Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
19 crawler(s) on-line.
 146 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 zipper:  28 mins ago
 ppcamiga1:  39 mins ago
 VooDoo:  58 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 8 mins ago
 marcofreeman:  1 hr 16 mins ago
 pixie:  1 hr 22 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 38 mins ago
 BigD:  2 hrs 7 mins ago
 CosmosUnivers:  3 hrs 20 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  3 hrs 49 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Nibiru, what if ? - part 2
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lou 
Re: Anybody remember Nibiru?
Posted on 18-Oct-2012 13:49:32
#2561 ]
Elite Member

@olegil

Quote:

olegil wrote:
@Nimrod

I've also found this:
http://www.stuff.tv/news/life-etc/news-nugget/nemesis-fastest-electric-car-ever-breaks-world-record-today

Which got up to 148 on a quarter mile. I found this first, then misread the 155mph claim for the DC Plasma nee Fiero to be quarter mile, not full mile. So yeah, I agree. The DC Plasma is nowhere near being the fastest electric car. Ironically enough it's not even listed as record holder by Nedra, the current record listed there is actually slower.

Nedra, chances are you need to be a member of Nedra to even be listed. If the Nemesis got up to 148 but "claims" 200mph as 'possible' and the DC Plasma Fiero got up to 155mph in actuality, then you need to define what you mean by 'fastest'.

Last edited by Lou on 18-Oct-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
olegil 
Posted on 18-Oct-2012 14:09:12
#2562 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

the Nemesis got up to 148 in a quarter mile, the DC Plasma got up to 134 in a quarter mile but managed 155 after a full mile.

In the universe where I'm presently residing 148 is higher than 134.

Last edited by olegil on 18-Oct-2012 at 02:10 PM.

Using "voltage" instead of "potential", which leads to inventing new words like "amperage" instead of "current" (I, measured in A) or possible "charge" (amperehours, Ah or Coulomb, C). Sometimes I don't even know what people mean.

olegil 
Posted on 18-Oct-2012 14:12:25
#2563 ]
Elite Member

@olegil

Actually, on second hand it's very confusing as the article doesn't technically specify the conditions. So I'm back at thinking it's slower than the DC Plasma. But Nimrod had a few examples that were much faster, so it's sort of a moot point.

Using "voltage" instead of "potential", which leads to inventing new words like "amperage" instead of "current" (I, measured in A) or possible "charge" (amperehours, Ah or Coulomb, C). Sometimes I don't even know what people mean.

BrianK 
Posted on 18-Oct-2012 14:16:44
#2564 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Until you show me a faster electric 1/4 mile car, you are full of hot air as in everything else.

This is actually a great example of how to work. A rather simplistic postulate (fastest car) but workable. You looked at the various experiments that exist (eg various runs of cars) compared them and built a base of evidence upon which to draw a conclusion.

It is noteably different from how you're operating with EM. You show the postulates (eg Haramein). However, there isn't experimentation (aka evidence) showing his thoughts are correct not not. You leap over that step and then draw a conclusion that 'It's all EM'. Actually at times you do worse here as you claim postualtes are facts when the experimental evidence is against the postulate.

Thanks again for the sidestep into the Fiero world. It created a useful illustration for us.

@Niolator
You're welcome.

Lou 
Posted on 18-Oct-2012 14:22:46
#2565 ]
Elite Member

@olegil

Quote:

olegil wrote:
@Lou

That car is the fastest I've found, but I have a hard time calling it a Pontiac Fiero.
There's not much Fiero in it.

Fiero frame, Fiero body, Fiero interior, Fiero steering column and steering rack, Fiero doors... How much more Fiero do you need? The GM EV-1 used a Fiero frame redone as an aluminum version and that was the first production electric car from GM in the early 90's. I'd love to get my hands on one of those but they were all crushed after the leases expired. :/

It's funny, that smug attitude is quite the opposite of what people say about Fiero-based kit cars when Fieros are transformed to look like more exotic cars. The snobs quite adamantly state "it's still a Fiero"...and there's probably less 'Fiero' in them than the DC Plasma...

What I actually love about the Fiero is that you can make of it what you will...
For instance...

Last edited by Lou on 18-Oct-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 18-Oct-2012 14:29:04
#2566 ]
Elite Member

@olegil

Quote:

olegil wrote:
@Lou

the Nemesis got up to 148 in a quarter mile, the DC Plasma got up to 134 in a quarter mile but managed 155 after a full mile.

Again, you need to define 'fastest'. It is possible that the Nemesis doesn't have the juice to continue gaining speed. Until it does, 155>148.

Lou 
Posted on 18-Oct-2012 14:34:21
#2567 ]
Elite Member

@olegil

Quote:

olegil wrote:
@Lou

Nimrod's example was never a production vehicle.

Nimrod fails again.
He also fails when calling the Fiero's handling poor. In fact, I'd call him a straight retard when you look at the facts on the slalom:

The Fiero ran the slalom at 63.4-63.9 mph (about 61.5 for 4-cyl. models).
Pontiac Firebird Trans Am -> 59.7 mph
Lotus Epsrit S4 -> 60.6 mph
Porsche 911 Carrera -> 61.9 mph
BMW M3 -> 62.8 mph
Corvette ZR-1 -> 63.6 mph
Ferrari 348 -> 62.8 mph
Acura NSX -> 62.3 mph
Dodge Viper -> 62.7 mph
Ford Mustang Cobra (1994) -> 61.1 mph
Nissan 300ZX Turbo -> 63.0 mph

Yes, all in stock production form. (based on models from the 80's and early 90's of the cars listed)

Last edited by Lou on 18-Oct-2012 at 02:37 PM.
Last edited by Lou on 18-Oct-2012 at 02:36 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 18-Oct-2012 14:35:21
#2568 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
Until you show me a faster electric 1/4 mile car, you are full of hot air as in everything else.

This is actually a great example of how to work. A rather simplistic postulate (fastest car) but workable. You looked at the various experiments that exist (eg various runs of cars) compared them and built a base of evidence upon which to draw a conclusion.

It is noteably different from how you're operating with EM. You show the postulates (eg Haramein). However, there isn't experimentation (aka evidence) showing his thoughts are correct not not. You leap over that step and then draw a conclusion that 'It's all EM'. Actually at times you do worse here as you claim postualtes are facts when the experimental evidence is against the postulate.

Thanks again for the sidestep into the Fiero world. It created a useful illustration for us.

@Niolator
You're welcome.

All it is, is really an example of how you swallow everything Nimrod will give you even though he's well, a nimrod.

BrianK 
Posted on 18-Oct-2012 16:38:19
#2569 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
All it is, is really an example of how you swallow everything Nimrod will give you even though he's well, a nimrod.
Strawman. I never accepted or rejected Nimrod's car position. In fact if you read the last page and this page you'll find I never posted anything about the Fiero. Just don't care as I think it's off topic.

Instead I brought it back on topic by demonstrating your reasoning and approach differences between the 'here's the proof' of the Fiero versus the 'here's the postulate but I'll claim them true' EM is God approaches.

Nimrod 
Posted on 18-Oct-2012 17:44:08
#2570 ]

@Lou

Quote:
And I suppose that by your definition John Metric's DC Plasma is. The vehicles that I demonstrated as being faster than the highly modified Fiero are cars that have been used legally on the public road in their country of origin. Had I wished to go for a test track only electric vehicle I would have cited the Buckeye Bullet series of vehicles which achieved speeds of 271 mph (1) 303 mph (2) and finally an FIA sanctioned world record speed of 307.666mph for the BB2.5. This makes your claims for Metric's highly modified Fiero seem positively pedestrian. I also note that the carefully selected list of cars in the list of slalom results does not include Saab, Audi, VW, Fiat, Morgan etc, let alone the more exotic offerings available. The Honda Civic, noted as an old mans town car was able to match the speeds of the Fiero in this test, and the Fiero is supposed to be a sporty vehicle. I would anticipate that a 1980's Skoda could outmanoeuvre a Pontiac of the same age.

Lou 
Posted on 18-Oct-2012 18:23:27
#2571 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
And I suppose that by your definition John Metric's DC Plasma is. The vehicles that I demonstrated as being faster than the highly modified Fiero are cars that have been used legally on the public road in their country of origin. Had I wished to go for a test track only electric vehicle I would have cited the Buckeye Bullet series of vehicles which achieved speeds of 271 mph (1) 303 mph (2) and finally an FIA sanctioned world record speed of 307.666mph for the BB2.5. This makes your claims for Metric's highly modified Fiero seem positively pedestrian. I also note that the carefully selected list of cars in the list of slalom results does not include Saab, Audi, VW, Fiat, Morgan etc, let alone the more exotic offerings available. The Honda Civic, noted as an old mans town car was able to match the speeds of the Fiero in this test, and the Fiero is supposed to be a sporty vehicle. I would anticipate that a 1980's Skoda could outmanoeuvre a Pontiac of the same age.

This is not a car:

You really have no idea what you are talking about.
...but I've know that for a while...
The DC Plasma can be driven on the street and is also quite the slalom car unlike most purpose built 1/4 mile cars.

Just stop living up to your username, please. You poor attempts at insults continue to exemplify this.

Last edited by Lou on 18-Oct-2012 at 06:30 PM.

Nimrod 
Posted on 18-Oct-2012 20:17:15
#2572 ]

@Lou

Quote:
This is not a car:
I totally agree that it is not a production car, and neither is it street legal but it is faster than the DC Plasma, as were the other examples that I cited in post #2558. Like the DC Plasma the cars I linked to are concept vehicles, but unlike the modified Fiero they are intended as preproduction prototypes. I cannot see a successful business future for John Metric selling modified second hand cars.

Also they are still faster than the modified Fiero, and once again you have decided what the result will be and then ignore any evidence that you do not like.

BrianK 
Posted on 18-Oct-2012 21:19:27
#2573 ]
Elite Member

Higgs predicted over 3 years ago If the rest of the paper holds true particle physics doesn't have any more predictive particles to search for until we do some more postulating. Unfortunately this would put SuperSymmetry on the far back burner. (I'd say kill off but nothing is truly killed and stays around for reference and reflection.)

BrianK 
Posted on 19-Oct-2012 15:11:28
#2574 ]
Elite Member

A good summary on what I've been stating in reference to Open-Mindedness

@Lou
Another good item to watch is how to understand what the Burden of Proof is.

Last edited by BrianK on 19-Oct-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Last edited by BrianK on 19-Oct-2012 at 03:11 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 19-Oct-2012 15:24:21
#2575 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
This is not a car:
I totally agree that it is not a production car, and neither is it street legal but it is faster than the DC Plasma, as were the other examples that I cited in post #2558. Like the DC Plasma the cars I linked to are concept vehicles, but unlike the modified Fiero they are intended as preproduction prototypes. I cannot see a successful business future for John Metric selling modified second hand cars.

Also they are still faster than the modified Fiero, and once again you have decided what the result will be and then ignore any evidence that you do not like.

Clearly you are not the brightest bulb on the christmas tree.
Your failed attempt at playing with criteria isn't fooling anyone.
There is no "business plan" with the DC Plasma. Most Fiero owners customize the car to their personal desire, that is all. The beauty of the Fiero platform is that, the options are limitless:
4x4? check
Back seat? check
Dragster? check
Lambo? check
Diablo? check
Ferrari 308? check
Ferrari 355 conv? check
GT40? check
Porsche Carrera GT? check
Just bring your imagination...

...and you can stick a trailer hitch to it and tow something.

You'd serve yourself better avoiding the Fiero topic.

Last edited by Lou on 19-Oct-2012 at 03:29 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 19-Oct-2012 15:25:47
#2576 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
A good summary on what I've been stating in reference to Open-Mindedness

@Lou
Another good item to watch is how to understand what the Burden of Proof is.

Burden of proof is a two-way street. You act like it's a one-way street.
And openmindedness is my mantra, the same cannot be said for physics noobs...

BrianK 
Posted on 19-Oct-2012 15:52:04
#2577 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Many times you've requested we provide the proof for you. And BTW I did provide proof and instructions on how to get more. It was you that stated you wouldn't bother with reading it.

Quote:
And openmindedness is my mantra, the same cannot be said for physics noobs
I think you need to rewatch the Open-Mindedness video. Pay attention to the approach of the 'Supernatural' claiments. To help you out recreate the same lines replacing 'Supernatural' with UFO.

Lou 
Posted on 19-Oct-2012 15:58:17
#2578 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
Higgs predicted over 3 years ago If the rest of the paper holds true particle physics doesn't have any more predictive particles to search for until we do some more postulating. Unfortunately this would put SuperSymmetry on the far back burner. (I'd say kill off but nothing is truly killed and stays around for reference and reflection.)

Slightly OT to your post but on topic in general...
I followed your link and then also followed a link withing that. Here's what I found (do note the strenght column ):

Amusing how they are brushing the 119GeV readings under the rug for now...
I think this sums it up about the higgs circus act:
http://cosmologyscience.com/cosblog/did-cern-find-a-higgs-well-not-quite-but-they-probably-found-a-new-particle-and-extended-their-funding-for-years/#more-4467

I continue to be amused at how anything that potentially solidifies your pre-existing beliefs, your accept without question and that anything that contradicts them you refute and demand "evidence", when it's obvious you don't make the same demands of your beliefs. Once you learn to question your own beliefs/biases then you may actually learn something. It is from questioning my beliefs that allowed my mind to open. After all, I was raised a devout catholic and now I'm a devout atheist. Fear keeps you in line. I have no such fears.

Last edited by Lou on 19-Oct-2012 at 04:01 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 19-Oct-2012 16:03:32
#2579 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
Many times you've requested we provide the proof for you. And BTW I did provide proof and instructions on how to get more. It was you that stated you wouldn't bother with reading it.

Quote:
And openmindedness is my mantra, the same cannot be said for physics noobs
I think you need to rewatch the Open-Mindedness video. Pay attention to the approach of the 'Supernatural' claiments. To help you out recreate the same lines replacing 'Supernatural' with UFO.

BrianK, you are Mr. Supernatural here, not me.
You have a warped vision. You can't even see how you are.
I am not the one claiming more evidence of "fairies" and "dragons", you are. Everything I have stated has a physical source. You are the one who believes in the "magic" of gravity ... and the miscalculations of nimrods...

Last edited by Lou on 19-Oct-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Last edited by Lou on 19-Oct-2012 at 04:04 PM.

BrianK 
Posted on 19-Oct-2012 17:21:01
#2580 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Amusing how they are brushing the 119GeV readings under the rug for now...
I don't believe they are. LHC is supposed to focusing on the 80GeV - 135GeV range. This includes the 119GeV readings. Do you have anything saying they'll only look at 125GeV? Certainly the lower range is important for the blip around 119GeV. The higher range is important too. From what I understand if Higgs is at 125 then it fairly well establishes that SuperSymmetry and it's child, String Theory, while being mathetmatically valid are not part of our observed universe. It is fair they sample the range around the 99.994% probable existence of something at 125GeV and not only that one particular value.

Quote:
I think this sums it up about the higgs circus act
Welcome to science you're learning that repeated and variety provides better indicators. There's clearly enough evidence to continue funding research experiments to refine and solidify that what we think we saw is indeed what we think we saw.

Quote:
I continue to be amused at how anything that potentially solidifies your pre-existing beliefs, your accept without question and that anything that contradicts them you refute and demand "evidence",
Lou you should really stop lying. It doesn't help your cause.

I make no demands on EM is God that I haven't made on how 4 fundamental forces were established. All need evidence. I provided various evidence for gravity. Lou choose to not read. I also provided you guidance on how to get more evidence. Lou argued he's not going to do his own work to find evidence or read that either.

Congrats on being an atheist. I too made the journey from devote Lutheran to atheist. Cheers!

Last edited by BrianK on 19-Oct-2012 at 06:50 PM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle