Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
12 crawler(s) on-line.
 124 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

cdimauro

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 cdimauro:  1 min ago
 retrofaza:  29 mins ago
 agami:  1 hr 37 mins ago
 Hypex:  1 hr 43 mins ago
 Hammer:  1 hr 44 mins ago
 Seiya:  4 hrs 32 mins ago
 matthey:  4 hrs 53 mins ago
 Rob:  6 hrs 4 mins ago
 vox:  6 hrs 8 mins ago
 kolla:  7 hrs 2 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Bounties
      /  Perception IME + Polymorph VM bounties...
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
Trixie 
Re: Perception IME + Polymorph VM bounties...
Posted on 7-Dec-2016 8:11:23
#121 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@fishy_fis

Quote:
I wouldn't mind an a1x5000 if others are willing to pay for it.

Sadly, the belxjander story is not the only one. Remember the guy who got an A1-500 in a bounty, only to present a set of Workbench backdrops apparently made in Photoshop on his PC?

AmigaOne X5000/020 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition

Profile     Report this post  
Samurai_Crow 
Posted on 7-Dec-2016 12:10:25
#122 ]
Elite Member

@resle

Quote:

resle wrote:
polymorph is coming in may 2017 on arix, for natami.

I wouldn't write off the NatAmi yet. The Apollo team is coming out with Vampire accelerators now with promise of a stand-alone board once the SuperAGA chipset core is ready. The Apollo team is a split-off of the original NatAmi team and the stand-alone may still be called NatAmi when it comes out.

Likewise, Belxjander's original post one in this thread has "Google Code" links that point to GitHub projects that may or may not have come to anything. I don't get along well with Belxjander as a person but he has ambitions for coding that I can't deny. He wrote more than I did on something as ambitious as a universal JIT backend. He explained what he was trying to do but it sounded memory hungry to me so I didn't help him with it. I don't recall if he asked for my help in the first place.

BSzili 
Posted on 7-Dec-2016 12:34:15
#123 ]

@Samurai_Crow

His Github repos contain mostly boilerplate. People should have listened to kas1e and fishy_fis.

wawa 
Posted on 7-Dec-2016 14:34:49
#124 ]
Elite Member

@fishy_fis

Quote:
We (myself and kas1e) didn't warn people that they'd be throwing their money for no reason.

have there even been fools who had thrown money into it? dont remember. this topic completely went under for me, there was too much of the kind. guess, these people will never learn.

@trixie

Quote:
Sadly, the belxjander story is not the only one. Remember the guy who got an A1-500 in a bounty, only to present a set of Workbench backdrops apparently made in Photoshop on his PC?

yeah, this was also fun. strangely, kas1e supported him.

@resle

Quote:

arix took no money, except what tim invested. yes, it hasnt been up to hype, but it was shown working, unlike "anubis".

natami itself is a successful private project, has been shown around even lately. its what its been meant to be, unlike what others like gunnar wanted it to become. but they have found more appropriate options.

so no match for "polymorph" here. btw, the guy shows up occasionally on aros ml with a comment. luckily he doesnt seem to have commit access. guess, he is still around.

Rose 
Posted on 7-Dec-2016 14:46:45
#125 ]
Cult Member

@resle

Quote:

resle wrote:

But will it be able to run Spotify for OS4? (which also got donated hardware)

wawa 
Posted on 7-Dec-2016 15:09:33
#126 ]
Elite Member

@Rose

Quote:
But will it be able to run Spotify for OS4? (which also got donated hardware)

now, they really went under, to never show up again. must be genuinely a huge disappointment for themselves.. the more curious as they were actually working in the area. how could they expect, some beers in a bar will buy them a software client from a mainstream company.

kas1e 
Posted on 7-Dec-2016 18:12:41
#127 ]
Elite Member

@wawa
Quote:

strangely, kas1e supported him.

Back in years when i have my old a1200 , he (djNick) doing a lot of gfx work of all kinds, and i like his style (it was kind of graphics demosceners do in that times, and he anyway doing graphics for demos too). So, knowing what he do in past (not just talking about what he will do), i was in interest to atract person who use amiga back in past and love it. I.e attract him again to our dead platform.

And i (and i think we all) know, that no one in sane mind want to use amigas for real. I.e. its not THEY should have reassons to join our dead club. But its WE should attract them. Programmers, designers, anyone else, with giving free machines, with paying their bills and whatever. May sounds crazy for diehards, but such a life :)

We live in real word, and know how costy graphics designers are. And buing him what it was , 1thousand ? It was nothing, if only, i didn't overoptimistic he's wishes to understand how to use current amigas (and they, to say truth, not user friendly in many aspects, dates, and just unintuitive after win7 for example). He tried to do something, found that its all need to dig in, understand all shit, and just after give it to shit. Probably he should donate machine to someone productive, but .. but where any productive devs are , who didn't have already machine he want ?:)

In others words, deal with him and Belxander (who pure insane), "a bit" different :) Through, i agree, i was in hope djnick will be happy and will do lot of new (even photoshoped) but amiga related stuff, which we all can use in all different projects. Such a live :)

I still think it was worth of try. It wasn't first time i support ppls for machine donating, and all times it was worth of try. Sadly djnick give up and didn't follow new way of all that amigas , which he just can't like anymore, as it indeed pretty different with how it was on a1200 20 yeas ago :)

Last edited by kas1e on 07-Dec-2016 at 06:20 PM.
Last edited by kas1e on 07-Dec-2016 at 06:17 PM.

wawa 
Posted on 7-Dec-2016 18:53:28
#128 ]
Elite Member

@kas1e

no blame ;)

for one, you pulled or helped to pull many things that became something, also, djnick actually delivered a bit, if not so much as actually justify the support he received.

yeah, it was a bit too idealistic to try to attract the people that way. i actually consider it close to "birbe". imho doint something like that, one is mostly fooling himself, while the "birbed" person, amused at how much attention he can get for nothing, may never intend to seriously bother with what is expected of them.

the situation i imagine such "birbe" may be succesful is only, when it is an additional motivation and the person has their fun with the given platform nevertheless. as usual, we can see some examples of such behaviour among apollo customership, where people start to be creative even by themselves, but may have been delivered a board out of turn, because they have promissed some contribution.

however hardcore demosceners arew likely to refuse pimped up 68k compatible hardware as much as ppc. ;)

Last edited by wawa on 07-Dec-2016 at 06:53 PM.

OneTimer1 
Posted on 7-Dec-2016 22:39:48
#129 ]
Cult Member

@resle

Quote:

resle wrote:

Are you talking about this Arix: http://www.arixfoundation.com/ and this Natami http://www.natami-news.de/html/overview_natami.html ?

Well I'm fearing some people will take it serious, making some kind of myth out of it.

wawa 
Posted on 7-Dec-2016 22:44:37
#130 ]
Elite Member

@OneTimer1

Quote:
Well I'm fearing some people will take it serious, making some kind of myth out of it.

no doubt. but thats their issue. it may be that these projects were over ambitious or taken to seriously but i don not see that these projects have been trying to collect any kind of funds, so i dont see how they are to be accused of any kind of scam.

OneTimer1 
Posted on 7-Dec-2016 23:01:15
#131 ]
Cult Member

@wawa

Quote:

so i dont see how they are to be accused of any kind of scam.

It's like medicine that doesn't help, it keeps people away from looking for a real cure. Disappointments will drive people away from the Amiga and prevent them from supporting (buying) existing products.

Or in Amiga terms.

Don't count on over ambitious projects.

Support projects with a clear, simple and understandable ideas.

Examples:
Ports of existing software
Check dependencies and see what people with more experience have to say.

Hardware projects as improvements of existing projects
Hardware projects that are based on existing projects are easier to be done than fancy developments basing on hot air.

Open Source
Open Source Soft or Hardware does not vanish with their developers.

----------------

A Natami based on the Minimig Sources could have been available for over 3 years, well it would miss a fancy high speed Copper or a the last Apollo core ...

A AOS4 MOS hardware, developed with money from 'the community' ...

Well, wasted dreams.

Last edited by OneTimer1 on 07-Dec-2016 at 11:02 PM.

wawa 
Posted on 7-Dec-2016 23:19:03
#132 ]
Elite Member

@OneTimer1

Quote:
Don't count on over ambitious projects.

i didnt count on arix much. if natami forum were still accessible, you might find my posts, proposing to do an accelerator first instead of standalone system, exactly as it is simpler easier project, that allows to establish a viable reference in a realistic perspective. i have been proven 100% right..

terminills 
Posted on 8-Dec-2016 1:57:20
#133 ]
AROS Core Developer

@OneTimer1

For the record arix source is publicly available in the AROS git clone and always has been. It merely hasn't been updated in quite a while(seems like forever actually).

Last edited by terminills on 08-Dec-2016 at 02:07 AM.

"AROS is prolly illegal ~ Evert Carton" intentionally quoted out of context for dramatic effect

resle 
Posted on 8-Dec-2016 4:47:59
#134 ]
Cult Member

@resle

allow me to enjoy a bump of my original reply to the bounty, back in April 2012 - given I even got reported and scolded by moderators publicly for badmouthing and -demotivating- Belxwhatever.

Quote:

resle wrote:

fishy_fis 
Posted on 8-Dec-2016 8:35:07
#135 ]
Elite Member

@OneTimer1

The difference with ARIX is that it actually exists and has done for years.
They never asked for any money, and sometimes work done on ARIX benefits AROS.

Granted, the expected timeframe was overly ambitious, but there's been no harm done via that project.

Hang out in the #aros irc channel and you can see it's built daily.

BSzili 
Posted on 8-Dec-2016 13:05:00
#136 ]

@resle

Aha, gotcha! Because of your negativity beams the projects got nowhere!

Karlos 
Posted on 8-Dec-2016 14:50:23
#137 ]
Elite Member
From: As-sassin-aaate! As-sassin-aaate! Ooh! We forgot the ammunition!

@BSzili

Yeah, saw that. Last commit 5 months ago which seemed to be an arbitrary version bump. The code is, as you say, entirely headers and stubs.

Writing useable emulations (read performant enough to be useful) of real processors, much less platform interoperability layers, is no small task. I've written examples of both and although I suspected that things would turn out this way, I had hoped to be wrong about it.

Srtest 
Posted on 8-Dec-2016 17:25:33
#138 ]

http://forum.hyperion-entertainment.biz/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3328

wawa 
Posted on 8-Dec-2016 19:13:32
#139 ]
Elite Member

@Srtest

Quote:
http://forum.hyperion-entertainment.biz/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3328

yeah, thats the guy in his usual manner.

the trick is usually some combination of sofisticated and uplifted statements that nobody can be sure, what they mean, but suggest that the author is engaged, the project pretty advanced and that you might join in to help, but of course none can, beacuse even if they could none understands the approach in first place.

Last edited by wawa on 08-Dec-2016 at 07:19 PM.

kas1e 
Posted on 8-Dec-2016 20:54:51
#140 ]
Elite Member

@wawa

If only that .. Everything is facepalm!

Quote:

I believe Taiwanese is a branch of Chinese using "Hanzi" characters?

Like after _years_ of talking about, he didn't know what characters and where uses. Maybe he open wikepedia to check before posting, to looks like he know something about :) (i will be not surprised). Damn, _years_ talking , and know nothing ?:)

Quote:

I already have an initial "chinese.language" for Locale:Languages/

Now coming the hardest part. He know where language files placed ! Exactly directory ! A superman ?

Quote:

Any Unicode complete TrueType / OpenType font will have the font requirements( just any font is usually region limited and stripping the CJK sections entirely... Which IS a problem...).

What ? ok. There IS problem. Very big ! And he know in details about ! STRIPPING ENTIRELY.

Quote:

I'm still working on dealing with Chinese / Japanese and Korean IME rules so that the OS doesn't require radical changes.

Hard working man. Hours and hours spend. Tons of books of all kind parsed. Probably some important unsolvable problem here ! No one, but Belxkjhakhsd can fix it ! RADICAL CHANGES !
After i read that phrase, i want to add more words to fill unlogical parts : CRASH BURN DIE EARTH BLOW UP.

Quote:

I've been given a couple of roadmap "true/false" hints and am working through current limitations.

I.e. professor (Belxkjhasdkh) , sitting on the table, and some professors from NASA gving him ROADMAPS. Through, some of them suck , some not. And i should (i ! myself ! Bellksakjsad!) fix that crap ! I for years fix it ! (in my mind) Radicall changes not reuqret ! IME POLEMORPHEUS (morpheus ? maybe neo?)

Quote:

Twpatriot: Are you interested in testing and directing a developer with regards to Chinese/Taiwanese specific IME quirks?

DIRECTING A DEVELOPER. IME QUIRKS. RADICAL TAIWAN !

Quote:

Spektro: I'm going to need to catchup with Cyborg again I see... Thanks.

Yes, its hard to write mails. Usually, i need to spend year or two, to fnd out time to write single mail. Then, i need another 2 years, to read answer. Then, another 2 years for

I think , he doing meds or drugs. Or , it is very good and proffesional troll. Then hats off. But i fear it is for real.

Btw, and after all of this, i still don't get, what he say ?:))

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle