Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
19 crawler(s) on-line.
 124 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 OlafS25:  16 mins ago
 amigang:  21 mins ago
 Hypex:  33 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  3 hrs 57 mins ago
 amigakit:  5 hrs 30 mins ago
 Hammer:  6 hrs 20 mins ago
 Rob:  6 hrs 58 mins ago
 billt:  7 hrs 6 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  7 hrs 19 mins ago
 agami:  7 hrs 42 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Hardware
      /  Thank you AmigaKit
Register To Post

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Nagasakee 
Thank you AmigaKit
Posted on 15-Nov-2012 22:44:53
#1 ]

I just recently ordered my X1000 from Amigakit.

My original query expressing interest was months and months ago, back to the original "First Contact" batch. I sent followup emails every couple of months, sometimes getting a quick response, sometimes no response. I have to admit, I was pretty discouraged.

But just before AmiWest I was told I was near the top of the list, but with multiple "big" (relatively speaking) shows coming up, it would be a week or two before AmigaKit could address my system, if I still wanted it.

At the very end of October I was told that my place in queue was next and that I could place my order after configuring it. I did so and placed the order.

The thing I was amazed at, after months of waiting with honestly little communication, unless self-initiated, was how well the communication went once the ordering process had started.

I got "Pending" status emails, "Picked" status, and a variety of other status messages over just a few days. Then I got the shipped email, with FedEx tracking numbers, and an expected delivery of only four days later to Cape Cod Massachusetts, where I live.

The order arrived a few hours early and I set it up. That the X1000 is the best Amiga I've had (and I've owned several 1000's, 3000's a 2500. a 2000 and a 4000...) is frankly a given. I got AmiCygnix and associated apps set up, ran games in RunInUAE, and started loading some adf files. A good experience, even if I hadn't really used an Amiga for many years. But other X1000 owners have covered their joy (and some frustrations of course) with their new computers.

So why this post?

I just wanted to publicly thank AmigaKit. I'm in IT for my job, a CIO, and have been for about 15 years now. I routinely expect professionalism and a high standard of communication from the vendors I deal with. I like ITIL level support :)

But I never expected really good service and (in my case, needed...)support from an Amiga vendor; certainly nothing highly professional, rather something more akin to hobby-level computing. I was wrong.

Whether you love, like or hate the X1000, it doesn't matter in this post. What matters is that we have a really good vendor, and I am shocked that we do. Thank you AmigaKit.

So I placed a couple more orders :)

Profile     Report this post  
Moxee 
Re: Thank you AmigaKit
Posted on 15-Nov-2012 22:52:14
#2 ]
Team Member

@Nagasakee

I completely agree with you about Amigakit. They have been terrific in a couple of orders I have placed over the years. I can't sing their praises enough.

I am sure you saw how well they packed your X1000. They are top drawer in my book!

Last edited by Moxee on 15-Nov-2012 at 10:53 PM.

I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

noXLar 
Posted on 15-Nov-2012 22:54:16
#3 ]
Cult Member

@Nagasakee

totally agree. I have ordered many Amiga parts from AmigaKit and am very happy with the service ..
very glad they are still there for us amiga people

Rob 
Posted on 15-Nov-2012 23:01:44
#4 ]
Elite Member

@Nagasakee

Glad to hear you've got your X1000 and are enjoying it.

AmigaKit is Matt, Dave and Chis' day job and I think they are the only full time Amiga only dealer today.

scabit 
Posted on 16-Nov-2012 0:16:25
#5 ]

@Nagasakee

Quote:
So I placed a couple more orders :)

Oh good...don't forget that's Lawrenceburg Tennessee where they can ship me an X1000!

Oh well, I can dream.....

Scott

natamix 
Posted on 16-Nov-2012 0:29:50
#6 ]

@Nagasakee

Well, after paying 3000 EU. (I'm not sure $) do not think it necessary also to thank.

broadblues 
Posted on 16-Nov-2012 0:51:54
#7 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@natamix

I'm proud of myself that I resisted the urge to earn my first abuse report...

What is it with people?

Moxee 
Posted on 16-Nov-2012 2:05:44
#8 ]
Team Member

@broadblues

I don't think natamix meant it as rude as it reads. I understand your feelings though since there are many who like to rain on anyone's parade. This time I think the comment is innocent.

Last edited by Moxee on 16-Nov-2012 at 02:08 AM.

Kicko 
Posted on 16-Nov-2012 7:07:57
#9 ]
Elite Member

@Nagasakee

Good to hear theres one more X1000 user :) I got it in first batch and enjoyed it so far. AmigaKit is a good store, i bought amigaos 4.x from them before.

amigadave 
Posted on 16-Nov-2012 7:59:37
#10 ]

@Moxee

Quote:

Moxee wrote:
@broadblues

I don't think natamix meant it as rude as it reads. I understand your feelings though since there are many who like to rain on anyone's parade. This time I think the comment is innocent.

You are a kind and trusting soul Moxee, who almost always gives members the benefit of doubt. I like that about you, but I am not as kind and forgiving. I also have seen too much bad intentioned posting on Amiga forums to believe that natamix post was innocent, so I see it the same way that broadblues probably did.

I am not knocking your opinion of the post, or anything really, just pointing out a difference of opinion about that particular post and how I see it differently, which even if it was meant to have a malicious intent, it was not bad enough to warrant any action that I could see, unless we wanted to ask natamix to turn down the negativity and off topic comments in his posts. I don't think this thread is about the cost of an X1000 computer (which should be about $3,000 US Dollars, not 3,000 Euros).

I have said it before, AmigaKit is a GREAT asset to our community and they provide the best customer service of any company I have ever dealt with. They are the kind of company I would love to work for. They are passionate about what they do and are users of the Amiga gear that they sell and service.

natamix 
Posted on 16-Nov-2012 8:22:36
#11 ]

Wing! deleted thread, not bothering anyone.
Are you wrong with my thoughts.
I do not seek any first abuse report although not quite understand what he says broadblues.

As you delete my comment? I give to cancel but still there

Last edited by natamix on 16-Nov-2012 at 08:27 AM.

TrevorDick 
Posted on 16-Nov-2012 11:40:02
#12 ]
Elite Member

I totally agree. I thank Matthew and AmigaKit for getting back involved with the Amiga scene around 6/7 years ago,

They build my first A1-XE/AmigaOS4 and Pegasos II/MorphOS systems plus my Multi-Booting Classic Amiga tower.......... and my AmigaONE X1000

Next will be my...........

TrevorD

Phantom 
Posted on 16-Nov-2012 12:23:55
#13 ]
Elite Member

Quote:

TrevorDick wrote:

TrevorD

.... AmigaOS netbook.... Say it...

raumfahre 
Posted on 16-Nov-2012 14:18:52
#14 ]

@TrevorDick
Quote:

AmigaONE X1200 with Cyrus motherboard ?

Bugala 
Posted on 16-Nov-2012 16:38:03
#15 ]
Cult Member

...AmigaX1001 with Fluffy mouse and Furry keyboard?

Last edited by Bugala on 16-Nov-2012 at 04:38 PM.

Toaks 
Posted on 16-Nov-2012 19:08:50
#16 ]
Elite Member

@Nagasakee

AmigaKit has always been a great shop indeed, i would shop there more often if there was anything to shop if you know what i mean...

Last item i bought there was the SDcard "harddrive" thing for my 1200 aswell as a years subscription of AmigaFuture which ran out this month .

i have a huge order from them too but i am still waiting but hey i can be a very patient man .

if i get good service i also return and that is even if the shop is expensive...

natamix 
Posted on 16-Nov-2012 20:27:19
#17 ]

@broadblues
@Moxee
@amigadave
@etc

In a post of mine in which only asked for a technical problem for a Amiga modding a tower, I received a comment something derogatory about visual tastes and also was off topic. (I did not see anyone reprimand him)

I negativity and malice toward X1000/OS4/Amigakit?
Oh, you are confused, it's the opposite, if anyone bothers to look at my first post and the reason I registered here ...
If you knew the discussions I've had in my country to defend the X1000 and OS4 ppc... but who cares.

I also think it is important to support the community for Amigakit, and a great store. I just thought that if you pay no need to thank also (and includes service and good treatment)
that not always pink everything.

By the way, I wrote a message from amigaworld to amigakit to ask for services of the repair .. I have not heard back, but no matter, already discovered how to fix it.

I apologize for my comments and stick your nose into other people's business.. (And my English antique) sorry

Glad you are near a new system OS4, this if I can buy it if not an exorbitant price

Finally
Please let an administrator cancel my account permanently
So avoid the temptation to write something here (I would not return to heavy registration process)

goodbye.

Nagasakee 
Posted on 16-Nov-2012 23:21:24
#18 ]

@natamix

Sometimes it seeems that innocuous threads turn down the wrong road. I think that may have happened here. As the original poster I wanted to briefly add something to you Natamix.

First, I don't take any offense at what you said. I understand English is not your primary language and like anyone typing in a second language, we native English speakers must understand that nuances are often misunderstood.

Saying that, please let me be plain: please don't quit AmigaWorld.

There are so few of us, it would be a shame to lose a user, either AROS, Morphos, OS4 or classic.

I see that many threads get derailed here simply because we are passionate about the concept of Amiga. In most cases that concept is strictly personal...mine doesn't match yours. It certianly doesn't make mine better than yours, or yours better than mine.

We are such a small and fragmented society here...and on the other sites too...that we cannot take for granted a single contributing user. You are of value, each of us is...whether we overspend on hardware or not :)

So as the OP that only wanted to give kudos to AmigaKit (and Trevor and Hyperion too), let me ask that we all take a deep breath and that you stay here.

I would be in your debt if you would.

kirka 
Posted on 17-Nov-2012 0:10:39
#19 ]

@Nagasakee

Congratulations on your purchase. Nice to see a X1000 in Massachusetts.

Kirka

Last edited by kirka on 17-Nov-2012 at 12:12 AM.

Moxee 
Posted on 17-Nov-2012 0:32:23
#20 ]
Team Member

@natamix

Quote:

natamix wrote:
@broadblues
@Moxee
@amigadave
@etc

But I was on sticking up for you.

Quote:

In a post of mine in which only asked for a technical problem for a Amiga modding a tower, I received a comment something derogatory about visual tastes and also was off topic. (I did not see anyone reprimand him)

Did you file a complaint? That would have brought the affair to our attention. I never saw a complaint about that which you speak. It is not possible for the staff here to read every single post in every thread. We depend on the members to point us to possible offenses.

Quote:

I apologize for my comments and stick your nose into other people's business.. (And my English antique) sorry

I don't think you did anything to apologize for.

Quote:

Finally
Please let an administrator cancel my account permanently
So avoid the temptation to write something here (I would not return to heavy registration process)

goodbye.

There is no need to feel this way. It was a simple misunderstanding. These things happen quite frequently on a site where people of different native languages discuss things.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle