Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
18 crawler(s) on-line.
 119 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 zipper:  46 mins ago
 pixie:  1 hr 20 mins ago
 fatbob_gb:  2 hrs 1 min ago
 lewishamilton0998:  2 hrs 8 mins ago
 amigakit:  2 hrs 17 mins ago
 Hammer:  2 hrs 20 mins ago
 Rob:  3 hrs 19 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  3 hrs 23 mins ago
 VooDoo:  3 hrs 28 mins ago
 agami:  4 hrs 48 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  General Technology (No Console Threads)
      /  Very succinct CUSA question thoughts
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
Kicko 
Re: Very succinct CUSA question thoughts
Posted on 26-Jun-2011 20:54:22
#101 ]
Elite Member

@eXec

Tako te volim.... Your avatar is back :)

Profile     Report this post  
vox 
Posted on 26-Jun-2011 21:00:11
#102 ]
Elite Member

@sundown

OK, on popular demand.

eXec 
Posted on 26-Jun-2011 21:01:21
#103 ]
Cult Member

@Kicko

Quote:

Kicko wrote:
@eXec

Tako te volim.... Your avatar is back :)

Let us sing in that name...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPXao2yIth0&feature=related

Seblam 
Posted on 26-Jun-2011 21:21:46
#104 ]

@TheDaddy

quote: "Please spare me your developing thoughts, ain't interested."

Oh yes, I will develop my thoughts. I don't consider myself to be in any camp, I run OS4 on an A1, MOS on Peg and trying sometimes AROS on my PC. And I think these new C64 from CUSA are nice. Here for the background.

Now, the problem with you, but it works as well for Exec from CUSA camp (with its stupid PPC anti totalitarism avatar) is that you are too emotive and just transform a simple hobby into something very extremist. We are in the peaceful world of computers but the thinking behind this behaviour is very close to extremism that are making the breaking news in the real world. Honestly, to go so far for a computer is really frightening.

The real Commodore Amiga is dead, just simple as that. AmigaOS from Hyperion, an OS made in Belgium by 2 people from a game porting company, has it any link with original Amiga team? No, just the name and a source code as a basis.
The same apply to MOS and AROS and they don't even have the name.
But I respect all these hard workers. And the same for CUSA, because what they are doing with Linux is what Apple did with BSD and is what the real Commodore would have done if it has survived (maybe not Linux but for sure a Unix thing like QNX).

Now, you are telling idiots people that buy because of the name. It's very subjective and anyway we are always an idiot for someone else. I think the new C64, even if it's a PC from a company that has no links to original Commodore, could be a stylish object as could be an Imac on my desk and I don't consider myself an idiot for that. I don't consider myself an idiot because I will probably buy an overpriced and not so powerful hardware when the X1000 is out. You know, it's like for girls, we are always looking idiots when we are in love of something.

Amiga was a computer with tons of users, apps, talented artists and developpers, it was not only an OS or a hardware. Sometimes, I feel that playing AlienBreed on my PS3 (with some Amiga team blood inside cf RJ Mical) is more Amigaish than using a so called AmigaOS4 where you don't have any of the modern 3D or web technologies.

Now, I will start to be very harsh with you TheDaddy, yes nine months to create a new C64 is a performance, at least they create something with the case, packaging, manuals... How many time it takes you to build the X500 looking more a russian computer from 80s. Don't you think that by using X500 name you confuse people that could think it's the entry level of official X1000. Generally, I respect all people work and when you unveil the X500, I was respectful of the effort you put in although I find it ugly. Now, sorry for the bashing, it was just to show you how far this stupid flame wars can go.

Yes, CUSA lied (or more they tried to show a bigger operation than the reality), yes, they used pictures without permission. Yes, it was not fair but I used to be a freelance and yes, when you are running a business, sometimes you have to take risks, make promise you are not sure. How do you think Hyperion won the OS4 contract against MOS? It's business, that's it. And you, you never stole software by copying them without buying? I did!

Of course, TheDaddy, you are free to be sarcastic, but what you are doing is no more funny, it's just strong extremist propaganda. But you are of course free to continue.

eXec 
Posted on 26-Jun-2011 21:35:29
#105 ]
Cult Member

@Seblam

Man! Respect! I do sometimes get over border of rational and after your
post I really shame of myself! I developed a defense mechanism to a ultra
PPC hater just because of such guys like Vox and Daddy, there are just few
other extremist who throw everything onto CUSA without any other arguments.
This post of yours is exact the same thing I am thinking about. But let us remember
the day when that "black" and "bad" CUSA appeared, those guys started to spit
and curse on them with stupid phrases "it is not amiga, they should crash & burn"
and such nonsenses. When I realized that they are actually gonna bring some
real products onto market i started to follow them. 9 months was needed to
bring new C=64 out. For some people it is just a PC , for me it is a logical and
evolving path of the current mainstream desktop computers. Some people
are sadly refusing to realize that today we live in 2011...

Beside that, You are the best! Wonderful post in this ocean of random cr*ps.

Last edited by eXec on 26-Jun-2011 at 09:39 PM.

TheDaddy 
Posted on 26-Jun-2011 22:13:46
#106 ]
Elite Member

@Seblam

>>Now, the problem with you, but it works as well for Exec from CUSA camp (with its stupid PPC anti totalitarism avatar) is that you are too emotive and just transform a simple hobby into something very extremist.

First I don't really like to be compared to eXec, this is unfair and I resent that.

Second, you are making this up, "extremist" is a very strong word. I don't actively support any particular Amiga flavour by the way, just so you know. I have OS4, AROS on a netbook etc...

The problem is that I stayed silent for a long time, just watching but then you reach a point where someone has to say something. It ####es me off when there are blatant attacks to the good work done by people like ACube for example.

This is not acceptable especially when it comes from people like CUSA who have a long history of bad practice. I don't really want to list all of them again but I'll just add the latest one regarding Thom Holwerda.

Here

>>AmigaOS from Hyperion, an OS made in Belgium by 2 people from a game porting company, has it any link with original Amiga team? No, just the name and a source code as a basis.

Well, the way I see it, it is more Amiga than Linux...that is enough for me.

>>Now, you are telling idiots people that buy because of the name.

You are missing the point completely then. It's the attitude, the way it's been done. Like I said before I couldn't have given a #### about CUSA if from the very first day they said: "We licensed the Amiga and Commodore name, we want to make x86 machines with the names on" I would have been fine with that, but attacking other companies, people, stealing images etc...is not something a serious company should do.

It's deceiving people I am not happy with, from the very first day, attacking AROS, OS4, A-Eon, telling us they are the real deal.

>>Now, I will start to be very harsh with you TheDaddy,

Please do I'll do the same.

>>yes nine months to create a new C64 is a performance, at least they create something with the case, packaging, manuals...

You must be joking right? It takes about a week for a CAD designer to replicate an EXISTING product, another couple of weeks to choose EXISTING components and put them in. Packaging another week, a Linux distro the time to download it.

If you read carefully my posts you'd see that I say one thing is a replica, another is creating and developing, two different stages completely.

This is a blow below the belt you should be ashamed of. And by bringing this up you have just scored an own goal. If you can't understand why, make yourself a cup of tea, sit down and think about it, it doesn't even require an answer.

>>How many time it takes you to build the X500 looking more a russian computer from 80s.

If I get the meaning of what you are trying to say I believe you have come to that conclusion by looking at pictures of a prototype, you are a genius sir.
It will take the time it needs. Possibly two more weeks.

>>Don't you think that by using X500 name you confuse people that could think it's the entry level of official X1000.

And how do you know it isn't just that? It's a prototype name, I might call it Tit500, I haven't decided yet. And, just so you know it, the X1000 is an AmigaOne X1000. Can you see the name AmigaOne anywhere on the X500? Or maybe there will be...who knows

>>Generally, I respect all people work and when you unveil the X500, I was respectful of the effort you put in although I find it ugly.

Thanks, I respect all people work too but at least I don't lie, deceive, threaten, steal, what you see is what I do, it's there in the open.

>>Yes, CUSA lied (or more they tried to show a bigger operation than the reality), yes, they used pictures without permission. Yes, it was not fair but I used to be a freelance and yes, when you are running a business, sometimes you have to take risks, make promise you are not sure.

What? And all this is acceptable to you?

>>Of course, TheDaddy, you are free to be sarcastic, but what you are doing is no more funny, it's just strong extremist propaganda. But you are of course free to continue.

Thank you for the permission, I'll now go and be sarcastic for a bit...oh and extremist!

PS: You have missed a good opportunity to shut up...never mind.

Last edited by TheDaddy on 26-Jun-2011 at 10:47 PM.
Last edited by TheDaddy on 26-Jun-2011 at 10:23 PM.
Last edited by TheDaddy on 26-Jun-2011 at 10:15 PM.

TheDaddy 
Posted on 26-Jun-2011 22:26:35
#107 ]
Elite Member

@eXec

>>Vox and Daddy, there are just few

You sir, need to go back on your medications. What other arguments do you need?

Laughable!

sundown 
Posted on 26-Jun-2011 22:55:38
#108 ]
Elite Member

@Seblam

If you walk up to a girl & tell her she's butt ugly, your going to get slapped right back. That's pretty much what c=usa did to us. Their approach was very un-professional & still is. If they had been honest & friendly, this Amiga community would most likely have supported them.

@TheDaddy

I agree with what your saying, but you're letting these guys get to you. Go have a beer & relax for a bit.

TheDungeonDelver 
Posted on 26-Jun-2011 23:50:27
#109 ]
Cult Member

@Darrin

Quote:

Darrin wrote:
No, the main problem is C-USA have behaved like dicks, continue to behave like dicks and will continue to behave like dicks. They lie, insult and threaten at will.

Nobody cares that they're selling a PC product. Honestly, good luck to them because they're going to need it. It is their ethics (or lack of) that causes the issues.

It is that simple.

Unlike the calm, rational and well considered Amiga userbase and businesses, such as they are? "Go die in a fire" anyone?

Darrin 
Posted on 27-Jun-2011 0:05:56
#110 ]
Team Member

@TheDungeonDelver

Sorry, but someone using a "go die in a fire" isn't quite down to the depths of a lying, cheating, abusive CEO.

I know you like to ignore these things, but some guy making one rash remark doesn't let C-USA off the hook when they have a legacy of wrong-doing.

Is there any reason why you continue to ignore the antics of C-USA? Free C64x in the mail by any chance?

Darrin 
Posted on 27-Jun-2011 0:07:34
#111 ]
Team Member

@Seblam

27 posts... Hmm...

What's your role in C-USA?

retro 
Posted on 27-Jun-2011 0:44:49
#112 ]

Seblam dont be disrespekting hyperion. os 4.x is amiga os just further developt on ppc. and nooo its not just a two mans job.

the new c64 is nothing to the real c64. its a pc, i could see the fanzy and funny iff there had got all the rights from tullip and was in posision of the old ship. and was selleing the phoniex version and then used the c64 pics to promote it...
there dont suport the current amiga communaty not the amiga ng or the amiga classic.

iff there trow in money for delveopers for amiga os 4.x then i will suport them,
i dont think any of there employers will even buy the x1000 but then agen. it very expensive,and with an relative old cpu for the money.
but a new line of high end cpus is comming. soo wee will get the power back some day

Daedalus 
Posted on 27-Jun-2011 0:48:29
#113 ]

@eXec

Quote:

eXec wrote:

For some people it is just a PC ,

Eh, it is just a PC. That's a fact.

Quote:
for me it is a logical and
evolving path of the current mainstream desktop computers. Some people
are sadly refusing to realize that today we live in 2011...

And there's the thing. What CUSA are proposing is not "evolution", for it to be evolution it would have to be based on the previous generation (the current Amiga-like machines if you like), with improvements. That's what evolution is. Starting from scratch is not evolution. It's a totally unrelated product. It's a PC running Linux with an emulator. I already have one of those, and I still, after all your preaching, simply cannot understand how you can possibly become so obsessed with something so uninteresting, especially since it has just as much in common with a real Amiga as those dodgy Chinese tablets being produced with the Amiga name on them. That is, just the name sticker.

Rob 
Posted on 27-Jun-2011 1:19:05
#114 ]
Elite Member

@resle

There doesn't seem to be much animosity towards IContain.

eXec 
Posted on 27-Jun-2011 1:57:21
#115 ]
Cult Member

@TheDaddy

Quote:

TheDaddy wrote:
@eXec

>>Vox and Daddy, there are just few

You sir, need to go back on your medications. What other arguments do you need?

Laughable!

It was ment on the beginning , when CUSA appeared. You were among very
first ones who launched a crusade war onto them. Don`t act me here now
that angel looked face.

sundown 
Posted on 27-Jun-2011 2:50:07
#116 ]
Elite Member

@eXec

Funny thing about a war, the other guy always starts it.

But we know c=usa & its supporters started this one...

TheDungeonDelver 
Posted on 27-Jun-2011 4:25:06
#117 ]
Cult Member

@Darrin

Oh god you amigoid...get back on your meds. "Free C64x"?

The only thing I get out of this is laughing at the people who've turned the Amiga into a high holy religion and use terms like "dishonoring the memory of" in reference to old, mostly dead electronics. It's a hoot.

Now I've got you banging the rocks together to tap out a message straight outta an X-Files fanfic!

sundown 
Posted on 27-Jun-2011 5:22:55
#118 ]
Elite Member

@TheDungeonDelver

Quote:
Now I've got you banging the rocks together to tap out a message straight outta an X-Files fanfic!

If he's a Monty Python fan, he'll be using 2 coconuts...

TheDaddy 
Posted on 27-Jun-2011 7:36:10
#119 ]
Elite Member

@eXec

>>You were among very first ones who launched a crusade war onto them.

That is not true, why are you allowed to talk when all you say is rubbish?

Go back and read (can you do that?) the threads here and over at amiga.org and you'll see that I didn't say anything against CUSA for a long time, for months.

CUSA even contacted me about the X500 in August 2010 through their CTO Leo aka BigBentheAussie.

So I was not the first one to "attack" like you say, if anything I only started a month ago when CUSA and its supporters' behaviour started getting on my nerves with unfounded accusations, fake photos and derogatory comments that should have been stopped.

Oh by the way there is also no "crusade" but I will start one if lies, threats and abusive behaviour is used against honest people.

You get your FACTS right before wasting your breath.

Thom_Holwerda 
Posted on 27-Jun-2011 7:54:15
#120 ]

@Seblam

Quote:
It's business, that's it.

Strange perception of what "business" is, you have.

I run my own business. Two, in fact. I have never once threatened someone with legak action because of legitimate criticism. I have never once stole other people's works and claimed it as my own. I have never made false statements about photohraphs and the like. I have never started a smear campaign against anyone, making websites about that person, and discriminating against the homosexual community.

You are of course free to like and buy whatever the heck you want, but don't claim any of the above is just business - for normal, non-crazy people, it's just called being a dick.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle