is unproven. Don't expect Nimrod or I to figure out what you mean or don't by your link. If you disagree with part of your link and reject it, then let us know. Don't blame Nimrod for posting about Rossi when you were the actual cause.

Quote:
Again, on another scale, when two object collide, usually one suffers more than the other
Not true. If they objects are the same object with the same forces at work each should receive the same forces. If you collide two cars each car receives the same force in an accident. That a 1962 Caddy crumples and kills the people and that a 2002 Caddy does not kill the people is because the two Caddys handles those forces in different manners. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-WYKYrq5FI ... Or do you really believe Newton's 3rd Law is all bunk too?

Quote:
No problem. Can you do me a favor and give me the phone number of the closest room temperature cold fusion power plant. I'd love a tour.

Last edited by BrianK on 15-Feb-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Last edited by BrianK on 15-Feb-2012 at 09:52 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 18-Feb-2012 18:04:23
#1444 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
Mind reading is unproven. Don't expect Nimrod or I to figure out what you mean or don't by your link. If you disagree with part of your link and reject it, then let us know. Don't blame Nimrod for posting about Rossi when you were the actual cause.

You two pick the guy in the spotlight who doesn't what to show anything before he gets awarded his patents.

Quote:

Quote:
Again, on another scale, when two object collide, usually one suffers more than the other
Not true. If they objects are the same object with the same forces at work each should receive the same forces. If you collide two cars each car receives the same force in an accident. That a 1962 Caddy crumples and kills the people and that a 2002 Caddy does not kill the people is because the two Caddys handles those forces in different manners. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-WYKYrq5FI ... Or do you really believe Newton's 3rd Law is all bunk too?

Comparing proton smashing to crumple-zone testing is pretty fail. Smashing 2 apples together would be better.

Quote:

Quote:
No problem. Can you do me a favor and give me the phone number of the closest room temperature cold fusion power plant. I'd love a tour.

Apparently that will be possible this year...
http://coldfusion3.com

Lou 
Posted on 18-Feb-2012 18:09:43
#1445 ]
Elite Member

http://www.space.com/14620-sun-tornadoes-nasa-video-sdo.html

So we have proof that magnetic fields cause tornados but then NASA, the disinforming body that it is goes on to say:

Quote:
But unlike tornadoes on Earth, which are wind-driven phenomena, the sun's plasma tornadoes are shaped by the powerful magnetic field of our star.

I mean surely they posted evidence that this 'phenomena' is caused differently on earth, right?

Nimrod 
Posted on 18-Feb-2012 21:23:58
#1446 ]

@Lou

Quote:
Apparently that will be possible this year... http://coldfusion3.com
For my whole life people have claimed to be "just on the verge of a big breakthrough". As yet the success rate has been approximately zero. If this case turns out to be different I will be delighted to buy his Mr Fusion reactor, but until it clearly works, my money stays firmly in my own pocket. No pre-orders here, not even if he does offer a tee shirt. The fact that Rossi claims to have a factory being built means very little, as I for one remember seeing pictures of a certain production facility, Add to boastful exaggeration, the possibility that some businessmen are less than honest and you will see how little actual evidence you have presented.

Quote:
So we have proof that magnetic fields cause tornados but then NASA, the disinforming body that it is goes on to say
Quote:
But unlike tornadoes on Earth, which are wind-driven phenomena, the sun's plasma tornadoes are shaped by the powerful magnetic field of our star.
Amazing. When NASA scientists and engineers look at the possibilities of LENR they are cited as how things should be, but when they point out a fact that you find inconvenient, they instantly become disinformation merchants. The Sun is basically made up mostly of ionised Hydrogen, which is susceptible to even fairly weak magnetic fields. Conversely, the presence of strong moving magnetic fields around rotary magnetic separators in recycling and reclaim plants around the world has so far failed to generate a single tornado. Likewise there is no evidence of any unusual magnetic vortices being located in tornado alley. The two phenomena may look similar, but it's sharks and dolphins again.

Lou 
Posted on 18-Feb-2012 22:33:49
#1447 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou
Amazing. When NASA scientists and engineers look at the possibilities of LENR they are cited as how things should be, but when they point out a fact that you find inconvenient, they instantly become disinformation merchants. The Sun is basically made up mostly of ionised Hydrogen, which is susceptible to even fairly weak magnetic fields. Conversely, the presence of strong moving magnetic fields around rotary magnetic separators in recycling and reclaim plants around the world has so far failed to generate a single tornado. Likewise there is no evidence of any unusual magnetic vortices being located in tornado alley. The two phenomena may look similar, but it's sharks and dolphins again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAl1LVPbYhY
Oh snap!

FYI, anything NASA tells you is usually only what has already been de-classified. So yes, they are just mainly a PR firm.

Last edited by Lou on 18-Feb-2012 at 10:44 PM.
Last edited by Lou on 18-Feb-2012 at 10:37 PM.

Nimrod 
Posted on 19-Feb-2012 11:14:03
#1448 ]

@Lou

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAl1LVPbYhY Oh snap!
Oh! It's him again. Not long ago you posted a video by this guy claiming that he had made a scientific breakthrough having "discovered" something that Faraday demonstrated in 1821. He is now claiming another breakthrough by showing a demonstration of Flemings "right hand grip" showing the magnetic field induced by current flow, interacting with the magnetic field of the neodymium magnet. What he has done is to build another homopole motor, with the rising column of gas bubbles being turned rather than a piece of copper wire as in the examples shown earlier. Despite his claim at the beginning of the video nothing that he has shown is "unknown to science".

In his attached comments he states "This is very IMPORTANT as this will allow scientist to develop better, faster and more powerful machines to help the human condition.." We worked out almost two hundred years ago thet if you rotate the magnetic field by ninety degrees you get a lot more torque out of your motor at lower current levels. Lower powered, lower efficiency motors is not the way forward, despite what this individual claims.

I went to the local recycling site yesterday to get rid of some waste, and while I was there I watched a high speed magnetic separator drum pulling ferrous metal off the track in one direction, aluminium cans in the opposite direction and letting the plastic and paper waste straight through for further sorting. The only movement of air was the gentle breeze coming in through the open door, no tornadoes here!

Lou 
Posted on 19-Feb-2012 18:35:01
#1449 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAl1LVPbYhY Oh snap!
Oh! It's him again. Not long ago you posted a video by this guy claiming that he had made a scientific breakthrough having "discovered" something that Faraday demonstrated in 1821. He is now claiming another breakthrough by showing a demonstration of Flemings "right hand grip" showing the magnetic field induced by current flow, interacting with the magnetic field of the neodymium magnet. What he has done is to build another homopole motor, with the rising column of gas bubbles being turned rather than a piece of copper wire as in the examples shown earlier. Despite his claim at the beginning of the video nothing that he has shown is "unknown to science".

In his attached comments he states "This is very IMPORTANT as this will allow scientist to develop better, faster and more powerful machines to help the human condition.." We worked out almost two hundred years ago thet if you rotate the magnetic field by ninety degrees you get a lot more torque out of your motor at lower current levels. Lower powered, lower efficiency motors is not the way forward, despite what this individual claims.

So in other words, magnetic fields can cause tornados.

Quote:
I went to the local recycling site yesterday to get rid of some waste, and while I was there I watched a high speed magnetic separator drum pulling ferrous metal off the track in one direction, aluminium cans in the opposite direction and letting the plastic and paper waste straight through for further sorting. The only movement of air was the gentle breeze coming in through the open door, no tornadoes here!

I'm glad you have submitted more evidence towards my EM_IS_EVERYWHERE mantra. Kudos to you.

BrianK 
Posted on 19-Feb-2012 22:07:10
#1450 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
I'm glad you have submitted more evidence towards my EM_IS_EVERYWHERE mantra. Kudos to you.
Actually the EM_IS_EVERYWHERE is already agreed to within the list of fundamental forces. That EM_IS_EVERYTHING is your postulate that's unsupported and very different. Nice try Mr. Twist.

BrianK 
Posted on 20-Feb-2012 3:23:30
#1451 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

No one has proven why Stonehedge was built. One new postulate indicates that Music Events has some support.

olegil 
Posted on 20-Feb-2012 11:51:06
#1452 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Well, that article got its own quotes slightly backwards. The postulate is that it was built to visualize the "magic" pillars of interference. A theory which actually sounds sort of plausible.

But all it takes is a single madman with a little too much power (or money) and you can pretty much guarantee that archaeologists will be baffled forever. Sometimes it's not "why", but "why not?" that drives us

Using "voltage" instead of "potential", which leads to inventing new words like "amperage" instead of "current" (I, measured in A) or possible "charge" (amperehours, Ah or Coulomb, C). Sometimes I don't even know what people mean.

Lou 
Posted on 20-Feb-2012 17:13:22
#1453 ]
Elite Member

@olegil

Quote:

olegil wrote:
@BrianK

Well, that article got its own quotes slightly backwards. The postulate is that it was built to visualize the "magic" pillars of interference. A theory which actually sounds sort of plausible.

But all it takes is a single madman with a little too much power (or money) and you can pretty much guarantee that archaeologists will be baffled forever. Sometimes it's not "why", but "why not?" that drives us

If you read and believe http://exopoliticshongkong.com/uploads/Alien_Interview.pdf ...
They were built intentionally to confuse.

Lou 
Posted on 20-Feb-2012 17:40:34
#1454 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
Actually the EM_IS_EVERYWHERE is already agreed to within the list of fundamental forces. That EM_IS_EVERYTHING is your postulate that's unsupported and very different. Nice try Mr. Twist.

Brandenburg unified Gravity with electro-magnetism.
Nassim H. explained to you that strong force is gravity. ...which passed peer review, btw...

It's all EM...or GEM as Brandenburg puts it.

It's supported, just not supported by you and Nimrod.

BrianK 
Posted on 21-Feb-2012 12:40:12
#1455 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Nassim H. explained to you that strong force is gravity. ...which passed peer review, btw...
It's unfair to say anything 'passed peer review'. Peer review is a continual and ongoing process within science.

In the case of Nassim the 'peer' review was weak at best. This paper was presented not at a Physics Symposium but at a Computer Science event. It's unlikely most of the people were able to properly review the work. And even if reviewed and accepted we still can't do the dance of truth. That dance only comes through predictive and experimental confirmation. We're far, far from there on Nassim.

And just because you like to earn Fallacy-Scout badges here's another for you - Argument from Popularity.

Quote:
If you read and believe http://exopoliticshongkong.com/uploads/Alien_Interview.pdf ...

The EM Gods work in mysterious ways.

Last edited by BrianK on 21-Feb-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 21-Feb-2012 18:09:27
#1456 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
It's unfair to say anything 'passed peer review'. Peer review is a continual and ongoing process within science.

In the case of Nassim the 'peer' review was weak at best. This paper was presented not at a Physics Symposium but at a Computer Science event. It's unlikely most of the people were able to properly review the work. And even if reviewed and accepted we still can't do the dance of truth. That dance only comes through predictive and experimental confirmation. We're far, far from there on Nassim.

And just because you like to earn Fallacy-Scout badges here's another for you - Argument from Popularity.

Like I said: NOT SUPPORTED BY BRIANK

Quote:
Quote:

The EM Gods work in mysterious ways.

The footnotes about the Apollo missions are quite interesting...

Nimrod 
Posted on 21-Feb-2012 21:02:07
#1457 ]

@Lou

Quote:
So in other words, magnetic fields can cause tornados.
If you think that the movement of a few gas bubbles is a tornado, then you are very easily sold on an idea. If you want to prove EM causes tornadoes you need to show changes in the magnetic fields in and around tornado alley. You also need to explain why there is no tornado generated at every single checkout in your local supermarket when the checkout moves your shopping to be scanned. (Rotating magnetic field in the conveyor motor)

Quote:
I'm glad you have submitted more evidence towards my EM_IS_EVERYWHERE mantra
I am aware that there is EM. I am also aware of the amount of EM that there actually is, compared to the amount of EM needed to do what you claim. The term is "orders of magnitude"

Quote:
I don't know how best to tell you, but the site that you linked to is not "peer review", and since it does nothing other than repeat the original claim without actually researcing it, or even checking the maths, it adds exactly and precisely nothing to the validity of the original flawed claim.
The equation to find the schwartzchild radius of a mass is Rs=2*M*G/C^2 Rearranging this equation to find the mass at any given schwartzchild radius gives us M=Rs*C^2/2G. Inserting the values into the equation gives a mass for the proton that does not match actual measurements. Conversely the schwarzchild radius of a mass of 1.673*10^-27kg would be approximately 1*10^-30 of the Planck length. Harameins idea is simply not supported by mathematics

BrianK 
Posted on 22-Feb-2012 13:45:09
#1458 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Like I said: NOT SUPPORTED BY BRIANK
I think it's fair indication that you can't defend your 'truth' when instead you focus on attacking the messengers.

BrianK 
Posted on 22-Feb-2012 18:23:59
#1459 ]
Elite Member

@Thread

A good Mars Mission Graphic

Last edited by BrianK on 22-Feb-2012 at 06:24 PM.

BrianK 
Posted on 22-Feb-2012 23:42:54
#1460 ]
Elite Member

Faster than Light Neutrinos? Error identified . It was a lose wire causing the clock to count time incorrectly.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle