Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
18 crawler(s) on-line.
 113 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 OlafS25:  24 mins ago
 edwardsjethro:  45 mins ago
 joeyunderwood:  46 mins ago
 Sikharubel:  49 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  1 hr 11 mins ago
 MagicSN:  1 hr 39 mins ago
 Gunnar:  1 hr 46 mins ago
 pixie:  1 hr 58 mins ago
 kolla:  2 hrs 18 mins ago
 retrofaza:  2 hrs 20 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Nibiru, what if ? - part 2
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lou 
Re: Anybody remember Nibiru?
Posted on 25-Oct-2012 17:31:24
#2621 ]
Elite Member

More on 'anti-gravity':
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Townsend_Brown

This is the basis for charging the wings of the stealth fighters/bombers and on some rockets you see a separate "cone" on the top of it that gets charged.

Here's a paper from another scientist: http://www.space-mixing-theory.com/article2.pdf
"A few additional experiments were performed with a mechanical scale to see if the digital
scale was being directly affected by the presence of high voltage. The digital and mechanical
scales gave similar results. Further experiments were performed on a suspended equal arm
balance with a horizontal non-conductive beam, which placed the apparatus in a “conductivefree”
area. This scales led to similar results as the other two scales indicating the high voltage
present for the experiments did not interfere with any of the measuring apparatus. All three
scales indicated an upward capaciforce."

Now this isn't "anit-gravity" per say, but it is gravity modification...which is the basis for defying the effect. When you understand that 'gravity' is based on pressure differences and where that pressure comes from, then you realize that you can create imbalances like this.

Profile     Report this post  
BrianK 
Posted on 25-Oct-2012 18:11:03
#2622 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
As more and more science fiction becomes science fact...
Which is awesome, of course. I'd just add our imagination is more creative and flexible than reality. The existence of an idea doesn't mean it's possible. Reality and the universe has its own rules it imposes on us. And the Universe cares not about our opinion of its rules.

Nimrod 
Posted on 25-Oct-2012 18:33:43
#2623 ]

@Lou

Quote:
Reading comprehension fails you again, I see. A university has [essentially] an unlimited budget. No need to throw ethnicity into the mix. Actually, almost 400,000 Fieros were made. That's just a hair past 88, I guess...or actually it seems you failed in math again.
Thfact that you cannot afford a Bugatti Veyron does not mean that it is not a car. The point in question is fast electric cars, and to the best of my information, the Fiero manufactured and sold by General Motors was powered by an internal combustion engine. Internal combustion does not qualify as electric so you can only count the one modified by Metric.

Quote:
Apparently you forget that the earth does wobble. You forget alot of things actually but I supposed that's old age
The wobble that I was refwerring to was the wobble of the magnetic field that does not align with the axis of rotation. If EM had any connection with the orbit, or rotation of planets the magnetic fields would be aligned with the magnetic field of the sun and the axis of rotation of the planets would be aligned with the magnetic fields. also any object lacking a magnetic field would travel in a straight line.

Quote:
You haven't read Brandenburg's book, so you have no basis for touching your fingers to the keyboard
The claims that I have read on this subject that Brandenburg has released, require an EM field energy level that simply does not exist. I can access and read scientific publications at the library in Cambridge, and I am not the only person with access to scientific publications, so I see no reason to waste good money buying second rate science fiction.

Niolator 
Posted on 26-Oct-2012 8:56:08
#2624 ]

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Niolator

I've read a few of Greene's books. Going by my memory his use of negative gravity was in a discussion involving String Theory. M-Theory is a superset of various combined String Theories. But, if you have the book and section you're referring to I'd be glad to review. Though to date I know of no evidence firmly confirming a negative gravity condition within our universe. It may not exist or it may simply be unobserved at present.

Thanks

The theory of negative gravity predates the M-theory by decades. If you know of negative preasure it is a good analogy. I will find the text in the book and do some quoting tonight.

edit:spelling

Last edited by Niolator on 26-Oct-2012 at 08:57 AM.

Lou 
Posted on 26-Oct-2012 22:51:54
#2625 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
Reading comprehension fails you again, I see. A university has [essentially] an unlimited budget. No need to throw ethnicity into the mix. Actually, almost 400,000 Fieros were made. That's just a hair past 88, I guess...or actually it seems you failed in math again.
Thfact that you cannot afford a Bugatti Veyron does not mean that it is not a car. The point in question is fast electric cars, and to the best of my information, the Fiero manufactured and sold by General Motors was powered by an internal combustion engine. Internal combustion does not qualify as electric so you can only count the one modified by Metric.

No, the Fiero didn't come from the factory with an electric motor, however, the GM EV-1 uses an aluminum version of the Fiero frame and was the first mass-produced electric car (to my knowledge). You can also look online and see that John Metrics' car is not the only electric Fiero on the planet, in fact many people have made electric conversions with the Fiero (and other cars). What makes the DC Plasma special is that it is both the fastest in a straight line and he also competes in slalom courses.
To say electric-conversion vehicles are "disqualified" from the "world's fastest" category eliminates 99.9% of all electric vehicles since even "production" vehicles are most of the time simply converted from their combustion-designed roots at the factory.

If a purpose-built electric-powered car is finally built that can outperform it, kudos to the builder and it's large budget. As it currently stands, the DC Plasma is the world's fastest electric-powered CAR ... like all records, they are meant to be broken.

Quote:

Quote:
Apparently you forget that the earth does wobble. You forget alot of things actually but I supposed that's old age
The wobble that I was refwerring to was the wobble of the magnetic field that does not align with the axis of rotation. If EM had any connection with the orbit, or rotation of planets the magnetic fields would be aligned with the magnetic field of the sun and the axis of rotation of the planets would be aligned with the magnetic fields. also any object lacking a magnetic field would travel in a straight line.

You have a limited view of magnetic fields. Re-watch the video on quatum levitation and show me where the super-conductor was forced to re-align with the magnetic field? Perhaps the correct thing to say is you have no understanding of quantum physics, nor super conductors...

Quote:

Quote:
You haven't read Brandenburg's book, so you have no basis for touching your fingers to the keyboard
The claims that I have read on this subject that Brandenburg has released, require an EM field energy level that simply does not exist. I can access and read scientific publications at the library in Cambridge, and I am not the only person with access to scientific publications, so I see no reason to waste good money buying second rate science fiction.

See above. You don't believe in vacuum energy, your knowledge of physics hasn't progressed past college textbooks from the 70's. Your OPINION is based on out-of-date physics.

Last edited by Lou on 26-Oct-2012 at 10:54 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 26-Oct-2012 23:11:48
#2626 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
As more and more science fiction becomes science fact...
Which is awesome, of course. I'd just add our imagination is more creative and flexible than reality. The existence of an idea doesn't mean it's possible. Reality and the universe has its own rules it imposes on us. And the Universe cares not about our opinion of its rules.

Most things are considered impossible up until the point at which they are accoplished. This is what irks me about you and so and so's 'opinions'. The impossible has a funny way of becoming possible.

Every time I post about science-fiction becoming science-FACT, it is a direct jib and you and mr. appropriate username's views on the so-called "science fiction" that I keep trying to tell you is actually current science.

The military has had the atomic bomb since the early 40's...well, how to make one was only de-classified within the last couple of years. Before it was just speculation. That's 70 years of hidden technology. What else do they know?

I'm going to let you in on something I probably shouldn't. A family member has just finished overseeing the design and construction of the FBI building in a major city. To finish an interior section he has to go thru a full-body scanner on a daily basis. He told me once you are past that area that it was like 'Star Wars' in there. He of course can't elaborate but he is referring to technology.

Niolator 
Posted on 27-Oct-2012 11:01:54
#2627 ]

@BrianK:

Alan Guth has refined the theory and used the analogy with uniform negative pressure when describing it. With a uniform negative pressure thing get dragged in when spaces that were not filled with the pressure opens up. The theory involves fields instead of pressure. This might not be the best explanation for it but I am sure you will find more information if you need it. I would begin with negative pressure.

Last edited by Niolator on 27-Oct-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Last edited by Niolator on 27-Oct-2012 at 11:02 AM.

Nimrod 
Posted on 27-Oct-2012 16:36:42
#2628 ]

@Lou

Quote:
No, the Fiero didn't come from the factory with an electric motor, however, the GM EV-1 uses an aluminum version of the Fiero frame and was the first mass-produced electric car (to my knowledge)
I am going to give you the point, that the GM EV-1 was the first mass produced all electric car, but it would have been nice if GM had not stored the entire production run in a crusher,although having seen pictures of them, I can sort of understand why. They should have styled the back ent to look a bit more like the Fiero , and less like an afterthought. Sadly that means that the first mass produced all electric car available for sale was probably the Nissan Leaf.

Quote:
If a purpose-built electric-powered car is finally built that can outperform it, kudos to the builder and it's large budget. As it currently stands, the DC Plasma is the world's fastest electric-powered CAR ... like all records, they are meant to be broken.
The Fiero based DC Plasma is the worlds fastest electric powered car,except for the two that are faster pretending that they do neot exist does not alter the facts of the matter.

Quote:
You don't believe in vacuum energy,
As I keep telling you, but you keep forgetting. belief is irrelevant Instead of refusing to believe in the existence of vacuum energy, I have quopted its measured level The figure of 0.6 J/kM3 is one that you choose to ignore in the same idiotic manner that you try to pretend that Rimac and Eliica also do not exist. Once again you prefer to live the fantasy rather than deal with the world as it is. My knowledge of physics has absolutely nothing to do with opinion, but with accurate measurement, clear understanding of the basic principles, and a realisation that in the real world mathematical sleight of hand invariably fails. 1+1 does not equal 11

Your comments about science fiction becoming science fact I can readily accept when I see the changes that have occurred since I left school. However I am also aware that some science fiction has not been converted into fact. We are unlikely to be invaded by martians and need to be saved by the common cold. Nor are we likely to be able to destroy a plane with a handful of bombs. You may be surprised to learn that in 1950's sci-fi, people were using faster than light spacecraft, but running calculations using slide rules, and computers were programmed using punch cards. In many respects we are moving beyond science fiction, but we do not achieve this by ignoring the basic rules, or evidence. Science fiction may give inspiration, but the only way to make scientific progress is to stick to the facts.

Edit: added comment on EV-1 to beginning.

Last edited by Nimrod on 28-Oct-2012 at 01:25 PM.

BrianK 
Posted on 27-Oct-2012 20:17:48
#2629 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Most things are considered impossible up until the point at which they are accoplished. This is what irks me about you and so and so's 'opinions'
You appear to understand neither my opinion (and I assume Nimrod from his writings) nor science. Science welcomes all possibilities and judges them on the same requirements. All ideas to be accepted must be tested with evidence. And always retested again and again.

Quote:
Every time I post about science-fiction becoming science-FACT, it is a direct jib
No it's not. Again you believe it to be a jib and that comes from your lack of understanding of our opinions and of how science works.

Quote:
The military has had the atomic bomb since the early 40's...well, how to make one was only de-classified within the last couple of years. Before it was just speculation. That's 70 years of hidden technology. What else do they know?
How the USA Engineering the atomic bomb may have been classified. However, the existing of the atomic bomb was not after Aug 1945. Since that time others have used the evidence -atomic bombs are possible - to engineer their own atomic weapons. So no the atomic bomb itself was not hidden but available for the world to see.

In fact there's an interesting story around that. After the first bomb drop Japan didn't believe we had any others. They thought it was too complicated to make an armada. After the second bomb drop Japan assumed we had LOTS of others waiting for them. So what as hidden was the count of bombs. Not that such a device existed.

TLDR? Your statement is a lie.

Quote:
To finish an interior section he has to go thru a full-body scanner on a daily basis. He told me once you are past that area that it was like 'Star Wars' in there
No clue what that means. Star Wars (Episode IV New Hope) was fairly lowly tech. Sure there were light sabers. But, they still used intercomms to communicate and electronics to open doors. All available for well over 40 years. Sure ships flew around but that was nothing that many other SciFi stories had before. And I somehow doubt they are flying Tie Fighters inside the building so we can't see them.

olegil 
Posted on 29-Oct-2012 10:29:11
#2630 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Peugeot 106 Electrique was put in production one year before the EV-1 (with the Citroen Saxo Electrique following same year as EV-1), but I'll grant you the "designed from the ground up as electric vehicle" condition

Unless you actually include any of the multitude of cars produced before that, obviously.

One example:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbia_Automobile_Company#Electric_models

But I guess things built before the assembly line was "invented" at Ford aren't counted as mass-produced or what?

Using "voltage" instead of "potential", which leads to inventing new words like "amperage" instead of "current" (I, measured in A) or possible "charge" (amperehours, Ah or Coulomb, C). Sometimes I don't even know what people mean.

BrianK 
Posted on 29-Oct-2012 14:54:20
#2631 ]
Elite Member

@Niolator

Quote:
Alan Guth has refined the theory and used the analogy with uniform negative pressure when describing it. With a uniform negative pressure thing get dragged in when spaces that were not filled with the pressure opens up. The theory involves fields instead of pressure. This might not be the best explanation for it but I am sure you will find more information if you need it. I would begin with negative pressure.

I'm familar with Guth's work on the 'Big Bang'. Really it's the Inflation Theory of the Universe. Guth had a Grand Unified Theory (GUT) which combines EM+Weak+Strong into a single force. At around the same time the construct of the universe may have been so high in energy that gravity may have been repulsive. Along the same time the universe would have been filling a void. That void wouldn't be pressurized yet so would have a negative pressure. With these two things, he proposes, the universe may have expanded faster than the speed of light but without actually breaking the speed of light. It's certainly an interesting idea.

But do note his use of negative gravity is under a set of limited conditions and short time of very high energy during the expansion of the universe. He also contends those items are gone because of the 'Supercooling' of the universe. The lower energy state of the universe broke the GUT into their 3 seperate forces. Likewise it also discarded negative gravity.

If he's right we could test by finding another universe or recreating such superhigh energy states. LHC used 8Trillion Electron Volts. And I don't believe they saw this. Not sure how much more energy we'd need. The reason I say this is if Guth is right negative gravity doesn't exist and the cost/energy to make it would be interesting for scholary and scientific purposes. But, it'd be too expensive to gift us the anti-gravity devices which (for example) Lou's sources claimed we'd have 3 years ago.

Lou 
Posted on 29-Oct-2012 15:27:08
#2632 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
Most things are considered impossible up until the point at which they are accoplished. This is what irks me about you and so and so's 'opinions'
You appear to understand neither my opinion (and I assume Nimrod from his writings) nor science. Science welcomes all possibilities and judges them on the same requirements. All ideas to be accepted must be tested with evidence. And always retested again and again.

While 'science' does, you do not.

Quote:

Quote:
Every time I post about science-fiction becoming science-FACT, it is a direct jib
No it's not. Again you believe it to be a jib and that comes from your lack of understanding of our opinions and of how science works.

Yes it is, because your understanding of the current state of science is always really out of date.

Quote:

Quote:
How the USA Engineering the atomic bomb may have been classified. However, the existing of the atomic bomb was not after Aug 1945. Since that time others have used the evidence -atomic bombs are possible - to engineer their own atomic weapons. So no the atomic bomb itself was not hidden but available for the world to see.

LOL here you go proclaiming a POSSIBILITY, it wasn't possible until it actually happened, that was my point - AND IT'S ACTUAL ENGINEERING WAS KEPT SECRET, my other point.

Quote:

Quote:
To finish an interior section he has to go thru a full-body scanner on a daily basis. He told me once you are past that area that it was like 'Star Wars' in there
No clue what that means. Star Wars (Episode IV New Hope) was fairly lowly tech. Sure there were light sabers. But, they still used intercomms to communicate and electronics to open doors. All available for well over 40 years. Sure ships flew around but that was nothing that many other SciFi stories had before. And I somehow doubt they are flying Tie Fighters inside the building so we can't see them.

And since neither you or I are privy to what he saw, you just made alot of useless specualtions. Congrats to you.

BrianK 
Posted on 29-Oct-2012 15:38:40
#2633 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
While 'science' does, you do not.
Your opinion is wrong.

Quote:
it wasn't possible until it actually happened, that was my point
It was always possible. And indeed the best confirmation of reality was when the bomb was made. Yeah it's actual engineering was kept secret. Though this is different than the science being kept secret. That was basically out of the bag for sure after we vaporized a few thousand noncombant women and children.

** By always possible I am assuming the physical principles in the universe immediately prior to 1940 were the same physical prinicples in the univers after 1940. But, if you have something to demonstrate the universe itself changed please by all means front it. Somehow your explainations are sounding like our imaginations limit the laws of the universe. When in reality it's universe that limits what we can do. ***

Quote:
And since neither you or I are privy to what he saw, you just made alot of useless specualtions. Congrats to you.
Yes sir they were that's why I stated 'no clue what' means. But, if we're talking tech it's less impressive to me then if he had said like Star Trek or like BSG would be. Of course you don't know either but that's besides the point right.

Last edited by BrianK on 29-Oct-2012 at 03:42 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 29-Oct-2012 15:41:54
#2634 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
No, the Fiero didn't come from the factory with an electric motor, however, the GM EV-1 uses an aluminum version of the Fiero frame and was the first mass-produced electric car (to my knowledge)
I am going to give you the point, that the GM EV-1 was the first mass produced all electric car, but it would have been nice if GM had not stored the entire production run in a crusher,although having seen pictures of them, I can sort of understand why. They should have styled the back ent to look a bit more like the Fiero , and less like an afterthought. Sadly that means that the first mass produced all electric car available for sale was probably the Nissan Leaf.

Yea, I don't know why they were crushed...that really sucks. And the EV-1's rear end was totally bogus. GM did make 2 aluminum-framed Fieros in 1986 but they were prototypes and one was running the quad-4 engine and was faster than the Corvette so the Chevy-boys axed that design...

Quote:

Quote:
The Fiero based DC Plasma is the worlds fastest electric powered car,except for the two that are faster pretending that they do neot exist does not alter the facts of the matter.

/yawn
Good thing the DC Plasma is a work in progress...

Quote:

Quote:
You don't believe in vacuum energy,
As I keep telling you, but you keep forgetting. belief is irrelevant Instead of refusing to believe in the existence of vacuum energy, I have quopted its measured level The figure of 0.6 J/kM3 is one that you choose to ignore in the same idiotic manner that you try to pretend that Rimac and Eliica also do not exist. Once again you prefer to live the fantasy rather than deal with the world as it is. My knowledge of physics has absolutely nothing to do with opinion, but with accurate measurement, clear understanding of the basic principles, and a realisation that in the real world mathematical sleight of hand invariably fails. 1+1 does not equal 11

Those cars don't exist in the real world, just like the figure you choose for vacuum energy is not the one used by modern sciences (QED and SED).

Quote:
Your comments about science fiction becoming science fact I can readily accept when I see the changes that have occurred since I left school. However I am also aware that some science fiction has not been converted into fact. We are unlikely to be invaded by martians and need to be saved by the common cold. Nor are we likely to be able to destroy a plane with a handful of bombs. You may be surprised to learn that in 1950's sci-fi, people were using faster than light spacecraft, but running calculations using slide rules, and computers were programmed using punch cards. In many respects we are moving beyond science fiction, but we do not achieve this by ignoring the basic rules, or evidence. Science fiction may give inspiration, but the only way to make scientific progress is to stick to the facts.

Facts exist and are disregards by you. Don't claim to sticking to the facts when you filter the facts with ancient points of view.

Last edited by Lou on 29-Oct-2012 at 03:42 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 29-Oct-2012 15:52:54
#2635 ]
Elite Member

...and more sci-fi->sci-real:
http://arstechnica.com/science/2012/10/real-life-tractor-beam-developed-at-nyu/

...and done with EM...who would have thunk that playing with EM could net you 'gravity'...

BrianK 
Posted on 29-Oct-2012 16:03:34
#2636 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:

...and done with EM...who would have thunk that playing with EM could net you 'gravity'...
There's no 'net gravity' effect here. You seem to not understand scaling. If EM is X and we increase it to Z and if Z is a greater measure than gravity's Y then of course the stronger power on the system will dominate. There's EM attraction at work. It's not that EM all of sudden becomes gravity. Any forces should be usable to move an object. Simply ensure that force is the dominate player on the system. So no your thinking is flawed that this is an example of gravity. Also isn't this effect a couple of years old?

Now it's indeed interesting that we can transport micromolecules via 3D optical trapping. Now we need to see how well it scales outside the micro. We could probably transport a person we just need a way to break them down to microsized particles and reassemble them.

Last edited by BrianK on 29-Oct-2012 at 04:12 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 29-Oct-2012 16:18:56
#2637 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:

There's no 'net gravity' effect here. You seem to not understand scaling. If EM is X and we increase it to Z and if Z is a greater measure than gravity's Y then of course the stronger power on the system will dominate. There's EM attraction at work. It's not that EM all of sudden becomes gravity. Any forces should be usable to move an object. Simply ensure that force is the dominate player on the system. So no your thinking is flawed that this is an example of gravity. Also isn't this effect a couple of years old?

Now it's indeed interesting that we can transport micromolecules via 3D optical trapping. Now we need to see how well it scales outside the micro. We could probably transport a person we just need a way to break them down to microsized particles and reassemble them.

Don't forget to add "according to your limited view of gravity" at the end of that.

If one was more acclamated to what 'gravity' is, you'd see that these bessel beam are altering the pressure of the space between the beams and the molecules in question...which is what gravity is: a pressure imbalance.

BrianK 
Posted on 29-Oct-2012 16:40:18
#2638 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Don't forget to add "according to your limited view of gravity" at the end of that.
To make it easy for you. When we talk about science let's agree to read in the 'based upon the best of current available evidence' because that's a fact. And you've yet to provide anything more than some creative postulates that say no.

Quote:
which is what gravity is: a pressure imbalance.
Again gravity is not pressure imbalance based upon the best of current available evidence. Gravity is the curvature of space/time due to mass. Pressure imbalance would be a mechanical imbalance. Science gave up similar verisons of gravity, LeSage Theory for example, in the 19th century. For the more modern Einsteinian version. And here you want us to learn more modern theories.

Lou 
Posted on 29-Oct-2012 16:48:42
#2639 ]
Elite Member

Re: Gravity is based on the radiation pressure of the vacuum

Cosmological constant:
In physical cosmology, the cosmological constant (usually denoted by the Greek capital letter lambda: Λ) is equivalent to an energy density in otherwise empty space. It was originally proposed by Albert Einstein as a modification of his original theory of general relativity to achieve a stationary universe. Einstein abandoned the concept after the observation of the Hubble redshift indicated that the universe might not be stationary, as he had based his theory on the idea that the universe is unchanging.[1] However, a number of observations including the discovery of cosmic acceleration in 1998 have revived the cosmological constant, and the current standard model of cosmology includes this term.

A positive vacuum energy density resulting from a cosmological constant implies a negative pressure, and vice versa. If the energy density is positive, the associated negative pressure will drive an accelerated expansion of the universe, as observed. (See dark energy and cosmic inflation for details.)

Einstein included the cosmological constant as a term in his field equations for general relativity because he was dissatisfied that otherwise his equations did not allow, apparently, for a static universe: gravity would cause a universe which was initially at dynamic equilibrium to contract. To counteract this possibility, Einstein added the cosmological constant. However, soon after Einstein developed his static theory, observations by Edwin Hubble indicated that the universe appears to be expanding; this was consistent with a cosmological solution to the original general-relativity equations that had been found by the mathematician Friedmann. Einstein later referred to his failure to predict the expansion of the universe from theory, before it was proven by observation of the cosmological red shift, as the "biggest blunder" of his life.

/wiki

So as you can see, even Einstein said gravity is based on the radiation pressure of the vacuum. He also admitting to it being a constant as his biggest blunder.

Now comes John Brandenburg who calculates the orbit of the electron to the proton without using a fixed cosmological constant.

Your perception of 'gravity' is wrong. Even as Einstein defined it, it is based on the radiation pressure of the vacuum.

Lou 
Posted on 29-Oct-2012 16:52:38
#2640 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
which is what gravity is: a pressure imbalance.
Again gravity is not pressure imbalance based upon the best of current available evidence. Gravity is the curvature of space/time due to mass. Pressure imbalance would be a mechanical imbalance. Science gave up similar verisons of gravity, LeSage Theory for example, in the 19th century. For the more modern Einsteinian version. And here you want us to learn more modern theories.

You have no idea what you are talking about and are using that picture of the earth that they show budding physics noobs to warp your view of what Einstein clearly stated it was.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle