Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
12 crawler(s) on-line.
 143 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Gunnar:  5 mins ago
 zipper:  12 mins ago
 Templario:  18 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  32 mins ago
 RobertB:  37 mins ago
 GPTNederlands:  53 mins ago
 janelancy:  54 mins ago
 -Sam-:  1 hr 2 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 45 mins ago
 pixie:  1 hr 46 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Nibiru, what if ? - part 2
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 Next Page )
PosterThread
BrianK 
Re: Anybody remember Nibiru?
Posted on 6-Apr-2012 16:45:06
#1761 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
So let me get this straight, you expect ETs to come here, die, leave their dead in the mud because clearly they are uncivilized ETs and also leave their tools lying around when they leave because obsiously they would never need a tool again ever...

You are the one claiming that actual human remains, actual human tools, and actual human writings are simulations. In fact you not only claimed these things are simulations you first tried to claim they aren't scientific. When indeed they are real and indeed are observable evidence.

So if you want to demonstrate these are ETs then again BRING EVIDENCE. Do you have any actual aliens, actual alien tools, actual anything?

Quote:
Prove it was fairies.
I'm following your rule. If it's not 100% then it's zero. Being you clearly do not anything more than 0% alien evidence it's as good as 0%. You demonstrate to us that your imaginative idea is more real than any other imaginative idea.

Quote:
Now I know why you'd sooner believe in fairies
We have as much if not more proof of the same quality as 'aliens' for the existence of 'fairies'. But, going back to Egypt show us the proof of aliens. Some guy using a Sumerian text that claims it says a 14K year old flood is no proof that aliens existed let alone aliens built the pyramids.

Quote:
You don't find fossils of ETs for the same reason you don't find fossils of every human ever born. If the conditions for fossilization are not met, things degrade..
You don't find fossiles of fairies for the same reason you dont' find fossils of ETs. If the conditions for fossilization are not met, things degrade. And since fairies are even smaller the chance of degrading is even higher and thus more likely not to exist.

Profile     Report this post  
Lou 
Posted on 6-Apr-2012 17:18:43
#1762 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
So let me get this straight, you expect ETs to come here, die, leave their dead in the mud because clearly they are uncivilized ETs and also leave their tools lying around when they leave because obsiously they would never need a tool again ever...

You are the one claiming that actual human remains, actual human tools, and actual human writings are simulations. In fact you not only claimed these things are simulations you first tried to claim they aren't scientific. When indeed they are real and indeed are observable evidence.

That you putting words in my mouth as is typical of your attacks...

If I find bones near a river, I do come up with some fanciful tale about how ALL the people of this era use this river as their source of life yadda yadda yadda like archeologist do. Archeology is not scientific. Your beliefs are based fanciful made up tales. My beliefs are made up of documentation from the people who were there and the fact that that documentation do document when things like the Great Pyramids were built, and why, and also document a scientifically proven FLOOD as coorboration. Meanwhile the archelologist you believe put their view of "history" in terms of the old testament and that nothing existed before 4000BC...which has been proven to be a bunch of hand-me down twisted versions of what actually happened to the Sumerians thousands of years before, in other words fiction based on fact.

Quote:
So if you want to demonstrate these are ETs then again BRING EVIDENCE. Do you have any actual aliens, actual alien tools, actual anything?

You still don't get it. Your evidence is actually a joke. For instance, you want me to defend my evidence but this is reminiscent of military strategy and information security: the defense has to work equally well across its entire border, while the adversary can concentrate its attack and only has to succeed on one point of attack to win. Hence "no ET fossils" = you win. That may sound good in your head but eventually you'll realise that you also have to bring the evidence and finding bones near a house doesn't mean the former owner of those bones built the house.

Quote:
Quote:
Prove it was fairies.
I'm following your rule. If it's not 100% then it's zero. Being you clearly do not anything more than 0% alien evidence it's as good as 0%. You demonstrate to us that your imaginative idea is more real than any other imaginative idea.

Let's be clear here. YOU are the one with the all or none rule. As I've told you before, I'm amazed you believe anything at all, but the reality is your brain-washing began as a child, so those beliefs are set in stone. You may not accept new information so easily but you have a core that prohibts your view of the history of man to actually change.

Quote:

Quote:
Now I know why you'd sooner believe in fairies
We have as much if not more proof of the same quality as 'aliens' for the existence of 'fairies'. But, going back to Egypt show us the proof of aliens. Some guy using a Sumerian text that claims it says a 14K year old flood is no proof that aliens existed let alone aliens built the pyramids.

Ah yes, the broken record routine...
Its called http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corroborating_evidence
Meanwhile, the archelogists you've been worshipping limit their theories to 4000BC...

Quote:
Quote:
You don't find fossils of ETs for the same reason you don't find fossils of every human ever born. If the conditions for fossilization are not met, things degrade..
You don't find fossiles of fairies for the same reason you dont' find fossils of ETs. If the conditions for fossilization are not met, things degrade. And since fairies are even smaller the chance of degrading is even higher and thus more likely not to exist.

I'm glad to see at times you can be logical.

Lou 
Posted on 6-Apr-2012 18:26:12
#1763 ]
Elite Member

Oh look! A fossil!
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/perfectly-preserved-woolly-mammoth-discovered-siberia-163507240.html

Quote:
The juvenile mammoth is believed to be more than 10,000 years old

Hmmm...so it was probably fossilized when the great flood happend and then got frozen in place. Meanwhile, the resident ET's knew it was coming, as Sitchin's translations say, and were not fossilized.

I guess you just have to be a rocket sciencist or something.

We can make up theories that tell fanciful tales that nothing existed prior to 4k BC despite the fact that homo erectus had fire for 300,000 years or we can read the documentation of ancient man, by ancient man.

Kronos 
Posted on 6-Apr-2012 18:45:52
#1764 ]
Elite Member

Waitaminute ..... is Lou accusing BrianK to be a "creationist" ????

That should get us atleast another 2000 replies

BrianK 
Posted on 6-Apr-2012 19:21:09
#1765 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
That you putting words in my mouth as is typical of your attacks...

Post #1754 you responded calling simulation to my post #1753 where I stated evidence of human bodies, human tools and human journals. You then claimed ET has some unknown magical power to get here and uses that same unknown magical power to get home. Yes you didn't say 'unknown magical power' but until you can show some demonstrable evidence that identifies the 'unknown magical power' let's keep labeling them in a way that's clear of their lack of evidence.

Quote:
My beliefs are made up of documentation from the people who were there
Your beliefs are made up of a discarded and disproven translation was a made up fanciful story. By not the author but a later would be failed translator, Stichin.

Quote:
Meanwhile the archelologist you believe put their view of "history" in terms of the old testament and that nothing existed before 4000BC
There was nothing indicating I said that in anyway. It's simply another of your Strawman creations.

Quote:
For instance, you want me to defend my evidence
Since you are the one purposing it then you need to be the one defending it. It'd be rather strange for your opposition to defend your evidence.

Quote:
That may sound good in your head but eventually you'll realise that you also have to bring the evidence and finding bones near a house doesn't mean the former owner of those bones built the house.
I'd agree on the surface. The problem here is the evidence is deeper than your oversimplification of finding 1 person by 1 home.

Quote:
You may not accept new information
What you don't get is a rephrased postulate is not 'new information' it's another guess. New information is the evidence that your Fairies Did It theory so dearly lacks.

Quote:
Its called http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corroborating_evidence
Um no. Likely you're call me a denier. The problem is that first assumes there's something to deny. There's such a lack of corroborative evidence that denial's simply impossible.

Quote:
I'm glad to see at times you can be logical.
The best response to the thoughts of Aliens build Pyramids when we have ZERO evidence to support that is likely from Neil Degrasse Tyson - "The problem arises when irrational thought and attendant behavior fill the vacuum left by ignorance.”

Last edited by BrianK on 06-Apr-2012 at 08:59 PM.

BrianK 
Posted on 6-Apr-2012 19:31:21
#1766 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Hmmm...so it was probably fossilized when the great flood happend and then got frozen in place
Really? Did you happen to find any posts relating to discovering sedimentation layers of active flooding? For example, were aquetic fossils found in the same sedimentation layers as the Mammoth?

Quote:
Meanwhile, the resident ET's knew it was coming, as Sitchin's translations say, and were not fossilized.
ET's wouldn't even have to know. Like Fairies they can fly. So they both simply flew above the flood along with the invisible dragon that breaths environmentally temperature fire.

Nimrod 
Posted on 6-Apr-2012 20:03:01
#1767 ]

@Lou

Quote:
Only with my assertions, they are backed by records of sumerians
No they are backed by stories invented by a man who had no ability to even understand the grammar and syntax of the sumerian language and who never at any point referred to the mesopotamian produced Sumerian/Akkadian dictionary that is the necessary point of reference for that language in much the same way that the rosetta stone opened the door to deciphering ancient egyptian heiroglyphs. Evidence of Sitchins gross ineptitude can be found here.

Quote:
corroborating scientifically proven FLOOD evidence.
OK, here's some more evidence of a flood. Now show me the aliens. At the time of the last ice age, the dogger hills overlooked the Rhine as it turned westwards to the sea. Of course as the ice melted and global sea levels rose the dogger hills became dogger island, and then the dogger bank, a set of shallows in the sea between Britain and mainland Europe. The very existance of the British Isles is evidence of an ongoing flood caused by rising sea levels as a result of ice melting, starting about 20,000 years ago, and separating the Islands of Britain and Ireland from Europe about 6,500 years ago. Since this is an ongoing process, and the ancient floods have not yet receeded, it rather takes your much vaunted little green men out of the equation.

Quote:
Time huh? Your simplistic view is amusing. If that was the only requirement, we'd have fossils of everything that ever existed.
I like the way you answer the statement that you wish I had made rather than reading the comment I actually made. For your benefit I will repost the comment Quote:
At a guess I would say that one of the most important things (but not the only thing) is time.
Geological time is needed, meaning that there has not been enough time to fossilise any remains from the construction of the pyramids.

Quote:
I think you will believe what you want to believe. Sitchin was one of twelve people on the planet who could translate Sumerian text
Sitchin was a fraud who used the fact that as a child he spoke modern azerbaijani and jewish languages to claim an expertise in ancient languages that he simply did not have. To show how languages and their usage changes here is a quote from an english text written in 1137 "Þa the suikes undergæton ðat he milde man was and softe and god, and na iustise ne dide, þa diden hi alle wunder" And also a comment from somebody who, unlike Sitchin can translate ancient Sumerian texts, referring to Sitchin
Quote:
Sitchin's linguistics seems at least as amateurish as his anthropology, biology, and astronomy. On p. 370, for example, he maintains that "all the ancient languages . . . including early Chinese . . . stemmed from one primeval source -- Sumerian". Sumerian, of course, is the virtual archetype of what linguistic taxonomists call a language-isolate, meaning a language that does not fall into any of the well-known language-families or exhibit clear cognation with any known language. Even if Sitchin is referring to written rather than to spoken language, it is unlikely that his contention can be persuasively defended, since Sumerian ideograms were preceded by the Azilian and Tartarian signaries of Europe as well as by a variety of script-like notational systems between the Nile and Indus rivers.
Or to summarise "This individual does not know his asre from his elbow"*

Quote:
Here's a better theory. The Great Pyramids we built prior to the flood of 12K BC
So why is there no written (or inscribed) record of their existence prior to c2550BC, and why do the Egyptians and others make reference to their construction at around that time?

Quote:
Meanwhile the archelologist you believe put their view of "history" in terms of the old testament and that nothing existed before 4000BC...
Archaeologists did not believe that even in the books I read thirty years ago that you keep referring to, but by posting this comment you have clearly demonstrated that you have not bothered to follow the link that I posted earlier, and are attacking statements that you wish had been made rather than statements that have actually been made. You then compound your dishonesty by accusing others of "putting words in your mouth". For the record, the only civilization that started in 4000BC was this one.

Quote:
That may sound good in your head but eventually you'll realise that you also have to bring the evidence
So what evidence have you brought? and I don't mean your petulant and childish assertions that Lou is right because Lou says that Lou is right. I mean links to real artifacts or contemporary records that can be corroborated from multiple sources to demonstrate the existence of certain irrefutible facts.

Quote:
As I've told you before, I'm amazed you believe anything at all, but the reality is your brain-washing began as a child, so those beliefs are set in stone.
You are clearly confused. Both BrianK annd I have clearly stated that we have no belief, we simply follow the evidence, so why are you amazed by a lack of belief? You then go on to claim that we were brainwashed as children, and our beliefs are set in stone. What beliefs? Although I suppose that I will have to plead guilty to believing that following the evidence produces better results than blind faith.

Quote:
Meanwhile, the archelogists you've been worshipping limit their theories to 4000BC...
Its that straw man again. You really should read that article that I linked to. You can read can't you. I wouldn't normally ask such a question, but you did ask T-J the same question a little while back.

Quote:
Meanwhile, the resident ET's knew it was coming, as Sitchin's translations say, and were not fossilized.
So at the end of the last ice age, these genius ET's couldn't move uphill to find dry land, but they could travel billions of light years to go home. As regards Sitchins "translations", these books are as scientifically accurate, and at least have the benefit of describing accurately the ideals and social customs of the time when they were written.

Quote:
We can make up theories that tell fanciful tales that nothing existed prior to 4k BC
You do know how to follow links don't you? once you get to the site that I linked to or at least the text that is on the page linked to. And leave that poor straw man alone. He has done nothing to deserve all of your attacks.

*asre, (pronounced azray) the ancient neanderthal word for the joint between the wrist and the shoulder. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

BrianK 
Posted on 6-Apr-2012 21:04:35
#1768 ]
Elite Member

@Kronos

Quote:
Waitaminute ..... is Lou accusing BrianK to be a "creationist" ????

That should get us atleast another 2000 replies

Sorry Kronos I cut that one short. It was so blanantly false that there's little worth there than calling out the fallacy and moving along.

BrianK 
Posted on 6-Apr-2012 23:11:53
#1769 ]
Elite Member

@Lou
Here's your alien evidence. http://i.imgur.com/l6gsa.jpg

Lou 
Posted on 9-Apr-2012 14:40:18
#1770 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
Hmmm...so it was probably fossilized when the great flood happend and then got frozen in place
Really? Did you happen to find any posts relating to discovering sedimentation layers of active flooding? For example, were aquetic fossils found in the same sedimentation layers as the Mammoth?

The mammoth was found in ice, not sedimentation. It probably was dead already judging from the wounds they found then got frozen over creating a perfect fossil. If the fish weren't dead, they probably swam away. Again, rocket science at its finest.

Lou 
Posted on 9-Apr-2012 15:10:44
#1771 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
Only with my assertions, they are backed by records of sumerians
No they are backed by stories invented by a man who had no ability to even understand the grammar and syntax of the sumerian language and who never at any point referred to the mesopotamian produced Sumerian/Akkadian dictionary that is the necessary point of reference for that language in much the same way that the rosetta stone opened the door to deciphering ancient egyptian heiroglyphs. Evidence of Sitchins gross ineptitude can be found here.

Quote:
corroborating scientifically proven FLOOD evidence.
OK, here's some more evidence of a flood. Now show me the aliens. At the time of the last ice age, the dogger hills overlooked the Rhine as it turned westwards to the sea. Of course as the ice melted and global sea levels rose the dogger hills became dogger island, and then the dogger bank, a set of shallows in the sea between Britain and mainland Europe. The very existance of the British Isles is evidence of an ongoing flood caused by rising sea levels as a result of ice melting, starting about 20,000 years ago, and separating the Islands of Britain and Ireland from Europe about 6,500 years ago. Since this is an ongoing process, and the ancient floods have not yet receeded, it rather takes your much vaunted little green men out of the equation.

Quote:
Time huh? Your simplistic view is amusing. If that was the only requirement, we'd have fossils of everything that ever existed.
I like the way you answer the statement that you wish I had made rather than reading the comment I actually made. For your benefit I will repost the comment Quote:
At a guess I would say that one of the most important things (but not the only thing) is time.
Geological time is needed, meaning that there has not been enough time to fossilise any remains from the construction of the pyramids.

Quote:
I think you will believe what you want to believe. Sitchin was one of twelve people on the planet who could translate Sumerian text
Sitchin was a fraud who used the fact that as a child he spoke modern azerbaijani and jewish languages to claim an expertise in ancient languages that he simply did not have. To show how languages and their usage changes here is a quote from an english text written in 1137 "Þa the suikes undergæton ðat he milde man was and softe and god, and na iustise ne dide, þa diden hi alle wunder" And also a comment from somebody who, unlike Sitchin can translate ancient Sumerian texts, referring to Sitchin
Quote:
Sitchin's linguistics seems at least as amateurish as his anthropology, biology, and astronomy. On p. 370, for example, he maintains that "all the ancient languages . . . including early Chinese . . . stemmed from one primeval source -- Sumerian". Sumerian, of course, is the virtual archetype of what linguistic taxonomists call a language-isolate, meaning a language that does not fall into any of the well-known language-families or exhibit clear cognation with any known language. Even if Sitchin is referring to written rather than to spoken language, it is unlikely that his contention can be persuasively defended, since Sumerian ideograms were preceded by the Azilian and Tartarian signaries of Europe as well as by a variety of script-like notational systems between the Nile and Indus rivers.
Or to summarise "This individual does not know his asre from his elbow"*

Quote:
Here's a better theory. The Great Pyramids we built prior to the flood of 12K BC
So why is there no written (or inscribed) record of their existence prior to c2550BC, and why do the Egyptians and others make reference to their construction at around that time?

Quote:
Meanwhile the archelologist you believe put their view of "history" in terms of the old testament and that nothing existed before 4000BC...
Archaeologists did not believe that even in the books I read thirty years ago that you keep referring to, but by posting this comment you have clearly demonstrated that you have not bothered to follow the link that I posted earlier, and are attacking statements that you wish had been made rather than statements that have actually been made. You then compound your dishonesty by accusing others of "putting words in your mouth". For the record, the only civilization that started in 4000BC was this one.

Quote:
That may sound good in your head but eventually you'll realise that you also have to bring the evidence
So what evidence have you brought? and I don't mean your petulant and childish assertions that Lou is right because Lou says that Lou is right. I mean links to real artifacts or contemporary records that can be corroborated from multiple sources to demonstrate the existence of certain irrefutible facts.

Quote:
As I've told you before, I'm amazed you believe anything at all, but the reality is your brain-washing began as a child, so those beliefs are set in stone.
You are clearly confused. Both BrianK annd I have clearly stated that we have no belief, we simply follow the evidence, so why are you amazed by a lack of belief? You then go on to claim that we were brainwashed as children, and our beliefs are set in stone. What beliefs? Although I suppose that I will have to plead guilty to believing that following the evidence produces better results than blind faith.

Quote:
Its that straw man again. You really should read that article that I linked to. You can read can't you. I wouldn't normally ask such a question, but you did ask T-J the same question a little while back.

Quote:
So at the end of the last ice age, these genius ET's couldn't move uphill to find dry land, but they could travel billions of light years to go home. As regards Sitchins "translations", these books are as scientifically accurate, and at least have the benefit of describing accurately the ideals and social customs of the time when they were written.

Quote:
We can make up theories that tell fanciful tales that nothing existed prior to 4k BC
You do know how to follow links don't you? once you get to the site that I linked to or at least the text that is on the page linked to. And leave that poor straw man alone. He has done nothing to deserve all of your attacks.

*asre, (pronounced azray) the ancient neanderthal word for the joint between the wrist and the shoulder. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

As your whole post is a joke, it shows how laughable your counter-evidence is. You've shown nothing. Not one written record.

After all, as before when you have nothing solid you always return to degrading the source in any way you can. That is after all in the list of debunking rules.

As we know, you and BrianK have already lost the gravity arguement and have chosen to stop posting about it. Infact here's alot more data to show you how wrong you and BrianK were.

I have supplied peer-reviewed data about what gravity is and isn't. With the new FLOOD data, the list of evidence that supports concepts like what Sitchin claims goes up by one and your religion-based views of history goes down by one. The writings are on the wall (literally in the case of some ancient texts) so I expect your posts to continue to be derogatory, like BrianK's have become, because in the fact of actual evidence the debunking rules clearly state ridicule in spite of facts is the best defense.

Lou 
Posted on 9-Apr-2012 15:24:00
#1772 ]
Elite Member

@pundits

http://arstechnica.com/science/news/2012/04/a-pair-of-geologic-clocks-get-updates.ars

You will kindly note that I have criticized radiation dating...
I guess some people just like being lapdogs to what they think they "learned" in their youth...

Last edited by Lou on 09-Apr-2012 at 03:24 PM.

BrianK 
Posted on 9-Apr-2012 15:59:25
#1773 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
The mammoth was found in ice, not sedimentation. It probably was dead already judging from the wounds they found then got frozen over creating a perfect fossil. If the fish weren't dead, they probably swam away. Again, rocket science at its finest.

Ice can be formed in ways other then a Global Flood. You throw out lots of postulates you got any evidence? Not saying it didn't happen the way you say. If you're going to make the accusations you should have something to back them up. So what do you have?

Quote:
I guess some people just like being lapdogs to what they think they "learned" in their youth...

As always the best evidence comes from multiple divergent lines. Relative and absolute dating relies on different lines of evidence.

The positive here is SCIENCE! The continual process of questioning evidence, repostulating, and error checking refined our knowledge and thus is improving our dating methods. This results in more accurate readings with smaller error boundaries on the probability.

Example taken from the article. We would say something is 4.5M years old, which gave us an error of 400K years - or 4.3M-4.7M years old. Now we can date that same object with an error of 30K years of 4.485M years to 4.515M years - Indeed a nice increase in accuracy.

It'd be nice to see your stuff get such an improvement. You told us Stichin claimed a flood 14K years ago. Then you cited a Mammoth that was 10K years old as proof. Your error there is huge in comparision. What 60%? Ouch! You wish you had the 9x% accuracy of the old or new radiometric datings.

Nimrod 
Posted on 9-Apr-2012 18:47:18
#1774 ]

@Lou

Quote:
You've shown nothing. Not one written record.
You keep repeating this blatant lie in the hope that you can convince somebody, but you are only making yourself look ever more desparate and dishonest. The only one who has no evidencwe, and resorts to trawling the internet for any CRAP that they can find in order to muddy the waters, is you.

Quote:
As we know, you and BrianK have already lost the gravity arguement
Oh really? When and how, where did you park the flying car? What was your evidence? If you are thinking about Podkletnov, here is the basis of his "amazing" discoveries. If his machine were acting on gravity, reversing the connections would cause things to increase in weight.

You didn't have any evidence, you still don't have any evidence, and you probably never will have any evidence, but you keep repeating the lie in the vain hope that one day it will somehow convince somebody other than yourself.

Quote:
I have supplied peer-reviewed data
What peer reviewed data?
Peer reviewed data does not include science fiction, or unsupported assertions. None of the CRAP that you have linked to has successfully completed the peer review process.

Quote:
With the new FLOOD data
A little bit of news for you. The biblical flood myth is a religious story, with no evidence to support its actuality. Once again you are posting assertions and wishful thinking as fact. In reality your whole "new science" ethos is merely a variant of religious dogma, claiming that your favourite fantasy is true simply because you say that it is true.

Quote:
The mammoth was found in ice, not sedimentation.
Ice is evidence of two things, the presence of water, and that is is cold. That is all that ice proves. It does not indicate a rise in sea level, and indeed a rise in sea level indicates an increase in temperature melting large areas of the polar ice cap. In fact the presence of ice indicates lower sea levels, and contradicts this specimen being involved in the flood myth. From reading the article there is absolutely nothing to indicate that there was any rise in water level. There is no indication of anything other than the creature dying and its body being covered in snow and ice which built up for a long time prior th the current rising temperatures releasing it from the ice.

Quote:
Indeed you have, you have made spurious claims about scientists relying on C14 dating on inorganic samples. This again is a distortion of reality. Other radioactive decay series also exist and are used together with other data sources to give an accurate estimate of the age of multiple samples. This is why scientists date items and give a margin of error, as the samples all give slightly different results. It was not a scientist who claimed that the world was created on 23 October 4004BC it was religious fundamentalists citing a Bishop as their source.

BrianK 
Posted on 9-Apr-2012 19:25:55
#1775 ]
Elite Member

Last edited by BrianK on 09-Apr-2012 at 07:52 PM.

olegil 
Posted on 10-Apr-2012 14:55:31
#1776 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Something previously dated as 4.5 billion years old would be off by about 400,000 years (a whopping 0.009% difference, to be fair)

Methinks you're reading a little too much "between the lines" sometimes.

How does a 0.009% difference have anything to do with being lapdogs to anything?

Edit:
Since you're just gonna answer this with the usual response, let me save you the trouble and state unequivocally that "No, I'm from Norway, therefore my native tongue is Norwegian".

Last edited by olegil on 10-Apr-2012 at 02:57 PM.

Using "voltage" instead of "potential", which leads to inventing new words like "amperage" instead of "current" (I, measured in A) or possible "charge" (amperehours, Ah or Coulomb, C). Sometimes I don't even know what people mean.

Lou 
Posted on 10-Apr-2012 16:18:21
#1777 ]
Elite Member

@olegil

Quote:

olegil wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
Something previously dated as 4.5 billion years old would be off by about 400,000 years (a whopping 0.009% difference, to be fair)

Methinks you're reading a little too much "between the lines" sometimes.

How does a 0.009% difference have anything to do with being lapdogs to anything?

Edit:
Since you're just gonna answer this with the usual response, let me save you the trouble and state unequivocally that "No, I'm from Norway, therefore my native tongue is Norwegian".

Quote:
Previous measurements (performed between the 1950s and 1980s) of the half-life of samarium-146 have ranged from 50 million up to 103 million years; the latter became the accepted value. A group of researchers have now used greatly-improved instruments to revisit the particularly tricky measurement, and report a significant revision. They put the half-life at 68 million years.

Maybe math is different in Norway but going from 103 to 68 is not a .009% difference.

Lou 
Posted on 10-Apr-2012 16:27:41
#1778 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

Quote:

With the new FLOOD data
A little bit of news for you. The biblical flood myth is a religious story, with no evidence to support its actuality. Once again you are posting assertions and wishful thinking as fact. In reality your whole "new science" ethos is merely a variant of religious dogma, claiming that your favourite fantasy is true simply because you say that it is true.

The evidence was provided in this generally addressed post.
AKA you are once again proven wrong.

To recap:
I said gravity was a side-effect of EM, you said no. I proved you wrong.
I said EM is ORDERS of MAGNITUTE stronger than gravity, you said no. I proved you wrong.
I said there was a big flood according to Sumerian texts around 12K BC, you said myth. I proved you wrong.
I said using decay to date things has a HIGH margin of error ... etc ... I was right.

Are you and BrianK and any other pundit starting to see a patern yet?

BrianK 
Posted on 10-Apr-2012 17:55:22
#1779 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
You mean the Lou believes postulates support postulates and screw the evidence point of view? Then YES!

Nimrod 
Posted on 10-Apr-2012 19:50:58
#1780 ]

@Lou

Quote:
The evidence was provided in this generally addressed post. AKA you are once again proven wrong.
If you learned to read, and then took the trouble to read my respons you will realise that I already agreed that there was a lot of ice melting at the end of the last ice age, and as a consequence the dogger hills are still under the North sea between England and mainland Europe, so yes there was a flood and it still hasn't gone away. But how does the existence of the British Isles prove the presence of ET's.

Quote:
I said gravity was a side-effect of EM, you said no. I proved you wrong.
Correction, You made an unsupported assertion that you were right, and your evidence that you are right is the fact that you said you were right. It is called circular logic and is a favourite ploy of the uneducated in a futile attempt to appear erudite. EM has both positive and negative charge which in the macroscopic scale cancels out. Gravity by contrast is entirely additive and there is no cancellation.

Quote:
I said EM is ORDERS of MAGNITUTE stronger than gravity, you said no. I proved you wrong.
Correction, You made an unsupported assertion that you were right, and your evidence that you are right is the fact that you said you were right. It is called circular logic and is a favourite ploy of the uneducated in a futile attempt to appear erudite. You totally failed to post a single relevant mathematical equation to support your statement, failed to account for random magnetic fields of the planets of the solar system, failed to account for planetary rotation axes that are tilted both in relation to the magnetic field of the sun and even their own magnetic fields (if any), and failed to account for the orbit of a planet in a nearby solar system that orbits its sun in the opposite direction of the rotating magnetic field.

Quote:
I said there was a big flood according to Sumerian texts around 12K BC, you said myth. I proved you wrong.
Correction, You made an unsupported assertion that you were right, and your evidence that you are right is the fact that you said you were right. It is called circular logic and is a favourite ploy of the uneducated in a futile attempt to appear erudite. The Sumerian flood myth, like many other flood myths including the biblical myth that derives from the Sumerian myth, have the waters receeding after a few weeks. The rise in sea levels that accompanied the end of the last ice age have not yet receeded. That makes the stories told by Sitchin simply that. Stories told to children to stop them asking questions for which the adult does not know the answer. Tablet 11 of the epic of Gilgamesh, like the Hebrew storiy of Noah, is set around 2750 to 2500 BC. It was the calculations of these dates together with the claimed ages and and supposed family histories that led James Ussher to give a creation date of October 23, 4004BC. As a consequence of this your margin of error is 10,000 years on an age of less than 5,000 years. Learning starts when people have the honesty to look at the evidence first, then reach a conclusion based on the evidence.

Quote:
I said using decay to date things has a HIGH margin of error ... etc ... I was right.
Correction, You made an unsupported assertion that you were right, and your evidence that you are right is the fact that you said you were right. It is called circular logic and is a favourite ploy of the uneducated in a futile attempt to appear erudite. While I accept that the levels of accuracy have increased over the years as a result of the advances in electronics, the earlier results were far from the random numbers that you would like them to have been. The results are certainly far more accurate than the fantasies touted by Sitchin in his attempts to pass invented stories as translations of ancient writings. The other thing that you fail to realise is that scientists draw from more than one source of evidence when they put theories up for peer review. They do not pick the result that they want, and ignore any and all evidence that does not support their predetermined view of what the world should be like.

Quote:
Strangely enough, I do begin to see a pattern. Lou makes unsupported assertions that Lou is right, and his evidence that he is right is that Lou says that Lou is right.
Instead of making blind unsupported assertions, instead of posting links to other people making blind unsupported assertions, why don't you post some actual real and tangible E V I D E N C E

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle