Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
16 crawler(s) on-line.
 99 guest(s) on-line.
 2 member(s) on-line.

Hypex,  wakido

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Hypex:  1 min ago
 wakido:  4 mins ago
 pixie:  5 mins ago
 amigang:  12 mins ago
 Swisso:  13 mins ago
 zErec:  29 mins ago
 zipper:  38 mins ago
 Karlos:  43 mins ago
 deadwood:  46 mins ago
 clint:  49 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Nibiru, what if ? - part 2
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 Next Page )
PosterThread
BrianK 
Re: Anybody remember Nibiru?
Posted on 19-Oct-2012 17:24:52
#2581 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
I am not the one claiming more evidence of "fairies" and "dragons", you are. Everything I have stated has a physical source
The physical source for UFO is as good in quality if not worse than that for fairies and dragons. I don't actually believe in either of those. But, I did use them for illustrative purposes on how your arguements can't distinguish between the two causes. You just prefer little green men with anal probes as your special condition.

Profile     Report this post  
Nimrod 
Posted on 19-Oct-2012 17:47:11
#2582 ]

@Lou

Quote:
Your failed attempt at playing with criteria isn't fooling anyone.
There is only one person playing with criteria here and it is not me. The fact that the Pontiac Fiero can be used as a base for modification and customisation is totally irrelevant, the same applies to the original Volkswagen.
Your claim was that the Fiero, was used to form the "worlds fastest electric car" I ignored the BB range since they were not road legal and found two that were faster. This means that your statement about DC Plasma was wrong as were the other statements of yours that I pointed up on post #2551. Your response as usual is an ad hominem and an attempt to claim that the fastest car in Florida is the fastest in the world, but we have to exclude those that are faster. Or do you believe that the world does not exist outside of USA?

Quote:
After all, I was raised a devout catholic and now I'm a devout atheist.
Actually from reading your posts on this site I would say that you have simply transferred your alliegiance from deity to conspiracy theorist, and angels to aliens. Until you lose your affection for clinging to preconceptions and ignoring any evidence that does not support your fantasy you will remain a religious believer.

I do not 'believe' in gravity, I merely accept the current calculations as the best current working model. When somebody comes up with a better working model I will use that one instead, but as yet the outpourings of Brandenburg, Haramein, Shah, and all of the other fools, including Sitchin, that you have dredged up in your random searches are pure, unadulterated CRAP.

Lou 
Posted on 19-Oct-2012 21:46:26
#2583 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
I am not the one claiming more evidence of "fairies" and "dragons", you are. Everything I have stated has a physical source
The physical source for UFO is as good in quality if not worse than that for fairies and dragons. I don't actually believe in either of those. But, I did use them for illustrative purposes on how your arguements can't distinguish between the two causes. You just prefer little green men with anal probes as your special condition.

See, there you go fantasizing about 'green men'.
You continue to warp reality. Reality is they are little grey men, sometimes, and sometimes very human-like, and sometimes other types.
I accept thar anal probes can happen. I expect my doctor will give me one to check for prostate cancer someday...you should learn to deal with that too.

In the hypocrasy of your kind: you accept gravity without ever seeing a single graviton.

Lou 
Posted on 19-Oct-2012 21:59:48
#2584 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
Your failed attempt at playing with criteria isn't fooling anyone.
There is only one person playing with criteria here and it is not me. The fact that the Pontiac Fiero can be used as a base for modification and customisation is totally irrelevant, the same applies to the original Volkswagen.
Your claim was that the Fiero, was used to form the "worlds fastest electric car" I ignored the BB range since they were not road legal and found two that were faster. This means that your statement about DC Plasma was wrong as were the other statements of yours that I pointed up on post #2551. Your response as usual is an ad hominem and an attempt to claim that the fastest car in Florida is the fastest in the world, but we have to exclude those that are faster. Or do you believe that the world does not exist outside of USA?

Quote:
After all, I was raised a devout catholic and now I'm a devout atheist.
Actually from reading your posts on this site I would say that you have simply transferred your alliegiance from deity to conspiracy theorist, and angels to aliens. Until you lose your affection for clinging to preconceptions and ignoring any evidence that does not support your fantasy you will remain a religious believer.

I do not 'believe' in gravity, I merely accept the current calculations as the best current working model. When somebody comes up with a better working model I will use that one instead, but as yet the outpourings of Brandenburg, Haramein, Shah, and all of the other fools, including Sitchin, that you have dredged up in your random searches are pure, unadulterated CRAP.

you post #2551 is crap trying to explain mistakes you made...nobody cares

By using the term "car", I specifically meant something a normal person can buy and drive. The PERSON who customized his Fiero didn't use any EXPERIMENTAL components. He used off-the-shelf parts that can also be used in any other "car".
I can nail some wood into a make-shift frame weighing a few hundred pounds and attach a motor too it and go 300mph ... I might die in doing so but it is possible. The advantage of using a "car" is that a level of safety is already built-in to the frame.

You have not showed me any "car" that you or I can buy and modify to go faster than the DC Plasme. Heck, given the DC Plasma, I would probably get rid of the 2-speed transmission and put in a 3-speed and get to 155+ mph much sooner than the 1 mile point. It's all about what your target is.

My beliefs are not a religion. You should learn the difference.

Nimrod 
Posted on 20-Oct-2012 0:41:36
#2585 ]

@Lou

Quote:
You have not showed me any "car" that you or I can buy and modify to go faster than the DC Plasme
I have linked to the Eliica which is not some dangerous experimental lashup only driven by a kamikaze pilot. The drivers of this particular vehicle include the Mayor of Tokyo, the Prime minister of Japan, and the Crown Prince of Japan. And it could still go faster than the DC Plasma. As for the Rimac, while it is not yet in production, and is downright ugly, the Eastern Europeans have a habit of producing inexpensive machinery. As a result, I anticipate there being more affordable Rimac electric cars than electric Fieros. And both of these cars that I linked to are faster than the heavily modified Fiero.

Quote:
Heck, given the DC Plasma, I would probably get rid of the 2-speed transmission and put in a 3-speed and get to 155+ mph much sooner than the 1 mile point. It's all about what your target is.
If you now wish to accept speculation as fact then we must also accept the speculation about the 200 mph claim for the potential of the Nemesis I do not accept either speculative statement because they are unsupported by evidence

The fact is that you have made claims that are demonstrably false. When I have been in error I have admitted it. What is there that prevents you from growing a pair, and just admitting that you were not aware of all of the facts.

Quote:
My beliefs are not a religion.
Belief gets in the way of learning. When you have a belief, it closes a portion of your mind from accepting facts that contradict that belief. Until you have learned this one simple fact, you will never learn anything else.

BrianK 
Posted on 20-Oct-2012 0:57:13
#2586 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
In the hypocrasy of your kind: you accept gravity without ever seeing a single graviton.
Ad hominem and strawman dance party from you again. While I realize gravitons have not been observed I also stated gravitons may not be a mandatory component of gravity. Like everything else they need to be evidence. Previously, I provided you other postulates on how gravity might work that doesn't involve the graviton. And I noted we do need evidence. Similiarly, Science concludes that evolution is real and working in our world. However, we clearly don't have every single iota of how it works concluded.

" abscence of proof is not proof of abscence." William Cowper.

Last edited by BrianK on 20-Oct-2012 at 01:05 AM.
Last edited by BrianK on 20-Oct-2012 at 12:58 AM.

BrianK 
Posted on 20-Oct-2012 19:01:22
#2587 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Reality is they are little grey men, sometimes, and sometimes very human-like, and sometimes other types.
I could explain this again but Neil Tyson does a far better and more amusing explaining this Argument from Ignorance

Lou 
Posted on 22-Oct-2012 18:06:29
#2588 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
Ad hominem and strawman dance party from you again. While I realize gravitons have not been observed I also stated gravitons may not be a mandatory component of gravity. Like everything else they need to be evidence. Previously, I provided you other postulates on how gravity might work that doesn't involve the graviton. And I noted we do need evidence. Similiarly, Science concludes that evolution is real and working in our world. However, we clearly don't have every single iota of how it works concluded.

" abscence of proof is not proof of abscence." William Cowper.

Quoted for truth!

BrianK, the hipocrit accepts evidence without facts.
Got it!

Lou 
Posted on 22-Oct-2012 18:10:51
#2589 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
You have not showed me any "car" that you or I can buy and modify to go faster than the DC Plasme
I have linked to the Eliica which is not some dangerous experimental lashup only driven by a kamikaze pilot. The drivers of this particular vehicle include the Mayor of Tokyo, the Prime minister of Japan, and the Crown Prince of Japan. And it could still go faster than the DC Plasma. As for the Rimac, while it is not yet in production, and is downright ugly, the Eastern Europeans have a habit of producing inexpensive machinery. As a result, I anticipate there being more affordable Rimac electric cars than electric Fieros. And both of these cars that I linked to are faster than the heavily modified Fiero.

Reading disorder confirmed.
The Eliica was built by a university. The Rimac again another non-production prototype.

Quote:

Quote:
Heck, given the DC Plasma, I would probably get rid of the 2-speed transmission and put in a 3-speed and get to 155+ mph much sooner than the 1 mile point. It's all about what your target is.
If you now wish to accept speculation as fact then we must also accept the speculation about the 200 mph claim for the potential of the Nemesis I do not accept either speculative statement because they are unsupported by evidence

Further reading comprehension failure! 155>148 ... but that confirms another mathematical failure of yours as well.
"A battery-powered car designed to "smash the boring, Noddy stereotype of the green car" broke the UK electric land speed record on Thursday."
If you actually followed your link to the original article, you'd see what a fool you are.

Quote:
The fact is that you have made claims that are demonstrably false. When I have been in error I have admitted it. What is there that prevents you from growing a pair, and just admitting that you were not aware of all of the facts.

The fact is you are on crack. You can't do math and you fail at interpretting what you read correctly.

Quote:
Quote:
My beliefs are not a religion.
Belief gets in the way of learning. When you have a belief, it closes a portion of your mind from accepting facts that contradict that belief. Until you have learned this one simple fact, you will never learn anything else.

The facts are, no matter your beliefs you have demonstrate that you live up to your username.

Last edited by Lou on 22-Oct-2012 at 06:14 PM.

BrianK 
Posted on 22-Oct-2012 20:56:31
#2590 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Lou nice posturing. But, let'd do this simply -- I never accepted gravitons are real so your postings are nothing more than a lie. And you may quote that for truth.

Nimrod 
Posted on 22-Oct-2012 21:51:23
#2591 ]

@Lou

Quote:
Reading disorder confirmed. The Eliica was built by a university. The Rimac again another non-production prototype.
It is totally irrelevant who built the Eliica, or the Rimac. The DC Plasma is not a production Pontiac Fiero either, but you are quite happy to pretend that there are billions of them flying around at twice the speed of light.

The DC Plasma is a project car that somebody built out of an old and useless car. The Eliica is a project car that was built to test the possibilities. The Rimac is a pre-production model that may or may not go into full production.
None of the vehicles mentioned are generally available from a dealer near here, although the Rimac has the best probability of being so Of these three vehicles, the modified Fiero is the slowest. This reduces your claim to "The Fiero is the worlds fastest electric car except for those that Lou pretends dont exist, and by the way Pontiac never built an electric Fiero"Quote:
Further reading comprehension failure! 155>148 ...
If you learn to read you will realise that I did not cite this claim, simply because the statement "I think it will do 200 mph" does not qualify as evidence. The best that can be said about this vehicle is that it is the fastest electric car in UK, just as Metric's modifeied machine is the fastest electric car in US. Neither is a worlds best.

Quote:
The fact is you are on crack. You can't do math and you fail at interpretting what you read correctly.
Lou once again shows the level of his intellectual ineptitude by throwing his toys out of the pram and screaming like a spoiled brat. The fact is that both of the examples I cited ar faster than the DC Plasma, and Both of the examples I cited are more likely to become production vehicles availabe for purchase than the DC Plasma. The DC Plasma is one mans hobby project that goes slower than the two examples I cited, and all of your tantrums will not alter that simple fact

Lou 
Posted on 23-Oct-2012 14:00:11
#2592 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
Lou nice posturing. But, let'd do this simply -- I never accepted gravitons are real so your postings are nothing more than a lie. And you may quote that for truth.

Nope, you clearly demonstrate you will believe what the mainstream tells you is true and no more, no less, no matter the facts. Do you believe in anything that deviates from the norm? Suprise me.

Lou 
Posted on 23-Oct-2012 14:02:46
#2593 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
Reading disorder confirmed. The Eliica was built by a university. The Rimac again another non-production prototype.
It is totally irrelevant who built the Eliica, or the Rimac. The DC Plasma is not a production Pontiac Fiero either, but you are quite happy to pretend that there are billions of them flying around at twice the speed of light.

The DC Plasma is a project car that somebody built out of an old and useless car. The Eliica is a project car that was built to test the possibilities. The Rimac is a pre-production model that may or may not go into full production.
None of the vehicles mentioned are generally available from a dealer near here, although the Rimac has the best probability of being so Of these three vehicles, the modified Fiero is the slowest. This reduces your claim to "The Fiero is the worlds fastest electric car except for those that Lou pretends dont exist, and by the way Pontiac never built an electric Fiero"Quote:
Further reading comprehension failure! 155>148 ...
If you learn to read you will realise that I did not cite this claim, simply because the statement "I think it will do 200 mph" does not qualify as evidence. The best that can be said about this vehicle is that it is the fastest electric car in UK, just as Metric's modifeied machine is the fastest electric car in US. Neither is a worlds best.

Quote:
Lou once again shows the level of his intellectual ineptitude by throwing his toys out of the pram and screaming like a spoiled brat. The fact is that both of the examples I cited ar faster than the DC Plasma, and Both of the examples I cited are more likely to become production vehicles availabe for purchase than the DC Plasma. The DC Plasma is one mans hobby project that goes slower than the two examples I cited, and all of your tantrums will not alter that simple fact

Yes, my point is, the DC Plasma, being a hobbyist project, is in the realm of the possible by anyone and despite limited budget and off the shelf components, it is at the top of its class.

And yes, you again fail at comprehension and math. You should retire from engineering for good and from this thread as it is only continuing to show your failings.

BrianK 
Posted on 23-Oct-2012 14:32:55
#2594 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Nope, you clearly demonstrate you will believe what the mainstream tells you is true and no more, no less, no matter the facts.
At present the facts reside on the side that Gravity is 1 of the Four Fundamental forces. We clearly are not evidenced to the State where science says there's only Three Fundamental Forces. It's an important distinction that's lost on you by your acceptance of unproven postulates.

Quote:
Do you believe in anything that deviates from the norm? Suprise me.
Belief is fairly worthless. It in no way establishes validity. Belief is the acceptance of an unproven postulate. I do my best to evidence what I accept. At the same time realize in the future better evidence will happen and I may have to change my view. Which is why I've asked you repeatedly for evidence. And also why I fail to accept your view when you return with unproven postulates, which aren't evidence.

I assume by 'norm' you mean that thought which the majority in society assume to be true. In that sense I go against the 'norm' all the time. The majority believe in a Christian God. I reviewed the evidence and find the evidence lacking. So I go against the norm. Similar with Global Warming the evidence supports it even if the American public were late comers and only around 2010-2012 (depends on poll) most people didn't 'believe' in Global Warming. Again the majority of people (about 60%) believe in Wholistic Medicine. When polled they say their medical plans should cover Homeopathy (for example). Again I go against this because again the evidence that homeopathy works is weak to non-existent. Afterall if 'Alternative Medicine' worked it'd be called Medicine.

Maybe you're getting at this. I do have beliefs as I, like most people, form an opinion based upon various non-factual sources. However, unlike most I try to find the group of evidences on both sides of the topic and have changed my opinion because of those. A big part of me giving up religion was accepting that evidenced based system is the best way to give us the truist understanding. It's something belief cannot and will not ever do. If you have a belief and you're right it's simply a matter of luck.

Last edited by BrianK on 23-Oct-2012 at 02:33 PM.

BrianK 
Posted on 23-Oct-2012 18:03:09
#2595 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

We know how you're against college educated scientists. I thought you may want to check this guy out Stanford R. Ovshinsky . He died here in Oct. He was a self taught engineer who never went to college. To his credit he had over 400 patents. As important as that sounds he actually had engineering that worked and we're using today.

This sort of guy is noteably different from Haramein and others you've cited. Who have some good ideas. The guys you love have failed to demonstrate their ideas work let alone make a usable product with them. This even goes back to the UK Hacker that recorded in 2002/2003 that anti-gravity products would exist by 2009/2010 and they aren't here either. Why? Because Ovshinsky evidenced his ideas. Then did one better by bringing them into a useable application.

olegil 
Posted on 23-Oct-2012 20:08:49
#2596 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

DC Plasma is a car because it's a hobbyist project while the Rimac Concept One is not a car because it's a pre-production prototype?

I'm not trying to piss on John Metric's conversion, but you really need to stop equating one 600kW electric conversion with the original production car.

And yes, having an inexpensive mid-mount engine chassis to do all sorts of conversions on is very neat, but with electric motors even my '97 S210 wagon could be converted to a mid-mount chassis. I would replace the whole drivetrain with the same type of setup used in the Rimac Concept One. Petrol tank, diff, driving axle, transmission and engine goes out, a pair of electric motors with indepentent gear boxes goes in. Controller, BMS and batteries go in the exhaust/transmission/axle channel. More space for batteries can be found in the engine compartment. No weight whatsoever would be found in front of the front wheels, only the boot is found behind the rear wheels.

Not saying an S210 would make a good performance EV, though

Using "voltage" instead of "potential", which leads to inventing new words like "amperage" instead of "current" (I, measured in A) or possible "charge" (amperehours, Ah or Coulomb, C). Sometimes I don't even know what people mean.

Niolator 
Posted on 24-Oct-2012 3:03:19
#2597 ]

@thread

Sorry for interupting your discussion but I found something on negative gravity in a book by Brian Greene . It is obviously accepted among scientists that such thing exist and could be reproduced in vehicles. It resembles negative pressure. Speeder a'la Star Wars here I come!

edit: added authors name.

Last edited by Niolator on 24-Oct-2012 at 05:44 AM.
Last edited by Niolator on 24-Oct-2012 at 03:04 AM.

olegil 
Posted on 24-Oct-2012 8:15:44
#2598 ]
Elite Member

@Niolator

That would be superstring theory or M-theory, then. The problem with that is that while the math is internally consistent, it doesn't make any verifiable postulates. So as a theory I would say it fails (for now), as a postulate it's spot on.

Using "voltage" instead of "potential", which leads to inventing new words like "amperage" instead of "current" (I, measured in A) or possible "charge" (amperehours, Ah or Coulomb, C). Sometimes I don't even know what people mean.

BrianK 
Posted on 24-Oct-2012 12:21:47
#2599 ]
Elite Member

@Niolator

Negative Gravity was first purposed by Einstein. When the universe was thought to be a steady state it was a 'Cosmological Constant' used to align the observed universe and Einstein's equations. Once we observed the universe isn't in a steady state it was dropped out. Yet, what remained in Einstein's equations still worked. (Meaning between Newton and Einstein that Einstein was more right.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_gravity

Today M-Theory (as Olgeil stated) and some others carry the postulate that such an event as negative graity exists. It can't under Newton's Theories. It could under Einstein's theory assuming negative mass exists. We've, obviously, not found such a thing as negative mass that exists in our universe.

Niolator 
Posted on 24-Oct-2012 14:47:44
#2600 ]

@BrianK & olegil

Negative gravity has got nothing to do with the cosmological constant or M-theory. Those theories have their own way of explaining a similar phenomenon which has almost the same effect. The theory involved in negative gravity involves fields.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle