Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
12 crawler(s) on-line.
 126 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

retrofaza

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 retrofaza:  2 mins ago
 pixie:  8 mins ago
 OlafS25:  22 mins ago
 BigD:  22 mins ago
 zErec:  29 mins ago
 amigakit:  32 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 15 mins ago
 edwardsjethro:  2 hrs 7 mins ago
 joeyunderwood:  2 hrs 8 mins ago
 Sikharubel:  2 hrs 11 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Nibiru, what if ? - part 2
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lou 
Re: US shakes and awakes?,
Posted on 27-Oct-2011 14:36:30
#861 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

So we have 2 planes.

1 with 1 seat and some damage (2000) canopy intact and the damage could have come from the initial contact with the sea floor. Still, why didn't the pilot eject?

1 with 2 seats and no damage (2011) ...

Profile     Report this post  
Lou 
Posted on 27-Oct-2011 15:26:41
#862 ]
Elite Member

Going back to how old the pyramids/sphinx/ancient Egypt...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Hv-sPWy0bU

So the Sphinx shows signs of water erosion despite being buried for most of the last 4500 years...which dates it back to 10.5k to 12k BC...

Also this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=Xo0ZkgqM1TE
I think alot of these cities are buried in sand because if the great flood did occur then surely the prior land would be covered in sediment that washed over and settled. The idea that people would intentionally bury entire cities manually seems far-fetched. It does lend credence to all the flood "myths".

Last edited by Lou on 27-Oct-2011 at 03:33 PM.

BrianK 
Posted on 27-Oct-2011 19:20:34
#863 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
So we have 2 planes.

1 with 1 seat and some damage (2000) canopy intact and the damage could have come from the initial contact with the sea floor. Still, why didn't the pilot eject?

1 with 2 seats and no damage (2011)

Yes indeed it seems we do. The more blurry greek page picture appears to me to be that 2000 plane, not the 2011 one.

Why didn't the pilot eject? Again pilots are trained to try to regain control of the plane and make a safe landing. Pilots don't eject at the first sign of trouble. Wikipedia lists the Mirage 2000 as costing $23 Million. Gov don't want pilots destroying their planes. Plus, if there's weapons aboard one doesn't want them accidentally taking out civilians. People do their best but make mistakes. Sometimes the pilot just doesn't make it. Sometimes the assembly of the seat may result in one not working.

Lou 
Posted on 27-Oct-2011 20:14:13
#864 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
So we have 2 planes.

1 with 2 seats and no damage (2011)

Yes indeed it seems we do. The more blurry greek page picture appears to me to be that 2000 plane, not the 2011 one.

Why didn't the pilot eject? Again pilots are trained to try to regain control of the plane and make a safe landing. Pilots don't eject at the first sign of trouble. Wikipedia lists the Mirage 2000 as costing $23 Million. Gov don't want pilots destroying their planes. Plus, if there's weapons aboard one doesn't want them accidentally taking out civilians. People do their best but make mistakes. Sometimes the pilot just doesn't make it. Sometimes the assembly of the seat may result in one not working.

Could you provide the pilots training manual that shows me that they are not to eject when the plane is heading into water. My assumption is that for land, they should definitely eject.

BrianK 
Posted on 27-Oct-2011 20:49:23
#865 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Could you provide the pilots training manual that shows me that they are not to eject when the plane is heading into water. My assumption is that for land, they should definitely eject

Indeed a valid question is what are pilot instructions during a crisis. How far do they ride out the crisis before ejecting? Is it try to save the plane then eject if it's impossible (Brian K answer) or is it over water eject immediately for any reason (Lou answer) or is it something else?

Here too this is your 'assumption' for land. What are the land instructions? I'd assume if the plane was over populated land they'd want the pilots to try their best to get out past the populated area.

And certainly Greece might have a different policy than the US. In the 50s and 60s there were some plane accidents in the USA. This resulted in the pilot dropping their nuclear bombs to regain control and safely land the craft. Some landed and some didn't. So, if the policy is to have the pilot eject when over land they clearly did not follow that.

I'll do some searching but I believe pilot manuals online are a thing of a pre-9/11 era in the USA.

BrianK 
Posted on 27-Oct-2011 21:04:40
#866 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
I think alot of these cities are buried in sand because if the great flood did occur then surely the prior land would be covered in sediment that washed over and settled. The idea that people would intentionally bury entire cities manually seems far-fetched.

Cities get buried for a variety of reasons. Localized flooding, abandon and filled in by the earth itself over time, volcanic activity, fall into sink holes, hit by meteor, etc.

There are example of people intentionally burying a city. Old Seattle still partially exists. And many cities around the world are built on top of old cities. There are clearly pieces of cities abandoned and filled up during hard times. When the financing and population rebounds people just build on top of them. Thus we end up with things like Indian artificats being found in downtown Los Angeles. It's not too hard to imagine certain cities never regain popularity for a very long time. Or the building starts on the other side of town and takes a few hundred years to span into the old location.

Quote:
It does lend credence to all the flood "myths".
Clearly localized flooding does exist. The entire world at once when man was alive? Didn't happen.

Last edited by BrianK on 27-Oct-2011 at 09:08 PM.

Nimrod 
Posted on 27-Oct-2011 21:40:03
#867 ]

@Lou

Quote:
Could you provide the pilots training manual that shows me that they are not to eject when the plane is heading into water. My assumption is that for land, they should definitely eject.
I did a little discreet checking up on these incidents, and apparently the pilot of 210 got disoriented during a night flying exercise and "landed" on the sea instead of a nearby airfield. The pilot may, or may not have drowned, but the aircraft was recovered, repaired, and is now back in service.

Mirage 204 apparently suffered a flameout, possibly as a result of a birdstrike. There was insufficient altitude to attempt a restart, so the crew ejected, and were rescued. The aircraft has been recovered but as the airframe has been stressed beyond economical repair, it will be broken for spares.

This is as deep as I am willing to dig on this subject as the Greeks are notoriously touchy about such things, and have previously jailed people for taking photographs at air shows. As much as I like you chaps, I am not willing to do time for you

Niolator 
Posted on 29-Oct-2011 10:10:43
#868 ]

Ah, this thread is the best source for silly conspiracy theories on the net. Nothing like a good conspiracy theory. IŽll alert you if I find one in this thread.

T-J 
Posted on 29-Oct-2011 14:25:08
#869 ]
Cult Member

@Lou

Oh, some more youtube videos that you've dug up after five minutes on google, eh?

Setting aside the comical failure to understand the regional climate of Egypt and its variation over the past 5000 years, we come to a video that describes Gobekli Tepe. I take it that since you're now parroting that video, you've had a sudden conversion and now believe in radiocarbon dating?

Quote:
I think alot of these cities are buried in sand because if the great flood did occur then surely the prior land would be covered in sediment that washed over and settled. The idea that people would intentionally bury entire cities manually seems far-fetched. It does lend credence to all the flood "myths".

Lou, the sand is aeolian. Meaning, wind-eroded, wind-driven and deposited by wind. Desert cities get buried in sand because that's how deserts work - sand blows around, dunes migrate over the surface and abandoned human sites are quickly buried, only to be revealed thousands of years later when the dune complex moves on.

Lou 
Posted on 29-Oct-2011 16:29:23
#870 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

Quote:

T-J wrote:
@Lou

I take it that since you're now parroting that video, you've had a sudden conversion and now believe in radiocarbon dating?

No but when your own science works against you I'm happy to point it out.

Quote:
Lou, the sand is aeolian. Meaning, wind-eroded, wind-driven and deposited by wind. Desert cities get buried in sand because that's how deserts work - sand blows around, dunes migrate over the surface and abandoned human sites are quickly buried, only to be revealed thousands of years later when the dune complex moves on.

I suppose it makes perfect sense that people abandon entire cities and structures like the pyramids etc much less long enough to have them covered in dirt.
I'm sure someday all the citizens of NYC will get fed up one day and just pack up and go en masse.

FYI the 2nd link was dirt, not sand. It was level with the rest of the land. I guess back in ancient times, shovels were bigger than they are today...

Nimrod 
Posted on 29-Oct-2011 18:25:40
#871 ]

@Lou

Quote:
I suppose it makes perfect sense that people abandon entire cities and structures like the pyramids etc much less long enough to have them covered in dirt. I'm sure someday all the citizens of NYC will get fed up one day and just pack up and go en masse.
I don't see why not. It's not as if the good old US of A has never abandoned places before.
As T-J pointed out sand moves The sand that is strangling the capital of Mauritania is not a couple of shovelfuls of graded coarse building sand, but a fine thin dirt that creeps up, and then sets solid.

Of course back in ancient times, if they had had help from aliens they might have been able to save these sites from being buried

BrianK 
Posted on 29-Oct-2011 22:47:21
#872 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
I suppose it makes perfect sense that people abandon entire cities and structures like the pyramids etc much less long enough to have them covered in dirt.
I'm sure someday all the citizens of NYC will get fed up one day and just pack up and go en masse.
ItThe abandonment of part of NYC has already occurred. Older buildings were often struck down, covered up, and new buildings built decades later. If you have time Bing New York City abandoned subway. Some great pictures exist for viewing. You could probably go see them if you wanted to violate tresspass laws.

Will people abandon NYC? The earth has experienced several extinction events. (Though I suppose there is some people who believe bored aliens came down and built the fossil record as a kind of joke to trick us. ) Humans have experienced events that have lead to our significant decrease in numbers. There's nothing to stop that stuff from happening again. And, assuming the earth won't live forever NYC will certainly not exist someday.

Lou 
Posted on 30-Oct-2011 22:59:27
#873 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
ItThe abandonment of part of NYC has already occurred. Older buildings were often struck down, covered up, and new buildings built decades later. If you have time Bing New York City abandoned subway. Some great pictures exist for viewing. You could probably go see them if you wanted to violate tresspass laws.

Will people abandon NYC? The earth has experienced several extinction events. (Though I suppose there is some people who believe bored aliens came down and built the fossil record as a kind of joke to trick us. ) Humans have experienced events that have lead to our significant decrease in numbers. There's nothing to stop that stuff from happening again. And, assuming the earth won't live forever NYC will certainly not exist someday.

My point is that it would take an extinction event. Remeber? Great flood?

Lou 
Posted on 30-Oct-2011 23:02:43
#874 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
I suppose it makes perfect sense that people abandon entire cities and structures like the pyramids etc much less long enough to have them covered in dirt. I'm sure someday all the citizens of NYC will get fed up one day and just pack up and go en masse.
I don't see why not. It's not as if the good old US of A has never abandoned places before.
As T-J pointed out sand moves The sand that is strangling the capital of Mauritania is not a couple of shovelfuls of graded coarse building sand, but a fine thin dirt that creeps up, and then sets solid.

Of course back in ancient times, if they had had help from aliens they might have been able to save these sites from being buried

Or mabye the damn politicians raised the property tax so everyone moved to China...

BrianK 
Posted on 31-Oct-2011 4:40:03
#875 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Great Flood? Again a Noah claimed flood with all the earth covered hasn't occurred since homo sapiens have been around. Though a rising Atlantic may just do that. Of course there are others too like nukes or a meteor strike. Though none of those are extinction events. In all liklihood the aliens who built this planet waited for the flood stage to be over. When they populated the earth with lifeforms they told humans the story. Throughout the ages the humans remembered it wrong and wrote it down wrong.

Look LGM didn't make it to earth. Something is going on with Uranus. I hope their families don't have to pay for that Lost Saucer. Think of the poor Dorse!

Last edited by BrianK on 31-Oct-2011 at 11:02 AM.
Last edited by BrianK on 31-Oct-2011 at 04:41 AM.

Lou 
Posted on 1-Nov-2011 17:35:18
#876 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Well alteast you won't have to worry about Harold C. anymore...

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/harold-camping-quitting-prediction-business-145931855.html

BrianK 
Posted on 1-Nov-2011 21:31:59
#877 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Well alteast you won't have to worry about Harold C. anymore...
Half dozen failed end of the world predictions included spending, millions likely, on advertising around the US for this crap. I can't say I'm sad to see him go away from the Chicken Little syndrome.

It's my understanding he has been sick and likely isn't long for the world. I harbor no ill will and wish him the best.

Lou 
Posted on 2-Nov-2011 14:31:51
#878 ]
Elite Member

Hmmm...seems faster than light movement is possible...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myjaVI7_6Is&feature=relmfu

Lou 
Posted on 4-Nov-2011 13:49:58
#879 ]
Elite Member

Interesting...
http://news.yahoo.com/nasa-sees-giant-crack-forming-antarctic-glacier-181026557.html
http://news.yahoo.com/part-sun-turns-stormy-benevolent-monster-213318304.html
http://news.yahoo.com/largest-sunspot-years-observed-sun-215806669.html
http://news.yahoo.com/giant-asteroid-thats-zipping-unnervingly-close-earth-143500805.html

Let's hope the flares don't affect the glacier and asteroid in a negative manner over the next couple of days...

BrianK 
Posted on 4-Nov-2011 15:08:00
#880 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

An active sun again. Anything produces data, and often interesting data. We've seen the planet heating as the sun is cooling and as activity cooling. It'll be another nice set of data points to see what happens as the sun kicks up the power.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle