Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
10 crawler(s) on-line.
 101 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 vox:  19 mins ago
 matthey:  1 hr 32 mins ago
 amigakit:  2 hrs ago
 Maijestro:  2 hrs 13 mins ago
 Hypex:  2 hrs 14 mins ago
 fingus:  2 hrs 36 mins ago
 dirkzwager:  2 hrs 40 mins ago
 Karlos:  2 hrs 55 mins ago
 amigagr:  3 hrs 1 min ago
 MagicSN:  3 hrs 10 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Nibiru, what if ? - part 2
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lou 
Re: US shakes and awakes?
Posted on 10-Sep-2011 1:03:09
#621 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
How does these doomsday predicitons break the ability to think logically in the brain? http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/311128 -- This should be fairly approachable for most as the author didn't get overly scientific but tried to explain this process using plain everyday language even a bit fluffy.

EDIT: Here's another article from the same source. http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/310950 that reminds us 9/15/11 is the day of the prediction. Which makes me wonder if MikeB has bowed out as he hunkered down in the nearby WWII bomb shelter early?

EDIT2: Here's a similar article. http://www.signsinthesun.com/nibiru.htm Of course this person predicts 9/26/11. Others have predicted 9/25/11. Either way the beginning of this even is neigh. Though in reality nothing is going to happen. IMO it's important to save these. The reason is we're certain to see the goal post moved as the Nibiru/Elenin believers will claim to have made some mistake somewhere that incorrectly caused them to predict Sept of 2011 as the start. I suspect they'll begin claiming they went back to their charts and now know Dec 2012 will be the real start.

They state Sitchin said 2012 but that's just false. He said about 2950.
Also this: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/311009

Hmmm...something blew it up it seems...

What's even more interesting is that I was outside at a racing event and my event was done. When nightfall came, there was a red crescent moon out. The angle that it was being illuminated at didn't seem quite right...nor did the color...

Last edited by Lou on 10-Sep-2011 at 01:46 AM.

Profile     Report this post  
BrianK 
Posted on 10-Sep-2011 3:40:46
#622 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
So you agree that Sept 2011 beginning of the end hysteria in this small subset of the population is wrong. Great!

Quote:
Hmmm...something blew it up it seems
Posted that a few threads back. It appears a solar flare struck Elenin. Though other conspirarcy sites are saying the other objects are a type of forcefeld to protect the alien craft. So if one likes conspiracies on the back of conspiracies they have it covered.

Quote:
What's even more interesting is that I was outside at a racing event and my event was done. When nightfall came, there was a red crescent moon out. The angle that it was being illuminated at didn't seem quite right...nor did the color
Just so you know due to the recent dry spell we're experiencing in Minnesota we're predicted to have one of the most vibrant colored fall leaves in the last decade. Yet another sign that the end is neigh.

Lou 
Posted on 10-Sep-2011 7:45:40
#623 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
So you agree that Sept 2011 beginning of the end hysteria in this small subset of the population is wrong. Great!

I stated this a thread ago...

Quote:

Quote:
Hmmm...something blew it up it seems
Posted that a few threads back. It appears a solar flare struck Elenin. Though other conspirarcy sites are saying the other objects are a type of forcefeld to protect the alien craft. So if one likes conspiracies on the back of conspiracies they have it covered.

From the footage it looks like the "flare" came from the opposite side from where the sun should have been... The problem with the Elenin situation is that it's not open and shut. Something happened and instead, more questions are raised.

I should clarify my racing event was on Sept 4th.

Last edited by Lou on 10-Sep-2011 at 07:47 AM.

BrianK 
Posted on 10-Sep-2011 13:40:46
#624 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
I stated this a thread ago...
What we have here isn't validation. It's simply you believe your conspiracy is more accurate. Perhaps after the Nibiruians find Sept 2011 to be nothing, then discover Dec 2012 to be nothing, they'll move onto your 29xx answer. Though I'd put money they'll first pick some date between.

Quote:
The problem with the Elenin situation is that it's not open and shut. Something happened and instead, more questions are raised.
More implies many. IMO 1 question is raised - what hit the comet. Evidence is a solar related event. But hey if you want to believe the GLC are protecting sector 2813 feel free... Just another unscientific conspiracy.

Lou 
Posted on 11-Sep-2011 16:53:27
#625 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

For verification about what Sitchin said, you can read Sitchin's 1977 book.

As for "solar event" that wave, judging from the accepted locations of Mercury, Jupiter and the sun, did not come from the sun.

I'm not sure what satellite took that video or where it was placed but if you go to Elenin.org there is a plotting tool based on JPL data. You can set the date to Aug 26 and if you play with the view, you'll see that the sun is to the left, then Mercury, Elenin and finally Jupiter and Earth are in close alignment with each other from that angle. The wave came from the Earth/Jupiter direction.

Things that make you go "hmmm..."

Last edited by Lou on 11-Sep-2011 at 05:19 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 11-Sep-2011 17:19:58
#626 ]
Elite Member

More things that make you go hmmm...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moEYqLdupIA

BrianK 
Posted on 11-Sep-2011 21:05:14
#627 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
I'm not sure what satellite took that video
Not sure why as STEREO is cited in the pictures and article. As are other locations such as 'European Very Large Telescope (VLT) in Chile'. And as for the 'video' directly it was cited where from and linked. A bit more reading and I think you should be able to follow this. Of course the question does beg that if this Comet was the the end, or the start of the end, of the world why the conspiracy crowd didn't go spend a few bucks on their own camera and telescope?

Quote:
or where it was placed but if you go to Elenin.org there is a plotting tool based on JPL data. You can set the date to Aug 26 and if you play with the view, you'll see that the sun is to the left, then Mercury, Elenin and finally Jupiter and Earth are in close alignment with each other from that angle. The wave came from the Earth/Jupiter direction.
Not sure what you are using as a point of reference for your description. Aug 26th, as seen from earth. Elenin would be to the left, the sun to the right as are the other planets including Jupiter. Date of the flare was Aug 19th. Roll it back farther. Not much changes, Mercury is closer to earth (26th it's more in line with the sun). Roll the diagram so Elenin is on the bottom of the Y axis. You'll see between Venus and Mercury is where the flare came. It appears to be from Sol.

Nimrod 
Posted on 12-Sep-2011 7:57:47
#628 ]

@Lou

Quote:

hmmm.
Perhaps aliens did it.

Lou 
Posted on 12-Sep-2011 12:29:40
#629 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

Quote:

hmmm.
Perhaps aliens did it.

Well, if that "defect" is so common,

1) why haven't I heard of it before
2) why wasn't it obvious to people in such communities to the point of no one ever having another on display before?

Also, for anything to be "born" human-like, it must have standard XY chromosomes. However, the genes in the dna testing showed a high variance in the Y chromosome which is why only the mother can be determined as human.

Nimrod 
Posted on 12-Sep-2011 13:34:46
#630 ]

@Lou

Quote:
2) why wasn't it obvious to people in such communities to the point of no one ever having another on display before?
1) I don't know.
2) I wasn't in Mexico 900(±40) years ago, so I still don't know.

Quote:
Also, for anything to be "born" human-like, it must have standard XY chromosomes. However, the genes in the dna testing showed a high variance in the Y chromosome which is why only the mother can be determined as human.
Please compare the claims made by Lloyd Pye with the information in the article that I linked to
Quote:
DNA testing in 1999 at BOLD (Bureau of Legal Dentistry), a forensic DNA lab in Vancouver, British Columbia found standard X and Y chromosomes in two samples taken from the skull, "conclusive evidence that the child was not only human (and male), but both of his parents must have been human as well, for each must have contributed one of the human sex chromosomes". Further DNA testing in 2003 at Trace Genetics, which specializes in extracting DNA from ancient samples, isolated mitochondrial DNA from both recovered skulls. The child belongs to haplogroup C. Since mitochondrial DNA is inherited exclusively from the mother, it makes it possible to trace the offspring's maternal lineage. The DNA test therefore confirmed that the child's mother was a Haplogroup C human female. However, the adult female found with the child belonged to haplogroup A. Both haplotypes are characteristic Native American haplogroups, but the different haplogroup for each skull indicates that the adult female was not the child's mother.
The important thing to realise is that the skull is 900(±40) years old and that DNA does degrade over time. Many (but not all) of the samples taken were too degraded to successfully analyse the nuclear DNA. “We couldn’t get consistent results from this particular sample” does not mean “the father must have been a Klingon”.

Lou 
Posted on 12-Sep-2011 13:53:44
#631 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
1) I don't know.
2) I wasn't in Mexico 900(±40) years ago, so I still don't know.

Quote:
Please compare the claims made by Lloyd Pye with the information in the article that I linked to
Quote:
DNA testing in 1999 at BOLD (Bureau of Legal Dentistry), a forensic DNA lab in Vancouver, British Columbia found standard X and Y chromosomes in two samples taken from the skull, "conclusive evidence that the child was not only human (and male), but both of his parents must have been human as well, for each must have contributed one of the human sex chromosomes". Further DNA testing in 2003 at Trace Genetics, which specializes in extracting DNA from ancient samples, isolated mitochondrial DNA from both recovered skulls. The child belongs to haplogroup C. Since mitochondrial DNA is inherited exclusively from the mother, it makes it possible to trace the offspring's maternal lineage. The DNA test therefore confirmed that the child's mother was a Haplogroup C human female. However, the adult female found with the child belonged to haplogroup A. Both haplotypes are characteristic Native American haplogroups, but the different haplogroup for each skull indicates that the adult female was not the child's mother.
The important thing to realise is that the skull is 900(±40) years old and that DNA does degrade over time. Many (but not all) of the samples taken were too degraded to successfully analyse the nuclear DNA. “We couldn’t get consistent results from this particular sample” does not mean “the father must have been a Klingon”.

My brother was born with a genetic defect. 6 fingers on each hand. In the Boston Museum of Science there is a casting of his hand as an infant on display. His defect was particulary rare from what I remember. My point is that if this defect/disease is common enough to have a name, similar skulls should be discovered/on display somewhere. Instead we have a picture in your link of a child that doesn't even look real.

BrianK 
Posted on 12-Sep-2011 14:44:43
#632 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod and Lou

Nimrod wrote:
Quote:

A related item to what Nimrod wrote is understanding how DNA testing works. In order for an answer to be selected one must have a match. If no match is found the answer is 'no match was found'. In the case here we have a copy of the known haplogroup which matched that same sequence in the DNA sampled. If we don't get a match in other areas the answer is not 'therefore alien'. The answer is we don't know exactly what or where that part is from. It's not ruled human nor is it ruled out human.

Don't forget there's lots of known humans that we are unlikely to have a sample of every possible combination in existence ever. And certainly to prove positive we'd require a copy of alien DNA. Along the same lines it may be useful to compare it to other things such as BigFoot, Chupacabra, trolls, pixies, fairies, and leprechauns.I'd say unicorns and Nessie but it appears bipedial so we could probably skip those.

Lou 
Posted on 12-Sep-2011 17:38:37
#633 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Nimrod and Lou

Nimrod wrote:
Quote:

A related item to what Nimrod wrote is understanding how DNA testing works. In order for an answer to be selected one must have a match. If no match is found the answer is 'no match was found'. In the case here we have a copy of the known haplogroup which matched that same sequence in the DNA sampled. If we don't get a match in other areas the answer is not 'therefore alien'. The answer is we don't know exactly what or where that part is from. It's not ruled human nor is it ruled out human.

Don't forget there's lots of known humans that we are unlikely to have a sample of every possible combination in existence ever. And certainly to prove positive we'd require a copy of alien DNA. Along the same lines it may be useful to compare it to other things such as BigFoot, Chupacabra, trolls, pixies, fairies, and leprechauns.I'd say unicorns and Nessie but it appears bipedial so we could probably skip those.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Genome_Project
only 8% remains undocumented...

In this skull, about 45% was unknown.

BrianK 
Posted on 13-Sep-2011 11:46:14
#634 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Interesting Thanks.

Quote:
The older the item the more difficult recovery of DNA. This is due to degredation. Since it doesn't match anything it means the result of the test is unknown. Throwing in 'it's alien' doesn't help it's the same sort of leap to conclusion that is seen by claiming the U.nidentified F.lying O.bjects are Little Grey Men from another planet.

Nimrod 
Posted on 13-Sep-2011 12:59:58
#635 ]

@Lou

Quote:

The Human Genome Project was completed in 2003. We now have one additional talent in each of our bases.

Lou 
Posted on 13-Sep-2011 16:59:03
#636 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
Interesting Thanks.

Quote:
The older the item the more difficult recovery of DNA. This is due to degredation. Since it doesn't match anything it means the result of the test is unknown. Throwing in 'it's alien' doesn't help it's the same sort of leap to conclusion that is seen by claiming the U.nidentified F.lying O.bjects are Little Grey Men from another planet.

So why is it only the X chromosome was identifiable then? Does "degredation" of DNA only occur in the Y chromosome? What about the fibres found throughout the bone?

BrianK 
Posted on 13-Sep-2011 17:49:03
#637 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
So why is it only the X chromosome was identifiable then?
"DNA testing in 1999 at BOLD (Bureau of Legal Dentistry), a forensic DNA lab in Vancouver, British Columbia found standard X and Y chromosomes in two samples taken from the skull"
(EDIT: So while Y has been found I'll more directly answer this. Mitocondrial DNA is only inherited from mothers (at least on this planet). As such sampling Mitocondria would at most yield the X chromosome.)

Quote:
Does "degredation" of DNA only occur in the Y chromosome?
Degradation occurs of any chemicals. It depends upon exposure levels and time. There's several different types of fossilization and what had happened depends on what it's exposed to. DNA is part of the soft tissue and that's often degraded by bacteria. As they say ashes to ashes and dust to dust. But between the star dust that you came from and the dust you become there are many steps.

Quote:
What about the fibres found throughout the bone?
The first question is what are these fibers. Knowing what they are would help greatly in how they exist within the material.

Some fiber can occur within the body -- osteodystrophia fibrosa
: a lesion of bone in which fibro-osseous tissue replaces resorbed bone. The resorption is caused by hyperparathyroidism which may be primary or, more commonly, secondary to nutritional error, or to renal insufficiency. Called also osteitis fibrosa, osteitis fibrosa cystica.

(I'm guessing on this item. I think an interesting path to investigate.) - The skull wasn't found until the 30s. Meaning decomposition and fossilization had started. Perhaps there's some fossilization process that left fiber like materials in open cells of the skull. Perminerialization is when water fills the empty cavities then evaporates leaving behind mineral deposits. So if someone died and their skull was not formed correctly and had open cavities there is a potential process that might fill those cavitives with alternative materials. Afterall this skull was found after 850 years of sitting around exposed to the elements.

Last edited by BrianK on 13-Sep-2011 at 08:19 PM.

BrianK 
Posted on 13-Sep-2011 20:10:10
#638 ]
Elite Member

How quantum noise impacts a Gravity Wave Dectector

Lou 
Posted on 14-Sep-2011 21:03:57
#639 ]
Elite Member

I'm off to Vegas to do practical science by testing the mythical 'law of averages'. Be back Monday.

Lou 
Posted on 19-Sep-2011 21:18:48
#640 ]
Elite Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ARacsaw5ac

This cat is on to something... In 2008 he did this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcCLIwlbhLc
Then in 2009, look what Nokia does:
http://www.technologyreview.com/communications/22764/?a=f

Last edited by Lou on 19-Sep-2011 at 09:48 PM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle