Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
8 crawler(s) on-line.
 149 guest(s) on-line.
 2 member(s) on-line.

pavlor,  VooDoo

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 pavlor:  3 mins ago
 VooDoo:  4 mins ago
 OldFart:  41 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 2 mins ago
 matthey:  1 hr 23 mins ago
 kolla:  2 hrs 36 mins ago
 michalsc:  2 hrs 46 mins ago
 amigang:  2 hrs 55 mins ago
 gryfon:  3 hrs 12 mins ago
 Rob:  3 hrs 51 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga Inc. offshoot
      /  Interesting!
Register To Post

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sicky 
Interesting!
Posted on 30-Jun-2012 10:40:13
#1 ]
Elite Member

Interesing reading!

CUSA

Last edited by sicky on 30-Jun-2012 at 12:42 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
opi 
Re: Interesting!
Posted on 30-Jun-2012 10:47:24
#2 ]
Team Member

@sicky

The Passion, The Anger, The Pointless Drama, Them Fighting Words.

I'm sorry but I find that running such sites is an ultimate declaration that you cry Tears of Impotent Rage. It is amusing for a while and then it takes a rapid nose dive into saddness.

Franko 
Posted on 30-Jun-2012 11:36:30
#3 ]
Elite Member

@opi

Quote:

opi wrote:
@sicky

The Passion, The Anger, The Pointless Drama, Them Fighting Words.

I'm sorry but I find that running such sites is an ultimate declaration that you cry Tears of Impotent Rage. It is amusing for a while and then it takes a rapid nose dive into saddness.

Only thing I find interesting here is, why has this thread not been shuffled off to the "secret" place where all other threads that mention CUSA get shuffled off into...

"Cry Tears Of Impotent Rage"... Bit rich that don't you think considering all Amiga forum sites have been doing exactly that for years now...

Guess the irony of your statement got a wee bit lost on you... eh...

PS: The "Dive into Sadness" bit applies here also as your post has just proven...

opi 
Posted on 30-Jun-2012 11:50:51
#4 ]
Team Member

@Franko

You're just proving my point by typing your usual wall of text. If only you and the other protesters would put this energy into good use.

Franko 
Posted on 30-Jun-2012 12:03:46
#5 ]
Elite Member

@opi

Quote:

opi wrote:
@Franko

You're just proving my point by typing your usual wall of text. If only you and the other protesters would put this energy into good use.

Wall of text !!! you must have a very short attention span if you consider four sentences as being a "Wall of text"...

Reckon that comes from using the internet & social media for so long that anything beyond one sentence is a wee bit too challenging and just too much to read, sorry for not keeping my posts to the bog standard "brain fart" size that is more simple to read for those with such problems...

Your point wasn't proven with my post as you can clearly see your original post was hardly something of "good use" nor was it anything other than having a childish dig at another member here... ie: Vox...

Perhaps you should follow your own advice and instead of having wee digs at other members expense and put your energy to good use doing something good for the Amiga, not much point in telling others what to do if you can't do it yourself...

PS: If that "wall of text" was too much to read, then just make up your reply as to what you think it said...

opi 
Posted on 30-Jun-2012 12:18:37
#6 ]
Team Member

@Franko

Quote:
Wall of text !!! you must have a very short attention span if you consider four sentences as being a "Wall of text"

Sure, you just have to ignore that I write quite a lot and right now there's around 240,000+ words I put into my articles and short stories that you can read once you learn yourself some Polish. That's 280 pages in a book form. I have no problem with long text, but you have to have reason for that. I prefer to keep it short and sweet. You take long time to communicate nothing.

When you criticize someone's work you don't make a statement about them, just their work. Get it? This blog is pointless and stupid. Does not mean that Vox is.

Last edited by opi on 30-Jun-2012 at 12:19 PM.

Rob 
Posted on 30-Jun-2012 13:47:57
#7 ]
Elite Member

@opi

I agree that this is a waste of bandwidth and Vox's time could be better spent than deriding CUSA. At the top off the site it says "Amiga Inc lost the OS in court" which is simply not true anyway.

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 30-Jun-2012 14:25:11
#8 ]
Elite Member

@Rob

Amiga Inc never really head it, as I understand it, at least not after H&P deal whet sour, Hyperion had to hunt down source code from Olaf Barthel.

The buyback agreement was invalid before it was written, if nothing else it made even clearer that Hyperion should be the ones in control of source code, as Amiga Inc were not able to give Hyperion something Amiga Inc did not have.

Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 30-Jun-2012 at 02:26 PM.

WolfToTheMoon 
Posted on 30-Jun-2012 14:27:56
#9 ]

@NutsAboutAmiga

but than Hyperion admits to A Inc ownership of OS 3.1 in the settlement... weird.

paolone 
Posted on 30-Jun-2012 14:31:04
#10 ]

Quote:

sicky wrote:
Interesing reading!

CUSA

I hardly remember a more pointless, sicker and sadder website. There's even the black list of eretic amigans: what should we do now, persecute them and cut their head off, when we meet 'em?

Frankly speaking, I guess some of you have become too much obsessed by the Amiga, by Commodore USA, by everything we talk here. I hereby suggest to shut immediately down the computer, go outside, look at the blue sky, take a deep breath, meet a woman and possibly get laid down with her. More times. Then, turn back the computer on and play Tetris.

itix 
Posted on 30-Jun-2012 14:36:45
#11 ]
Elite Member

It is better have dedicated website for this stuff than repeat it on forums to the point of nausea.

Definitely an improvement.

I give +1 to this web site.

Last edited by itix on 30-Jun-2012 at 02:38 PM.

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 30-Jun-2012 14:37:25
#12 ]
Elite Member

@WolfToTheMoon

But then Amiga Inc, basically gave all rights away by signing a buyback agreement, then Amiga Inc vas liquidated and KMOS owned it, there where people working for Amiga Inc that was not paid, it was clear that Amiga Inc did not even have cash to buy back the work from Hyperion, plus added value for all extra work put into the product.

Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 30-Jun-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 30-Jun-2012 at 02:38 PM.

Franko 
Posted on 30-Jun-2012 14:39:27
#13 ]
Elite Member

@opi

Quote:

opi wrote:
@Franko

Quote:
Wall of text !!! you must have a very short attention span if you consider four sentences as being a "Wall of text"

Sure, you just have to ignore that I write quite a lot and right now there's around 240,000+ words I put into my articles and short stories that you can read once you learn yourself some Polish. That's 280 pages in a book form. I have no problem with long text, but you have to have reason for that. I prefer to keep it short and sweet. You take long time to communicate nothing.

When you criticize someone's work you don't make a statement about them, just their work. Get it? This blog is pointless and stupid. Does not mean that Vox is.

Tried learning Polish off the Plumber that came to fix my shower last year, couldn't make head nor tail of what he was saying, think I'll stick to Scottish ta....

I've seen plenty of "long text" that had no rhyme or reason to it (won't mention any names or particular works) but there is no set rule that says someone has to have a "reason" for writing something (otherwise most mods would be out of a job)...

You say that when you criticise someones work you aren't making a statement about them, strange thing to say !!!

I know plenty of people whom if you criticised their work they would indeed take that as a statement being made about them and their ability to do something, which making a statement about anyones work actually is... Get It... good...-)

Thing is, whether you consider someones blog to be pointless and stupid is fine but it doesn't mean to say everyone else has to be of the same opinion as you...

What if I were to say "OS4 is pointless and stupid", by your way of thinking then that is fine for me to say so here, as I'm not criticising or making a statement about anyone and would be just expressing an opinion just like you have about the blog made by Vox...

At least now I know it's safe to "criticise" any "Work" here and it will not be claimed to be a personal attack or making a "statement" about someone as you have so kindly made clear...

damocles 
Posted on 30-Jun-2012 14:42:08
#14 ]

@opi

Shouldn't this be in the C=USA basement subboard?

Akiko 
Posted on 30-Jun-2012 14:46:35
#15 ]
Cult Member

Yes please.

CD32/ FMV Module

Franko 
Posted on 30-Jun-2012 14:47:06
#16 ]
Elite Member

@paolone

Quote:

paolone wrote:
Quote:

sicky wrote:
Interesing reading!

CUSA

I hardly remember a more pointless, sicker and sadder website.

Try these ones then...

The No 2 Most Pointless, Sickest & Saddest Website Ever In Amigaland...

The No 1 Most Pointless, Sickest & Saddest Website Ever In Amigaland...

opi 
Posted on 30-Jun-2012 15:46:06
#17 ]
Team Member

@damocles

Quote:
Shouldn't this be in the C=USA basement subboard?

Right. Done.

Rudei 
Posted on 1-Jul-2012 8:24:48
#18 ]
Elite Member

@Franko

Quote:
Tried learning Polish off the Plumber that came to fix my shower last year, couldn't make head nor tail of what he was saying, think I'll stick to Scottish ta.... 

Hate to break it to you buddy, but unless you're speaking Gaelic, the language you are actually referring to is 'English'

Rude!

resle 
Posted on 1-Jul-2012 9:42:51
#19 ]
Cult Member

@Vox

By the way, Vox could you please send me a FOURTH COPY of the PM where you invite me to visit the OP's website? I am not entirely sure the first three were enough. Thanks!

Franko 
Posted on 1-Jul-2012 13:07:26
#20 ]
Elite Member

@Rudei

Quote:

Rudei wrote:
@Franko

Hate to break it to you buddy, but unless you're speaking Gaelic, the language you are actually referring to is 'English'

Rude!

Nothing to break, you've only seen what I type and you aint actually heard me speak in my normal everyday Scottish, it's certainly not Gaelic and it sure as hell aint English...

Just ask anyone from south of the border whom I've ever spoken to in person...they usually say "I can't understand a word your saying" or "speak English"...

Scottish may not be recognised anywhere else as a language but I assure you it is up here...

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle