Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
9 crawler(s) on-line.
 150 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 zipper:  22 mins ago
 ppcamiga1:  33 mins ago
 VooDoo:  52 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 2 mins ago
 marcofreeman:  1 hr 11 mins ago
 pixie:  1 hr 16 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 32 mins ago
 BigD:  2 hrs 1 min ago
 CosmosUnivers:  3 hrs 15 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  3 hrs 44 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Software
      /  RadeonHD V1.2 Available From AMIStore
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
Rob 
Re: RadeonHD V1.2 Available From AMIStore
Posted on 13-Nov-2014 20:18:00
#61 ]
Elite Member

@TrevorDick

I was just going by the info on AmiStore.

Profile     Report this post  
Marky_D_Sahdd 
Posted on 13-Nov-2014 20:34:00
#62 ]

@Lunel

Welcome, from a 59 year old enthusiast.

zzd10h 
Posted on 13-Nov-2014 20:42:56
#63 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@Kicko

"even if i already donated to some of the devs and need to rebuy the apps :p"

I have, too, donated some € to devs like Lyle for the X1000 audio driver, and now I'm happy to give another money for his updated work, the NemoSound software

NemoSound works very well, it replaces very nicely Mixer because the volume change is very much smoother.
Kicko, if you didn't grab it, it's a very nice (and cheap) buy ;)

kickstart 
Posted on 13-Nov-2014 20:45:04
#64 ]

@Rob

Quote:

Rob wrote:
@kickstart

[quote]Anyway if you prefer what the MorphOS guys are doing why not buy/stick with that?

Im not user of sams or Xx000 and i prefer MorphOS, but can i still give my opinion?

Kicko 
Posted on 13-Nov-2014 20:47:31
#65 ]
Elite Member

@zzd10h

I dont think it works with my Envy 24ht driver for ESI Juli@ or does it ?

EDIT: Its for the internal x1000 audio only. I dont use it.

Last edited by Kicko on 13-Nov-2014 at 08:53 PM.

Hans 
Posted on 13-Nov-2014 21:12:02
#66 ]
Elite Member

@Rob

Quote:

Rob wrote:
@kickstart

Quote:
OK but... if MorphOS team can make it why hyperion, aeon, amigakit or whatever need to pick money for everything?

Hans started the RadeonHD driver as a spare time/hobby project while he was still studying. It would have probably been free with the OS if Trevor hadn't funded development but it would probably be stuck at 4000 series cards which are now difficult to source.

If A-EON hadn't funded the project, then it would have died in an unfinished state even for 4000 support. It's simply too much work to be a spare time project. Plus, I don't really have any spare time any more, and that has been the case for the last several years. Going the free/donation-funded route wasn't working...

I wish that we could build our development costs into the price of the graphics card and spread it across millions of customers like AMD does, but we can't.

A-EON's funding has allowed me to get the driver to release state, ensured that we can still buy supported graphics cards new, and delivered the new composited video feature. Making the driver a commercial product was definitely the right decision.

I remember a discussion a while back about whether more money would help AmigaOS development. Those who said it wouldn't pointed out that there are few additional developers who understand the AmigaOS APIs. While true, we're exactly not getting the most out of our existing developers, are we? Imagine if all AmigaOS developers could work on AmigaOS software (OS and apps) full-time. Yeah, we'd see a lot more progress. Well, you can't expect developers to dedicate more hours to their AmigaOS projects without getting paid; they need money to live, just like everyone else.

I hope that the AMIStore is a great success, and that having an easy way to earn a bit of money from your software spurs developers to spend many extra hours developing AmigaOS software than they otherwise would have.

Hans

Last edited by Hans on 13-Nov-2014 at 09:13 PM.

Xmas87 
Posted on 13-Nov-2014 21:14:23
#67 ]

@kickstart

Yes of course, your opinion is as valid as anyones.

It would be good to declare that your opinion is based on zero personal experience of the software or hardware and that it is based on pure supposition and other peoples comments.

Rob 
Posted on 13-Nov-2014 21:39:45
#68 ]
Elite Member

@Hans

Quote:
If A-EON hadn't funded the project, then it would have died in an unfinished state even for 4000 support. It's simply too much work to be a spare time project. Plus, I don't really have any spare time any more, and that has been the case for the last several years. Going the free/donation-funded route wasn't working...

I donated about £10 early on in the development but only once and I suspect not many others did. I suspect more people will pay for commercial software than donate to freeware projects.

Quote:
I remember a discussion a while back about whether more money would help AmigaOS development. Those who said it wouldn't pointed out that there are few additional developers who understand the AmigaOS APIs. While true, we're exactly not getting the most out of our existing developers, are we? Imagine if all AmigaOS developers could work on AmigaOS software (OS and apps) full-time. Yeah, we'd see a lot more progress. Well, you can't expect developers to dedicate more hours to their AmigaOS projects without getting paid; they need money to live, just like everyone else.

If ever win one of those crazy £100m plus Euro lottery jackpots everyone will be working full time on AmigaOS unless they didn't want to for some reason.

Quote:
I hope that the AMIStore is a great success, and that having an easy way to earn a bit of money from your software spurs developers to spend many extra hours developing AmigaOS software than they otherwise would have.

Hope so too. Having software available from one handy located is a good idea and means there's less chance of it geting overlooked/missed.

kyle 
Posted on 13-Nov-2014 22:08:02
#69 ]
Cult Member

@Hans

With new RadeonHD 2.4 drivers there will be also an increment of speed in web browsing using OWB?

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 13-Nov-2014 22:16:56
#70 ]
Elite Member

@kyle

Well yes and no, you get some speed increase from DMA enabled WritePixelArray(), but for faster video playback you wont be able to use yuv420p bitmap with out changes in the OWB code.

Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 13-Nov-2014 at 10:19 PM.

kyle 
Posted on 13-Nov-2014 22:28:31
#71 ]
Cult Member

@NutsAboutAmiga

Thank you for the answer, I was meaning only of speed increase in web browsing so the answer should be yes thanks to DMA enabled WritePixelArray

About video playback speed we should obtaining also an increment of speed and performances using such programs as Webreplay or Smtube in bundle with new version of Mplayer supporting accelerated video playback

djrikki 
Posted on 13-Nov-2014 22:33:56
#72 ]
Elite Member

@broadblues

Thank for the EzCap recommendation works beautifully even at 1080P!

Cheese 
Posted on 13-Nov-2014 22:54:02
#73 ]

@Hans

Quote:
Well, you can't expect developers to dedicate more hours to their AmigaOS projects without getting paid; they need money to live, just like everyone else.

Indeed, you can't. But who's expecting what? And in comparison to what? I'm used to get the stuff that's on offer on AMIstore for free (even more looking at the history of amiga pd) or at least included in the price I paid for my OS. Everyone is free to charge whatever they want, but expect people to raise their eyebrows and wonder.

"Delving into the past can be a dangerous exercise." -hyperionmp

"I've been a supporter of "REACTION" GUI because is an Amiga OS thing." -Snuffy

"I personally prefer a vision of do'ers and makers rather than

Overflow 
Posted on 13-Nov-2014 23:01:01
#74 ]

@Cheese

Quote:
but expect people to raise their eyebrows and wonder.

Why raise eyebrows?

Quote:
I'm used to get the stuff that's on offer on AMIstore for free

And we wonder why there are so few developers left on the platform(s).

Phantom 
Posted on 13-Nov-2014 23:03:56
#75 ]
Elite Member

@Cheese

Really? In the 80s and 90s when you had your classic Amiga everything was free? Some very good PD apps and games were under shareware tag at least; MUI was free for example? There are many examples of this.

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 14-Nov-2014 2:28:54
#76 ]
Elite Member

@kyle

Quote:
About video playback speed we should obtaining also an increment of speed and performances using such programs as Webreplay or Smtube in bundle with new version of Mplayer supporting accelerated video playback

I have just recently sent the new mplayer to a Sam460 AmigaOS4 Beta tester, but sent him the wrong configuration file, once he has fixed his config file, we know in a few days how well it works on the Sam460. (what he can do or not.)

Anyway it should be lot faster the the old mplayer.

kyle 
Posted on 14-Nov-2014 6:40:40
#77 ]
Cult Member

@NutsAboutAmiga

Great, looking forward to seeing (good) news about this

ZeroG 
Posted on 14-Nov-2014 8:01:12
#78 ]
Cult Member

@amigakit

Is it possible to add "auto login" to AmiStore?

The option to save the username locally is a little bit hidden and should be moved to the login window.

I have entered my AmiBoing Name in the prefs, should AmiStore know what games I bought from EntwicklerX / AmiBoing?

The main Window should have a risize gadget, i want to use the full resolution of my monitor for better overview.

The "banner format" view is useless.

The "grid format" view has the scrollbar in the wrong direction. It should not be horizontal, it should be vertical and should support the scrollwheel.

Add a "list format" that shows the picture and the most usefull informations about the product (Name, Type, OS, short description, Price).

Add a option to disable auto install.

The green checkmark that shows that you have bought something is not viewed in "banner format" and is way too unobtrusively.

imagodespira 
Posted on 14-Nov-2014 8:20:42
#79 ]

@ZeroG

Quote:

I have entered my AmiBoing Name in the prefs, should AmiStore know what games I bought from EntwicklerX / AmiBoing?

Please ignore the AmiBoing Name in the current version. Currently both platforms are seperated (amigakit, remove this option?) and it should stay this way. AmiStore is another, good distribution channel for us direct connection is not needed.

(Anyway, we work on an amiboing.library to separate it from our games and give invited developers the possibility to use amiboing highscores etc. in future. )

djrikki 
Posted on 14-Nov-2014 8:45:50
#80 ]
Elite Member

Another way to donate by PayPal to developers who aren't in the Amistore is to simply log into the Jack AppStore and hit the Donation tab where there are literally 100s of freeware applications and tools that have come together over the years. All the developers shown behind the software have all opted-in yo receive payments this way too.

Last edited by djrikki on 14-Nov-2014 at 08:47 AM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle