Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
14 crawler(s) on-line.
 158 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 blmara:  12 mins ago
 miggymac:  55 mins ago
 Gunnar:  1 hr 24 mins ago
 pixie:  2 hrs 44 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  3 hrs 23 mins ago
 DWolfman:  3 hrs 33 mins ago
 cncparts:  5 hrs 6 mins ago
 saipaman4366:  5 hrs 52 mins ago
 Beajar:  6 hrs 11 mins ago
 Rob:  6 hrs 14 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga News & Events
      /  Moxee, RIP
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Hondo 
Re: Moxee, RIP
Posted on 17-Sep-2014 15:16:57
#41 ]

@Moxee on the other side

Thank you for the good mood you always brought to this site. I will miss your comments in the future.

May you find a place where AmigaOS 4.2 is a reality

Profile     Report this post  
pavlor 
Posted on 17-Sep-2014 15:55:16
#42 ]
Elite Member

Very sad news. Such a loss for our community.

My sincerest condolences to his family.

Darth_X 
Posted on 17-Sep-2014 16:03:15
#43 ]
Elite Member

I will miss Moxee very much, We spoke several time on irc. He reminds me of my grandfather!

sundown 
Posted on 17-Sep-2014 16:53:14
#44 ]
Elite Member

Some trivial info on Moxee, turns out his nick is the name of the small town he lived in up in Eastern Washington.

If you go to the link in post #1, look for a "print" link to the right of Moxee's picture, that is a pdf of comments left by ppl that knew him, some interesting fact there about Moxee's life.

kamelito 
Posted on 17-Sep-2014 17:22:57
#45 ]
Cult Member

Sad news, he's gone too soon, we should always try to have fun before it's too late.

RIP

Kamelito

Canfod 
Posted on 17-Sep-2014 18:34:58
#46 ]

Well that sucks.... as others have said, Moxee always did seem to be a fair, calming kinda guy around here, and although I didn't REALLY know him, he will be missed.

Several years ago he and I had a short conversation via private message. I don't remember all the details, but IIRC, he had mentioned something on the forums about the death of a family member, and having somewhat recently(at that time) experienced the same, I sent him some words of encouragement. He replied, and we sent a couple of messages back & forth. The gist of the conversation was about his father having died several years earlier(about 10 yrs. seems to ring a bell for me), and a car that they had both worked on had sat in his garage for a long time, because he couldn't bring himself to work on it without his Dad. At the time he was going to restart working on it, in hopes of getting it on the road again. For whatever reason, I kept his last reply to me in my private message inbox, and now that he's passed, and having re-read that message, I'm feeling rather stupid and sad about not having asked him if he ever got that car, and another truck, back on the road, as he'd intended.

Anyway, I'm fairly sure he wouldn't mind me posting this now, so here's a copy & paste of that message(the 1st two sentences after the quote were mine), just for a small insight into the guy we all knew around here as Moxee:

===================================

Sent: 17-Jun-2007 10:20:07 Death of a loved one

Hi,

Quote:

Wow, obviously your dear ol' Daddy's passing hit ya hard!!! Don't know ya AT ALL, but I feel your pain.... been there, done that.

Kudos to you for gettin' back to your car.... think of it this way - your father would no doubt rather have you driving what you both obviously cared about and worked on together, instead of letting it sit.

Thank you for your kind words.

They claim that people need around a year to come out of mourning. I think I am sort of an exception to this rule. Having lost my wife and children at an early age I guess I am afraid to lose any family members I have left.

My father died in my old bedroom. Strange things happen in that house now. My mother died in 2001. I bought the house afterwards to retire to. It is still fully furnished with their possessions except for personal items which siblings wanted. Many unexplainable strange things happen in it. I don't have the time to tell them now, but I am sure my practical joker father is responsible for them.

The MG is sitting in the garage there along with my father's old 1959 Chevrolet Apache Stepside Pickup. I hope by this time next year I will have both of them fit for the road.

Moxee
==================================

R.I.P. Harry(Moxee)

Crumb 
Posted on 17-Sep-2014 19:42:17
#47 ]
Elite Member

@sundown

Sad news, my condolences to his family and friends. Rest in peace.

SpaceDruid 
Posted on 17-Sep-2014 20:59:52
#48 ]
From: Inside the mind of a cow on a planet that's flying through space at 242.334765 miles per second.

It seems all I seem to do these days is say goodbye to old friends. It doesn't make it any easier. Goodbye Moxee. Sorry about the dungarees comment, you were the only one I knew that could carry off that style and not look like a lesbian.

Google Translate

Amigo1 
Posted on 17-Sep-2014 21:23:02
#49 ]

makes me feel sad. Rest in Peace Moxee you will be missed.

Dirk-B 
Posted on 18-Sep-2014 0:19:58
#50 ]

R.I.P. Moxee

We will preserve your data for ever.

Condolences to friends and family.

Rob 
Posted on 18-Sep-2014 0:40:55
#51 ]
Elite Member

@Canfod

I was thinking about the pickup when I read the news this morning. Hope it stays in the family and goes to a good home.

Moxee posted this image last February.

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=37303&forum=33&start=80&viewmode=flat&order=0#699109

He PM'd me when I asked about the pickup and mentioned that a full restoration was planned, I don't know if that ever got underway or not.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: 2-Mar-2013 22:14:01 1959 Chevrolet Apache 3100

Hi,

Quote:

Wow bet that thing sucks the juice down.

It's not too bad, somewhere around 10-12 mpg. This truck was the bottom of the line for that year with the standard body and cab, no frills. So, it has the 6 cylinder engine without a oil filter. It has a Rochester carb with an oil bath air cleaner.

It was sold for farm use with the western mirrors, no radio, only one sun visor for the driver. It was not intended for town use. I am actually surprised that it came with a heater/defroster.

Quote:

Looks in nice condition has the engine been tweaked.

My Father was a Chevrolet mechanic who had his own repair shop in our small town. He kept the engine in good condition. He had a good ear for hearing engine noises before they became a problem. He repainted the truck at one point, but was not a fussy man so there is a couple of areas where there is some over spray. A working farm truck you know.

My Father never would done this, but someone stripped enough teeth off 2nd gear to make it unusable so I had to find another 3-speed transmission for it. He must have loaned it out after he quit driving. No one in our family will admit to it though.

All I did was clean it up some. I did take the wheels into town and get them sand blasted and powder coated black. I bought new tires for the refinished wheels. It sat outside in the weather for over 50 years so 3 of the 4 hubcaps were rusted out. I had to find refurbished ones. You can get new ones, but they only come in chrome. Chrome hub caps were not standard on this model 3100. I want to keep the truck as it came out of the factory and not fancy it up like most of the people do to their cheap models. I am certainly not going to install shiny wooden oak strips in the bed either. I want to keep it as it looked when my Father used it for work.

The steering was really sloppy so I found another steering column and installed it. Then I found out that the steering box leaked in the replacement and I cannot find the proper seals for it. I carry a bottle of gear oil in the cab. When I finally find a place which can repair the original steering column I'll send it to them.

The body needs some repair for rust in both the lower, rear front fenders and also both the rear bottom of the cab corners. This is a common repair and there are panels made for this purpose. I got a $60,000 starting quote from one place in Idaho to do a frame off restoration. I was shocked. Then I found a place here locally who does good work, but he has been stringing me along for 3 years now. I am tired of waiting. I may send it to Idaho anyway.

The engine is stock, except that I added an external oil filter canister last summer because I don't like engines which don't have oil filters. Even though my Father kept this engine running fine, I would feel more at ease if it was completely opened up and gone through while the body is being repaired.

I hope I answered your questions. I did not want to do so in that thread because it was off topic.

Moxee

marko 
Posted on 18-Sep-2014 5:00:58
#52 ]
From: Gothenburg, THE front side of Sweden ;), (via Finland), EU

Oh dear, very sad...

R.I.P.

m4rko.com/AMIGA

tomazkid 
Posted on 18-Sep-2014 6:29:05
#53 ]
Team Member

As _Steve_ already wrote Moxee was a great asset and help for the site.

Thank you Moxee, you will be greatly missed.

Rest in Peace.

Breed 
Posted on 18-Sep-2014 7:18:30
#54 ]

My condolences to his family and friends.

Condor 
Posted on 18-Sep-2014 9:15:15
#55 ]

Very sad news.

R.I.P. Moxee

_ThEcRoW 
Posted on 18-Sep-2014 13:15:03
#56 ]
Cult Member

Sad news indeed.
RIP.

Mac Mini G4 1GB Ram with the butterfly!!

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 18-Sep-2014 13:44:39
#57 ]
Team Member

@sundown

Very sad news. He was a thoughtful and nice guy to be sure. He and I had an email conversation about a year ago when he reached out to me to let me know about the sad news of Coder's passing.

Another tidbit about him, in my multiple email threads with him over the years, where he would ask about my kids, etc. he seemed to like to go by the name Garnet, which I believe was his middle name.

RIP Moxee, a.k.a H. Garnet Kelly.

Amiga 1200

Canfod 
Posted on 18-Sep-2014 18:49:46
#58 ]

@Rob

AWESOME!!! Thanks for that info - much appreciated!!!

I previously missed that pic, because I only pick & choose which threads I read around here, and I obviously skipped by that thread.

Since there actually was mention of that pickup on the forums, now I'm wondering if ANYBODY has seen any mention(either on the forums, or in private message) of the MG that Moxee mentioned in the message I posted above?

stevieu 
Posted on 18-Sep-2014 20:35:10
#59 ]
Cult Member

Oh no

R.I.P Moxee.

My condolences...

Steve

A1200 - OS3.1: Blizzard IV 030, 64mb ram, 400mb HDD

OS4.x - Flying the AMIGA flag

Tomppeli 
Posted on 18-Sep-2014 21:22:33
#60 ]

R.I.P.
My condolences to his family.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle