Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
19 crawler(s) on-line.
 118 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

agami

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 agami:  1 min ago
 Hammer:  7 mins ago
 Hypex:  18 mins ago
 Karlos:  20 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  26 mins ago
 Rob:  44 mins ago
 cdimauro:  1 hr 35 mins ago
 retrofaza:  2 hrs 3 mins ago
 Seiya:  6 hrs 6 mins ago
 matthey:  6 hrs 28 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Amiga.org is starting to become a joke
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Gws 
Re: Amiga.org is starting to become a joke
Posted on 4-Aug-2012 8:28:28
#41 ]

@OlafS25

Our community is so childish. Sometimes i feel shame...

Profile     Report this post  
Yssing 
Posted on 4-Aug-2012 8:54:00
#42 ]

So I didn't realise that more than one user was using the same profile. That can't be good for business.

ddni 
Posted on 4-Aug-2012 9:31:49
#43 ]
Cult Member

@Yssing

My thoughts...

Bill and Tedd are the same people on a bogus journey!

Wasn't a.org sold for $10000?
There is no way it would be GIVEN away because of a moronic post.
Quite simply it is Tedd"giving" something to himself in a ridiculous effort to appear to be falling on his sword.

Embarrassing.

stevieu 
Posted on 4-Aug-2012 9:38:27
#44 ]
Cult Member

@OlafS25

Starting?

There's really no substance at all to that site anymore... just inundated with a bunch of trolls feeding off their egos and ruining it for everyone (of course, there are decent people there too). Sad, really.

I feel much more at home here.

Steve

A1200 - OS3.1: Blizzard IV 030, 64mb ram, 400mb HDD

OS4.x - Flying the AMIGA flag

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 4-Aug-2012 10:46:28
#45 ]
Elite Member

@Yssing

Quote:

Yssing wrote:
So I didn't realise that more than one user was using the same profile. That can't be good for business.

No no no, Bill and Tedd is the same guy, but Freed has split personality

Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 04-Aug-2012 at 10:46 AM.

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 4-Aug-2012 11:11:36
#46 ]
Elite Member

@all

There is a new news item at Amiga.org

Quote:

Effective 12:00 CST time I'm retiring my post from Amiga.org. My tired old bones just can't keep up with this anymore. I'm not closing the site down but instead giving the site to Bill Panagouleas (Pyromania) as a gift. I hope this in some way makes up for his sadness and hurt over the Aladdin 4D deal. It was not my place to speak out in public about a matter that was discussed with me in private. I hope Deron can find it in his heart to work things out with Bill but if not it's my last wish that my gift of Amiga.org to Bill will restore his joy, enthusiasm and hope for a brighter future for Amiga, MorphOS & AROS. It was his idea to save Amiga.org in the first place, I was but a wallet that allowed it to happen. I hate long goodbyes so will keep this short.

Good luck Bill and enjoy my gift to you, please always keep your members happy. I have learned from my experience here and wish all members, mods and anyone I have missed the best. I have asked that this account be renamed to something else and will no longer post from it. Anyone needing to contact me for some reason can do so via e-mail.

Best wishes

- Tedd

I think Tedd is taking this too seriously.

Shufflepuck 
Posted on 4-Aug-2012 11:18:04
#47 ]
Cult Member

@Gws

Rant mode on.

Even if this is a niche or an-almost-non-existing-market I'm constantly amazed by this general lack of professionalism, I mean why on earth "they" act like big companies if they're on a shoestring budget and/or do not have human resources but at the same time come up with the usual "For Immediate Release:" or "Our Technical Team" BS, and then come up with all this butthurt and drama, infights and childish skirmishes.

As I see it this also applies to all remaining Amiga-entities with ACube's exception, as it seems they keep their feet on the ground. I'm stating the obvious, but what remains of the Amiga is a labour of love, it's not that the parties involved are making millions, so why act like bug guns without being able to do so.

There's no shame in being small, and I'm speaking about Hyperion as well here, look around there are hundreds of different ways to conduct a healthy niche business, even if it's your second or third job, jeez, seems to me these people are driving blindfolded and/or living in the past. If it's really a labour of love, show it.

Ever heard about social networks, crowdsourcing, community building, outsourcing, digital pr fo' Gawd's sake, and if you do not have anything to show at least be honest and open, at least you'll be respected more in the end. I'm sick and tired of all this, don't really understand the stance and logic the remaining Amiga parties have. Secrecy all around, a handful of people in charge that do not understand their remaining market/target, their community. It's a shipwreck more than anything else.

Rant mode off.

OlafS25 
Posted on 4-Aug-2012 11:23:54
#48 ]
Elite Member

@Shufflepuck

that is the reason why I have decided me for Opensource. For commercial operations the community is too small (expecially when it is splitted in small sub-camps). Commercial and closed source always mean risks that the OS is dropped from one day to another (whatever the reasons are) so only Opensource can secure future and long-term development.

OlafS25 
Posted on 4-Aug-2012 11:27:51
#49 ]
Elite Member

@NutsAboutAmiga

and regarding Tedd... I asked two or three times regarding a contract and got no answer. We all know for what the money was collected, they should publish the sub-contract he made with Deron (email or written contract). Then we could better decide what went wrong and who is to blame (or both). At the moment we have only heard that Deron took the money and cheated Tedd. That is a little thin.

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 4-Aug-2012 11:34:51
#50 ]
Elite Member

@OlafS25

Can't they sue Deron for not completing this contract, or did they pay him by the hour as day job?

Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 04-Aug-2012 at 11:35 AM.

Shufflepuck 
Posted on 4-Aug-2012 11:35:01
#51 ]
Cult Member

@OlafS25

We're on the same page

OT: After I sold my SAM (which I used once a month, being generous) I had the intention to get back to AmigaOS as soon as the Netbook was released (I travel a lot and at least I could have had an Amiga to carry around with me), but almost 1 year passed by and I'm getting skeptical it'll be released before I die (again, glad to be proven wrong).

I switch off my MacMini with MorphOS just to install the occasional update, so it's not getting much love either, and planning to give it to a friend.

With AROS I'm constantly tinkering with it, either on VirtualBox or native (yesterday I also received my Raspberry Pi so I'm anxiously waiting to try it hosted in the next few days), seems the AROS scene is much more active / reasonable and generally funnier.

Cheers,
SP

OlafS25 
Posted on 4-Aug-2012 11:59:34
#52 ]
Elite Member

@NutsAboutAmiga

we do not know... He could if there is a contract. Normally (what I know from my daily experience) you get either a contract with requirements (here f.e. update with a list of feature and versions for 68k and AOS and MorphOS) and fixed income or you are paid by hour (but only if you work at the customer with direct control).

And normally you get the money after work or at least only parts at the start and then in the middle and at the end. It is depending on the contract.

Last edited by OlafS25 on 04-Aug-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Last edited by OlafS25 on 04-Aug-2012 at 12:12 PM.

OlafS25 
Posted on 4-Aug-2012 12:05:41
#53 ]
Elite Member

@NutsAboutAmiga

And I cannot remember how the money collection happened but as far as I remember there was only DiscreetFX visible so from my personal view (I am not a legal expert) is DiscreetFX responsible to the people that gave their money (they even did not know who subcontracted it). Then Tedd/Bill or whoever thinks the people that want back their money have to get it from Deron I think he is wrong. Of course he could try to get it back from Deron then (if there is a contract he can proof and Deron violated again). But we all do not know how it happened and what agreements (and in which form) are there.

number6 
Posted on 4-Aug-2012 12:30:36
#54 ]
Elite Member

@Manu

Quote:
no one from DFX should be allowed
to post "anonymously" via their company account.

Hyperionmp is also a multiple use corporate account that never never ever gets a "signed" post. AW staff has written:

Quote:
Recall we came to the conclusion, if you really want to be taken seriously, put your name on the account, but it should not be mandatory.

Quote:
you loose a lot in credibility by not doing so.

source

If you apply that same policy Tomazkid mentioned then no multiple use corporate account is required to sign posts.
I have no idea if multiple use NON-corporate accounts are treated differently or corporate accounts used by employees.
For reference, Amiga Inc. employees (and I use that term loosely) had their own accounts here.

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 4-Aug-2012 12:47:09
#55 ]
Elite Member

@number6

Well it gets a bit hilarious when 3 or 4 people are arguing with each other using the same account.

I expect that the company account comments are things that has been agreed on before its posted, not some personal option.

If it some ones personal option it should be posted whit some ones personal account.

number6 
Posted on 4-Aug-2012 12:54:15
#56 ]
Elite Member

@NutsAboutAmiga

Quote:
I expect that the company account comments are things that has been agreed on before its posted, not some personal option.

That's not how the Discreetfx corporate account would be viewed though.
They both used the same account with the same disclaimer.

There is no disclaimer on the Hyperionmp corporate account. That's one difference.

Quote:
Opinions expressed here are not endorsed by or reflect corporate policy of DiscreetFX LLC

So, sadly this reads "This is our official corporate account for official statements, but pay no attention to it because it is not connected to the corporation in any way".

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 4-Aug-2012 13:28:31
#57 ]
Elite Member

@number6

Yes its pretty silly.

Framiga 
Posted on 4-Aug-2012 13:30:58
#58 ]
Elite Member

@ddni

Quote:

ddni wrote:
@Yssing

My thoughts...

Bill and Tedd are the same people on a bogus journey!

Wasn't a.org sold for $10000?
There is no way it would be GIVEN away because of a moronic post.
Quite simply it is Tedd"giving" something to himself in a ridiculous effort to appear to be falling on his sword.

Embarrassing.

i was wondering the same! does anybody knows "them" as 2 individuals, personally?

number6 
Posted on 4-Aug-2012 13:47:38
#59 ]
Elite Member

@Framiga

Quote:
i was wondering the same! does anybody knows "them" as 2 individuals, personally?

I imagine Rich Lawrence would know.
Here's the interview with @Transistion from AmigaRoundTable, which includes Bill Panagouleas.

http://www.amigaz.org/wp-content/uploads/audio/art/ART_20120129.mp3

cgutjahr 
Posted on 4-Aug-2012 15:24:15
#60 ]
Cult Member

@NutsAboutAmiga

Quote:

company

There is no "company", and there never was one. "DiscreetFX is just a label that Bill used to sell some selfmade VideoToaster-Fx collections from his bedroom. There is no "shipping" department, no "accounting", no "DiscreetFX labs". It's just Bill playing big business man.

Quote:

Can't they sue Deron for not completing this contract

Why in god's name should we care? The idea to update Aladdin was stupid in the beginning, it had become obvious years ago that it would never result in an Amiga related product and I couldn't care less whatever problems BillP and Deron are having with each other.

And if we really want to deal with this bullshit, BillP has to answer so many godsdamn questions himself (has slaapliedje's money been transferred already? What happened to the Amizilla money that was not paid back because people were never informed that the bounty was closed? Why make big announcements in March 2012 when you are (allegedly) already waiting for a reaction from Deron for six months?) that whatever Bill claims can't be taken serious anyway.

I just want this to end. If transition is truly gone (I'm not convinced yet) that's a start.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle