Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
12 crawler(s) on-line.
 151 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Hypex:  6 mins ago
 Gunnar:  11 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  23 mins ago
 saimo:  33 mins ago
 amigakit:  51 mins ago
 OldFart:  52 mins ago
 _ThEcRoW:  1 hr 11 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  1 hr 39 mins ago
 retrofaza:  1 hr 39 mins ago
 Rob:  1 hr 40 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /   Nibiru, what if ? - Part 3
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lou 
Re: Nibiru, what if ? - Part 3
Posted on 1-Apr-2013 16:47:00
#361 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
Nice try Mr. Twist.
You assume much yet know little. I guess workers can't be migrated in your world. Also, the first version couldn't reproduce. BTW, the "migration out of Africa" is just a general term for when population counts became significant, Mr. KnowItAll.

Of course workers can be migrated. If you take Stichin's documents as gospel it even gives the years of the migrations, that's the point of the bolded text. And it tells us the population starts becoming significant because they 'multiply'. What I read is that Stichin thinks he means breed not doing higher level math.

Quote:
The only tail you see in the sky is the ion tale which always faces away from the sun no matter the path of the comet

Your picture could also be an artifact.
Instead of virtual vomited guesses do you have anything remotely demonstrateable that you're on the right course here.

Quote:
Thus clearly you aren't too bright. A perfectly straight line in space would appear curved to an observer on earth. Perhaps you should look up the term "perspective"...?
Did you notice your response? First you insult then you virtual vomit another guess you pulled out of your ass.

For benefit of doubt let's say you got lucky and got this right. There's two lines one straight and one curved. They're a few meters apart. The closest Hale-Bopp was to earth was on 3/22/97 at 1.315 AUs. A few meters is going to make the perspective the same as both objects. So if the curved object is really perspective problem of a straight object then the opposite is true. The straight object is really a perspective problem of a curved object. That's why the two objects look different even though the perspective is 99.999% the same. It's because the objects really are different.

If you make a guess at least make one that helps your cause and isn't a silly time waster like this one was.

Quote:
What's amazing is you accuse me of stating "postulates" when you virtually vomit them at me like they are facts.
I'm in full agreement with you here. The problem is clearly mine that I take anything you say as having semi-validity and any sort serious merit.

The fact is your claim "The only tail you see in the sky is the ion tale which always faces away from the sun no matter the path of the comet. " is a lie.

Your picture could be the lie.
The video I showed you about comets with includes ACTUAL footage shows 1 tail always pointing away from the sun. You have nothing but conjecture.

Profile     Report this post  
Lou 
Posted on 1-Apr-2013 16:49:08
#362 ]
Elite Member

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn23318-gravityless-toy-black-hole-solves-cosmic-puzzles.html?cmpid=NLC|NSNS|2013-0104-GLOBAL|dn23318&utm_medium=NLC&utm_source=NSNS&utm_content=dn23318

http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/~schmuel/2phys.html

Gravity as an emergent force (aka side-effect)...who would have thunk it?

Last edited by Lou on 01-Apr-2013 at 04:49 PM.

BrianK 
Posted on 1-Apr-2013 17:11:20
#363 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Quote:
BrianK: The fact is your claim "The only tail you see in the sky is the ion tale which always faces away from the sun no matter the path of the comet. " is a lie.

The video I showed you about comets with includes ACTUAL footage shows 1 tail always pointing away from the sun. You have nothing but conjecture.

Alas you go from supposing something that perhaps might be maybe, show nothing, and assume your guess is the fact. Being this has been your posts throughout the thread I'm not too surprised. But hey it's April 1 so good joke of a post!

BrianK 
Posted on 1-Apr-2013 19:09:48
#364 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Gravity as an emergent force (aka side-effect)...who would have thunk it?
"It's only a model" - Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

I'd go into a long description of how this is an untested mathematical model but, you seem to not get saying something is not the same as that thing being true. I can explain but I can't make you think.

Oh look they found your Unicorn

Last edited by BrianK on 01-Apr-2013 at 07:10 PM.

Nimrod 
Posted on 1-Apr-2013 19:55:23
#365 ]

@Lou

Quote:
The definition of insanity is repeating the same steps and expecting different results
This is true, so why do you keep posting trash and expect me to refrain from trashing your post. Can I suggest that before hitting the [Submit] key, you do what you know very well that I will do, and investigate

Quote:
This is a repeat of the feeble and pathetic excuse that you resorted to over the matter of the JFK assassination, when you linked one blurred frame from the Zapruder film to "prove" that the driver did it. I linked the previous and next frames of the same cine film taken at 18 frames per second where it could clearly be seen that the so called "gun" was a reflection of sunlight on the front seat passengers head. Your response was that only your picture was valid and all contradictory evidence, even from the same source was somehow inferior and/or faked. For true progress toward discerning facts from fantasy all evidence must be treated equally and compared to real world observation.

Quote:
The video I showed you about comets with includes ACTUAL footage shows 1 tail always pointing away from the sun.
Strangely enough the pictures posted by BrianK are also ACTUAL images taken from a creditable source, as opposed to the rough pencil sketches that are routinely touted as "evidence" that Sitchins fantasies about a cosmic game of billiards have some form of relevance, that you accept as the gospel truth. This is largely because you have never rejected the religious principle of unquestionable divine revelation, you have merely changed one messiah for another.

Quote:
Lloyd Pye's defense of Sitchin:
Sitchin getting a reference from Lloyd Pye is the equivalent of an inmate at the local nuthatch claiming to be sane because another inmate said so. "That fella over there, Napoleon Bonaparte, he said I'm cured". Lloyd Pye is the goldbrick salesman who has spent the past several years touting aroud the skull of a hydrocephalic child, that is recognised as such by doctors who deal with such things. The key point here is that Pye dishonestly claims that modern medical science is baffled by the skull, and that because they cannot name the father, then the father absolutely must be extraterrestrial. As a result of this lie, Pye has published a whole raft of books to sell to gullible fools, who would have known better if they had paid attention at school while the basics were being taught.

Quote:
So says you...and who are you? Nobody
I wouldn't quite put it like that. I am the person whose grasp of mathematics is sufficient to expose most of your CRAP within seconds, can spot an arithmetical error produced by one of your heroes that rendered his claims to be taken seriously totally invalid, and understand the effects of the inverse square law.
Unlike some, I can count to numbers higher than ten without removing my shoes and socks, and also don't need to undo a zipper to reach 21. The nice thing about retaining my anonimity is that when I refute your CRAP claims it is because of the quantity and quality of the evidence, and not because of the quantity and quality of my qualifications. As Feynman said in the link BrianK posted "It doesn't matter how smart you are or what your name is, If it disagrees with experiment, it's wrong" I am not so puerile as to try to play top trumps with bits of paper, I rely on mathematical and observational evidence, which routinely contradicts your C. R. A. P.

Last edited by Nimrod on 02-Apr-2013 at 12:32 PM.

BrianK 
Posted on 2-Apr-2013 13:08:57
#366 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:
This is true, so why do you keep posting trash and expect me to refrain from trashing your post.
Lou really has a strange approach. He complains if we don't address something. Then if we do actually look at something he complains we're just wrong. Unfortunately, he's yet to demonstrate we are wrong. For example - Doing things like claiming he believes Brandenburg's math because of his PhD really is a failure of belief in an authority figure without actually understanding the mathematics at work and without actually understanding the huge errors from reality Brandenburg has.

Quote:
Strangely enough the pictures posted by BrianK are also ACTUAL images taken from a creditable source,
Thanks. Yeah he just doesn't get it.

Quote:
Sitchin getting a reference from Lloyd Pye is the equivalent of an inmate at the local nuthatch claiming to be sane because another inmate said so
You're not exactly wrong here. Though reading the rest it seems your rebuttle was to reject Pye for his complete lack of ability. Fair enough but be careful to address the argument not the person.

The problem is Pye's statement isn't proof of or evidence of everything. Lou found someone whose opinion he likes. That opinion is simply filled with more postulates on how Pye believes things to work. Pye's emotional embrace of Stichin failed to demonstrate anything. The Pye statement is another case of 'turtles all the way down'. We see Lou again piling unproven and wrong suppositions on top of more suppositions. What Lou isn't understanding is that he didn't to work, instead he added to his pile of work to be done.

BrianK 
Posted on 2-Apr-2013 15:16:14
#367 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Why do Nimrod and I harp on the need for you to evidence to demonstrate truth? It's because we know very well that science works.
Well worth watching... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OtFSDKrq88

Lou 
Posted on 2-Apr-2013 16:19:01
#368 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
[quote] BrianK: The fact is your claim "The only tail you see in the sky is the ion tale which always faces away from the sun no matter the path of the comet. " is a lie.

Quote:
[quote]
Your picture IS the lie. [Fixed]

Alas you go from supposing something that perhaps might be maybe, show nothing, and assume your guess is the fact. Being this has been your posts throughout the thread I'm not too surprised. But hey it's April 1 so good joke of a post!

To bad the links were not from April 1st.

Last edited by Lou on 02-Apr-2013 at 04:19 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 2-Apr-2013 16:21:16
#369 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
The definition of insanity is repeating the same steps and expecting different results
This is true, so why do you keep posting trash and expect me to refrain from trashing your post. Can I suggest that before hitting the [Submit] key, you do what you know very well that I will do, and investigate

Quote:
This is a repeat of the feeble and pathetic excuse that you resorted to over the matter of the JFK assassination, when you linked one blurred frame from the Zapruder film to "prove" that the driver did it. I linked the previous and next frames of the same cine film taken at 18 frames per second where it could clearly be seen that the so called "gun" was a reflection of sunlight on the front seat passengers head. Your response was that only your picture was valid and all contradictory evidence, even from the same source was somehow inferior and/or faked. For true progress toward discerning facts from fantasy all evidence must be treated equally and compared to real world observation.

Quote:
The video I showed you about comets with includes ACTUAL footage shows 1 tail always pointing away from the sun.
Strangely enough the pictures posted by BrianK are also ACTUAL images taken from a creditable source, as opposed to the rough pencil sketches that are routinely touted as "evidence" that Sitchins fantasies about a cosmic game of billiards have some form of relevance, that you accept as the gospel truth. This is largely because you have never rejected the religious principle of unquestionable divine revelation, you have merely changed one messiah for another.

Quote:
Lloyd Pye's defense of Sitchin:
Sitchin getting a reference from Lloyd Pye is the equivalent of an inmate at the local nuthatch claiming to be sane because another inmate said so. "That fella over there, Napoleon Bonaparte, he said I'm cured". Lloyd Pye is the goldbrick salesman who has spent the past several years touting aroud the skull of a hydrocephalic child, that is recognised as such by doctors who deal with such things. The key point here is that Pye dishonestly claims that modern medical science is baffled by the skull, and that because they cannot name the father, then the father absolutely must be extraterrestrial. As a result of this lie, Pye has published a whole raft of books to sell to gullible fools, who would have known better if they had paid attention at school while the basics were being taught.

Quote:
So says you...and who are you? Nobody
I wouldn't quite put it like that. I am the person whose grasp of mathematics is sufficient to expose most of your CRAP within seconds, can spot an arithmetical error produced by one of your heroes that rendered his claims to be taken seriously totally invalid, and understand the effects of the inverse square law.
Unlike some, I can count to numbers higher than ten without removing my shoes and socks, and also don't need to undo a zipper to reach 21. The nice thing about retaining my anonimity is that when I refute your CRAP claims it is because of the quantity and quality of the evidence, and not because of the quantity and quality of my qualifications. As Feynman said in the link BrianK posted "It doesn't matter how smart you are or what your name is, If it disagrees with experiment, it's wrong" I am not so puerile as to try to play top trumps with bits of paper, I rely on mathematical and observational evidence, which routinely contradicts your C. R. A. P.

Meanwhile the skull was determine to have non-human DNA...and you live up to your username once again.

Lou 
Posted on 2-Apr-2013 16:21:55
#370 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Nimrod

Quote:
This is true, so why do you keep posting trash and expect me to refrain from trashing your post.
Lou really has a strange approach. He complains if we don't address something. Then if we do actually look at something he complains we're just wrong. Unfortunately, he's yet to demonstrate we are wrong. For example - Doing things like claiming he believes Brandenburg's math because of his PhD really is a failure of belief in an authority figure without actually understanding the mathematics at work and without actually understanding the huge errors from reality Brandenburg has.

Quote:
Strangely enough the pictures posted by BrianK are also ACTUAL images taken from a creditable source,
Thanks. Yeah he just doesn't get it.

Quote:
Sitchin getting a reference from Lloyd Pye is the equivalent of an inmate at the local nuthatch claiming to be sane because another inmate said so
You're not exactly wrong here. Though reading the rest it seems your rebuttle was to reject Pye for his complete lack of ability. Fair enough but be careful to address the argument not the person.

The problem is Pye's statement isn't proof of or evidence of everything. Lou found someone whose opinion he likes. That opinion is simply filled with more postulates on how Pye believes things to work. Pye's emotional embrace of Stichin failed to demonstrate anything. The Pye statement is another case of 'turtles all the way down'. We see Lou again piling unproven and wrong suppositions on top of more suppositions. What Lou isn't understanding is that he didn't to work, instead he added to his pile of work to be done.

You mean like how you like a nimrod's opinion?

BrianK 
Posted on 2-Apr-2013 17:19:24
#371 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
You mean like how you like a nimrod's opinion?
Huh? Did you really read the post you responded to?

You'll certainly see I liked Nimrod's opinion of Pye. Then I went further to explain acceptance or rejection of an idea has nothing to do with personality but instead on provability of the idea. It's the same thing I've told you about Brandenburg, you don't get to pick him because you like him better. Same thing. Validity of ideas comes through evidencing against reality. Pye is rejected, not because he's a slimy snake oil salesman, he is rejected because he failed to prove any of his assertions.

Nimrod 
Posted on 2-Apr-2013 17:52:14
#372 ]

@Lou

Quote:
Meanwhile the skull was determine to have non-human DNA...and you live up to your username once again.
Check your facts Lou. The skull was tested in 1999 at a forensic DNA lab in Vancouver, British Columbia, and found to contain standard X and Y chromosomes. What this means is that the child was a human male. The childs mother contributed a human X chromosome, and his father contributed a human Y chromosome. The only reason that I refrain from citing the term "normal human" is that most children do not suffer from congenital hydrocephalus. The fact that the child was not "normal" does not infer that the child is of extraterrestrial origin, or parentage.

Further DNA testing in 2003 isolated mitochondrial DNA from the skull and determined that the child was not genetically related to the female that the childs body was discovered with. Despite the fact that there is no evidence to support the Clearly Ridiculous Alien Parentage idea, the lunatic fringe still think that their fantasy is exempt from the normal concept of scientific scepticism and has to be assumed TRUE until proven beyond all reasonable or unreasonable doubt to be the steaming heap of CRAP that it actually is.
In his attempt to refute the criticism of his pseudoscience by Steven Novella, Pye states that the forensic lab that he sent the first samples to were inept and incompetent simply because they did not blindly release the report that he had paid them for, but instead reported the accurate results. He also states that the sample size was too small to conclusively state "human", and uses that as his justification to claim "Extraterrestrial". This is similar to stating that since you do not know what is in a box 100mm x 100mm x 100mm, it must contain an adult female rhinosceros.

I would also add that Lloyd Pye believes that hominids have been wandering around on this planet for a minimum of 20 million years. Doesn't this directly contradict the timeline revealed by your infallible prophet, the divinely inspired Sitchin?

Nimrod 
Posted on 2-Apr-2013 18:30:59
#373 ]

@BrianK

Quote:
Though reading the rest it seems your rebuttle was to reject Pye for his complete lack of ability. Fair enough but be careful to address the argument not the person.
I have no doubts as to the abilities of Lloyd Pye, he has for many years managed to make a living out of a few deformed human remains and the gullibity of people who do not understand that if somebody has a postulate about any subject, it is up to them to produce compelling evidence that their postulate has
1) any credibility at all.
2) more credibility than competing postulates
3) sufficient credibility to be acceptable as a working viewpoint until something better comes along.

This was a good enough set of rules for Newton, and later it worked for Einstein, and yet we regularly get claims that the process has to be reversed for the benefit of people like Sitchin and Pye who tell a very pretty story that is devoid of any pretence of intellectual integrity, and then keep repeating the mantra that as long as facts can be ignored then the answer has to be "Aliens did it".

Lloyd Pyes latest "evidence" is merely Lloyd Pye rehashing the same tired, worn out fantasy in a new You tube video, and launching ad hominem attacks on Novella and the forensic laboratory that he wanted to produce a report saying ET, that chose to give a factual and honest report instead. This "self certification is done in the same way that Brandenburg keeps releasing papers citing his own previous papers as "proof" that his new paper is true, and then using his latest paper to "prove" his earlier papers as true, although in fairness Brandenburg doesn't indulge himself in rambling yet vitriolic ad hominems against anybody that disagrees with him.

BrianK 
Posted on 2-Apr-2013 19:15:02
#374 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:
I have no doubts as to the abilities of Lloyd Pye, he has for many years managed to make a living out of a few deformed human remains and the gullibity of people who do not understand that if somebody has a postulate about any subject, it is up to them to produce compelling evidence that their postulate has
1) any credibility at all.
2) more credibility than competing postulates
3) sufficient credibility to be acceptable as a working viewpoint until something better comes along.

On the personal level I agree. Pye's body of work isn't worth the time to read it. However, we must read it, apply logic, and evidence so to build the understanding of how worthless it truly is. A nasty penalty to pay, no doubt. It is sad that each time we have to ignore the larger failings to determine if the current stuff has credit. But, it's a fact of life.

Each work must stand, or fall, on it's own merits, or lack therefore. For example, In the case of Linus Pauling he did some Nobel Award winning work. But, we must review his Vitamin C on it's own merits. Unfortunately, his work there was bunk and he became his own evidence against his own work. Greatness can produce bunk, and did in the case of Linus. Whereas Pye's work is the opposite it's bunk. But, we must review this section on it's own merits. Perhaps there's a spark of genius there. Unfortunately, when viewed on it's own merits this work is exactly like his other bunk. We find suppositions, defensiveness, and a severe lack of evidence, eg no spark to be found, and clearly no demonstration of truth.

Lou 
Posted on 3-Apr-2013 14:25:09
#375 ]
Elite Member

Hey, why don't you all just go to hell!

BrianK 
Posted on 3-Apr-2013 15:11:52
#376 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Hey, why don't you all just go to hell!

Was it paved with good intentions? AKA Republicans.

BrianK 
Posted on 3-Apr-2013 16:39:32
#377 ]
Elite Member

@LOU

NASA AMS experiment is the best yet data that Dark Matter exists A more formal discussion is supposed to be had this afternoon.

BrianK 
Posted on 5-Apr-2013 17:00:48
#378 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Did you take time to watch the NASA announcement on this?
Quote:
Brian K wrote:
NASA AMS experiment is the best yet data that Dark Matter exists A more formal discussion is supposed to be had this afternoon.

The evidence didn't prove Dark Matter. However, it neither disproved it either. If one wanted to put a probability for Dark Matter from this experiment it'd be a bit better than 1-sigma. This is clearly not enough to say yes. It is enough to warrant future experimentation to see if we can refine our understanding and better determine the existence of Dark Matter.

So, I thought you'd appreciate that Dark Matter is still unproven. Though this experiment points down it's more likely then not and we have to -> Do more work to evidence the existence or lack thereof.

Lou 
Posted on 9-Apr-2013 19:18:54
#379 ]
Elite Member

Well, now that you've all gone to hell and back. Chew on this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/08/roswell-ufo-cia-agent-chase-brandon_n_1657077.html

Lou 
Posted on 9-Apr-2013 19:31:43
#380 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Did you take time to watch the NASA announcement on this?
Quote:
Brian K wrote:

The evidence didn't prove Dark Matter. However, it neither disproved it either. If one wanted to put a probability for Dark Matter from this experiment it'd be a bit better than 1-sigma. This is clearly not enough to say yes. It is enough to warrant future experimentation to see if we can refine our understanding and better determine the existence of Dark Matter.

So, I thought you'd appreciate that Dark Matter is still unproven. Though this experiment points down it's more likely then not and we have to -> Do more work to evidence the existence or lack thereof.

Just look at the Voyage data. "space" if filled with "stuff". Voyager has shown after the solar wind disappears that there are lots of protons and electrons in space. Why waste money and time on theory when data keeps streaming in?

As for the change in magnetic field lines, Nassim Haramein (remember him?) describes is best: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyqBnd3Xwck

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle