Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
9 crawler(s) on-line.
 136 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

OlafS25

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 OlafS25:  4 mins ago
 outlawal2:  24 mins ago
 AndreasM:  26 mins ago
 sibbi:  36 mins ago
 saimo:  50 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  50 mins ago
 vox:  1 hr 2 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 13 mins ago
 Mr_DBUG:  1 hr 14 mins ago
 Gunnar:  1 hr 53 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Evert Carton speaks About Cooperation
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
WolfToTheMoon 
Re: Evert Carton speaks
Posted on 6-Apr-2013 16:07:31
#41 ]

Profile     Report this post  
wawa 
Posted on 6-Apr-2013 16:23:08
#42 ]
Elite Member

@Franko

Quote:
Seriously... hope that whomever told you "who it was" provided you with enough proof/ evidence to confirm who they are...

im not paranoid. i tend to trust people if im not convinced otherwise. jorits/everts posts are coherent so far whether here or or other sites, and i dont see any ill attempt, or any reason he could have to make up stuff. his identity has been repeatedly confirmed, by his own proof (i have not checked that) and by others including mods on this site. really, i dont see why i need to or even could question, who he was, not anymore.

Quote:
Again though... it all comes back to what I keep saying... does it really, I mean really honestly matter what anyone in all of this has to say about anything...

apparently it matters. why else his involvement would become so much of an issue?

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 6-Apr-2013 16:33:15
#43 ]
Elite Member

@Franko

«Evert Carton» is this mystic person that was never traveled when AmigaOS4.0 prelease was released around the world, I never seen talk about anything on any of events after, he is this shadow, no blogs, no public information, know nothing about him.

And then when we speak care about ants, we are so small community, so way does he even care, he says not that we are small and insignificant.

And then he comes from no where starting behave like he logon every day, like we the small ants who does because we are interested, because we do care, and because we belive, depit being small ants.

And we talk about ants, a ant can lift many times it own weight, this true about many of developers in this community, I think we should be proud of having.

Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 06-Apr-2013 at 04:43 PM.

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 6-Apr-2013 16:36:58
#44 ]
Elite Member

@wawa

Its just that its so easy to fake indemnity, he was anyone then I don't care, but when you se your the former management partner of hyperion, then I do wont to know if what he says is true or not.

jorit2 
Posted on 6-Apr-2013 16:38:13
#45 ]

@NutsAboutAmiga

Quote:

... like we the small ants who does because we are interested, because we do care, and because we belive, depit being small ants ...

And we talk about ants, a ant can lift many times it own weight, this true about many of developers in this community, I think we should be proud of having.

The intent was never to compare this community with small little ants.
It was never meant to be a comment on ants.

It was nothing but a retrospective reflection about the futility of the wars.

number6 
Posted on 6-Apr-2013 16:41:23
#46 ]
Elite Member

@NutsAboutAmiga

Quote:
I never seen I talk about anything on any of events

Mag Bash

Quote:
Today, 27 Sept, Evert Carton has emailed to let us know that he will be coming to the UK to attend the MAG UK event!

Maybe he's just not as loud about what he does?

wawa 
Posted on 6-Apr-2013 16:55:52
#47 ]
Elite Member

@NutsAboutAmiga

Quote:
Its just that its so easy to fake indemnity, he was anyone then I don't care, but when you se your the former management partner of hyperion, then I do wont to know if what he says is true or not.

you are really trying hard to discredit jorit as not the one he claims to be. it seems to be an important issue to you according to the above post. now, answer me one question: what if he is genuine and all he says is truth? what will that change in your life?

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 6-Apr-2013 16:59:50
#48 ]
Elite Member

@wawa

No, no I just want some prof of who he is, post a video on youtube, and say hi to amiga community.

AmigaBlitter 
Posted on 6-Apr-2013 17:12:10
#49 ]
Elite Member

@jorit2

Quote:
"of course cooperation would be good !"

Yes.

Want to add an already mentioned here bible verse:
Proverbs 15:22

"There is a frustrating of plans where there is no confidential talk, but in the multitude of counselors there is accomplishment."

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 6-Apr-2013 17:12:15
#50 ]
Elite Member

@jorit2

“It was nothing but a retrospective reflection about the futility of the wars. “

yes the wars is futile, does not resolve anything, lack of cooperation when it might have been possible in comment interest, there are cooperation wheen camps, take Opus5 where Itix is helping Kas1e whit porting of the source to GCC, so so that a native build can be made.

wawa 
Posted on 6-Apr-2013 17:22:20
#51 ]
Elite Member

@NutsAboutAmiga

Quote:
No, no I just want some prof of who he is, post a video on youtube, and say hi to amiga community.

why should he??? i wouldnt if you asked me. i think its been proven enough, now its up to you to prove that he is not evert, or even if he is, he has not done enough for amiga or os4, to be allowed to post here and criticize ben.

or just stop being childish, because someone accidentally stopmed upon your sand castle. btw you have not answered my question, but i doubt you will.

Last edited by wawa on 06-Apr-2013 at 05:23 PM.
Last edited by wawa on 06-Apr-2013 at 05:22 PM.

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 6-Apr-2013 17:26:12
#52 ]
Elite Member

@wawa

Kjetil first law: Your guilty until disproven.

LOL

Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 06-Apr-2013 at 05:26 PM.

OlafS25 
Posted on 6-Apr-2013 17:28:12
#53 ]
Elite Member

@NutsAboutAmiga

I do not know why the proof is so important. He obviously has a problem with Ben H. and he is propably not the only one in the world. But what does that change? I would been more interested in what Ben H. thinks about more combing limited resources (the idea I already explained). He did not answer it and then the escalation started.

Last edited by OlafS25 on 06-Apr-2013 at 05:29 PM.

Franko 
Posted on 6-Apr-2013 17:29:08
#54 ]
Elite Member

@wawa

Quote:
"im not paranoid."

I never said you were !!!
But I'm beginning to wonder now that you feel you had to say that...

Quote:
i tend to trust people if im not convinced otherwise. jorits/everts posts are coherent so far whether here or or other sites, and i dont see any ill attempt, or any reason he could have to make up stuff. his identity has been repeatedly confirmed, by his own proof (i have not checked that) and by others including mods on this site. really, i dont see why i need to or even could question, who he was, not anymore.

Not sure why are so concerned that "jorit2" is this Evert Catron fella, as that's not what I have said or been saying and indeed I do actually believe that "jorit2" is indeed Evert Carton...

All I have been trying to say is, it doesn't matter when it comes to the whole Hyperion thing what either Ben Hermans or Evert Carton have to say about each other and their past business dealings & connections as it's nothing more than hearsay without evidence presented by either one...

Put it this way in a court of law (and yes I know this isn't a court of law) "hearsay" doesn't count and would be thrown out without evidence to back up what someone is saying and that should apply here too. Sure you can choose to believe one persons version of events over the other but at the end of the day without any hard evidence then you'd be foolish to believe either...

Quote:
apparently it matters. why else his involvement would become so much of an issue?

Sure it seems to matter to some folk here for some reason I can't quite fathom and indeed it seems to be an issue for some folk, again for reasons I don't understand...

I have no reason to believe it wasn't Ben Hermans making the posts here the other day and I've no reason to believe that "jorit2" isn't Evert Carton. My only point I keep trying to get through is that nothing either of them has to say on this entire subject actually matters and shouldn't matter to anyone but themselves... it's quite simple to understand really...

number6 
Posted on 6-Apr-2013 17:37:27
#55 ]
Elite Member

@thread

I was going to mention something about the topic of the thread getting pretty much ignored, but I don't think I will.

Oh wait..

Ouch. 2 typing errors in one sentence.

Last edited by number6 on 06-Apr-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Last edited by number6 on 06-Apr-2013 at 05:37 PM.

wawa 
Posted on 6-Apr-2013 17:47:41
#56 ]
Elite Member

@Franko

Quote:
Not sure why are so concerned that "jorit2" is this Evert Catron fella, as that's not what I have said or been saying and indeed I do actually believe that "jorit2" is indeed Evert Carton...

im just curious, as i was when ben has shown up. lets say its an academic interest. besides evert seems rather sympathetic and frank, and i dont like when people are being instantly accused because they say something others dont like.

Quote:
Put it this way in a court of law (and yes I know this isn't a court of law) "hearsay" doesn't count and would be thrown out without evidence to back up what someone is saying and that should apply here too. Sure you can choose to believe one persons version of events over the other but at the end of the day without any hard evidence then you'd be foolish to believe either...

sure, i doubt anybody is going to start a legal action based upon some post on this site. but street credibility is another issue, a lot of agenda may be achieved via hearsay. therefore i try to understand on my own.

broadblues 
Posted on 6-Apr-2013 17:52:47
#57 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@number6

Apologies for the ontopic post:...

Coooperation - well that can take many levels, OlafS25 wants to define cooperation as lets all use AROS with skins, wawa defines it as everyone using 68k and 3.1 API whereas ofcourse true cooperatsion is to use AmigaOS4 ... well that's intended to be ironic ofcourse.

How about we just don't fight all the time? Don't always try and belittle and find the worst in every announcement from the other camps? etc etc?

Write apps that are cross platform when appropriate, or leverage the strengths of your own platform where you are more comfortable with that. Just don't dis everthing all the time.

[edit]fixing nics and spellings[/edits]

Last edited by broadblues on 06-Apr-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Last edited by broadblues on 06-Apr-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Franko 
Posted on 6-Apr-2013 17:59:41
#58 ]
Elite Member

@number6

Quote:

number6 wrote:
@thread

I was going to mention something about the topic of the thread getting pretty much ignored, but I don't think I will.

Oh wait..

Ouch. 2 typing errors in one sentence.

Sorry bout that but you did have quite a few of us totally confused with the initial post being taken from a two year old thread and it coming across as being something to to with the kafufle of recent days...

So as for the topic Ants & Cooperation... here's my take on it...

Ants... ant are some of the most vicious and lethal little creatures on this planet, sure they're all part of the same species but all the offshoots and variations in the species is to me just like Amiga users and Amigaland...

They are quite willing to bite the heads off those whom are not part of their offshoot and either exile or rip to shreds those whom don't fit in with their particular sub group and are very intolerant of each others sub family and mostly fight to the death when they cross each others path... pretty much like Amiga users and all our little offshoots/ sub groups...

So yup... Ants are a pretty good analogy of all that happens on the jungle floor here in Amigaland...

PS: I posted about those typing errors I've been making myself just the other day, pretty sure it's all this posting on the internet that is slowly making me dimmer & dimmer as time goes on...soon I'll be so dim I'll be able to understand text messages and buy a mobile phone...

EDIT: Dang... another mistake... just dropped to another level of dimness and inching closer to becoming a mobile phone user...

Last edited by Franko on 06-Apr-2013 at 06:03 PM.

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 6-Apr-2013 18:19:28
#59 ]
Elite Member

@wawa

Okay there is two possibilities,

1) jorit2 is Evert Carton, then the topic then we are taking whit Evert Carton, and topic of this thread is true.
2) jorit2 is not Evert Carton, then the topic then we are not taking whit Evert Carton, and topic of this thread is false.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schr%C3%B6dinger%27s_cat

It's not that I don't wont to discredit “Evert Carton”, its just that I don't trust newly created accounts whit out posting history and no possible prof of the identity, it may or may not be “Evert Carton”, and so nothing he says is about hyperion or about ben, or cooperation can I absolutely be shore if its “Evert Carton” saying.

He has not been saying anything bad, but even so.

Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 06-Apr-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 06-Apr-2013 at 06:20 PM.

wawa 
Posted on 6-Apr-2013 18:29:11
#60 ]
Elite Member

@broadblues

Quote:
Write apps that are cross platform when appropriate, or leverage the strengths of your own platform where you are more comfortable with that. Just don't dis everthing all the time.

leveraging own platform is not a cooperation, even if theres nothing wrong with it in my eyes. taking part in threads of platforms you may not be actively using, like os4 and mos for me, may lead to sort of cooperation, while plainly ignoring them is not. remember i almost reinstalled my os4 to help test djnicks skins, before i realized it would be in vain since i have no necessary updates. never rule out a convinient outcome.

besides, read what i wrote, i did not demand anyone to use 3.1 api and real amigas, its just my preference to relay on 68k binary compatibility and open source extensions that aros introduced to it. i can perfectly live with others using os4, morphos or whatever they like.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle