Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
21 crawler(s) on-line.
 96 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 pixie:  7 mins ago
 fatbob_gb:  7 mins ago
 lewishamilton0998:  14 mins ago
 amigakit:  23 mins ago
 Hammer:  26 mins ago
 Rob:  1 hr 25 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  1 hr 29 mins ago
 VooDoo:  1 hr 35 mins ago
 agami:  2 hrs 54 mins ago
 miggymac:  3 hrs 12 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Nibiru, what if ? - part 2
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lou 
Re: Anybody remember Nibiru?
Posted on 22-Mar-2012 19:49:32
#1641 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
How about a 100,000 ton stone like pictured at 7 minutes into the video?
Riddle me that one....

First question is that stone really 100K tons? The one in the image is clearly not 100K tons. The dimensions and density of that stone don't align with the author's presented value. Take a look at this Largest cut stones The largest one listed here, which is larger in all dimensions than the one they showed in the image is 1,200 tons. So do we take the evidence of density*dimension which shows the weight to be 1%, at best, of that the presenter claimed?

If the question is about real stones then we certainly need to consider the real weight. I'd say we have enough difference here that we'd want to verify whose version is corrrect. Science's determiniation of density*size for weight or the presenter. We could do this through statistical material sampling.

So, if I may change your wording a bit let's ask the heaviest monolithic stones moved. If we see the list of heaviest stone we're talking at most 2K tons. What we'd need to do is create postulates and evidence. Aliens is certainly a postulate - now you just have to invite them to show up and provide the evidence. Others are usage of teams of workers with levers, using other materials like sand and wood to aid the movement and journey. One would have to pay, most likely, a team to test various postulates and determine if these possible combinations could move it.

What we know is 1 guy can move 15tons. It's been demonstrated. The question I see here is how does this scale. Is it linearly? Logrithmically? Some other method? We'd have to try different things and see what happens. Experimentation is a wonderful thing.

First, we know the alien experiments failed as they didn't bother to show up. People can show up. We need money. So if you collect the money I'll collect the bodies and we can build some 1K ton objects and see if ropes, wood, stone can move it.

EDIT -
Another way to approach this is what is the largest monolith ever moved by man and how did they move it. Largest Monoliths ever Turns out there are some here we can't know for sure - For example Ramses II. We're asking how they might have moved that in Egypt. We dont' have direct knowlege. So then what do we have direct knowledge of ? Thunder Stone was moved by people. It was a great boulder of 1500 tons, moved in 1768. It was dragged over frozen ground, put on a metal sled on top of spheres, people used blocks and tackles to push and pull it. No animals nor machines were used to move it. 6KM isn't far compared to 150 miles but again if one can go 6KM then 150 miles is merely a matter of time and resources.

We can look at other things in history such as in the middle 1500s the Obelisk at the Vatican is ~350 tons. It was again placed by manpower. It was lifted by a crane. A wood one! Steel came ~200 years later during the Industrial Revolution.

You should really read your own "evidence"...

For instance:
Quote:
Mark Lehner and NOVA organized an experiment to tow stones and to build a pyramid 9 meters wide by 9 meters deep by 6 meters high. They were able to tow a 2 ton block on a sledge across wood tracks with 12 to 20 men. Approximately 6 to 10 men pulled each ton. The pyramid was 54 cubic meters total estimated weight 135 tons. It was built out of 186 stones. The average weight of each stone was almost 1,500 lb (680 kg). (.75 tons) They found that 4 or 5 men could use levers to flip stones less than a ton and roll them to transport them. 44 men took 22 days to complete the pyramid including the carving of the stones. They used iron to carve the stones that wasn't available to the ancient Egyptians. Egyptians had to use copper. They also used a modern front end loader to accelerate the work on the lower courses. They were unable to use the front end loader to install the capstone since it was too high and had to use levers to raise it to 20 feet (6.1 m).

20 ft! How tall are the pyramids again? /fail

and...

Quote:
In a 2001 exercise in experimental archaeology, an attempt was made to transport a large stone along a land and sea route from Wales to Stonehenge. Volunteers pulled it for some miles (with great difficulty) on a wooden sledge over land, using modern roads and low-friction netting to assist sliding, but once transferred to a replica prehistoric boat, the stone sank in Milford Haven, before it even reached the rough seas of the Bristol Channel.

This is what's annoying about your posting style of breaking things down. The sum of your parts is not greater than the whole... aka the big picture you never see...

And what does rolling a boulder have to do with cut monolithic stones? FYI: cuts stones are not round boulders!

Last edited by Lou on 22-Mar-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Last edited by Lou on 22-Mar-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Last edited by Lou on 22-Mar-2012 at 07:51 PM.
Last edited by Lou on 22-Mar-2012 at 07:50 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
Nimrod 
Posted on 22-Mar-2012 20:17:56
#1642 ]

@Lou

Quote:
Look in the mirror. I'm the one coming up with "postulates" here...
You prime postulate is that humans are, and always have been inept and incompetent vegetables that need constant assistance, advice , and monitoring by an invisible, undetectable benevolent presence. The one thing that you do not have to support this distorted view of human progress is something called evidence. The word evidence derives from Latin, and means "that which can be seen".

The main thing that can be seen from your "postulates" is that you are trying to turn progress around to return to the days when religious dogma dominated and stifled all forms of aspiration.

Quote:
People who stop questioning science become engineers.
Actually engineers are people who keep a close watch on scientific advances and keep asking one important question. "What practical use can I make from this information?" The computer that you are using to read this, was designed by an engineer, not a religious acolyte.

Quote:
How about a 100,000 ton stone like pictured http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXsdNiFac8w at 7 minutes into the video?
It looks like I will have to do a little bit of basic mathematics for you.
First, since the type , and density of stone is not mentioned I will assume a reasonably dense material and insert the average figures for granite at 2.75 tonnes per cubic metre. 100,000/2.75 will give the volume of a 100,000 tonne block as 36,363 cubic metres. This would equate to a cube 33 metres per side, and the longest axis of this particular rock is 21 metres. The calculated mass of stone is given in BrianK's link as 1158.696 tonnes. See how easy it is to blow away the hyperbole and waffle that these snake oil salesmen rely on to sell their fantasies.

BrianK 
Posted on 22-Mar-2012 20:44:50
#1643 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
You should really read your own "evidence"...
They were able to tow a 2 ton block on a sledge across wood tracks with 12 to 20 men. Approximately 6 to 10 men pulled each ton.

I don't think it means what you think it means. It clearly showed this team failed. However, the evidence that 15 tons was moved by 1 person shows that guy was smarter than the NOVA team. Not surprising that differences in ingenuity exist between different people and a different process clearly succeeded. And how much more ingenuity did the Russian team have in the 1770s? Moved a 1,500 ton stone by hand. Aliens didn't even bother to stop by and help.

Quote:
20 ft! How tall are the pyramids again? /fail
Height is an academic question. It's how many men and how long to complete. Do you believe some magic force field exists that prevented the team from going higher than 20 feet? Could they not have added a layer and gone another block higher?

Quote:
And what does rolling a boulder have to do with cut monolithic stones? FYI: cuts stones are not round boulders!
The 1500 ton boulder was transported on rolling stones. Not transported by rolling the boulder. There's a difference. And do you think that cut stones cannot be rolled? Did you not watch the video where the single human was rolling a square 3 ton stone by himself?

There's another problem going on here. It's your logic. You conclude that if you reject all human causes then aliens are therefore the only cause. It doesn't work that way. You still need to demonstrate it is aliens.

You're free to postulate about extraordinary causes but for proof you need to introduce extraordinary evidence. You severly lack evidence. Certainly fairies, bigfoot, and invisible dragons are just as capable as aliens and they're local to earth. If you want to insert the unproven you need to keep inserting.

You go all nutso about EM and claim it's Anti-Gravity, when in reality it's not. But why neglect your own thought. How about ancient humans using waves? Old writings, still well after the construction of the pyramid claim levitation spells. For example, Acoustic Levitation has only lifted kilograms but at present there's no theoretical limit of how much weight it could lift if applied correctly. Perhaps those people simply struck the right chord.

Last edited by BrianK on 22-Mar-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Last edited by BrianK on 22-Mar-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Last edited by BrianK on 22-Mar-2012 at 08:45 PM.

BrianK 
Posted on 22-Mar-2012 21:16:07
#1644 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:
Actually engineers are people who keep a close watch on scientific advances and keep asking one important question. "What practical use can I make from this information?" The computer that you are using to read this, was designed by an engineer, not a religious acolyte.

If anti-gravity existed today engineers would run to it. It would improve efficencies. Enable new technologies. And because they patented it's use they'd laugh all the way to the bank. Now I'm not saying it doesn't exist, afterall it's nearly impossible to prove a negative. What I am saying is if it existed in any form then people who are extraordinarily excelled at leveraging something to make a buck would make a buck.

BrianK 
Posted on 23-Mar-2012 13:24:34
#1645 ]
Elite Member

@Lou,

I was thinking more about how people without the aid of animals or machines moved the 1,500 ton boulder in 1768. Reading more it seems a significant amount of movement was done in the winter utilizing the frozen climate.

Could there have been ice in Egypt? On the surface it seems unlikely for a desert. Though the desert does get very cold, especially at night. The Sahara can reach 5F during the evening of the cold season. Also, it appears a frieze from ~2500BC showing people fanning jars on the ground. Later, but still in BC. It's recorded that others, such as Romans, used straw and fans to make ice in the desert. The Bible talks about ice in the desert too.

Now I fully agree postulate. Though it'd make an interesting experiment to see one might make such evaportative cooling effect work as a transport. Perhaps one could leverage icing effects to aid in the movement of these stones. Going through this step of evidencing would probably give us some indication if this postulate was a possibility.

How are you doing at getting the aliens to come evidence their methods?

Last edited by BrianK on 23-Mar-2012 at 01:27 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 23-Mar-2012 13:32:29
#1646 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
Look in the mirror. I'm the one coming up with "postulates" here...
You prime postulate is that humans are, and always have been inept and incompetent vegetables that need constant assistance, advice , and monitoring by an invisible, undetectable benevolent presence. The one thing that you do not have to support this distorted view of human progress is something called evidence. The word evidence derives from Latin, and means "that which can be seen".

The main thing that can be seen from your "postulates" is that you are trying to turn progress around to return to the days when religious dogma dominated and stifled all forms of aspiration.

My prime postulate is that humas were given to much credit at a time when they were inept.

Also, there is a big rift in archeology prior to 4kBC. It's those religious accolytes that you worship that try to tell you nothing organized existed before then, not me.

Quote:

Quote:
People who stop questioning science become engineers.

Funny, the big bang theory that you worship was proposed by a religious accolyte.
The hypocrasy of your statement of accusing me of religious belief is too obvious. I am the one with no faith in what is accepted [science] and am willing to change my beliefs on a whim. You however, have your head buried deeply in the sand. You cling to texts you started worshipping in your youthful education.

Quote:

Quote:
How about a 100,000 ton stone like pictured http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXsdNiFac8w at 7 minutes into the video?
It looks like I will have to do a little bit of basic mathematics for you.
First, since the type , and density of stone is not mentioned I will assume a reasonably dense material and insert the average figures for granite at 2.75 tonnes per cubic metre. 100,000/2.75 will give the volume of a 100,000 tonne block as 36,363 cubic metres. This would equate to a cube 33 metres per side, and the longest axis of this particular rock is 21 metres. The calculated mass of stone is given in BrianK's link as 1158.696 tonnes. See how easy it is to blow away the hyperbole and waffle that these snake oil salesmen rely on to sell their fantasies.

It doesn't matter. Show me a group of men pulling 1000 tons (1000 tones is 2 million pounds) over variable terrain. Show them cutting it first. Time it. You put it all together and its not possible with the engineering and organization of the time and proves to be monumental even today. It was tries on a smaller scale with better tools and still proved difficult. I think you have BrianKitis. You can't see the forest from the trees.

Lou 
Posted on 23-Mar-2012 13:34:44
#1647 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou,

I was thinking more about how people without the aid of animals or machines moved the 1,500 ton boulder in 1768. Reading more it seems a significant amount of movement was done in the winter utilizing the frozen climate.

Could there have been ice in Egypt? On the surface it seems unlikely for a desert. Though the desert does get very cold, especially at night. The Sahara can reach 5F during the evening of the cold season. Also, it appears a frieze from ~2500BC showing people fanning jars on the ground. Later, but still in BC. It's recorded that others, such as Romans, used straw and fans to make ice in the desert. The Bible talks about ice in the desert too.

Now I fully agree postulate. Though it'd make an interesting experiment to see one might make such evaportative cooling effect work as a transport. Perhaps one could leverage icing effects to aid in the movement of these stones. Going through this step of evidencing would probably give us some indication if this postulate was a possibility.

How are you doing at getting the aliens to come evidence their methods?

Winter in Egypt. Thanks for posting C.R.A.P.

As for aliens, you can find hundreds of thousands of pictures and videos with real UFOs on them. Not to mention thousands of eye-witness testimony. Thats infinitely more evidence than your winter-in-Egypt CRAP.

Lou 
Posted on 23-Mar-2012 13:42:20
#1648 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Nimrod

Quote:

If anti-gravity existed today engineers would run to it. It would improve efficencies. Enable new technologies. And because they patented it's use they'd laugh all the way to the bank. Now I'm not saying it doesn't exist, afterall it's nearly impossible to prove a negative. What I am saying is if it existed in any form then people who are extraordinarily excelled at leveraging something to make a buck would make a buck.

You are wrong.
Every time someone have invented a car that gets insanely high gas mileage or an electric vehicle that is better than what exists, some oil company or puppet company secretly owned by oil companies buys the inventor out and never produces the product. You can find these stories all over the internet. Tesla, for instance, made an electric car that did 90mph. Where is it today?

Oil makes the world go round. When we don't need oil, all the people in power don't have power. All the world's economies are oil-based. The US has more oil refineries than anyone in the world...by far. Until the planet actually runs out of oil, this will continue to happen. Studies done in the '70's predicted we'd run out of oil by now. Clearly they were wrong... Again, you don't see the big picture.

BrianK 
Posted on 23-Mar-2012 17:37:55
#1649 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
You might want to reread I never posted winter in Egypt. Instead I created a postulate, not a conclusion. It's not C.R.A.P. it's simply not proven or disproven. It's a interesting postulate. I didn't claim ice making was the truth.

Quote:
As for aliens, you can find hundreds of thousands of pictures and videos with real UFOs on them.

You were the one that cried fail when humans built a 20 foot pyramid. You were the one that cried fail when a human moved a 15 ton building by himself. These are both examples of evidencing the approach and fesibility to ancient humans.

Do you happen to have any aliens building a 20 foot pyramid or moving a multiton stone around the same year as the humans would be nice? Can we go out and see the work.

Quote:
Not to mention thousands of eye-witness testimony
We've already covered how eye-witness testimony is, at best, the weakest form of evidence. None of the claims have any significant validation. We also have eye-witness testimony of lots of other bunk claims too, don't forget. So that step to validate is extremely important.

Quote:
Every time someone have invented a car that gets insanely high gas mileage or an electric vehicle that is better than what exists, some oil company or puppet company secretly owned by oil companies buys the inventor out and never produces the product
-- I claimed "And because they patented it's use they'd laugh all the way to the bank." If what you're saying is true then the oil company would buy out the anti-gravitists and they'd laugh all the way to the bank. Did you realize your response here confirmed what I said? Following onto your charge here exactly which anti-gravitist did these oil companies buy out?

You're definitely missing the big picture. Worldwide corporate greed runs the economic engines of the world. If Company A would take over the marketplace because they had anti-gravity technology no one else did. They'd do it yesterday. I assume you just lived through a worldwide impacting banking crisis, Enron, Milken, Exxon, which are all indicative of how greedy the system is. Somehow you missed this? Maybe you should spend more time on current events than on pseudo-science.

Last edited by BrianK on 23-Mar-2012 at 05:44 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 23-Mar-2012 17:44:57
#1650 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
You might want to reread I never posted winter in Egypt. Instead I created a postulate, not a conclusion. It's not C.R.A.P. it's simply not proven or disproven. It's a interesting postulate. I didn't claim ice making was the truth.

Quote:
As for aliens, you can find hundreds of thousands of pictures and videos with real UFOs on them.

You were the one that cried fail when humans built a 20 foot pyramid. You were the one that cried fail when a human moved a 15 ton building by himself. These are both examples of evidencing the approach and fesibility to ancient humans.

No, I laughed about the 20 foot pyramid. The still had to use tools not available in 2000BC.

Quote:
Do you happen to have any aliens building a 20 foot pyramid or moving a multiton stone around the same year as the humans would be nice? Can we go out and see the work.

Today's visitors' bases, the ones our government has an agreement with, are either in the ocean, underground on in the sides of mountains. The rest get this treatment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN0XnDJKdWo

Quote:

Quote:
We've already covered how eye-witness testimony is, at best, the weakest form of evidence. None of the claims have any significant validation. We also have eye-witness testimony of lots of other bunk claims too, don't forget. So that step to validate is extremely important.

...according to BrianK...

Quote:

Quote:
Every time someone have invented a car that gets insanely high gas mileage or an electric vehicle that is better than what exists, some oil company or puppet company secretly owned by oil companies buys the inventor out and never produces the product
-- I claimed "And because they patented it's use they'd laugh all the way to the bank." If what you're saying is true then the oil company would buy out the anti-gravitists and they'd laugh all the way to the bank. Did you realize your response here confirmed what I said?

You're definitely missing the big picture. Worldwide corporate greed runs the economic engines of the world. If Company A would take over the marketplace because they had anti-gravity technology no one else did. They'd do it yesterday.

They laugh all the way to the bank every time someone fills up.
http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/2011/02/profits_v_prices.html
Perhaps you haven't been paying attention...

BrianK 
Posted on 23-Mar-2012 18:14:04
#1651 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
No, I laughed about the 20 foot pyramid. The still had to use tools not available in 2000BC.
Had to versus Did to are different points. They didn't have to. They did because it speed up the illustration. Once you have a brick or two placed by hand - go back to the guy that built stonehedge by hand it makes sense to save time by using newer tools.

Quote:

Can you believe 2 Murderers walk around uncharged and not in prision!

Quote:
Let me rephrase - Lou has nothing so he finds some stones to chuck.

Quote:
Again what's the name and evidence of the person that built usable anti-gravity that the oil companies snapped up to keep the technology out of the marketplace? And again where's the evidence of pyramid building aliens? Nice claims... As always waiting on evidence.

BrianK 
Posted on 23-Mar-2012 19:01:44
#1652 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Bringing your anti-scientific support belief thought home.
apropos

Lou 
Posted on 23-Mar-2012 19:05:47
#1653 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
Had to versus Did to are different points. They didn't have to. They did because it speed up the illustration. Once you have a brick or two placed by hand - go back to the guy that built stonehedge by hand it makes sense to save time by using newer tools.

And if my aunt had a penis, she'd be my uncle.
Fact: no one has built a pyramid in the exact same manner as 'the ancients'

Quote:

Quote:

Can you believe 2 Murderers walk around uncharged and not in prision!

We are not here to debate legal systems. Stay on topic.

Quote:

Quote:
Let me rephrase - Lou has nothing so he finds some stones to chuck.

aka The Story of BrianK
For reference look at his going off topic earlier.

Quote:
Quote:
Again what's the name and evidence of the person that built usable anti-gravity that the oil companies snapped up to keep the technology out of the marketplace? And again where's the evidence of pyramid building aliens? Nice claims... As always waiting on evidence.

Oh look, DARPA already funded a better fuel cell:
http://solarsystem.nasa.gov/scitech/display.cfm?ST_ID=2385
Funny, I didn't see GM announcing more effiecient electric vehicles...

COLOR ME SHOCKED!

...or not...

Last edited by Lou on 23-Mar-2012 at 07:08 PM.

BrianK 
Posted on 23-Mar-2012 19:47:15
#1654 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Fact: no one will ever do this until we build a time machine to view the exact construction period. However, this doesn't mean you get to claim truth without proof. Which is exactly what you have with aliens.

Quote:
We are not here to debate legal systems. Stay on topic.
Good attempt at your own attempt fool the eye-witness readers of this thread. However, should you have taken the time to watch the video you'd find 1 example of things that fool eye-witnesses. Here's Another Eye-witness failure . Both are one of many reasons we must validate eye-witnesses representation of the situation.

Quote:
Funny, I didn't see GM announcing more effiecient electric vehicles

Somehow you're able to not understanding giving us examples of engineers who make use of better knowledge when it become available opposes your statement that engineers only use old knowledge.

So again do you have any evidence of working anti-gravity purchased by oil and gas companies to hide it? Afterall these things are well known like the buy out and burning of trolley cars for example. So again do you have any evidence of aliens building pyramids. We had men evidencing a few stories of a pyramid. Let the aliens know if they want they can start with something small just 1 brick. EVIDENCE?

Last edited by BrianK on 23-Mar-2012 at 07:48 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 23-Mar-2012 20:11:32
#1655 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
Fact: no one will ever do this until we build a time machine to view the exact construction period. However, this doesn't mean you get to claim truth without proof. Which is exactly what you have with aliens.

So what you are saying is: your theory is no better than mine.

Quote:

Quote:
Funny, I didn't see GM announcing more effiecient electric vehicles

Somehow you're able to not understanding giving us examples of engineers who make use of better knowledge when it become available opposes your statement that engineers only use old knowledge.

Read more clearly:
Quote:
From 1989 to 1998, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) funded JPL and USC to develop direct methanol fuel cells for future defense applications. Inventors on the JPL team include Surampudi, Sri. R. Narayanan, Harvey Frank, Thomas Valdez, Andrew Kindler, Eugene Vamos and Gerald Halpert. The USC inventor team includes G.K. Surya Prakash, Marshall Smart and Nobel Laureate George Olah.

"This fuel cell may well become the power source of choice for energy-efficient, non-polluting military and consumer applications," said Gerald Halpert, former Electrochemical Technologies group supervisor at JPL.

It's 2012. Where are all the pollution-free cars?

Quote:
So again do you have any evidence of working anti-gravity purchased by oil and gas companies to hide it? Afterall these things are well known like the buy out and burning of trolley cars for example. So again do you have any evidence of aliens building pyramids. We had men evidencing a few stories of a pyramid. Let the aliens know if they want they can start with something small just 1 brick. EVIDENCE?

No problem, I'll use your time machine excuse.

Lou 
Posted on 23-Mar-2012 20:14:04
#1656 ]
Elite Member

http://arstechnica.com/science/news/2012/03/teach-the-controversy-science-education-bills-advance-in-tennessee-oklahoma.ars

One small loss for the Nimrodic-BrianKesque 'accepted science', one giant win for SCIENCE...

BrianK 
Posted on 23-Mar-2012 21:01:44
#1657 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
So what you are saying is: your theory is no better than mine
Nope. Let me restate to aid in clarity.

We have two postulates on the table. Aliens or humans. In the case of aliens we have 0 evidence. In the case of humans we have evidence of the tools existing, tested those tools and they do cut stones, and we have usable methods of available technology demonstrated.

Therefore because humans have some valid evidence, and aliens none, it's unfair of you to discard humans.

Quote:
They don't exist yet because we don't have a viable pollution-free solution.

Quote:
No doubt! You have no evidence so go ahead and pile on no more evidence. It's turtles all the way down.

Nimrod 
Posted on 24-Mar-2012 1:15:06
#1658 ]

@Lou

Quote:
My prime postulate is that humas were given to much credit at a time when they were inept.
And your evidence for this assertion is... oops sorry, I forgot you don't need evidence, just the ability to go "blah blah blah while you ignore the existence of simple mathematics.

Quote:
It doesn't matter. Show me a group of men pulling 1000 tons
If one man can lift ten tonnes by a height of ten metres, in ten minutes, how many hours does it take for one thousand men to build a pyramid 146 metres tall? The answer can be found using something called mathematics. when the Wright brothers first flew, the machine did not travel intercontinental distances, nor did it carry hundreds of passengers. What it did achieve was to prove the principle of powered, heavier than air flying machines, leading to the development of aircraft that have a wingspan greater than the total flight distance of that first flight carrying hundreds of passengers on intercontinental travel in absolute comfort (or not if you travel economy)

Quote:
You can't see the forest from the trees.
Actually, what I can't see is any evidence for your claims of benevolent assistance from the skies. Either in the form of extraterrestrials, or the deity of your personal choice.

Quote:
You can find these stories all over the internet.
The key word being stories. You have no actual evidence for these claims better than "a friend of your cousin once met a man in a pub who said that... " Do you fully understand what the word "evidence" actually means?

Quote:
Tesla, for instance, made an electric car that did 90mph. Where is it today?
Probably broken up for scrap because, despite them being a brilliant concept and a very good idea, nobody went out, put down their money, and bought one. As long as people keep buying overweight, underpowered relics like this then there is no commercial future for eco-motoring.

Quote:
Studies done in the '70's predicted we'd run out of oil by now. Clearly they were wrong... Again, you don't see the big picture.
Actually, the "big picture" is the exponential function as explained by Albert Bartlett. I have already linked to this, but obviously it was too complicated for you. Suffice to say that mathematics has already shown what will happen, and as a result I do not need to imagine a future when USA no longer has access to oil because it has all been used.

Quote:
That is an easy enough claim to make since we do not know exactly how each and every stone was laid. What little evidence we do have includes bureaucratic records of masons being paid, fed, and housed, but strangely no mention of contracts with the intergalactic construction corporation for services rendered, or supplies from Jupiter Mining Corporation. There is also actual recorded evidence of medaeval builders building stuff that "cannot be built today" without any assistance from little green men in flying saucers.

Quote:
Did you buy one, and why not.
Was it because you are waiting for GM to produce their forthcoming range of anti-gravity flying cars, running on one point twenty one jiggerwatts supplied to the flux capacitor by a Mr fusion cold fusion reactor. Oops, wrong fantasy.

Quote:
http://arstechnica.com/science/news/2012/03/teach-the-controversy-science-education-bills-advance-in-tennessee-oklahoma.ars One small loss for the Nimrodic-BrianKesque 'accepted science', one giant win for SCIENCE...
Since you consider this to be a victory, can I ask if Atheism will be allowed to be taught as a religious viewpoint, and why not?
Two further comments
First:- "Thank god I am an atheist" (think about it)
Second:- at this rate, USA technological lead will be gone in five more years, and I may even live long enough to see them overtaken by North Norea. Since you enjoy posting links to stories by failed sci fi writers, let me link to one by a successful writer and see if anything seems familiar.

Lou 
Posted on 24-Mar-2012 6:35:28
#1659 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
So what you are saying is: your theory is no better than mine
Nope. Let me restate to aid in clarity.

We have two postulates on the table. Aliens or humans. In the case of aliens we have 0 evidence. In the case of humans we have evidence of the tools existing, tested those tools and they do cut stones, and we have usable methods of available technology demonstrated.

Therefore because humans have some valid evidence, and aliens none, it's unfair of you to discard humans.

Quote:
They don't exist yet because we don't have a viable pollution-free solution.

Quote:
No doubt! You have no evidence so go ahead and pile on no more evidence. It's turtles all the way down.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. You've shown no actual evidence. You can polish your "posulates" all you want but in the end you can stick them in your posterior. Your "evidence" is as good as mine.

Lou 
Posted on 24-Mar-2012 6:38:39
#1660 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
And your evidence for this assertion is... oops sorry, I forgot you don't need evidence, just the ability to go "blah blah blah while you ignore the existence of simple mathematics.

Quote:
It doesn't matter. Show me a group of men pulling 1000 tons
If one man can lift ten tonnes by a height of ten metres, in ten minutes, how many hours does it take for one thousand men to build a pyramid 146 metres tall? The answer can be found using something called mathematics. when the Wright brothers first flew, the machine did not travel intercontinental distances, nor did it carry hundreds of passengers. What it did achieve was to prove the principle of powered, heavier than air flying machines, leading to the development of aircraft that have a wingspan greater than the total flight distance of that first flight carrying hundreds of passengers on intercontinental travel in absolute comfort (or not if you travel economy)

Quote:
You can't see the forest from the trees.
Actually, what I can't see is any evidence for your claims of benevolent assistance from the skies. Either in the form of extraterrestrials, or the deity of your personal choice.

Quote:
You can find these stories all over the internet.
The key word being stories. You have no actual evidence for these claims better than "a friend of your cousin once met a man in a pub who said that... " Do you fully understand what the word "evidence" actually means?

Quote:
Tesla, for instance, made an electric car that did 90mph. Where is it today?
Probably broken up for scrap because, despite them being a brilliant concept and a very good idea, nobody went out, put down their money, and bought one. As long as people keep buying overweight, underpowered relics like this then there is no commercial future for eco-motoring.

Quote:
Studies done in the '70's predicted we'd run out of oil by now. Clearly they were wrong... Again, you don't see the big picture.
Actually, the "big picture" is the exponential function as explained by Albert Bartlett. I have already linked to this, but obviously it was too complicated for you. Suffice to say that mathematics has already shown what will happen, and as a result I do not need to imagine a future when USA no longer has access to oil because it has all been used.

Quote:
That is an easy enough claim to make since we do not know exactly how each and every stone was laid. What little evidence we do have includes bureaucratic records of masons being paid, fed, and housed, but strangely no mention of contracts with the intergalactic construction corporation for services rendered, or supplies from Jupiter Mining Corporation. There is also actual recorded evidence of medaeval builders building stuff that "cannot be built today" without any assistance from little green men in flying saucers.

Quote:
Did you buy one, and why not.
Was it because you are waiting for GM to produce their forthcoming range of anti-gravity flying cars, running on one point twenty one jiggerwatts supplied to the flux capacitor by a Mr fusion cold fusion reactor. Oops, wrong fantasy.

Quote:
http://arstechnica.com/science/news/2012/03/teach-the-controversy-science-education-bills-advance-in-tennessee-oklahoma.ars One small loss for the Nimrodic-BrianKesque 'accepted science', one giant win for SCIENCE...
Since you consider this to be a victory, can I ask if Atheism will be allowed to be taught as a religious viewpoint, and why not?
Two further comments
First:- "Thank god I am an atheist" (think about it)
Second:- at this rate, USA technological lead will be gone in five more years, and I may even live long enough to see them overtaken by North Norea. Since you enjoy posting links to stories by failed sci fi writers, let me link to one by a successful writer and see if anything seems familiar.

Hello oh nimrodic one!
Did you know that a certain overweight and underpowered car is the world's fastest electric car?
http://green.autoblog.com/2012/02/29/dc-plasma-is-a-one-fast-fiero-watch-it-set-new-record-for-elect/

Thanks for sharing, do buy a clue!

Oh and did I say "EM FTW!"?

Last edited by Lou on 24-Mar-2012 at 06:39 AM.
Last edited by Lou on 24-Mar-2012 at 06:38 AM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle