Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
13 crawler(s) on-line.
 160 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 amigakit:  50 mins ago
 pixie:  51 mins ago
 BigD:  1 hr 18 mins ago
 matthey:  1 hr 32 mins ago
 AndreasM:  2 hrs 1 min ago
 kolla:  2 hrs 3 mins ago
 zipper:  2 hrs 9 mins ago
 OlafS25:  2 hrs 34 mins ago
 Swisso:  2 hrs 38 mins ago
 amigang:  3 hrs 45 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga Gaming
      /  new game-HUENISON-NOW AVAILABLE for AmigaOS 4.1 !
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
eliyahu 
Re: new game coming soon for AmigaOS 4.1 !
Posted on 30-Jun-2013 21:08:54
#41 ]

@saimo

oh. my. heavens. this game is incredible!!

at first you just think of it as shooting blocks, but there is a tremendous amount of depth here; once you get used to the order of the colors available (for the cannon), it becomes much more enjoyable. and you are only charging GBP2.99 for this?! this is definitely going to become one of my favorite games. and thanks for allowing for a windowed mode as well. this way i can play and if i get chimed on IRC, i just click outside the window and the game auto-pauses. nice touch.

i loved BOH and i think i may well enjoy this even more. did you do the soundtrack, by the way? the SID-like sound is wonderful. my six year-old son and his friend from up the street just saw me play for the past couple of minutes and were absolutely mesmerized. i'll be happy to purchase the complete game and should have more feedback at that point, but for now, i just need to get back to playing....

this game was worth the wait. thank you for a new addiction!

-- eliyahu

Profile     Report this post  
klx300r 
Posted on 30-Jun-2013 21:26:52
#42 ]
Elite Member

Quote:

eliyahu wrote:
@saimo

at first you just think of it as shooting blocks, but there is a tremendous amount of depth here; once you get used to the order of the colors available (for the cannon), it becomes much more enjoyable. and you are only charging GBP2.99 for this?! this is definitely going to become one of my favorite games. and thanks for allowing for a windowed mode as well. this way i can play and if i get chimed on IRC, i just click outside the window and the game auto-pauses. nice touch.

+ 1 and especially gratifying knowing it was made on our favourite OS for our favourite OS

Quote:

i loved BOH and i think i may well enjoy this even more....

I agree BUT what do you mean by 'loved' ....I'm currently working on another mission for BOH and I hope Simone has another 'surprise' for BOH fans in the future as well (no pressure intended Simone)

mancave-ramblings
X1000 I BELIEVE

saimo 
Posted on 30-Jun-2013 21:32:59
#43 ]
Elite Member

@eliyahu

Quote:

Quote:
at first you just think of it as shooting blocks, but there is a tremendous amount of depth here;
once you get used to the order of the colors available (for the cannon), it becomes much more enjoyable.

Very well said!

Quote:
and you are only charging GBP2.99 for this?!

Yes, sir! I'm all for a high quality/price ratio.

Quote:
this is definitely going to become one of my favorite games. and thanks for allowing for a windowed mode as well. this way i can play and if i get chimed on IRC, i just click outside the window and the game auto-pauses. nice touch.

You're welcome!
BTW, the game auto-pauses also in full screen, if something steals the focus.

Quote:
i loved BOH and i think i may well enjoy this even more.

Quote:
did you do the soundtrack, by the way? the SID-like sound is wonderful. my six year-old son and his friend from up the street just saw me play for the past couple of minutes and were absolutely mesmerized.

Wow! Now, that's something... thanks for reporting! It confirms that going for the Enhanced CD format, with the full soundtrack (it amounts to 30 minutes in all) playable from any CD player, is a good idea.
Yes, I made the soundtrack myself and, yes, precisely with the SID in mind (in fact, all the tunes use 3 tracks only).

Quote:
i'll be happy to purchase the complete game and should have more feedback at that point, but for now, i just need to get back to playing....

My pleasure! Have fun and please, when you're out of the chaos, try the download again and let me know.

Lynx 
Posted on 30-Jun-2013 21:36:50
#44 ]

@saimo

Thanks for the interesting clarifications

Quote:
Believe me: it's very doable. After all, you only played the demo for a while, so for sure you can improve your skills a lot. If you think about it, it wouldn't be a good game if one was immediately a master... a great part of the fun is getting better every time

Does Quickshot make the sound of Raise/Lower bricks ? If yes, I may have triggered it twice since I started playing - heard the sound but did not notice a brick.
As for improvement, my best score so far is 27530 - the Chameleons and the Wall level accounting for most of this.

Quote:
As for giving additional points when anyh brick is close, that's not a good option, because it awards who sucks

Uh...indeed, I didn't see it this way ...maybe this would be compounded by the increased risk of raising the floor too much ? But how it is now, a good player can take advantage of a filled screen (which is so because he waited) to get a Quickshot, while a bad (whose screen is full because he can't aim) will not...OK, well done

Quote:
I had taken in cosideration the possibility of assigning the score proportionally to the distance from the top (the closest, the higher), to reward quick and precise shooters, but then I thought that it would be just too much, and went for a simpler solution.

...which at the end of the day is a decent choice too. Simpler scoring system = easier to see where/how you can improve your score.

Quote:
It's a matter of practice: it might sound difficult, but it isn't... and one really has to develop "rapid fire" skills, otherwise he won't be able to finish the game (you have to thank for this Decathlon on the C64).

Or rather, time to grab an autofire paddle

Quote:
I think that this is very subjective. Anyway, as you said, it's not that important given that all the controls can be redefined.
However, you just made me notice that the manual gets the directions wrong: fixed now. Thanks!

I hadn't even noticed ! But...no no no, the game gets the directions wrong !

Quote:
There's a reason that's hard to imagine.
You probably have noticed that the scrolltext is the same as the manual. Now, I had to write the text taking into account the formatting of both documents. At the same time, I had to be clear, concise, exact and consistent in style. You can be sure that it's been a hard challenge. One of the choices was to use long "compound names" only on their first occurrence, and then use the simplified form everywhere else. Anything else would screw everything up.

Interesting...

Quote:
Additionally, I went for "percentage" and not "accuracy" (although I admit that the latter sounds better) because it also gives an idea of the scale used (one immediately realizes that we're talking of values between 0 and 100, whereas accuracy doesn't suggesdt anything in that regard).

...or you could have added "%" next to the Accuracy score on the game screen, just sayin' . OK, I get it, that nasty % would have spoilt the purity of the UI, next to the unitless score and # of remaining bricks

Quote:
Don't think that the next 20 levels are as easy as the first 5

Well, I'll see in a few weeks

Quote:
I must admit I would have never thought that somebody would say this (I don't think so myself!). It's a great pleasure to hear it, thanks a lot.

I emphasized it a bit, but you get the point : "neo-retro" and "true retro" as you put it are somewhat trendy on every platform and so, Huenison, although retro, is perfectly in fashion now...by releasing it at the same time on Windows and AmigaOS, you give AOS a truly new and fashionable game...while i.e. Quake 3 or any other classic 3D game - original or port -, while having required many times more work than Huenison, will always be "that ugly, technically obsolete game we had running 12 years ago on our Windows Me/Pentium /// PC"

saimo 
Posted on 30-Jun-2013 21:49:13
#45 ]
Elite Member

@Lynx

Quote:
Does Quickshot make the sound of Raise/Lower bricks ? If yes, I may have triggered it twice since I started playing - heard the sound but did not notice a brick.

No, it makes the "BONUS" sound and you get the flashing writing at the center of the well.

Quote:
Uh...indeed, I didn't see it this way ...maybe this would be compounded by the increased risk of raising the floor too much ? But how it is now, a good player can take advantage of a filled screen (which is so because he waited) to get a Quickshot, while a bad (whose screen is full because he can't aim) will not...OK, well done

No need for a filled screen to achieve the QUICKSHOT bonus... of course, yes, it's not possible when there are only few bricks... but that happens only in the very first levels: you'll find yourself wanting less bricks (or more BRAKE ones) on the screen quite often

Quote:
...which at the end of the day is a decent choice too. Simpler scoring system = easier to see where/how you can improve your score.

Exactly. And the scoring system is already quite complicated anyway.

Quote:
Or rather, time to grab an autofire paddle

Naaaaw... that would spoil the fun!

Quote:
I hadn't even noticed ! But...no no no, the game gets the directions wrong !

x2

Quote:
...or you could have added "%" next to the Accuracy score on the game screen, just sayin' . OK, I get it, that nasty % would have spoilt the purity of the UI, next to the unitless score and # of remaining bricks

That's indeed the spirit! I appreciate you noticed. Indeed, the % was included in a label on top of hte number itself, but then I replaced the labels with the background graphics (look at the old screenshots to see what I mean).

Quote:
I emphasized it a bit, but you get the point : "neo-retro" and "true retro" as you put it are somewhat trendy on every platform and so, Huenison, although retro, is perfectly in fashion now...by releasing it at the same time on Windows and AmigaOS, you give AOS a truly new and fashionable game...while i.e. Quake 3 or any other classic 3D game - original or port -, while having required many times more work than Huenison, will always be "that ugly, technically obsolete game we had running 12 years ago on our Windows Me/Pentium /// PC"

Indeed.

saimo 
Posted on 30-Jun-2013 21:50:14
#46 ]
Elite Member

@klx300r

Quote:
I agree BUT what do you mean by 'loved' ....I'm currently working on another mission for BOH and I hope Simone has another 'surprise' for BOH fans in the future as well (no pressure intended Simone)

Shhhhh... don't spill the beans!

klx300r 
Posted on 30-Jun-2013 21:53:39
#47 ]
Elite Member

Quote:

saimo wrote:
@klx300r

Quote:

Shhhhh... don't spill the beans!

mancave-ramblings
X1000 I BELIEVE

Jupp3 
Posted on 30-Jun-2013 23:59:02
#48 ]

Looks quite nice and weird (in a good way), would be nice to have MorphOS or even Linux/X86 version...

Have you thought of asking about inclusion on some future Humble Bundle? Although don't know if it would need to be "more multiplatform" for that (seems that practically all games are Windows / Linux-X86 / MacOSX-X86 nowadays, some also for Android)

saimo 
Posted on 1-Jul-2013 6:28:08
#49 ]
Elite Member

@Jupp3

Quote:

Jupp3 wrote:
Looks quite nice and weird (in a good way),

Thanks! Yes, indeed I can imagine that it looks weird... I take it as a sign of originality ;)

Quote:
would be nice to have MorphOS or even Linux/X86 version...

Sorry, but I don't intend to support any other platform: it's too demanding (and boring). I have very limited free time and I prefer to use it for other projects.

Quote:
Have you thought of asking about inclusion on some future Humble Bundle?

It's a bit too early for that: the game isn't out yet!
Thanks for the suggestion, though.

klx300r 
Posted on 2-Jul-2013 3:25:00
#50 ]
Elite Member

@eliyahu

Just curious but was your download problem solved ?

mancave-ramblings
X1000 I BELIEVE

eliyahu 
Posted on 2-Jul-2013 4:04:48
#51 ]

@klx300r

Quote:
Just curious but was your download problem solved ?

yes and no. i never did get a successful download from the link on the huenison page, but saimo was kind enough to send me another link via PM and that worked fine. i've been playing it now for the past two days and loving it.

-- eliyahu

klx300r 
Posted on 2-Jul-2013 4:24:44
#52 ]
Elite Member

@eliyahu

good to hear. I know a few more people also had issues and Simone is looking into it on the server end.

mancave-ramblings
X1000 I BELIEVE

saimo 
Posted on 2-Jul-2013 16:53:37
#53 ]
Elite Member

@eliyahu

Quote:
yes and no. i never did get a successful download from the link on the huenison page, but saimo was kind enough to send me another link via PM and that worked fine.

Can I ask you to try again? The problem should be fixed now.

Sorry to all who experienced the same problem!

Quote:
i've been playing it now for the past two days and loving it.

saimo 
Posted on 15-Jul-2013 17:00:13
#54 ]
Elite Member

@all

Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but I wanted to bring to your attention the fact that AmigaOS is currently mentioned on the front page, and at the top, of IndieGames.com, THE indie games website - I thought you might like hearing about this

netrot 
Posted on 15-Jul-2013 17:11:49
#55 ]

@saimo

nice:)

by the way , i would love to see a geometry wars clone ;)

saimo 
Posted on 15-Jul-2013 17:18:40
#56 ]
Elite Member

@netrot

Quote:
by the way , i would love to see a geometry wars clone ;)

Not from me sorry... I have other plans (see interview)

vox 
Posted on 15-Jul-2013 18:12:46
#57 ]
Elite Member

@saimo

THANKS for such nice promo
Very simple and retro game, tried Windows demo and purchased
AmigaOS 4 version instantly

saimo 
Posted on 15-Jul-2013 18:28:44
#58 ]
Elite Member

@vox

Quote:
THANKS for such nice promo

Oh, well, I don't deserve this: it's just an indirect effect.

Quote:
Very simple and retro game, tried Windows demo and purchased
AmigaOS 4 version instantly

Great, thank you! Happy shooting - and let your name be seen in the chart

klx300r 
Posted on 15-Jul-2013 22:19:21
#59 ]
Elite Member

Quote:

saimo wrote:
@all

Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but I wanted to bring to your attention the fact that AmigaOS is currently mentioned on the front page, and at the top, of IndieGames.com, THE indie games website - I thought you might like hearing about this

Not 'like it' but it !

Love it when people realize that AmigaOS is still alive and kicking today LOL hell ya baby We're still here !

mancave-ramblings
X1000 I BELIEVE

saimo 
Posted on 30-Jul-2013 19:00:16
#60 ]
Elite Member

Hi all... please let me spam just a little bit

Huenison is on Steam Greelight now: if you think it's worth it, help it reach more people by simply clicking the "YES" button!

Huenison Greenlight page

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle