Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
18 crawler(s) on-line.
 129 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Gunnar:  26 mins ago
 pixie:  45 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  1 hr 24 mins ago
 DWolfman:  1 hr 34 mins ago
 cncparts:  3 hrs 7 mins ago
 saipaman4366:  3 hrs 53 mins ago
 Beajar:  4 hrs 12 mins ago
 Rob:  4 hrs 15 mins ago
 agami:  5 hrs 18 mins ago
 RobertB:  5 hrs 38 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  General Technology (No Console Threads)
      /  More C64x Pics at Commodore USA Customination Facility in Ft. Lauderdale
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
PosterThread
danwood 
Re: More C64x Pics at Commodore USA Customination Facility in Ft. Lauderdale
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 10:18:52
#121 ]

@digitex

Quote:
in a few more weeks will be presenting our new Commodore OS

Where have I heard that before?... "Two more weeks" by chance?

Sorry, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Sorry Barry, but you and your whole "operation" comes across as a total bunch of amateurs at best.

Last edited by danwood on 14-Jun-2011 at 10:27 AM.

Profile     Report this post  
wawa 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 10:28:12
#122 ]
Elite Member

@ChrisH

Quote:

Your over-the-top aggressive posting style does not help your case, to put it mildly. If you are for real, then you should be able to let actions & products speak for you, rather than feeling you need to get drawn into petty on-line bickering, complete with highly offensive insults.

"their" actions speak for "them". "borrowed" and poorly photoshoped pictures, texts copied and pasted form other sites. its done like a puzzle. and everybody can see the pattern now. no way to claim it was someone others fault.

Last edited by wawa on 14-Jun-2011 at 10:29 AM.

eXec 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 10:30:08
#123 ]
Cult Member

@danwood

Quote:

danwood wrote:
@digitex

Quote:
in a few more weeks will be presenting our new Commodore OS

Where have I heard that before?... "Two more weeks" by chance?

Sorry, but I'll believe it when I see it.

AEon?

Not trolling but it is the usual set of answers...
Soon, third quarter, almost, final stage, beta testing......

elwood 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 10:34:39
#124 ]
Elite Member

@AmigaBlitter

Quote:
Can someone summarize, please?

Read here

Amiga Translator Organisation

danwood 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 10:37:49
#125 ]

@eXec

I didn't say I supported the X1000 either.

However, given the choice - I do trust Trevor and Hyperion more than Barry and crew, they've been around for a long time and have a track record of delivering products, and are true Amigans.

The "few more weeks" thing was more reminding me of McBill and his many lies (OS 5 etc.)

Last edited by danwood on 14-Jun-2011 at 10:43 AM.
Last edited by danwood on 14-Jun-2011 at 10:38 AM.

danwood 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 10:48:27
#126 ]

@redrumloa

Quote:
What sense does it make for CUSA to spend so much money just to spread lies?

What sense did it make for Bill McEwen and Amiga Inc to spread to many lies (OS 5 better than OS X, the Kent Center debacle), what sense did iWin, Mercalina or make?

Who knows why they do it? Delusions of grandeur? Lonely people wanting their 15 mins of fame before running off? Something else?

Just because it makes no sense for it to be a hoax, doesn't mean it isn't. It's cheaper to buy an advert in a Tron DVD in one country than it is to produce the product, and get loads of tv/news coverage for a person who maybe just wanted attention.

Last edited by danwood on 14-Jun-2011 at 10:49 AM.

Jupp3 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 11:02:04
#127 ]

Quote:
However, given the choice - I do trust Trevor and Hyperion more than Barry and crew, they've been around for a long time and have a track record of delivering products, and are true Amigans.

Fair enough. Also, don't forget to give CUSA as much extra time you gave to Hyperion from initial promises (OS4 done in a few months) to the actual release (which was years later). Similar delays for X1000 too. Actual release to be seen.

Sure, I know, small businesses can get unexpected delays (although impossibility of OS4 in few months was obvious to any skilled coder). Just pointing out there were / are some serious delivery schedule issues with the both mentioned companies.

ChrisH 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 11:10:14
#128 ]
Elite Member

@Jupp3 Quote:
don't forget to give CUSA as much extra time you gave to Hyperion from initial promises (OS4 done in a few months) to the actual release

Hyperion had a track record of producing good Amiga software, and they had an agreement with a new but warm & fuzzy Amiga Inc (Amino) who we trusted at the time. There were also many extenuating circumstances like Hyperion not being supplied with what they had been promised (OS3.9 source code), Hyperion having to take on a LOT more than they originally expected (PPC Exec since H&P pulled-out), OS4.0 getting a LOT more functionality than was originally planned by Amiga Inc, the only OS4 hardware (AmigaOne) production being stopped, Amiga Inc playing silly buggers about licensing new hardware & then finally suing Hyperion, etc, etc.

By contrast we had never heard of CUSA before, they act like they are pretending to be much bigger than they are (which appears to be a tiny company on a shoe-string budget, if you ignore the bluster), they seem to routinely insult anyone who questions them, they initially used trademarks without permission, plus other things that "wawa" summarised.

You can't compare Hyperion & CUSA, and say they deserve the same treatment. CUSA should be treated fairly, but not more than that.

Last edited by ChrisH on 14-Jun-2011 at 11:42 AM.
Last edited by ChrisH on 14-Jun-2011 at 11:27 AM.
Last edited by ChrisH on 14-Jun-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Last edited by ChrisH on 14-Jun-2011 at 11:19 AM.
Last edited by ChrisH on 14-Jun-2011 at 11:18 AM.
Last edited by ChrisH on 14-Jun-2011 at 11:16 AM.

eXec 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 11:18:38
#129 ]
Cult Member

@ChrisH

Quote:

ChrisH wrote:

By contrast we had never heard of CUSA before, they act like they are pretending to be much bigger than they are (which appears to be a tiny company on a shoe-string budget, if you ignore the bluster), they seem to routinely insult anyone who questions them, and so on.

Strange, I wrote many emails direct to Barry and Leo since they appeared and every
each time got a kindly reply with much details and more than just that.
Nobody insulted me there, no threats either. So, don`t get it.
Beside that, before C=USA, when i started to think on the x86 Amiga way,
on the early beginning here when i posted a few thinking's i got nothing more
but a bunch of insults, abuse reports and similar. And always from the same
group of people. Why is this hostility here so accented, only heavens knows.
But where is smoke, there must be a fire too.

;)

ChrisH 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 11:20:46
#130 ]
Elite Member

@eXec
Well done on missing the point of what I wrote, and instead focusing on one small point that doesn't matter too much to my conclusion.

Last edited by ChrisH on 14-Jun-2011 at 11:24 AM.

Jupp3 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 12:01:51
#131 ]

@ChrisH

Quote:
Hyperion had a track record of producing good Amiga software

Yes. They had some software background, and a small part of their announced game projects were actually released. Some of those later-than-announced as well.

Quote:
Hyperion not being supplied with what they had been promised (OS3.9 source code)

Considering there aren't really that many actual changes to 3.1, this shouldn't be as big issue as many want it to sound. Sure, it can cause delays (getting classact sources from elsewhere etc.), but that shouldn't increase the project duration by years.

Quote:
OS4.0 getting a LOT more functionality than was originally planned by Amiga Inc

Sure, OS4 release had some features that weren't on the original feature list published by Hyperion (let's forget whatever Amiga inc. promised). Also, it was (and still is) missing some announced features (automatic stack enlargening, Warp3D Nova etc.) so I'd say they more or less "cancel each other out".

Quote:
the only OS4 hardware (AmigaOne) production being stopped, Amiga Inc playing silly buggers about licensing new hardware & then finally suing Hyperion, etc, etc.

As far as I know, this happened AFTER the OS4 release, so it doesn't affect this discussion.

And as I see it, Amiga inc. was trying to pressure Hyperion to follow the contract they had signed at the beginning of the project (OS4 buyback). Yes, they went to court for that. And NO, at no point was it proven (by court) that "Hyperion was right", the case was settled out-of-court, and many details regarding that will never be public.

-EDIT-
And yes, I know the deal was bad for Hyperion. In which case you shouldn't sign it. However, they did.

Quote:
they (CUSA) seem to routinely insult anyone who questions them

In the danger of being blamed for "digging up old things", I'll point out the known fact, that various people involved with Hyperion have done their (un)fair share of badmouthing, blatant lies etc. aswell. Let's leave this discussion here. The two companines are tied on this

Quote:
CUSA should be treated fairly, but not more than that.

I fully agree with that.

Last edited by Jupp3 on 14-Jun-2011 at 12:02 PM.

eXec 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 12:05:08
#132 ]
Cult Member

@ChrisH

read your quoted part of the post, then read my first, second and third sentence..

danwood 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 12:13:13
#133 ]

@Jupp3

Why does everyone assume if you criticise CUSA you must automatically be a Hyperion/A-Eon fanboy?

You do not have to be in one, or either camp. Everytime someone mentions something negative about CUSA, it's always followed with "but Hyperion did this, but A-Eon did this..." nobody mentioned them in this thread.

eXec 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 12:16:12
#134 ]
Cult Member

@danwood

Quote:

danwood wrote:
@Jupp3

Why does everyone assume if you criticise CUSA you must automatically be a Hyperion/A-Eon fanboy?

You do not have to be in one, or either camp. Everytime someone mentions something negative about CUSA, it's always followed with "but Hyperion did this, but A-Eon did this..." nobody mentioned them in this thread.

Because few people here trashed all who said that C=USA has some potentials
into that "Group" and since then been labeling them as trolls.

danwood 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 12:18:39
#135 ]

@eXec

I've been critical of both A-Eon and CUSA in the past, more-so CUSA (but they have done more to warrant it imho), but I would not buy or support either product. Not liking one does not automatically make you a supporter of the other.

redrumloa 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 12:20:33
#136 ]
Cult Member

@AmigaHeretic

Quote:

And the guy sends you some magazine page scans with blurred watermark removal artifacts and you're like, #### yeah!! Let's do some marketing bitches!! W00t W00t!! ???

Suuuuurrrrreeeeee..................................

How old are you, 10?

Last edited by redrumloa on 14-Jun-2011 at 12:29 PM.

$225 total spent!

redrumloa 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 12:32:56
#137 ]
Cult Member

@danwood

Quote:

Not everyone, but a good number of the most vile comments come from X1000 supporters. These people seem to ignore the warts on their own hobby's past, but are all too quick to make the absolute worst judgment and accusations against CUSA and anyone not in a blind rage against CUSA.

$225 total spent!

eliyahu 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 13:03:23
#138 ]

@redrumloa

Quote:
Not everyone, but a good number of the most vile comments come from X1000 supporters. These people seem to ignore the warts on their own hobby's past, but are all too quick to make the absolute worst judgment and accusations against CUSA and anyone not in a blind rage against CUSA.

lemme help you with that:

Quote:
Not everyone, but a good number of the most vile comments about hyperion and OS4 come from the same people who are now CUSA supporters. These people seem to ignore the warts on their current corporate flame, but are all to quick to make the absolute worst judgment and accusations against hyperion/OS4/ben hermans and anyone not in a blind rage about them or alleged past behavior.

seriously, red, some of the CUSA fans are the same people who foam at the mouth about hyperion and the like. they don't seem to be so angry against the morphOS community, but they don't have anything positive to say about them, either. there are a few who genuinely like the idea of the amiga going the way of modern PCs and linux, and that's fine. but there is a bit of the pot calling the kettle black here. the same guys who promote CUSA ad nauseum on the fora are the same people who spew vitriol against hyperion and the 'fanatics' who dare to use OS4 when it is so obviously inferior and created by evil monkeys in random belgian closets who only want to steal money and harm the true and valiant amiga, inc.

give me a break.

if you're gonna dish it out, don't complain when you get it back in the same fashion. i don't like some of the rantings around here either, but it comes from both sides. you're a reasonable chap, i'm sure you see this.

-- eliyahu

redrumloa 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 13:22:44
#139 ]
Cult Member

@eliyahu

Quote:

'fanatics' who dare to use OS4 when it is so obviously inferior and created by evil monkeys in random belgian closets who only want to steal money and harm the true and valiant amiga, inc.

That was funny!

Quote:
if you're gonna dish it out, don't complain when you get it back in the same fashion. i don't like some of the rantings around here either, but it comes from both sides. you're a reasonable chap, i'm sure you see this.

When I get it back for my dishing it out? My opinion of the X1000 and OS4 is not very high, but I seriously doubt I ever stood up for Amiga Inc in recent times and I really seriously doubt I have ever accused Hermans of stealing money, let alone Trevor. I also do not wait for and join every single OS4 related thread on every site just to troll, bash and spread vile slander.

Just look at some of the accusations at Barry being a thief, con man, scam artist or whatever. If those accusations were leveled at individuals in the OS4/X1000 camp, swift and brutal moderation would likely take place.

Last edited by redrumloa on 14-Jun-2011 at 01:25 PM.

$225 total spent!

number6 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 13:33:01
#140 ]
Elite Member

@redrumloa

Quote:
If those accusations were leveled at individuals in the OS4/X1000 camp, swift and brutal moderation would likely take place.

erm...for the most part no.
There are not enough active staff members covering all time zones to be swift about very much.
Since the site does count on the users for assistance, it is perfectly acceptable to report a post.
Another acceptable alternative would be to send links to a moderator with explanation, which he can review, in a similar fashion to how AR's are reviewed.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle