Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
12 crawler(s) on-line.
 153 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

matthey

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 matthey:  1 secs ago
 kolla:  8 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 19 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  1 hr 21 mins ago
 pixie:  1 hr 42 mins ago
 BigD:  3 hrs 1 min ago
 AndreasM:  3 hrs 44 mins ago
 zipper:  3 hrs 52 mins ago
 OlafS25:  4 hrs 17 mins ago
 Swisso:  4 hrs 21 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Software
      /  request for update: aladdin v6.0 and project metropolis
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
PosterThread
Leo 
Re: request for update: aladdin v6.0 and project metropolis
Posted on 21-Jul-2011 14:04:40
#41 ]

@DiscreetFX: seems like you have to look closer...

=> these 2 files are infected for example:

http://www.discreetfx.com/Scripts/AC_RunActiveContent.js (check the bottom)
http://www.discreetfx.com/SpryAssets/SpryEffects.js

And it took me 30secs to discover it while looking at your site source...

I'd recommend you to check most of your js/html/php-whatever server-side script you're using for more infected files. Clean them, and fix the hole responsible for the injection...

Using Unix doesn't prevent you from being hacked...

Last edited by Leo on 21-Jul-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Last edited by Leo on 21-Jul-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Last edited by Leo on 21-Jul-2011 at 02:07 PM.
Last edited by Leo on 21-Jul-2011 at 02:05 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
Rose 
Posted on 21-Jul-2011 14:37:55
#42 ]
Cult Member

@DiscreetFX

Quote:

DiscreetFX wrote:
@NutsAboutAmiga

You question is irrelevant. DiscreetFX.com is run on a Linux server and admined from a Mac OS X system. No way it could even get a Windows virus infection.

Hint. Upgrade your Apache from 1.3 -> 2.2 so you can get security patches made this decade and wont get owned by injection bugs.

DiscreetFX 
Posted on 21-Jul-2011 16:09:33
#43 ]
Elite Member

@Leo

Offending code removed, thanx again for your help.

TheDungeonDelver 
Posted on 21-Jul-2011 17:05:04
#44 ]
Cult Member

@DiscreetFX

If you guys were as ####ing elite as you claim to be you'd have never needed their help in the first place.

Pride goeth before the fall.

DiscreetFX 
Posted on 21-Jul-2011 17:10:35
#45 ]
Elite Member

@TheDungeonDelver

Thanx for the kind words. You have always been so nice to us.

cheesegrate 
Posted on 21-Jul-2011 21:24:15
#46 ]

@DiscreetFX

Why is Ted Gallion's name being removed from posts from amiga.org, Everyone knows he is the owner of amiga.org so why do you guys continue to try and hide it?There google should index this now along with moobunny :)

Last edited by cheesegrate on 21-Jul-2011 at 09:25 PM.

"Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!" - Monkey Island

klx300r 
Posted on 22-Jul-2011 0:53:32
#47 ]
Elite Member

@DiscreetFX

you guys must have an idea by now as to when at least a screen shot of the roughest Beta of Alladin V6 for AmigaOS can be posted here

mancave-ramblings
X1000 I BELIEVE

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 22-Jul-2011 9:47:34
#48 ]
Elite Member

@DiscreetFX

I don’t have any problems whit your site anymore, thanks.

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 22-Jul-2011 10:07:39
#49 ]
Elite Member

@DiscreetFX

And remember Linux/MacOS are not immune ageist script viruses, viruses that run VM’s like Java etc, an telnet or FTP session thats not encrypted is a easy way in to your system, also sunRPC is daggers security hole, also brute force password hacking is also access route, there are most likely 100’s of ways hacker can get in to your system, that you have not yet imagined.

Zombi computers in your network might be looking for password or trying to attack some poor computer right now.

There are companies that go out of business because of computer viruses, (financial documents deleted, contract deleted, intellectual property etc.)

Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 22-Jul-2011 at 10:10 AM.

Rose 
Posted on 22-Jul-2011 13:44:00
#50 ]
Cult Member

@DiscreetFX

Seriously. With data from netcraft found 5 data injection vulnerabilities from various databases in 15 minutes. Or is this somekinda new anti MS campaing by giving box to distribute malware so you can moan how buggy Windows is?

eliyahu 
Posted on 22-Jul-2011 15:49:36
#51 ]

@DiscreetFX

it's been four days since the thread was started. have you received any news whatsoever from your developer at this point? is he/she on holiday?

@others

can anyone confirm they've seen any builds of aladdin 4D v.6.0 for testing or demonstration purposes yet? has it been shown at amiwest, or any of the amiga-related shows over the past few years? if you are a pre-order customer, has news of any kind been shared with you regarding the status of aladdin 4D v6.0? have any of you asked to back out of your order?

@thread

guys, this is not intended to attack bill in any way. it is a genuine request for information on progress on what is one of the few commercial amiga software developments left. if you aren't interested in acquiring aladdin 4D at some point, or haven't had business or contact with discreetFX, please refrain from posting ad hominem attacks.

or at least move them to a new thread.

-- eliyahu

kas1e 
Posted on 22-Jul-2011 15:54:41
#52 ]
Elite Member

@eliyahu

Quote:

guys, this is not intended to attack bill in any way. it is a genuine request for information on progress on what is one of the few commercial amiga software developments left. if you aren't interested in acquiring aladdin 4D at some point, or haven't had business or contact with discreetFX, please refrain from posting ad hominem attacks.

Ppls react like this, only because of *we*all*know*why*. If discretfx will make stuff good in last years , and not something like they do (include their crappy metropolis project, which was just as ####-way to sale one more copy of alladyn4, and not to make good think for users), then of course and users will reacts good.

Its not strange for you, that for all the thread, you see no normal single _REAL_ piece of info from them, not about aladdin, not about anything else ? Just only "corporate-kind" answers.

Its clear (for me) why most of us react like reacts.

eliyahu 
Posted on 22-Jul-2011 16:05:45
#53 ]

@kas1e

i get it. i really do. i'm just asking people to keep their commentary to themselves unless they have something newsworthy to share. there's plenty of opportunities on this board to bash and attack. let's not do it here.

this is an opportunity for them to finally, at long last, share something new with the community. people are already suggesting that aladdin 4D v6.0 is nothing more than a mockup created in xcode. let's allow them to refute that, to get people back on their side. bill has a long history with this community, and i really don't want it to end like this.

let's give him the opportunity to share something we all find helpful. i'm going to keep bumping this thread until we get an answer one way or the other. if it takes months to get a screenshot or an admission that the project is 'on hold,' then that's what i'll do. but i can't do it if this thread descends into pointless bashing.

fyi: this is my 500th post! it's been a fun fifteen months so far as a member of this online community. thanks for everything!

-- eliyahu

Last edited by eliyahu on 22-Jul-2011 at 04:09 PM.

number6 
Posted on 22-Jul-2011 16:15:06
#54 ]
Elite Member

@eliyahu

Quote:
fyi: this is my 500th post! it's been a fun fifteen months so far as a member of this online community. thanks for everything!

Problem is...500 posts makes you a cult member, and that's exactly the image we're trying to eliminate concerning Amiga. Heh.

DiscreetFX 
Posted on 22-Jul-2011 16:15:53
#55 ]
Elite Member

@eliyahu

Rich from Amiga Round Table has a beta of Aladdin 4D 6.0 so you can check with him on it. In fact if you have a machine running Mac OS X you might be able to convince me to send you a beta. Aladdin 4D 6.0 does exist, thousands and thousands of hours and dollars have been spent in it's development. Armchair Guessers that don't understand the complexity of developing 3D software can make assumptions but that does not change the facts.

No one wants Aladdin 4D 6.0 to ship more than me and it will ship. Good news shortly on that front.

eliyahu 
Posted on 22-Jul-2011 16:22:32
#56 ]

@DiscreetFX

Quote:
Rich from Amiga Round Table has a beta of Aladdin 4D 6.0 so you can check with him on it. In fact if you have a machine running Mac OS X you might be able to convince me to send you a beta. Aladdin 4D 6.0 does exist, thousands and thousands of hours and dollars have been spent in it's development. Armchair Guessers that don't understand the complexity of developing 3D software can make assumptions but that does not change the facts.

No one wants Aladdin 4D 6.0 to ship more than me and it will ship. Good news shortly on that front.

splendid. i'm glad to hear that at least the OS X version is 'out there' for private testing purposes. perhaps we can get rich to spill his thoughts -- with your permission, of course -- on an upcoming episode of ART. unfortunately i do not either OS X or windows on any personal systems, only linux, solaris, openBSD, and OS4. and so my interest is primarily in the OS4 version.

i noticed yesterday a quick post over on the aladdin 4D blog about some 'upcoming news.' i hope it is an availability announcement of some sort.

sorry to keep pressing you on this, but, can we expect the OS X version to ship prior to any version for any of the amiga platforms? is aladdin 4D v6.0 still planned to be released for amiga platforms?

-- eliyahu

Leo 
Posted on 22-Jul-2011 16:27:50
#57 ]

@DiscreetFX

Quote:

Rich from Amiga Round Table has a beta of Aladdin 4D 6.0 so you can check with him on it. In fact if you have a machine running Mac OS X you might be able to convince me to send you a beta.

We already heard (and saw a screenshot) about the MacOSX version... I'm asking about OS4/MOS/AROS version...

DiscreetFX 
Posted on 22-Jul-2011 16:32:35
#58 ]
Elite Member

@eliyahu

Aladdin 4D 6.0 will be released on the following platforms.

http://aladdin4d.blogspot.com/2007/12/offical-press-release-detailing-aladdin.html

eliyahu 
Posted on 22-Jul-2011 16:45:33
#59 ]

@DiscreetFX

ok. so no change on supported platforms, then? i take it that there are also test builds for OS4 and the other amiga platforms?

could we get an updated, non-OS X screenshot? pretty please?

remember, the only reason we're doing this is because we -- well, at least some of us -- want to buy a copy. think of it as a kind of viral marketing.

-- eliyahu

kas1e 
Posted on 22-Jul-2011 20:45:49
#60 ]
Elite Member

@DiscreetFX
Quote:

That just awesome :) Did you really not understand that we all ask about AOS4 (or at last mos/aros , but amiga related) version ? No one there have any kind of interest about macos version.

Quote:

Please, if you make such points, can you add that "ship for AOS4/MOS/AROS more than me" ? Because "just ship" (for macos) - its just absolutly un-interesting for any active amiga user here.

@elihau
Quote:

could we get an updated, non-OS X screenshot? pretty please?

Choice the answer which you like:

-- total silence (no answer at all)
-- we will contact with our DiscretFX Development Labs TM C R Inc Co.
-- we will make new update soon (as in last 2 years).

But , in reality, i think that there is just no aos4/mos/aros version at all. If Aladdin6 are not SDL based, that will mean that there will be no "easy" porting from macos, and then, only macos version will out, with words "soon to be ported, but buy a macos version, so you will have a discount for amigaos version".

If code are plain OpenGL/Glut/anything else to be fully cross-platform, then, knowing how bad situiation with current opengl, i think we not need to bother about at all.

DiscretFx, can you without "contact with DiscritFX development labs team co inc r tm", say us, how code of alladin6 done ? Sdl ? Opengl ? Just plain macos version with macos apis ?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle